Dropped "parade" from Christmas parade title

Wow.  Another classic tradition gone.  The Christmas Day parade show used to be such a big deal.

It's also crazy that they're supposedly going to tape it so early.  This article is saying mid-November.  It has always been the first week of December in the past.

I'm glad to see it's not going to be Frozen themed.  I think Disney is realizing that they've perhaps reached the limits of how far they can shove that stuff down guests' throats.  Just in time for the new Frozen stuff to open in Epcot.

TCD

• 3 weeks later...

We've never been here when they taped the Christmas show and are curious and want to check it out.  Any ideas as to who may be performing? 

For one thing, to actually be in the crowd when the parade is being taped, you have to receive an invite.  You will be jammed onto Main Street at a ridiculously early hour and have to remain standing the entire time. The rest of the folks that have the bad luck to be in the MK on that day will have to bypass Main Street. 

Also, not all of the performers, perform live in front of the crowds. We were actually there one year and caught a glimpse of them coaching the crowd to react to a non-existent performer. They were playing the music, but nobody was on stage.

We've never been here when they taped the Christmas show and are curious and want to check it out. Any ideas as to who may be performing?

We were actually there one year and caught a glimpse of them coaching the crowd to react to a non-existent performer. They were playing the music, but nobody was on stage.

Getting excited over nothing....sounds like par for the course with Disney.

For one thing, to actually be in the crowd when the parade is being taped, you have to receive an invite.  You will be jammed onto Main Street at a ridiculously early hour and have to remain standing the entire time. The rest of the folks that have the bad luck to be in the MK on that day will have to bypass Main Street. 

Also, not all of the performers, perform live in front of the crowds. We were actually there one year and caught a glimpse of them coaching the crowd to react to a non-existent performer. They were playing the music, but nobody was on stage.

I can confirm everything Carol said.

I got a passholder invite one year and participated, I think it was 2005.  It started off kind of fun, and we saw Regis and Kelly but then it got hot standing in the sun, so after a while we gave up and left.  There was a lot of cheering and reacting to a parade float that didn't move, not much more than that.

WBI

The parade is running reverse this year due to the construction in front of the castle. Normally the tree goes up after the parade taping because a stage and camera crane are place where the tree sits. Since they are tapping from a different angle this year the tree will be the back drop.

The parade is running reverse this year due to the construction in front of the castle. Normally the tree goes up after the parade taping because a stage and camera crane are place where the tree sits. Since they are tapping from a different angle this year the tree will be the back drop.

Excellent inside information.  As usual.

When my girls were working the college program last year, the word among CM's was that Disney was going to try to accelerate the Hub construction so that it would be done and all the walls would come down for the parade taping.  They missed that deadline, which limited what was shown of the parade on TV.  It's hard to believe a year has gone by, and they're still not done with the construction in the Hub/Castle area.

TCD

Thanks Dave! :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

It wasn't a parade, it was an ad for the Disney stars and for the cruise line. We watched the "parade" from Chicago that was on afterwards. That was taped some night previous to Christmas. I was wondering why ABC chose to broadcast that one in particular? It was quickly answered when the majority of the floats and performers were all Disney related and the majority of the commercials/infomercials were all Disney also. But it was still a lot better than the crap they broadcast from the park.

I think like everything else these days, they tried on going in a different direction. This years parade/ celebration was more a focus on entertainers singing. The parade shots for me me were just short blips of the move it/shake it parade put on character floats and shown on TV for less than a minute. I sat through 1 1/2 hours of it to see th Star Wars part which was a disappointing minute and a half shot. I will say, the only thing I liked was seeng the host this year being professional and not a wise ass like that tool Nick Cannon who should never be on TV. I thought the wedding proposal thing was also stupid. Now everyone is going to want to do that. I thought it was staged anyways. Just like reality TV