Instead of just complaining here, I think emailing Disney about this stuff might help or at least annoy them when you click the button requesting a response. Maybe they will actually do something if it goes through the proper channels and makes someone look bad for not doing their job?

Like my momma says about elections, if you don't vote, you can't bi&?h about the results. She also says that about when you don't feel well, if you don't take Motrin/aspirin/Etc you can't complain.

I knew I liked your mama :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We went by there today and all the swings were back up. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, it's ridiculous the way they treat the Fort guests.   I know we don't pay as much per night as the GF, Boardwalk, or Contemporary guests, but we also don't get as many amenities (room service,

Shoreline I apologize things got out of hand in my room that night and disturbed you. We had the same thing happened at AKL in April. I think that's what your talking about. My gf and I learned some n

Yes.

What about the swing set.... curious if they fixed that yet.  It was down to 2 swings in October (last October it only had 3 swings... the swing set is designed to hold 4).  The CM and I talked about that one too.

It was the same in November.

Well, there's been some progress with the swings.

But, not in the right direction.

When I popped in for some chicken last week, the swing-set was down to one baby swing- that's it:

1%208%2015%20022_zpshunxexxt.jpg

That's a new level of low for the idiots in charge.

TCD

There are only two explanations. It's intentional or it's unintentional.  Either one is bad show, bad bad show.   

Is that the playground by the trails End?

That is one of my 2 granddaughters favorite places to go and swing.

That is a crying shame that they can't even take care of something as simple as that.

Cripes, they could get replacements from Amazon in less than a week!

I know Tampa has a couple of places that sell commercial swingsets and parts.

With all of the resorts in Orlando I'm sure there are plenty of vendors that sell parts locally.

That is a crying shame that they can't even take care of something as simple as that.

With all of the resorts in Orlando I'm sure there are plenty of vendors that sell parts locally.

I've said this in many threads and I'll say it again (TCD has also said something similar several times..):

You could pick out any random, average reader of this board, put them in charge of the Fort, and they would do a better job than the current place-holders that run the place now.   :mellow:

Yes-that is the only swing-set left at the Fort.

Four swings for how many guests?

And they can't keep the darned swings on it?

At the rates they charge?

They clearly don't give a hoot.  They just keep raising the rates.  That was Walt's business model- and I quote:  "give the suckers as little as possible, and charge them double what it's worth."

TCD

..... That was Walt's business model- and I quote:  "give the suckers as little as possible, and charge them double what it's worth."

TCD

Yes, I'm pretty sure he say's this in the movie in "One Man's Dream" doesn't he?  I think it's the part where he's sitting on a park bench trying to think of ways to screw families and kids.....

..... That was Walt's business model- and I quote:  "give the suckers as little as possible, and charge them double what it's worth."

TCD

Yes, I'm pretty sure he say's this in the movie in "One Man's Dream" doesn't he?  I think it's the part where he's sitting on a park bench trying to think of ways to screw families and kids.....

Yeah- something like that.

I think the story goes that he brought his daughters to a run down, crappy merry-go-round in a park.  And, that gave him the inspiration to build his own crappy, run down park, where he could charge guests a fortune to experience stuff that was worn out and broken.  He always preached that they should give the guests as little as possible and charge they most they could get away with.

TCD

What I don't understand is why are the swings disappearing? Parks in our town are older then me with the original swings still there.

Yep... I've talked to Disney a couple of times on this now.  Talked, reported... but no response/action from them.  I say just take down the silly swing poles.  It looks like a really bad KOA.

What I don't understand is why are the swings disappearing? Parks in our town are older then me with the original swings still there.

Have they even attempted to replace them?  According to the posts higher up in this thread, they've two of the four were missing since October.

Maybe there is something that needs to be fixed before they can hang up a couple of chains and a swing, but why haven't they fixed what needs fixing?

It's just more evidence of the incompetence of the management- as long as occupancy is good and the bottom line is healthy, they simply don't care about details.

Instead of just complaining here, I think emailing Disney about this stuff might help or at least annoy them when you click the button requesting a response. Maybe they will actually do something if it goes through the proper channels and makes someone look bad for not doing their job?

Well, here's you answer:

Yep... I've talked to Disney a couple of times on this now.  Talked, reported... but no response/action from them.  I say just take down the silly swing poles.  It looks like a really bad KOA.

And there we have it.

Fixing stuff costs money.  Spending money means less profit.  Heaven forbid there's less profit.

Who cares about the future?  The idiots in charge just care about the current quarterly financial statement.  They don't plan on being around when the chickens come home to roost.

TCD

Have they even attempted to replace them?  According to the posts higher up in this thread, they've two of the four were missing since October.

Maybe there is something that needs to be fixed before they can hang up a couple of chains and a swing, but why haven't they fixed what needs fixing?

It's just more evidence of the incompetence of the management- as long as occupancy is good and the bottom line is healthy, they simply don't care about details.

Well, here's you answer:

And there we have it.

Fixing stuff costs money.  Spending money means less profit.  Heaven forbid there's less profit.

Who cares about the future?  The idiots in charge just care about the current quarterly financial statement.  They don't plan on being around when the chickens come home to roost.

TCD

......but yet I have 20 boxes of magic bands and you are a transcontinental park hopper. We all give into their greed (and stupidity) like everybody else. At least their not getting my $600 each for AP's this year

I think it has to be intentional. Some kid probably got hurt and they are either

1) taking them away one by one so hopefully no one notices or 

2) taking them away when they are bad and not replacing them.

I think it has to be intentional. Some kid probably got hurt and they are either

At that point they might as well swoop in overnight and take the whole thing out completely.  Sure some people will notice, but those people are already noticing the disappearing swings and how lame this is.

At that point they might as well swoop in overnight and take the whole thing out completely.  Sure some people will notice, but those people are already noticing the disappearing swings and how lame this is.

That's Standard Operating Procedure.

It's how they handled the removal of the River Country Wagon, the Covered Wagon at the Settlement Trading Post, the Lawnmower Tree, the Petting Zoo, the 1400 loop playground, etc.

TCD

I'll bet it's really along the line of "some kid got hurt"   I'm sure some little mope fell off the swing and mommy and daddy (who where no where near) raised a fuss.  Down come the swings.  Our local group of nut-job parents tried to get rid of swings at all our village parks.  They wanted them moved 50 ft away from streets (putting the swings in the center of the baseball diamond) ... someone may grab a kid!!!!  facepalm.

Thanksgiving there was an adult swing and a baby swing. Today I noticed just the baby swing. Must be the last one to break. I wouldn't doubt they want to get rid of the swings. A few months ago we saw some kids trying to swing them all the way around. Lucky they didn't since the whole swing set was jerking. Such a shame that in most places swings are becoming a thing of the past. With me being 45, I can think of a ton of commercial playground equipment I grew up on that now is deemed unsafe. I agree, they should at least remove it if they are not replacing it

We all know how slow construction is at Disney.

This is phase 1 of the new DVC project - Swing Removal.

Scope of work remove swings. Use caution, take extra time if needed as to avoid strain while removing swings.

If task is to overwhelming call 1-888-brown-paint Ext.GUY. For assistance.

Thanksgiving there was an adult swing and a baby swing. Today I noticed just the baby swing. Must be the last one to break. I wouldn't doubt they want to get rid of the swings. A few months ago we saw some kids trying to swing them all the way around. Lucky they didn't since the whole swing set was jerking. Such a shame that in most places swings are becoming a thing of the past. With me being 45, I can think of a ton of commercial playground equipment I grew up on that now is deemed unsafe. I agree, they should at least remove it if they are not replacing it

Are you referring to the Cubes Of Death, the climbing square that slowly got smaller near the top? Or the twirling merry go round of puke? Down here in Fl it's also know as the blister your skin off ride.
  • 3 weeks later...

As of January 31, 2016, there is still just one baby swing on that the swing-set for the enjoyment of all the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground guests:

1%2031%2016%20105_zpstwiuki0u.jpg

But please be patient, it is very complicated hanging up pieces of chain and plastic. I heard they have brought in the Imagineers who got all of New Fatasyland built in just four years, so it shouldn't be more than another year or two to get the swings hung back up.

TCD

39 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

As of January 31, 2016, there is still just one baby swing on that the swing-set for the enjoyment of all the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground guests:

But please be patient, it is very complicated hanging up pieces of chain and plastic. I heard they have brought in the Imagineers who got all of New Fatasyland built in just four years, so it shouldn't be more than another year or two to get the swings hung back up.

TCD

Does this mean we will have another TR soon?