Well, here we are for our annual thanksgiving trip to the fort. It was massive busy. For the first time we did not get any of the sites we requested. No biggie since there are no guarantees. We pull up to our site 1312 and have to start arguing with the neighboring site that the site is being held for family that have had RV trouble. I tried to do the respectable thing and go up front and get another site. We got another site since I didn't want to be next to them anyways. Here is the first Disney fail... The site was not ready and they said they would text us when it was ready. Luckily I saw the woman who cleaned the sites and she cleaned it within 30 minutes. She asked if they texted me and I said no. She said go ahead and back her in. It's 9:30 Monday and I still have not gotten a text...fail

Next was a trip to trails end and we noticed the main Christmas tree by the carriage ride pick up was crooked and not lit. I remember last year that half the trees lights were out which mad for a crappy pic. I asked a cm and they said there were no lights this year. I hope she was wrong. If not...Fail

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We went by there today and all the swings were back up. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, it's ridiculous the way they treat the Fort guests.   I know we don't pay as much per night as the GF, Boardwalk, or Contemporary guests, but we also don't get as many amenities (room service,

Shoreline I apologize things got out of hand in my room that night and disturbed you. We had the same thing happened at AKL in April. I think that's what your talking about. My gf and I learned some n

I was going to bring this up in my TR, whenever I get around to it, but since you brought it up.

The first misfire was when we were checking in. Due to the backup they sent us to the office. The guard said park anywhere just don't block any lanes. No big deal and it would be much faster. After cruising the full lot I pull up in front and leave the truck running while I check in. Some maintenance worker starts yelling at my wife while I was inside, "You can't park there and to move the trailer". She replied "I don't know how to drive with the trailer" he still harangued her about it. He was either gone or was afraid to accost me when I came out a few minutes later (I've been told by car salesmen I scare people). By the way we were on our way while the people in front of us at the guard shack were still four places back in the main entrance line so not all bad.

The next was the overall state of the place. It might be memories always being better than reality but the Fort just didn't seem as clean as our last visit nor were maintenance issues taken care of. We lost all of the higher cable channels the first day we arrived. Of course the 20 buy more Disney stuff channels were working. They never repaired it during the time were there. My wife also made a report about the women's shower drains being slow and backing up. Again nobody fixed it while we were there. I also noticed large fresh oil spills on numerous sites as we walked around that I don't recall seeing last year. The last was the bus service. I understand that the Fort is the red headed stepchild but we literally waited an hour for a bus back from Disney Springs both times we went. All of this while empty buses were leaving the area after dropping off guests. They were even ignoring the loading dispatchers.  The last one I will save for the  TR as it has an associated picture.

I was going to bring this up in my TR, whenever I get around to it, but since you brought it up.

The first misfire was when we were checking in. Due to the backup they sent us to the office. The guard said park anywhere just don't block any lanes. No big deal and it would be much faster. After cruising the full lot I pull up in front and leave the truck running while I check in. Some maintenance worker starts yelling at my wife while I was inside, "You can't park there and to move the trailer". She replied "I don't know how to drive with the trailer" he still harangued her about it. He was either gone or was afraid to accost me when I came out a few minutes later (I've been told by car salesmen I scare people). By the way we were on our way while the people in front of us at the guard shack were still four places back in the main entrance line so not all bad.

The next was the overall state of the place. It might be memories always being better than reality but the Fort just didn't seem as clean as our last visit nor were maintenance issues taken care of. We lost all of the higher cable channels the first day we arrived. Of course the 20 buy more Disney stuff channels were working. They never repaired it during the time were there. My wife also made a report about the women's shower drains being slow and backing up. Again nobody fixed it while we were there. I also noticed large fresh oil spills on numerous sites as we walked around that I don't recall seeing last year. The last was the bus service. I understand that the Fort is the red headed stepchild but we literally waited an hour for a bus back from Disney Springs both times we went. All of this while empty buses were leaving the area after dropping off guests. They were even ignoring the loading dispatchers.  The last one I will save for the  TR as it has an associated picture.

The cable is weird lately. There are about 20 some odd channels from 3 - 23-xx then a bunch of blank or sound only channels, then it picks back up at about 54-xx. Really bizarre.

The cable is weird lately. There are about 20 some odd channels from 3 - 23-xx then a bunch of blank or sound only channels, then it picks back up at about 54-xx. Really bizarre.

We had 2 through the highest channel (50 something) for all of the afternoon we checked in. We went out for a bit that evening and when we came back all we had were 7 through the 20-1 (local through the Disney stuff) and two higher special events Disney channels. We were missing all of the typical cable channels like Discovery, Syfy, etc after those first few hours. I reported it and that was the last I heard of it other than a thank you.

Edit: I really should say the channels were there just nothing came through and all you had was blank screen. 

so let me get this clear, they assign you a site, you try to use it and the people in the next site say no?!?!?!

you are a better man that I am, I would have set up and had a beer, you bring up a valid point that my young mind overlooks till after the fact, that you then have to deal with them for the remainder of their stay.

I think you made the best decision for you, and for that I thank you for the life lesson....

Sorry you had a rough start... I too would have asked for another site for two reasons:  first, the people who wanted you to move could have ended up being a real pain and second, I would feel sorry for them.  If I had family coming, I would want them next to me too.  So, really nice of you to move :)

Keith... I agree with the lack of cleanliness.  I made a comment on this, with my "Disney Fort Survey" they emailed me.  Who knows if they'll listen but, hopefully so.

Just finished one of Disney's post visit surveys.

They are really pushing magic bands and fast passes and the whole "My Disney Experience" bit.

They ask if you had issues with your lodging and visiting the parks, but then never ask what the problems were.

This. I have a huge issue with this. So much so I'm going to briefly threadjack.

My wife and I went to WDW last month for Food & Wine and stayed at the Boardwalk Inn. Mind you, this is the first vacation we've taken without kids in about 16 years. Our room was nice enough, except for the fact that it smelled like a moldy pool locker room. I asked at the front desk and was told the hotel was full and they couldn't move us to a different room. Fine. I picked up some claritin and on we went.

Until the second night we were there. Some of the rooms at the Boardwalk are adjoiners, like many hotels. To put it politely, the noises coming through that doorway at 2 in the morning, for an extended period of time, were not family friendly. I mean, everyone should enjoy their vacation, and I'm no prude, but man. It got so bad that I called the desk, and I'd assume the parties were asked to tone it down because the noises were then joined by loud, bass-heavy music. Awesome. I turned on the tv and the noise eventually died down.

We discussed it the next morning and decided not to make a big deal about it with the hotel unless it happened again the next night. Anyway, we never heard anything more and the rest of the trip was great.

When we got the survey there was really no place to express how disappointed we were and how glad we were that our kids weren't with us. So, I sent a very tersely worded (but polite) email to guest services about the odor in the room and the noise from the adjoining room, not expecting any reply back. About a week later got a call back from a person that was obviously a manager, and he was mortified. I'm not the kind of guy that makes a big stink over things, but I really just wanted to let them know that their 'deluxe' resort was anything but and that our vacation was definitely less than magical. Long story short, without me asking for anything they gave us a large credit back on our hotel bill for the trip.

So, the moral of the story is follow up the survey with an email to guest services if you don't feel the survey adequately represents your opinions.

End of threadjack.

Just finished one of Disney's post visit surveys.

They are really pushing magic bands and fast passes and the whole "My Disney Experience" bit.

They ask if you had issues with your lodging and visiting the parks, but then never ask what the problems were.

The survey I received, had several areas where they asked you to enter comments...

Hmmm...

The survey I received, had several areas where they asked you to enter comments...

Hmmm...

There was one box in the very beginning for a comment, it was before they really asked questions, so I figured they would have places to comment while you went along.

Nope, but they did ask questions like are you a hothead (worded nicer), do snags bother you, etc, are you calm person.  Psycho babble types of things.

Maybe I'll write like shoreline99 did.

It was minor things, comfort station always had water and unknown substances on the floor, broken towel dispenser, couldn't get a straight answer about the Osborne sneak peek,

Things that just a few years ago would NOT have been tolerated by Disney.

For the amount of $$ they charge, things should run smoothly.

This. I have a huge issue with this. So much so I'm going to briefly threadjack.

My wife and I went to WDW last month for Food & Wine and stayed at the Boardwalk Inn. Mind you, this is the first vacation we've taken without kids in about 16 years. Our room was nice enough, except for the fact that it smelled like a moldy pool locker room. I asked at the front desk and was told the hotel was full and they couldn't move us to a different room. Fine. I picked up some claritin and on we went.

Until the second night we were there. Some of the rooms at the Boardwalk are adjoiners, like many hotels. To put it politely, the noises coming through that doorway at 2 in the morning, for an extended period of time, were not family friendly. I mean, everyone should enjoy their vacation, and I'm no prude, but man. It got so bad that I called the desk, and I'd assume the parties were asked to tone it down because the noises were then joined by loud, bass-heavy music. Awesome. I turned on the tv and the noise eventually died down.

We discussed it the next morning and decided not to make a big deal about it with the hotel unless it happened again the next night. Anyway, we never heard anything more and the rest of the trip was great.

When we got the survey there was really no place to express how disappointed we were and how glad we were that our kids weren't with us. So, I sent a very tersely worded (but polite) email to guest services about the odor in the room and the noise from the adjoining room, not expecting any reply back. About a week later got a call back from a person that was obviously a manager, and he was mortified. I'm not the kind of guy that makes a big stink over things, but I really just wanted to let them know that their 'deluxe' resort was anything but and that our vacation was definitely less than magical. Long story short, without me asking for anything they gave us a large credit back on our hotel bill for the trip.

So, the moral of the story is follow up the survey with an email to guest services if you don't feel the survey adequately represents your opinions.

End of threadjack.

It was our third trip to the Fort after we started "real" (no cabin) camping when we got placed in the dreaded 2000 loop.

We had a very bad experience there, and as we were leaving I stopped at the front desk and talked to a manager.  After some song and dance from him, they comped us a night towards a future visit (they did offer to refund us 1 night back to our credit card).

So yes, if you talk to them calmly, explain the issues, you may get results, but their surveys are worthless.

There was one box in the very beginning for a comment, it was before they really asked questions, so I figured they would have places to comment while you went along.

Nope, but they did ask questions like are you a hothead (worded nicer), do snags bother you, etc, are you calm person.  Psycho babble types of things.

Uh... we received completely different surveys.  Mine didn't ask what "type" of person I was (only age, location, etc).  There were 2 or 3 opportunities to elaborate on feelings (add comments). Odd.

I think you should write a letter.  No guarantees but, I do think that there are times when Disney listens.  Especially if you're not writing just to complain, but to express frustrations as well as to communicate that your desire is for the Fort and WDW to stay magical.  With our society today (it's all about me and I'm too lazy to even throw my trash away), Disney has an uphill battle however... I do believe that if they set aside some profit and refocus those funds, then the magic can return/remain.

Uh... we received completely different surveys.  Mine didn't ask what "type" of person I was (only age, location, etc).  There were 2 or 3 opportunities to elaborate on feelings (add comments). Odd.

I think you should write a letter.  No guarantees but, I do think that there are times when Disney listens.  Especially if you're not writing just to complain, but to express frustrations as well as to communicate that your desire is for the Fort and WDW to stay magical.  With our society today (it's all about me and I'm too lazy to even throw my trash away), Disney has an uphill battle however... I do believe that if they set aside some profit and refocus those funds, then the magic can return/remain.

A couple of the questions did pertain to issues with other guests, but again no place to tell what the issues were.

And on the 1 thru 10 scales I gave them 5 and bellows and that usually triggers a comment box.