Nothing related to camping, but might help someone and didn't know where to put it.

We were at Sams yesterday and found a couple of good deals.  I know Sams prices vary area to area but here goes.

We got the Crock Pot Casserole cooker for $27 marked down from $49.  Looks like it'll be a good match for our type of camping cooking.

Also found chicken thighs for 99 cents a pound.

And at GFS they had pork for making pulled pork for $1.15 a pound.  Marinating it right now, and it's hitting the smoker tonight for dinner tomorrow.

Hope these can help someone else.

12 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

When we had our business we did all our shopping at sams, I used to love it but it didn't always make sense for just 2 of us. That and it was clear across town. Maybe after the move I'll try it again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We dropped our membership after the kids moved out, and Aldis and GFS arrived in Tampa.

We just got a new membership on an offer we couldn't refuse.

2 membership cards, $20 gift card, free rotisserie chicken, free cheesecake platter, and a free Danish platter for $45.

We don't go,that often, then of course when we do our refrigerator is bursting at the seams.

They have a great Kale salad, we buy 4 bags when we go.

We dropped our membership after the kids moved out, and Aldis and GFS arrived in Tampa.

2 membership cards, $20 gift card, free rotisserie chicken, free cheesecake platter, and a free Danish platter for $45.

We don't go,that often, then of course when we do our refrigerator is bursting at the seams.

Sounded great till you ruined it mentioning the kale! Haha can't go wrong with a deal like that.

When we get moved in to the new house we'll probably have 2 freezers which will make it nicer for going to sams.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Wow - that IS a deal!  Our BJs membership runs out next month and we have a Sam's right across the river (actually on our side so 2 minutes closer).  I may need to take a look and see if it's time to switch.

3 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Sounded great till you ruined it mentioning the kale! Haha can't go wrong with a deal like that.

When we get moved in to the new house we'll probably have 2 freezers which will make it nicer for going to sams.

The Kale salad is surprisingly good.  It has broccoli in it, a great sweet dressing to overcome the "kale" taste, and has a bag with craisins and seeds.

I think I got the membership deal thru Groupon or Living Social

4 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

When we had our business we did all our shopping at sams, I used to love it but it didn't always make sense for just 2 of us. That and it was clear across town. Maybe after the move I'll try it again.

We run into the same thing now that the kids are grown. What we ended up doing is splitting the BJ's cards between ourselves and daughters. This way we get enough usage to offset the annual fee with the limited items that we buy.

20 hours ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

That was my first question too!   Sounds awful yummy, did you get enough for the whole class?  ;)

Started up the smoker (electric) to get it pre-heated.  Went out 15 minutes later and the digital controller was dead and the smoker had turned off.

Had been having issues with the display previously but it was still working.  I had repaired burnt wiring in the smoker cabinet itself a few years back.

Put the pork in a Crock Pot BBQ cooker we have.  It'll taste good just won't have that smokey essence.

Time to check craigslist or the sale ads for a replacement.

18 hours ago, Travisma said:

Wow. I just renewed my Sams membership and for $45 got --- a Sams membership. I should have looked around for a deal. 

14 hours ago, Travisma said:

The Kale salad is surprisingly good.  It has broccoli in it, a great sweet dressing to overcome the "kale" taste, and has a bag with craisins and seeds.

I think I got the membership deal thru Groupon or Living Social

That sounds like the the new "superfood side" at Chik Fil A  --  Chopped Broccolini® and kale blend, tossed in a sweet and tangy maple vinaigrette dressing and topped with flavorful dried sour cherries. Served with our roasted nut blend. -- which is something like $3.50 for a small bowl. I need to look for that next time I go to Sams. 

22 hours ago, Travisma said:

Nothing related to camping, but might help someone and didn't know where to put it.

We were at Sams yesterday and found a couple of good deals.  I know Sams prices vary area to area but here goes.

We got the Crock Pot Casserole cooker for $27 marked down from $49.  Looks like it'll be a good match for our type of camping cooking.

Also found chicken thighs for 99 cents a pound.

And at GFS they had pork for making pulled pork for $1.15 a pound.  Marinating it right now, and it's hitting the smoker tonight for dinner tomorrow.

Hope these can help someone else.

YUM!

We just had a bag of the salad with my pulled pork.  Beckers, yes it is the one with poppyseed dressing and the cranberrys, not craisins. This trip it was $2.58, but I've gotten it as cheap as $1.88.  As a side you can get at least 4 servings per bag. And you really don't taste the kale, it just gives it a nice crunch.

4 minutes ago, Retired and Happy (Ken) said:

Just curious, but why do you want a salad that has to have something to cover up the taste of a main ingredient?  I have never eaten kale, and there are few "greens" I like, but I think I will stick to my iceberg lettuce.  ;)

Some people find it bitter, like collards and turnip greens.  I don't have a problem with it. In fact, I have a kale smoothie most mornings.

Guess the sweet dressing is for the lightweights that can't hang with the manly men! :lol:

3 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

They have this one or a similar one at Lowes.  Good if you are boondocking, but the Fort Rangers will shut you down for the non allowed open flame! :P