2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

4 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:
1 hour ago, Beckers said:

Jason I hope your cough isn't contagious, don't want you infecting us. Haha

Not contagious. Just a hint of a cough. LOL  Ironically and independently his son suggested the same time period. LOL

• 2 months later...

From the Disney Parks Blog...

2016 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Now 62 Days of Great Eats, Trend-Setting Beverages, Live Entertainment

Pam Brandon

by Pam Brandon, Food Writer, Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort

Just as we wrap the final weeks of the fabulous 2016 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, we’re already getting excited about the debut of the 2016 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, opening on Sept. 14 and continuing a record 62 days, through Nov. 14.

We’ve already been tasting the dishes for the 30-plus global marketplaces, from a new beef brisket and pimento cheese sandwich for Hops & Barley to surprisingly delicious vegan Greek nachos. And anyone for a hard soda ice-cream float?

Look for new hands-on experiences with chefs, bakers and mixologists in the Festival Center, and a new cooking school (details to come).

Celebrity chefs are back, already on this year’s roster are Jamie Deen, “Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro, Masaharu Morimoto, Elizabeth Faulkner, Norman Van Aken and Cat Cora.

And once you’re happily sated, the free Eat to the Beat concerts at America Gardens Theatre are the perfect way to end the day – Wang Chung opens the concert series Sept. 14-15. Eight new acts will join the lineup, and favorites are back, including Wilson Phillips and Boyz II Men.

A few things you might like to know:

• The Festival Private Label California Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon are back, available by the bottle or glass.
  • Chef Remy of “Ratatouille” returns with his fun-for-the-family culinary scavenger hunt.
  • Chase debit and credit card members attending the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase – including Disney Visa card members — will find complimentary non-alcoholic refreshments, a charging station and comfortable seating to relax at the Chase Lounge at American Adventure.
  • Included with Epcot admission are the Back to Basics series, special book signings, Eat to the Beat concerts, cultural adventures, Festival Passport and all attractions and entertainment.
  • Party for the Senses grand tasting events with a new theme each week, Rockin’ Burger Block Parties, signature dinners and other special wine and culinary programs require reservations and separate event admission. When a reservation booking date is announced this summer, guests can call 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378) and get details at epcotfoodfestival.com.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/05/2016-epcot-international-food-wine-festival-now-62-days-of-great-eats-trend-setting-beverages-live-entertainment/

• 1 month later...

ABC’s ‘The Chew’ Returns to Broadcast from Epcot and Make Appearances

We’ve been wondering, and now we know for sure — the cast of ABC TV’s The Chew is definitely returning for the 2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!

The Cast of The Chew

The Cast of The Chew

According to BroadwayWorld.com, the core cast will tape 5 shows for broadcast on ABC. Taping dates will be October 5-7. The episodes are scheduled to air the week of October 10-14.

Scheduled to appear are co-hosts Mario Batali, Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly, and Daphne Oz. This will be the first appearance for Oz, who didn’t make the trip during last year’s event due to pregnancy.

In addition to the week’s worth of episodes, the cast will also be filming segments throughout Walt Disney World for broadcast during the duration of the Festival.

No word yet on whether any of the show’s hosts will be involved in any special events, like Cooking Demonstrations or Premium Parties. Last year, the cast appeared on stage during one of the Rockin’ Burger Block Parties.

But we’ve got even more great news!

A Chew Booth Returns for the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!

In 2015, the festival made history by expanding marketplace booths into Future World for the very first time with The Chew. The team at the popular show created menu items for two booths — Chew Lab and Sustainable Chew. And it looks like this year, they’ll be bringing their innovative ideas to the event once more!

Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli with Tomato Sauce

Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli with Tomato Sauce

So far, we know that THE CHEW Collective will once again be located in the Next Eats area of Future World. AND — we look forward to trying three new delicious dishes — Grilled Beef Skewer with Romaine, Apricots and Feta Cheese; Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli with Rustic Tomato Sauce; and Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with a Caramel Drizzle.

In addition, Festival exclusive wines return once more, and will be available at the booth as well!

Festival Exclusive Wines Return in 2016

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/06/22/news-cast-of-abcs-the-chew-returns-for-the-2016-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-plus-menu-updates/

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

We’ve been wondering, and now we know for sure — the cast of ABC TV’s The Chew is definitely returning for the 2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival VIA way of their time travel machine!

They must be hanging around Mr Peabody and his boy Sherman.

Big update posted by Disney Food Blog...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/06/26/2016-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-news-details-on-booths-menus-special-events-booking-dates-and-more/

Here's an excerpt on some of the new stuff for 2016....

Sneak Peek! New Epcot Food and Wine Festival Menu Item PHOTOS!

Who’s ready to see some new (and returning) items that will be featured at the Festival for 2016?! Let’s do this!

The Wine & Dine Studio Booth — NEW to the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

The brand new Wine & Dine Studio will make its debut in the Next Eats section of Future World! A Pork Tenderloin with a Cannellini Bean Ragout and Zinfandel Reduction will be on the menu.

Wine & Dine Studio Pork Tenderloin with Cannellini Bean Ragout and Zinfandel Reduction

Wine & Dine Studio Pork Tenderloin with Cannellini Bean Ragout and Zinfandel Reduction

This is also where you’ll find the Seared Scallop with a Truffled Celery Root Puree, Brussels Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms. And yep — you’re right if you think that means the ah-MA-zing scallop formerly of the Scotland booth will NOT be returning. (A moment of silence, please.)

Wine & Dine Studio Seared Scallop with Truffled Celery Root Puree, Brussel Sprouts, and Wild Mushrooms

Wine & Dine Studio Seared Scallop with Truffled Celery Root Puree, Brussels Sprouts, and Wild Mushrooms

Consider pairing your item with the Robert Mondavi Winery Maestro Red Blend.

Robert Mondavi Winery Maestro Red Blend

Robert Mondavi Winery Maestro Red Blend

Chocolate Studio Booth  — NEW to the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

The Chocolate Studio is a brand new booth for 2016, but it’s bringing with it a favorite dish from 2015: the Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel!

Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel

Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel

The Chew Collective Booth  — NEW to the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

The full cast of the  ABC TV daytime cooking show, The Chew, is returning to the Festival! And the show will also be represented at an all-new booth this year! The Chew Collective will serve the Grilled Beef Skewer with Romaine, Apricots, and Feta Cheese.

The Chew Collective's Grilled Beef Skewer with Romaine, Apricots, and Feta Cheese

The Chew Collective’s Grilled Beef Skewer with Romaine, Apricots, and Feta Cheese

And for dessert? How about a little Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with a Caramel Drizzle?

The Chew Collective's Peanut Butter Mousse

The Chew Collective’s Peanut Butter Mousse

New Marketplace — Name Yet to Be Announced

No. Seriously. You read that right! One more brand new booth is still in its “Imagineering” stages. What we DO know is that the booth will feature Village Farms, a local Florida producer of tomatoes that is taking the local Orlando food scene by storm. Disney chefs are so impressed that there will be a whole marketplace booth dedicated to the produce here.

Village Farm Snack Pack Tomatoes

Village Farm Snack Pack Tomatoes — So Impressive They Get Their Own Booth!

Here’s one of our favorite dishes from today’s preview — Duck Confit with Creamy Polenta and Fire-roasted Salsa.

Duck Confit with Creamy Polenta and Fire-roasted Salsa

Duck Confit with Creamy Polenta and Fire-roasted Salsa

The booth may not have a name yet, but lemme tell ya’… wherever the Duck Confit ends up, GO. THERE. AND. GET. IT. We also look forward to tasting a Gazpacho and a Tomato Salad with a Tomato Vinaigrette. You never knew how versatile the humble tomato could be. ;-)

Islands of the Caribbean Booth — RETURNING to the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

The Islands of the Caribbean Booth is returning from hiatus! And we’ve got two new menu items to introduce to you. For starters, the Mojo Pork with Black Beans, Cilantro Rice, and Pickled Red Onions.

Epcot Food and Wine 2016 Preview Islands of the Caribbean Mojo Pork with Black Beans Cilantro Rice and Pickled Red Onions 2

Mojo Pork with Black Beans, Cilantro Rice and Pickled Red Onions

And this gorgeous puff pastry is a Quesito with sweetened cream cheese and guava sauce.

Quesito

Quesito

Farm Fresh Booth

Plan a visit to the returning Farm Fresh Booth for an all-new dish: Chicken and Dumplings, with mushroom and spinach.

Chicken and Dumplings

Chicken and Dumplings

Greece Booth

We’re excited to welcome back Greece with some all-new menu items! Loaded Greek “Nachos” feature pita chips, meatless sausage crumbles, and a vegan tzatziki.

Loaded Greek "Nachos"

Loaded Greek “Nachos”

And the Oikos Greek Yogurt Vanilla Cake will be soaked in Ouzo and topped with a yogurt whipped cream and pistachios.

Oikos Greek Yogurt Vanilla Cake

Oikos Greek Yogurt Vanilla Cake

South Korea Booth

South Korea will return with a Korean-style BBQ Beef with Steamed Rice and Cucumber Kimchi.

Korean-style BBQ Beef

Korean-style BBQ Beef

Hops & Barley Booth

The Hops & Barley Booth is bringing a delicious Smoked Beef Brisket to the table this year, topped with Pimento Cheese and served on Griddled Garlic Toast!

Smoked Beef Brisket

Smoked Beef Brisket

And the New England Lobster Roll has received a makeover from the 2015 version.

New England Lobster Roll

New England Lobster Roll

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/06/26/2016-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-news-details-on-booths-menus-special-events-booking-dates-and-more/

15 hours ago, lightbikes said:

Please ---------- excuse the drool!   Those dishes look wonderful.

Indeed!  The one thing that made me a bit sad about booking our trip over Christmas this year was missing F&W.  Then I lucked into tagging along with my brother's family for a week in October.  My 7yo nephew is a picky eater, but I know we've still got one F&W day scheduled. I'm going to have to skip breakfast that day. :P

20 hours ago, lightbikes said:

Please ---------- excuse the drool!   Those dishes look wonderful.

Yes, the Disney Food Blog is great at posting wonderful photos of Disney food offerings.

I'll try to remember this thread and take some photos of the actual things that are served in the cardboard trays they use at the Food and Wine Festival.  I promise you that things won't look as wonderful (or the portions quite as large) then.  Of course, they will still get my money.

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'll try to remember this thread and take some photos of the actual things that are served in the cardboard trays they use at the Food and Wine Festival.  I promise you that things won't look as wonderful (or the portions quite as large) then.  Of course, they will still get my money.

TCD

Please do!  ;)

On June 28, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes, the Disney Food Blog is great at posting wonderful photos of Disney food offerings.

TCD

Thanks TCD - I'll watch for the pictures of the real thing -

I remember reading an article years ago that pictures of food got "doctored" using everything from painted styrofoam to shellac to add shine and sparkle.  Life is so full of disillusion !!!

58 minutes ago, lightbikes said:

I remember reading an article years ago that pictures of food got "doctored" using everything from painted styrofoam to shellac to add shine and sparkle.  

Usually the "official" ones used for marketing are polished up in some way - either before or after they're shot.  And yeah, the before stuff they do to make food look good is icky. 

It's also why none of those fast food burgers and sandwiches you see on television EVER look that good in person. ;)

I'd imagine the official Disney photos are doctored up in some way.  If they're shots that Disney Food Blog took themselves, probably not but... they also get access to preview events where things are presented very differently than when they're produced for the masses during F&W.  Doesn't mean they still don't taste good, but as TCD said, don't expect anything to look as spiffy (or big) as it did in the photos.

Well, that "glass" of wine looked to be a true pour of what you get just not in that nice glass.  If I should ever dare to give the DW a glass filled like that I had better be holding the bottle pending her approval.  

15 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Well, that "glass" of wine looked to be a true pour of what you get just not in that nice glass.  If I should ever dare to give the DW a glass filled like that I had better be holding the bottle pending her approval.  

LOL! I think they give you those tiny cups so you don't realize how little you're getting. ;)