3 minutes ago, lightbikes said:

There wouldn't be enough alcohol in every bar in WDW to get me on that ride!!!  

I've been on that ride twice.

I've fallen off of a roof 18 feet above ground.

I'd rather fall off the roof again.

• 1 month later...

Well phooey!

Disney “Drops” Plans for Tower of Terror Themed Bar at Hollywood Studios

Why cancel the addition of the bar? There was certainly a lot of good publicity for the project spurred by our article, in fact, it may be the first time I can ever recall posting a rumor to almost completely positive response by our readers. Well, it seems the merchandising team at the park wasn’t keen on a bar in the middle of their very profitable retail outfit at the exit of one of Walt Disney World’s most popular attractions.

In fact, this isn’t event the first time this happened recently. Food and Beverage was determined to have a location inside Star Wars Launch Bay, in fact, it’s mentioned in the original press release for the attraction, but when Launch Bay actually opened, all guests found was an abandoned false Cantina set footsteps away from a rather large Star Wars shop.

It came ever so close to happening…

So (for now), any hope of a bar at the Tower of Terror is dead, but, if I know the food and beverage department well enough, I’m sure they are looking at other nearby venues at the Tower of Terror to play host to this new bar concept.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/06/disney-drops-plans-for-tower-of-terror-themed-bar-at-hollywood-studios/

9 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Double phooey!!! and I'll kick in a Gosh Darn as well - I thought this was going to be a place for me to spend a few minutes of pleasurable time while everyone else did the ride!!!

I'm surprised this idea didn't get implemented.  It seems like they're squeezing in bars all over the place at Animal Kingdom (e.g. the old FP distribution area next to Expedition Everest).  A bar inside of TOT would have been very popular and profitable- and I think they could use another bar on this side of the park.  I doubt this is the last we will hear of the idea.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'm surprised this idea didn't get implemented.  It seems like they're squeezing in bars all over the place at Animal Kingdom (e.g. the old FP distribution area next to Expedition Everest).  A bar inside of TOT would have been very popular and profitable- and I think they could use another bar on this side of the park.  I doubt this is the last we will hear of the idea.

TCD

Here's hoping!  This would be a cool spot for a bar - temperature and atmosphere wise.

6 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Maybe the idea of alcohol and that ride don't mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alcohol before... I agree.  But I'd think more than a few people could use a drink after the ride.  ;)

Sarah and I rode WWW and had a couple of girls behind us that screamed bloody murder from the second they closed the doors until they opened them at the end.  I know *I* sure could have used a drink after that!

1 minute ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

It's the only ride that I'm afraid of.

And I could ride it over and over all day long.  :)

DH got totally psyched out the first time from all the hype and the general atmosphere leading up to the actual ride.  Then we got off and he said "can we ride it again?" 

As long as you're not afraid of heights or falling, and you can handle that "whoopsie" feeling in your stomach, like when you drive over a short hill really fast, you can do it.

And I could ride it over and over all day long.  :)

DH got totally psyched out the first time from all the hype and the general atmosphere leading up to the actual ride.  Then we got off and he said "can we ride it again?" 

As long as you're not afraid of heights or falling, and you can handle that "whoopsie" feeling in your stomach, like when you drive over a short hill really fast, you can do it.

Oh I've ridden it multiple times. The falling feeling is what freaks me out. Z decided he wanted to ride it last year, but changed his mind at the elevator.

5 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

You totally described why I'll never get on it!  And that "whoopsie" feeling gives me a severe headache.

36 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

The Tower is one of my favorite Disney rides.  Love the falling feeling and knowing it's safe.  Well as safe as it can be.  Don't like the lap bars.

Ditto!

And it's even better if your seat belt is a bit loose, you pick up your feet and put your arms up! I've managed to float a good couple of inches off my seat.  :D