My wife and I (grandma and grandpa) planned a WDW trip in October.  We have reserved a Premium Site and a 41 ft 5th wheel camper that sleeps 12.

Our original number was 10 campers (the limit according to the rules) with 3 adults and 5 grandkids (ages 15-7) driving from Indiana and our Air Force son and granddaughter (age 5) flying in from San Antonio.

Since we made the reservations 2 things have happened.  1) Our son and granddaughter can only stay 3 nights and 2) Three grandkids who were not able to come originally can now come and want to.  So we would have 11 campers all week with 13 for 3 nights.  My first thought was to get another campsite at least for 3 nights but there are none available.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?  Is the 10 campers truly the maximum number?  Could we squeeze in 11 for the week? 13 for 3 days?  Out of the 13 campers 7 would be between 9 and 4 years old.

What are the rules about visitors?  We thought about getting a room close to the Fort and having a couple stay there and "visit" us each day at the campground and returning to the hotel each night.  

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions or advice please let me know.

Thanks,

DER

WELCOME!!

10 is the maximum number of Magic Bands you will get for the campsite. So 10 will be the official number of guests.

Day visitors are absolutely fine. I would think your best bet is to have them stay at another Disney Resort, then visit at the campground.

Keep trying for another site. (Contact Jason, he's the man!) ([email protected]) Great Disney travel agent that knows the ins and outs of booking Fort Wilderness.

You would have to make sure if anyone is planning on using the magical express they are on the reservation.

if someone would have a car to drive back and forth from the fort to a hotel, try pricing out the cheapest value for 3 nights. I wouldn't want to have to take a bus to a park, then to the fort, then to your site. 

Thanks for the replies.  We think we are going to behave ourselves (no problem) and try to keep all 13 together for the 1st 3 days and then we will be down to 11 which should not be an issue. 

We are Magic Band noobs....We will have 10 bands linked to the campground but can we buy Magic Bands for the other 3?  They won't be linked to a resort but just to their tickets..is that correct.  Other than not using the Magic Express are there other issues?

Thanks,

DER

The bath house is locked between 11pm and 6am. You need your resort magic band for access.

The laundry rooms are locked 24/7. You need your resort magic band for access.

Extra Magic Hours, both morning and evening. They scan your MB to enter the park for morning acess. Those without a resort MB will not gain entry.

Evening Magic Hours access, they scan your MB before entering an attraction, no access for those without a resort MB.

To enter the resort parking lot through the automatic gates, you need a resort magic band.

Yes, you can buy MBs for those with tickets only and match them to their tickets.BUT, those magic bands will not work on the bath house doors, the gates, and will not scan for extra magic hours.

4 hours ago, caveat lector said:

I would not want to "chance" my vacation on whether Disney chooses to enforce the stated rules. 

probably all they would do is make you pay for another site, that is what they did with us when we tried to put a camper and a  pop up on same site