It's Hot, Hot, HOT!

This morning we went to GC in Kissimmee.  I've come to the conclusion that GCs in Florida just aren't nearly as good as the ones at home.

Today was our last AK day.  As we entered the park, we received these:

14572140_10211010626127487_5341570830409131970_n.jpg?oh=22d0fd9301b7ba24f9317e942aa91e15&oe=586F3C0F

David has never liked FOTLK, but today he actually enjoyed it!  We did the safari, walked both trails again, and just enjoyed the atmosphere.  We did get to see a baby gorilla and also a couple of tigers.  We even played some games in Dinoland!

After we got back to the Fort we went looping.  Got caught in the storm (pictures above).  It's been two hours, and it's still storming.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This tiger was asleep on its back and suddenly woke up and looked directly at me!

I've been coming by both of your sites but haven't been able to catch either of you at home.  Maybe one day soon!

Storm last night was a big one, but my trusty old Coleman Bayside Pop-up handled it with style...I just love the sound of rain on the canvas! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Next time Florida is in a drought we should take a collection and have Gwen visit the fort.

On second thought, Gretchen, maybe you should reconsider that.  We skirted a hurricane coming down last month, and it looks like another one might be chasing us home.

10 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yeah...we are pretty irritated.  Bailey is still not feeling great and this is our last night, plus one of the only nights that we planned evening FPs and it starts to pour...?

I am NOT a roll-with-it kind of person..,especially when my child is under the weather and Disney will close the outside rides it bad weather (makes sense of course).  Praying it clears up and turns into a nice evening.

I hope so too, but it's not looking good.

8 hours ago, Beckers said:

Gwen I'd watermark this !! That's fantastic!!!!

Thank you!  I just changed the ones I posted here and on FB.  Do me a favor, please.  Take the photo out of your quote above.  I forgot about the photo theft we've had here.

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Thank you!  I just changed the ones I posted here and on FB.  Do me a favor, please.  Take the photo out of your quote above.  I forgot about the photo theft we've had here.

Gwen!  all your photos are wonderful but the rainbow and now the tiger WOW just WOW!

8 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Enjoy the rest of your stay!! So wonderful to have more time with you this trip ❤️

We're in going-home mode now.  Trying to squeeze in a few last-minute things and also do everything we have to do to get ready to leave.  I'm really sad right now.  Would love to have another month!  But at the same time feeling incredibly blessed.

Today was supposed to be our last DHS day.  Then suddenly David decided he'd rather have lunch on Tuesday at '50s Prime Time instead of Liberty Tree Tavern.  So we'll do two parks the last day.

This morning NaCole and her family left.  We were really sad to see them go.  Her family is so much fun!  And we share the same values, which makes our friendship so much sweeter.

And today Cheryl, Jeff, Lynn, and George arrived.  They are just across the main road from us.  We look forward to visiting with them a few days before the Fort kicks us out.

Last night's rain has turned the Fort into a swampland.  24 hours later some of the sidewalks are still under water.  

14495307_10211021075748721_1965016801357381457_n.jpg?oh=1b33d0bbf0b940bddcd2526840ab1d45&oe=586B1BB4

Did you get rain tonight?  We left EPCOT about 4:30, dark skies and thunder.

We hit a couple of quick showers on the way back to Tampa, then hit some rain a couple miles from home but it stopped.

As we came down our street, it started again, and has been raining non stop (it's now 9:10). All the weekend stuff is still in the backseat of the truck.

22 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Did you get rain tonight?  We left EPCOT about 4:30, dark skies and thunder.

We hit a couple of quick showers on the way back to Tampa, then hit some rain a couple miles from home but it stopped.

As we came down our street, it started again, and has been raining non stop (it's now 9:10). All the weekend stuff is still in the backseat of the truck.

We had rain here this afternoon before we got home.  Nothing tonight.

Monday, 10/3 -- the Best Day!

Woke up, looked out, and were disappointed that we didn't see those two little smiling faces across the street waving at us!

This morning we went to EPCOT early.  Had breakfast at Sunshine Seasons  One last fling on Test Track, then rode The Land.  Went out to the entrance of WS to look around one last time, shopped at MouseGears one last time.  Didn't buy anything  We went there to purchase Mickey watches for each of us, but they were out of the ladies' version, and the CM couldn't answer our questions about resizing the band for David.  

Came back to the Fort for a few hours.  David put the "hairnet" on DeeDee, removed our tire covers, dried out our rugs, rolled them up, and put them away.  I spent the time cleaning up inside.  So much to do before we leave Wednesday!  I can't believe we only have one more day here..  So much to do, so little time.

Meanwhile our noisy neighbors all left this morning.   Ya'ay!  Life is now so much better in the 700 loop.

We had an early dinner at Trail's End, then went to MK.  Got to see MSEP one last time.  We are both so sad to see this parade leave again.  

After the parade, David went back to the Fort.  I stayed in MK for a few more hours.  Watched the fireworks from behind the castle.  It was weird.  Fireworks were going off in front of me and also behind me.  Not a great spot.

I continued on and went all around MK.  Took over 300 pictures today.  It's after 1am, and I don't want to go to sleep.  Today was a wonderful day.  I don't want it to end.

7 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Monday, 10/3 -- the Best Day!

Woke up, looked out, and were disappointed that we didn't see those two little smiling faces across the street waving at us!

They both LOVED you.  I'm so thankful, that we got to be neighbors.  Such a wonderful trip....

53 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Great report.  Looks like you will be leaving just before the big storm really starts to affect that area.

Will you be home before it gets to your area?

Barring any complications, we should be home Thursday afternoon.  But we, like many others here, live in the potential path of the storm.  I pray we all stay safe.

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I am glad that you had a wonderful day!  I hope that you have another today.

It sounds like you're just hitting your groove now.  Maybe next year, you need to stay just a bit longer.

Enjoy the rest of your time at WDW, and try to remember the great time you had rather than think about the trip home.

TCD

Unfortunately today will be a work day with a little park time squeezed in.  We won't be making another trip in the moho this year and will need to get it winterized.  Need to have everything dry, flushed, and clean before we leave here.

24 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Unfortunately today will be a work day with a little park time squeezed in.  We won't be making another trip in the moho this year and will need to get it winterized.  Need to have everything dry, flushed, and clean before we leave here.

Well you know what we say around here:

A day at the Fort (even a work day) is better than a day at __________________ (insert anything you can think of here).

Have a nice work day at the Fort!  I hope that it stays dry for you today.  Goodness, we've had a lot of rain lately.

TCD

9 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Enjoy your last night my friend.... crazy, that just a few days ago....

2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Enjoy your last night my friend.... crazy, that just a few days ago....

Our last night ... cleaning the kitchen, washing/drying towels, cleaning the shower, etc.  In the morning I only have to clean the bathroom and pack the computer.  David thinks we may have time to eat at TE before we go!