Swiss Family Tree House Opening Not Happening On Schedule

According to Chip and Co's news release, the Swiss Family Tree House will not be opening back up on time from refurbishment.  I like going through it once in a while, but wanted to see it when I went back for the Halloween GG.  (guess not, it says 10/24 but not holding my breath)

http://www.chipandco.com/re-opening-swiss-family-robinson-treehouse-delayed-250588/

swiss-family-treehouse-00-600x338.jpg

photo credit chipandco.com

My sources tell me the delay is because plans are being tweaked to add a Starbucks at the top of the tree. They are also clearing all the Swiss Family crap out and creating a fireworks viewing platform for the upcoming Treehouse Wishes Dessert Parties. Tickets go on sale beginning in March, starting at $99.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

My sources tell me the delay is because plans are being tweaked to add a Starbucks at the top of the tree. They are also clearing all the Swiss Family crap out and creating a fireworks viewing platform for the upcoming Treehouse Wishes Dessert Parties. Tickets go on sale beginning in March, starting at $99.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Don't forget the new stairway to meet Anna and Elsa!

On 10/17/2016 at 9:08 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

When is the last time that a refurbishment got done on schedule at WDW?

Over at AK, they are now on the second extension of the refurbishment for Dinosaur.

And what do you want to bet that when it finally does reopen, there will be no noticeable improvements?

TCD

It breaks down A LOT, so hopefully that will be fixed. 

11 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

We have been pretty regular Dinosaur riders, and I never noticed that it broke down any more than other WDW attractions.

I can't think of one time that it ever broke down when we were riding, which I can't say about most other WDW attractions that move.

TCD

12 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Guess I was tired when I first read this.

Just thought Kelly was being Snarky and meant that the Tree House breaks down a lot!  :lol:

You know, them little water buckets stop picking up water and the entire experience is ruined!

We have been pretty regular Dinosaur riders, and I never noticed that it broke down any more than other WDW attractions.

I can't think of one time that it ever broke down when we were riding, which I can't say about most other WDW attractions that move.

TCD

Really? We must have bad luck. We've had it break down twice when we were in the FP line. I've only ridden it a couple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

I am with you on this one. One of the few rides we haven't been stuck on.