Is it really necessary???

In case you have been in a coma for the last 6 months or so, there is a "NEW" attraction at WDW called Disney Springs so start spreading the word!

As if enough people aren't already going there to make the crowd level unbearable, they are advertising it like crazy on our Tampa TV stations.  At least once or twice an hour it seems.

Has anyone outside of FL seen the ads for it yet?

Super Geek made mention of this:  Out of state, Disney is trying to get people TO Disney, so everyone gets the normal commercial segment.  In state, most people (in their market research) have already gone (maybe recently) and need to see "what is brand new".  This could be the difference in the commercial structure.

I am probably watching the same Tampa TV affiliates as Travisma, and I've noticed the Disney Springs commercials.  They do a good job making it look like a fun place to visit.

I don't recall there ever being specific commercials for Downtown Disney.  Attendance for Disney Springs must not be what they were hoping for.

TCD

Very few Disney Springs commercials in the Orlando area.  Disney Springs has been packed, so I don't think they need more attendance other than morning.  By mid afternoon, at least the Lime garage has been filled, with the orange garage following shortly after.  Friday, my daughter and son in law had to park at Team Disney because all other lots were full.

33 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Very few Disney Springs commercials in the Orlando area.  Disney Springs has been packed, so I don't think they need more attendance other than morning.  By mid afternoon, at least the Lime garage has been filled, with the orange garage following shortly after.  Friday, my daughter and son in law had to park at Team Disney because all other lots were full.

That's what I mean, do they really need to advertise the place, seems like it fills up just like the parks.

48 minutes ago, Travisma said:

That's what I mean, do they really need to advertise the place, seems like it fills up just like the parks.

48 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I'm wondering if they are trying to level out the "after Christmas" slow down.

Also, I have no idea why this double quoted. :lol:

Disney knows what it is doing.

I've spoken to several people lately in my neck of the woods who have asked me what Disney Springs is.

They heard about it from the TV commercials.

There are a surprising number of folks who live around me- less than a two hour drive from WDW, who never ever go.

Disney Springs might be something that gets them to drive over.

TCD

7 minutes ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

It seems to me that the average WDW guest is not going to shop much at Lilly Pulitzer or the other upscale shops now open at Disney Springs.  Perhaps they are hoping locals will shop there instead?

But the $700 cabana and $50 ice cream social guests will need to stop by there and get their new outfits before being seen in their exclusive cabana or eating ice cream on the riverboat deck!

1 hour ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

It seems to me that the average WDW guest is not going to shop much at Lilly Pulitzer or the other upscale shops now open at Disney Springs.  Perhaps they are hoping locals will shop there instead?

Oh I think we would shop. Purchase something? That's a different matter. :lol: