I would say 30 - 50 minutes by boat....

Walk to the boat dock... wait up to 20 minutes for the next boat... the boat ride is 15 - 20 minutes, then docking, then if you have a cart or bicycles, it's a quick ride to your camper or cabin, if you have to get a bus, then a 5 minute walk to the bus stop, then up to a 10 minute wait for a bus to your loop, a 5 minute bus ride, then a 2-5 minute walk to your spot.

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I would say 30 - 50 minutes by boat....

Walk to the boat dock... wait up to 20 minutes for the next boat... the boat ride is 15 - 20 minutes, then docking, then if you have a cart or bicycles, it's a quick ride to your camper or cabin, if you have to get a bus, then a 5 minute walk to the bus stop, then up to a 10 minute wait for a bus to your loop, a 5 minute bus ride, then a 2-5 minute walk to your spot.

Carol did a great job answering this question, as usual.

The big variable in the time calculation is whether you arrive at the dock while a boat is on the way in, or already there.  The trip can take twice as long if you happen to arrive right after a boat has departed, and you have to wait for the next one.  Depending on the time of year and the time of day, there may be more than one boat running, or they could be using one boat to service both the Fort and Wilderness Lodge.  All of that said, 30-50 minutes is a solid estimate.

TCD

36 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Carol did a great job answering this question, as usual.

The big variable in the time calculation is whether you arrive at the dock while a boat is on the way in, or already there.  The trip can take twice as long if you happen to arrive right after a boat has departed, and you have to wait for the next one.  Depending on the time of year and the time of day, there may be more than one boat running, or they could be using one boat to service both the Fort and Wilderness Lodge.  All of that said, 30-50 minutes is a solid estimate.

TCD

But for $50 per person, you can grab the magical mystical Fort Wilderness Express Cigarette Racer Boat!

MK to FW in less than 3 minutes.  They thumb their nose at the no wake zones and have priority passageway over all other watercraft!

And for an extra $10 you can turn on the warning siren! :lol:  Send me your fees (cash only) and I'll arrange your passage.

Seriously, though, someone posted on a FB site that there was a long wait for the boat from the MK back to FW,  Some other boat pulled up and took their family on a private ride back to the Fort.

43 minutes ago, Travisma said:

But for $50 per person, you can grab the magical mystical Fort Wilderness Express Cigarette Racer Boat!

MK to FW in less than 3 minutes.  They thumb their nose at the no wake zones and have priority passageway over all other watercraft!

I would do that once if it were an option :)
We had a boat captain in October that did not pay any attention to the no wake zone and it was a much quicker ride! It was right after the fireworks one night with a full boat, the wife and I both couldn't believe he went through there like that.

11 hours ago, Specularius said:

I know that my boat pushes a huge wake at anything over an idle but once it is up on the pad running, at say 85 or so, there is almost no wake at all. 

DesktopBoat_zpsqnzmivhn.jpg

My dream would be to rip off a run across the water bridge, trimmed out and running close to a 100.

That would be awesome 

1 hour ago, LONE-STAR said:

That would be awesome 

12 hours ago, Specularius said:

I know that my boat pushes a huge wake at anything over an idle but once it is up on the pad running, at say 85 or so, there is almost no wake at all. 

DesktopBoat_zpsqnzmivhn.jpg

My dream would be to rip off a run across the water bridge, trimmed out and running close to a 100.

EPIC!!!!!!!!

On 12/13/2016 at 1:04 PM, Helmsey......Todd said:

I would do that once if it were an option :)
We had a boat captain in October that did not pay any attention to the no wake zone and it was a much quicker ride! It was right after the fireworks one night with a full boat, the wife and I both couldn't believe he went through there like that.

On Tuesday we took the motor launch from the WL to MK. We had a boat driver with a learner's permit. He needed 3 tries to dock at WL. People applauded when he tied up. Our trip through the no wake zone was so slow, ducks were passing us. :-)

On 12/13/2016 at 0:54 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Uh, you can't walk to the MK from the GF.

The canal they park the EWP boats in is in the way.

TCD

There is a side walk that goes from gf to mk.  It crosses the canal at Florida Ave then heads back to bay lake.  I've made the walk several times.  It has pathway lights for evening walks

On 12/13/2016 at 0:54 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Uh, you can't walk to the MK from the GF.

The canal they park the EWP boats in is in the way.

TCD

The wife just corrected me we walked to the Polly from Gf, and walked to MK from contemp.  

A mind is a terrible thing to waste

19 minutes ago, bdm said:

There is a side walk that goes from gf to mk.  It crosses the canal at Florida Ave then heads back to bay lake.  I've made the walk several times.  It has pathway lights for evening walks

12 minutes ago, bdm said:

The wife just corrected me we walked to the Polly from Gf, and walked to MK from contemp.  

A mind is a terrible thing to waste

Thank goodness the Wife is there to help you.  You would be Gator Bait if you tried to walk to the MK from the GF.

5 minutes ago, Travisma said:

That would be a great walk.  What's odd is there is a walkway from the MK to the canal.

True.  But, it's not that odd.  There were once plans to build a walkway all the way around the Seven Seas Lagoon.  They were going to pave it with those engraved bricks they sold back in the 90's. 

Seems like a plan they may want to revive.  They could make some $$$ selling those bricks.

TCD

12 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thank goodness the Wife is there to help you.  You would be Gator Bait if you tried to walk to the MK from the GF.

True.  But, it's not that odd.  There were once plans to build a walkway all the way around the Seven Seas Lagoon.  They were going to pave it with those engraved bricks they sold back in the 90's. 

Seems like a plan they may want to revive.  They could make some $$$ selling those bricks.

TCD

I actually enjoy wandering the path to nowhere... It's a nice place to watch the EWP and the fireworks outside the park. Not too many people push their way past the folks getting on the resort boats to go back there.