Jump to content
rtguy007

Cruise questions

Recommended Posts

My wife and I are taking a cruise next April. We are looking to drive down and stay a day or two before and after our cruise in a cabin. Does anyone know if we can get disney transportation to and from the fort? Also can we keep our car parked at the fort if we use their transportation? We feel safer leaving our car at the fort instead of the parking garage over at port canaveral.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

My wife and I are taking a cruise next April. We are looking to drive down and stay a day or two before and after our cruise in a cabin. Does anyone know if we can get disney transportation to and from the fort? Also can we keep our car parked at the fort if we use their transportation? We feel safer leaving our car at the fort instead of the parking garage over at port canaveral.

my understanding is yes you can leave it at the Fort but we have driven over for a better arrival time than busing it. It was more affordable than taking the DCL bus. The bus is $70 per person for a round trip. 

Last time I checked to get the DCL bus you will get picked up at Wilderness Lodge not at the Fort. 

 

Edited: Corrected my tired math. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

my understanding is yes you can leave it at the Fort but we have driven over for a better arrival time than busing it. It was more affordable than taking the DCL bus. The bus is $70 per person each way. 

Last time I checked to get the DCL bus you will get picked up at Wilderness Lodge not at the Fort. 

I second the driving idea.  That way you get to choose when you arrive and $140 for transportation vs the parking at $17 per day (not night).

Unless of course you are taking a cruise longer than 7 nights ($136) then you would come out ahead with the Disney Transportation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

I second the driving idea.  That way you get to choose when you arrive and $140 for transportation vs the parking at $17 per day (not night).

Unless of course you are taking a cruise longer than 7 nights ($136) then you would come out ahead with the Disney Transportation. 

That is $140 round trip per person according to Jason...  so for 2 people you're looking at $280.

I guses it would be less expensive if they hitchhiked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another option is the spend the night before at one of the hotels in Port Canaveral that offers the cruise package where you can park your car at the hotel while you are on the cruise. The hotel shuttle drops you off and picks you up. It comes out cheaper than the parking at the port. It is not as secure as the parking at the port, but so far we have not had any issues going that route. We did leave our fifth wheel camper at The Fort for a 4 day cruise last summer. We spent a couple of days in The Fort, then went on the cruise and spent a few more days in The Fort before heading home. 

 

Oh yeah, don't forget the toll road fees traveling between Disney World and Port Canaveral. But it is much cheaper to drive even with the tolls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info guys. We are doing a 7 night cruise and was going to stay a few nights before and after the cruise in the cabins. If you feel the parking is secure then we may consider just driving over instead of their transportation. Just trying to get the remaining pieces of our trip booked. Just crossing my fingers that there is an AP discount on the cabins when we are there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×