Puretcrazy & Runner EE trip

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Snarky & Family rearranged a little Gently caressing bugs Our 'stream':rofl2: and more Some kids across the creek in the 1400 loop informed us, "If you feed him crackers, he will love you!

Friday morning started out gloomy and drizzling rain. This turned into a HOT and Humid day. The goals for the day were: 1. Packet Pickup for the Expedition Everest Challenge run - aka The Disney Tr

So, where were we? That's right - The Contemporary. PureTCrazy has a Crazy thought (imagine that :rofl2: ) Why don't we take the monorail, it's faster. You have to understand that she HATES the mo

Yes, Lou. When I went to Packet Pickup in January, the WWOS parking lot was FULL. There wasn't even a Handicap Parking space open. People were doing what we did - drop off someone and circle the lots hoping - or just drive elsewhere until they got a call. Packet Pickup in January took 2 hours - it took 10 minutes yesterday.

The January marathon is HUGE (we're talking Atlanta marathon huge) - which is why packet pickup takes so long. There are several other marathon events throughout the year at Disney - running, walking, and a couple of triathlons that aren't anywhere near as big. I have a couple of friends that do the full, half, and Goofy marathons in January and have been a witness to the multitude of people running this event. Personally, I think Disney does a remarkable job organizing this.

What you might wish to suggest Ed is that perhaps Disney splits up the registration places alphabetically. Example: A-K at WWOS, M-R at Swan, S-Z at Dolphin. That way, not everyone is crammed into one area. Or the other thing they could do is reserve WWOS for those event participants staying off-property and make preparations for event participants staying on Disney property to have the Packet ready at the resort they are booked at. It would probably be easier for everyone if they did it that way.

BTW - congrats for finishing!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!

I am proud of my brother! It was a 5k followed by the scavenger hunt from the front gate to camp minnie mickey to africa to asia to everest to dinolamd.he did great!

Great job Runner! Congratulations! :jumpforjoy

Expedition Everest 5K in 53:04; Total time with Scavenger Hunt (which was close to another 5K - 1:42:33 ... and I was FAR from last!

Parking was a LONG way from the Start, etc. There were NO bleachers or anything for 'watchers' to sit on - which sort of sucked for OldeKoot!

The start was set up with 8 'waves' starting 5 minutes apart - I was in Wave 2. Waves were not based upon your run time, like you normally find - there were based on your registration date :blink: .

8:35pm - I'm on my way. We loop the entire Animal Kingdom parking lot. Just before the main entrance, we go off of the pavement for our first 'obstacle' - 5 rows of hay bales to hurdle; run across; walk over ... whatever. Into the front of the park and to the left at The Oasis and Tree of Life Gardens - starting a long uphill slog. Have I told you I hate hills! AK looks MUCH different at night, so there are signs all over directing you for the 5K. There are also CMs lining the route all over, cheering, high fiving; etc. :banana:

Right turn at Tusker House and then a quick left into Backstage AK :banana: . We run almost to Conservation Station and then out another gate into AK. Along that loop you hit the 1 & 2 miles Markers as well as two shots at a Water Station. You also hit Obstacle 2 - 3 rows of tires to run through aka football practice. You run back toward Tusker House, and then head back on the right side of The Oasis. Can it REALLY be up hill both ways? It sure seemed that way! Before the Main Entrance, you head through a gate on the left into Backstage AK again. A close look at Everest from a side you don't normally see; a "lake"; Mile Marker 3; out into the parking lot area and Obstacle 3 - your choice - up & down a Cargo Net; under a net (sort of like crawling under barbed wire; or run around it all. Then a short sprint to the finish line!

Whew! I'm finished - not! Now you receive a small led flashlight and marker pen along with your first clue. Back into AK - from the far side of the Parking Lot :argh: Just past the Bag Check Stations I find my first location. Solve Clue #1 and now I'm off to Camp Minnie-Mickey and Daisy Duck. Clue #2 is the worst of the lot - but I get it, and now I'm headed to Africa ... almost back to the Safari entrance. This one is easy, and it's time to head to Asia - and my station is almost to Kali River Rapids. Do you see a theme here? Every one of my clues led me to the furthest station of them all. Another easy Clue, and it's off to the Finish Line - almost. You have to take the results from the first 4 Clues to solve Clue #5 - which is your ticket to the finish line. Finish at a cluster of cheering CM's and get my Bling on!

I had planned on riding Expedition Everest in the dark. No way in HELL! It was worse than any day at AK. Off to Dino-Land to meet up with PureTCrazy and OldeKoot. Do I want to "party" - no! Too loud; not my style of party at all. Back out to the Front Gate, and OMG - they have a Tram running. Hop on and head to the Unicorn parking lot. Into The Beast and head back to the Fort! I made a quick post of the Bling, and it was time to snooze!

Whoo Hooo! We had the pleasure of our first fiend meet this trip. BibbityBobbityBoo and her hubby and precious grandson came by our site. They are just awesome people! I really enjoyed Aiden, he's a bright, cheerful and fun child.

I told Karla that I was going to go rent a cart to take mama around and she graciously offered the use of hers. She said they were driving to epcot and would not need it! I cannot begin to express my appreciation for her generosity.

I think fiends are pay it forward people! I did my part at the ee challenge last nite. I waited by the party ticket line and was able to give my son's ticket to a very nice elderly man who came at the last minute to see his daughter. What an awesome feeling to help someone out.

Thanks again Karla,