Workers were installing rumble strips at the entrance/exit to each loop this week. They go all the way across and even though they're small they rattle the hell out of a golf cart. Will post pics soon.

Workers were installing rumble strips at the entrance/exit to each loop this week. They go all the way across and even though they're small they rattle the hell out of a golf cart. Will post pics soon.

Your frequency at the Fort irritates me sometimes.:rofl2: I do mean that in the nicest of ways, of course. :lol:

Are they the small concrete ones like on dividers that make the zzzzzzz sound? If so I'm sure that will be nice to listen to all day & night. :blink:

I'm guessing they are similar to the ones they put at interesections in the middle of nowhere, you know blump....... blump...... blump blump blump.....

There are 5 stripes painted white. They are some kind of flexible, pre-made strip about 1" high and 6" apart. They appeared at the end of the 700 loop about 3 days ago...very aggravating. It might have been more helpful if Disney could put bigger "Exit Only" signs at the ends of the loop. Geeeeze...there are more people going the wrong way in carts and cars than ever before! :argh:

There are 5 stripes painted white. They are some kind of flexible, pre-made strip about 1" high and 6" apart. They appeared at the end of the 700 loop about 3 days ago...very aggravating. It might have been more helpful if Disney could put bigger "Exit Only" signs at the ends of the loop. Geeeeze...there are more people going the wrong way in carts and cars than ever before! :argh:

2011-05-12_13-19-08_9991.jpg

People always go the wrong way on 700. This was taken at the 2000 loop entrance. It doesn't show how far apart they are from each other. Didn't notice that when I took the pic.

Hit those fast enough & you can forget keeping drinks in the gc cup holders.

Hit those fast enough & you can forget keeping drinks in the gc cup holders.

I'm sure that's the idea. Slow down the golf carts that are whipping out into the road without looking.

At least they don't actually go ALL the way across the road--those who ride bicycles will have some room to avoid them. Riding across strips like this on a bike is WAY worse than a golf cart, and little kids, especially may have some control problems. Unless they're like 12 yr old boys, who will try to do the bumps on purpose. :rolleyes:

Here's hoping they at least slow down the golf carts.

BTW It seems like a number of people saw these being installed days or weeks ago.....yet this is the first someone mentioned it??

What's up people? Not informing everyone of such important things IMMEDIATELY??? :)) You know, those of us who can't be there need all the details we can get......

Carry on... :popcorn:

Your frequency at the Fort irritates me sometimes.:rofl2: I do mean that in the nicest of ways, of course. :lol:

You only have to read about it. He calls me while he's there to really rub it in.( but it is nice to hear the sounds of Disney in the background. )

I'm sure that's the idea. Slow down the golf carts that are whipping out into the road without looking.

Hell with slowing down I'll just hold my cup. :rofl2:

I don't like them being there but hopefully it will slow many of the nuts down. I came very close a couple times last year to yelling at people slow down as they flew past me & the kids while walking. Some idiots have no sense.

Well it is not gonna slow many down at all, guaranteed. Not high enough to any real good. So if you want peace and quiet...ask for a site in the back cause the noise is gonna drive you crazy all DAY and all NIGHT long. Just think of the noise you hear when you come to a toll plaza. Yep, that noise. This is one of those risk management, STOOOOPID, I did not think before I suggested and I gotta earn my salary ideas and don't bother complainin' cause it's too late now and we can't take em up. One big speed bump would have done a far better job with no noise.