The Auburn Clan's 4th of July FW Trip Report, Finallly

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with you. Ranger Sean is a nice enough guy. I'm sure the other Rangers are nice guys too. But, from my observation, there is a lot of inconsistency in what is and is not enforced and who has

According to the rangers, clotheslines are going to be a thing of the past soon.

If Disney is doing away with clotheslines are they doing away withn Hammocks also?

Look out TCD

I have been on the fence about whether or not I like the rangers.

I'm not on the fence any more.

Boo!

The Fort Management needs to remove their heads from where they are currently stuck and address the real problems at their campground rather than harass the guests who pay their exorbitant fees for the privilege of camping in a place where the pools are overcrowded, and there are traffic and parking problems.

I guess this is all a prelude to weeding the riff-raff out of the campground so the new DVC guests will not be exposed to objectionable things like towels hanging on clotheslines and golf carts parked on the grass.

TCD

I loved doing it, and since it went so well, we can do it again for Halloween if everyone wants. :banana:

I was secretly hoping you'd say that.. whoohoo! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

do you realize how many kids are gonna be at the Halloween shin dig.. my clan, plus Loretta, plus Marty's alone will out number the combined number of children at all the previous GG?? :blink: Tell us what we need to bring and we shall be there! :dance:

OK, I don't get it :-( My work filter wouldn't let me view this thread. Something about illegal drugs not being allowed???!!!! What in here has to do with illegal drugs. Weird I tell ya!!:siren: :argh:

It's really quite simple, Carol.

Jen mentioned tie-dye. Tie-dying was originated by hippies. Hippies did drugs, unashamedly. The filter at your work was smart enough to string it all together and keep you off the thread.

You can thank me with a toasted almond the next time you see me.

I have been on the fence about whether or not I like the rangers.

I'm not on the fence any more.

Boo!

The Fort Management needs to remove their heads from where they are currently stuck and address the real problems at their campground rather than harass the guests who pay their exorbitant fees for the privilege of camping in a place where the pools are overcrowded, and there are traffic and parking problems.

I guess this is all a prelude to weeding the riff-raff out of the campground so the new DVC guests will not be exposed to objectionable things like towels hanging on clotheslines and golf carts parked on the grass.

TCD

I am certainly not disagreeing with you. I will disagree that the rangers are not the ones making this rule. They are only telling us (me) what is coming down from management. Apparently they are going to be giving out these...

IMG_0553.jpg

to people who have clotheslines. If they do not return them to the front desk, they will charge your account for them. This is what I am being told, so don't shoot the messenger here. The management wants all of us camper type folk to use these instead of being, as good old Larry puts it, "poor white trash", and hurt the bark of the trees. Personally, it doesn't hurt the damned trees, IMHO. I don't pull one bit of bark off the damn tree with my thongs and panties. The rangers are not the problem TCD, the rules they are having to enforce are. :argh:

I was secretly hoping you'd say that.. whoohoo! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

do you realize how many kids are gonna be at the Halloween shin dig.. my clan, plus Loretta, plus Marty's alone will out number the combined number of children at all the previous GG?? :blink: Tell us what we need to bring and we shall be there! :dance:

I will be making an all call for shirts again so I can get enough dye (I have left overs but certainly not enough black and orange) and shirts. I can go and pick up the shirts the afternoon before the event, as long as it is not a Sunday. The distributor is about 25 minutes away from property. It was such a blast!

I am certainly not disagreeing with you. I will disagree that the rangers are not the ones making this rule. They are only telling us (me) what is coming down from management. Apparently they are going to be giving out these...

IMG_0553.jpg

to people who have clotheslines. If they do not return them to the front desk, they will charge your account for them. This is what I am being told, so don't shoot the messenger here. The management wants all of us camper type folk to use these instead of being, as good old Larry puts it, "poor white trash", and hurt the bark of the trees. Personally, it doesn't hurt the damned trees, IMHO. I don't pull one bit of bark off the damn tree with my thongs and panties. The rangers are not the problem TCD, the rules they are having to enforce are. :argh:

I see one big huge problem with this "idea". If people are at the parks, these clothes line replacement thingies are delivered, what proof does the fort have they were delivered? and what happens when they walk off? If something is dropped off at my site, and I don't sign for it, and Disney thinks they are charging me......No way in, to keep this G, you know where. Let them flippin try! :nyd: :argh: :rant:

Those things are better used as gold cart speed bumps!

I see one big huge problem with this "idea". If people are at the parks, these clothes line replacement thingies are delivered, what proof does the fort have they were delivered? and what happens when they walk off? If something is dropped off at my site, and I don't sign for it, and Disney thinks they are charging me......No way in, to keep this G, you know where. Let them flippin try! :nyd: :argh: :rant:

Those things are better used as gold cart speed bumps!

Personally, I think it's gonna be a love note left on your camper that clotheslines are not allowed and please take it down, and if you need something to hang your stuff, please come to the front office and "check out" a clothesrack with a credit card deposit.

Personally, I think it's gonna be a love note left on your camper that clotheslines are not allowed and please take it down, and if you need something to hang your stuff, please come to the front office and "check out" a clothesrack with a credit card deposit.

If some idiots think a clothesline is tacky, then wait for my solution. My SC, NASCAR, camping from a wee litte thing, WILL come up with something "better".

I understand their trees therefore they make the rules, but give me a break. They have a sign for a lawnmower tree, why not signs for clothesline trees?

The rangers are not the problem TCD, the rules they are having to enforce are. :argh:

I agree with you.

Ranger Sean is a nice enough guy. I'm sure the other Rangers are nice guys too.

But, from my observation, there is a lot of inconsistency in what is and is not enforced and who has to follow the rules and who gets a pass.

The Fort doesn't need Rangers.

On a busy night, I can see that there is a benefit to having castmembers direct traffic at the three way stop. But, since these guys are on the payroll, they get sent down there when it's not busy too, and all they do is create a problem where one doesn't exist.

If they happen to show up at the pool and chase away a few freeloaders, that's good. But, an hour later, there's another crop back at the pool, and the Rangers are off doing something else, like telling folks on one loop that they have to move their cars and utility trailers, while ignoring other loops completely.

This isn't rocket science. And this isn't some mom and pop campground. The company that operates the Fort has the resources to solve the problem of traffic congestion at the three way stop. And, they have the ability to easily solve the pool freeloading problem. They choose not to because it will cost money to fix these problems. Instead, we get dimwits dressed in costumes and paid near minimum wage to run around the campground and make it look like something is being done.

Phooey on the Rangers!

TCD

:bellringer:

I agree with you.

Ranger Sean is a nice enough guy. I'm sure the other Rangers are nice guys too.

But, from my observation, there is a lot of inconsistency in what is and is not enforced and who has to follow the rules and who gets a pass.

The Fort doesn't need Rangers.

On a busy night, I can see that there is a benefit to having castmembers direct traffic at the three way stop. But, since these guys are on the payroll, they get sent down there when it's not busy too, and all they do is create a problem where one doesn't exist.

If they happen to show up at the pool and chase away a few freeloaders, that's good. But, an hour later, there's another crop back at the pool, and the Rangers are off doing something else, like telling folks on one loop that they have to move their cars and utility trailers, while ignoring other loops completely.

This isn't rocket science. And this isn't some mom and pop campground. The company that operates the Fort has the resources to solve the problem of traffic congestion at the three way stop. And, they have the ability to easily solve the pool freeloading problem. They choose not to because it will cost money to fix these problems. Instead, we get dimwits dressed in costumes and paid near minimum wage to run around the campground and make it look like something is being done.

Phooey on the Rangers!

TCD

Not disagreeing with your observation, as I have witnessed just the same things that you have, however, I must add to your post a bit.

I have had the pleasure of being with the Rangers on a "non-busy" night while visiting with Bob. During that time, the Rangers' radio constantly went off from the management asking them to go here and there. I am not defending them here TCD, I am merely stating that I think your animosity is aimed at the wrong section. These poor people are being sent to places and doing exactly what they are told and where. Especially on holiday weekends, I wish there were more of them, not less. The inconsistency comes from them being sent from one place to another instead of being on a steady patrol.

Unfortunately for us people who have "been there and done that" at the Fort, the newer people that are coming and the locals that are coming in are not of the "old ways of camping" as I put it. They don't respect the fellow camper and really don't give a rat's behind about any rule that is put in place by the management. It just seems to me that the Rangers are so busy "putting out fires" that they don't get to do what is really needed, which is get to know the campers that are there so they can watch for something out of the ordinary. I have always been taught from a very young age to respect things that don't belong to you. The Fort doesn't belong to me. I just have the privilege to stay there once in a while.

As far as the clothesline issue, I find it hard to believe that they are going to use those contraptions and I wouldn't use it after someone else anyway. If they are going to force a charge on my account because I used two trees for a clothesline, then my bras and thongs will stay in my storage bin, thanks. Some things I just don't have time, money or patience for.

I haven't had a chance to meet the Rangers yet, but I do think they are a good idea - there just aren't enough of them.

What if there was a Ranger assigned to each cluster of loops and additional Rangers for general patrolling, putting out "fires", wrist bands at the pool, etc.? The "Loop Rangers" would be sort of like Campground Hosts. They would have time to get to know the people in "his/her" loop, keep a better eye on things, etc. I would also suggest that there be a Ranger trained in reptile identification and handling. The safe snakes could be relocated (maybe after a little "show" about their benefits); the"other kind" could be removed .

Just a thought ...

I haven't had a chance to meet the Rangers yet, but I do think they are a good idea - there just aren't enough of them.

If you're willing to pay more in site fees to support the additional staff, fine, but I'm not.

Has the reason of why they don't want clothes lines, been posted yet? If it hasn't, it's a safety concern, not the trees, and IMO, it has some validity.

If you're willing to pay more in site fees to support the additional staff, fine, but I'm not.

Has the reason of why they don't want clothes lines, been posted yet? If it hasn't, it's a safety concern, not the trees, and IMO, it has some validity.

The management is saying that children are running throughout the sites and tripping over them and getting rung by them. Now, my solution to this is keep yo chirens in your site and stop cutting across. This would eliminate some kid trying to cut his or her head off running through someone else's campsite.

Again, I go back to my previous post. If people could stop thinking of just themselves and follow simple rules, all this extra crap would not be needed. However, we no longer live in times where people think of others first. I hope this forum is one of the few places where people do.

I have had the pleasure of being with the Rangers on a "non-busy" night while visiting with Bob. During that time, the Rangers' radio constantly went off from the management asking them to go here and there. I am not defending them here TCD, I am merely stating that I think your animosity is aimed at the wrong section. These poor people are being sent to places and doing exactly what they are told and where. Especially on holiday weekends, I wish there were more of them, not less. The inconsistency comes from them being sent from one place to another instead of being on a steady patrol.

Just to be clear, I don't have any animosity toward the Rangers, or even the Fort management for that matter. I like the Fort, and plan to visit as often as I can.

But, your point about the Rangers' radios constantly going off and them being sent all over the campground to "put out fires" illustrates why this is such a dumb idea. Why should the Fort be managed by crisis management? And, when the Fort isn't busy, what are these Rangers supposed to do? From what I have seen, they and/or their bosses make stuff up- like blocking off golf cart access, or deciding to go overboard in enforcing some unpublished rules. And, as I have already mentioned, real problems, like overcrowding in the pool are left unsolved.

I thought you were kidding about them planning to have clothes drying racks for guests to borrow. But, I guess you were really told this. That is ridiculous. If they want to ban clotheslines, fine. A lot of campgrounds do. I'll survive. But, are they really going to buy these crappy racks, and go through the trouble and expense of trying to keep up with them? That is stupid. And the whole Ranger idea, as it is currently being implemented is equally stupid.

TCD