H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

H or KFK, saves us from ourselves.

I'm going to do my best Lou. :(

? Huh? Is Bear in the Big Blue House even on still? My guys used to watch that, and they're tween- and teen-aged now!

Those boys and their rocks! They'll find them anywhere, won't they? :banana:

Glad you had a great mini-trip, too!

Sadly no. Bear in the Big Blue House is no longer on the air AND they removed him from Playhouse Disney Live at Hollywood Studios.

You've seen the boys in action when there's a big pile of rocks haven't you? :rofl2:

Thank you. It was rustic but loads of fun. Tent camping in the SC heat at the beach with swarms of mosquitoes is fun but when it's over it doesn't hurt your feelings to go home. Hahaha!

Kim,

Glad your back on this report. I was saying,"Holy Hijack Batman" for a few pages...lol Looks like a great trip so far

I was saying Holy something but it wasn't Hijack. Thanks for joining in the TR.

I'm gonna take a moment to say something. I don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings. I can appreciate a good hijack as well as anyone (it is the highest form of flattery right?) but please remember that I have small children at home and now I can't let them look at their own vacation report. Let's just say we had a good laugh and keep it PG from now on OK? It would be great if the photos would go poof. Love ya'll... ♥ I really do... ♥ Thank you. On with the report in just a bit.

I'm gonna take a moment to say something. I don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings. I can appreciate a good hijack as well as anyone (it is the highest form of flattery right?) but please remember that I have small children at home and now I can't let them look at their own vacation report. Let's just say we had a good laugh and keep it PG from now on OK? It would be great if the photos would go poof. Love ya'll... ♥ I really do... ♥ Thank you. On with the report in just a bit.

Thanks, Kim! I was having to do some pretty fast scrolling, as our pc is in the living room where my 6 kids hang out.

Can't wait to read more about your vacay! :popcorn:

ok! they went poof on my end. :heart:

Sorry. Photobucket was having issues with me today so I couldn’t post any photos until now.

Day 1 continues…

After Lil’ H was done posing on every Fort Wilderness Rock we passed by we decided it was time to head over to our assigned site. 912. We were very pleased. This was our home last year and it worked wonderfully for us. :yay: If you’re reading along Princess Nana… sorry. I know now that you really wanted that one. Good luck to you on your next trip.

Here I am videoing and snapping photos of our trek to Quail Trail.

7-22-2011_006.jpg

7-22-2011_011-1.jpg

Here we are at 912.

7-22-2011_009.jpg

This isn’t our cart beside the 912 marker. We would NEVER let our tires come off the pad that way.

7-22-2011_008-2.jpg

After arriving in our site we still hadn’t heard from Kenny so we decided to call. He finally got back to us and had been trying to reach us as well. I knew there had to be a reason. Kenny is always dependable. Just so happened he was already in our loop picking up another cart. How convenient! H talked him into just bringing that one over and not to bother washing it. We’d dirty it up in no time anyway. He said we could keep that one for a few days and that he would be bringing a better one to exchange for us. COOL! He came through and brought one with a full roof. SCORE! That is a big deal to those of us who ride on the back. ;)

Here is Kenny cart #1 and our set up.

100_8201-1.jpg

Before we head out on our super fast Kenny cart I had to make sure that our identifying signs were out. Wouldn’t want to be overlooked by any fiends.

100_8202-1.jpg

Now, with everything set up and a cart in the driveway it was time to get out there and start having fun! As promised we decided to take the boys to Downtown Disney so they could explore the Lego Store. (lil H REALLY likes Legos and Lego Wii games.)

The fellas entering DTD.

100_1648.jpg

H brought me here and said I could pick out a new ride. Isn‘t he sweet? :rofl2:

100_1651.jpg

Random photos

100_1654.jpg

100_1659.jpg

I thought this was pretty impressive!

100_1673.jpg

We're not flying... we're falling with style.

100_1674.jpg

The fellas seemed to really like the next sculpture.

100_1675.jpg

I can't say that I blame them either. A sea serpent made of legos is very remarkable!

100_1678.jpg

Gabe checking out his hero.

100_1691.jpg

Lil H enjoyed making his own car and racing it down the ramp. :)

100_1702.jpg

100_1707.jpg

Since we’re at WDW in July… why not pose for a Christmas photo? Sounds reasonable to me!

100_1709.jpg

100_1711.jpg

100_1712.jpg

It really doesn’t take much to make me smile. I got a kick out of the Mickey brake lights. Why haven’t I noticed these before?

100_1713.jpg

Our bus stop.

100_1715.jpg

Well our day at Downtown Disney is complete. I’m not sure if there are more photos from Day 1 on another memory card or not. If not then we probably went back to FW, ate, looped, and went to bed because our first full day is Magic Kingdom and we needed our rest.

And I thought my mom was the Queen of guilt trips....Your boys don't stand a chance!!! :nyd: :rant: :worship:

If I missed necessary revisions/changes let me know! :kickinass:

I surely don't want to upset a fellow Carolina Girl..... :heart: I know better! :kickinass:

Bless my pea pickin heart.

And I thought my mom was the Queen of guilt trips....Your boys don't stand a chance!!! :nyd: :rant: :worship:

If I missed necessary revisions/changes let me know! :kickinass:

I surely don't want to upset a fellow Carolina Girl..... :heart: I know better! :kickinass:

Bless my pea pickin heart.

:rofl2: Sadly my talents are wasted. My kids cannot be shamed. There's no point in trying.

I promise I'm not upset. Just don't wanna have to explain anything to my boys before I have to. Hahaha! That's a conversation I am not looking forward to as it is. :rofl:

Aight ya'll! No more apologies! There's another installment back there just waiting to be read and more is on the way. :heart:

It really doesn’t take much to make me smile. I got a kick out of the Mickey brake lights. Why haven’t I noticed these before?

Good eye Kim.

There is a very good reason why you haven't seen those brake lights before. Out of the nearly 300 buses, that is the only one that has them.

It's the first of that model. I don't know if that's why they added the ears though.

I had it one day and all of a sudden it died on me and it would not restart. Luckily there were no guests on board. I was pushed, with no power steering, to a service area.

So be on the lookout for it because it's kinda of a sign of good luck if you do. Most people will never see it.

Wow! 6 pages of Reader's Digest "Word Power"! aMazing!!

Here's my contribution and I'm using it in a sentence, to boot: Macrotous. Mickey Mouse is macrotous. (A sentence with alliteration!)

Lake Magic looks to have really gone downhill. That's unusual - especially being so close to Disney. I haven't been in there since 2003. A lot of the Fort's Winter Settlers are going there for the winter now that the "Winter Settler Rates" have vanished from the Fort. It's not pretty - but it is a place to escape the frosty northern winters.

Love the Lego pictures! Boys of all ages love Legos. My DH cannot just walk past that store. He must stop and play a bit! I think the new Lego-Land will be a place we will have annual passes to.

Okay - ON WITH THE SHOW, Kim!!

:popcorn:

Good eye Kim.

There is a very good reason why you haven't seen those brake lights before. Out of the nearly 300 buses, that is the only one that has them.

It's the first of that model. I don't know if that's why they added the ears though.

I had it one day and all of a sudden it died on me and it would not restart. Luckily there were no guests on board. I was pushed, with no power steering, to a service area.

So be on the lookout for it because it's kinda of a sign of good luck if you do. Most people will never see it.

Wow! You mean I actually saw one of a kind Disney Transport Bus?! :waycool: Now I feel extra special! :fairydust:

I'll bet steering that giant bus with no power steering was as much fun as a barrel of monkeys! I've never been on a Disney Bus that broke down. Whew! That wouldn't be very magical.

Wow! 6 pages of Reader's Digest "Word Power"! aMazing!!

Here's my contribution and I'm using it in a sentence, to boot: Macrotous. Mickey Mouse is macrotous. (A sentence with alliteration!)

Lake Magic looks to have really gone downhill. That's unusual - especially being so close to Disney. I haven't been in there since 2003. A lot of the Fort's Winter Settlers are going there for the winter now that the "Winter Settler Rates" have vanished from the Fort. It's not pretty - but it is a place to escape the frosty northern winters.

Love the Lego pictures! Boys of all ages love Legos. My DH cannot just walk past that store. He must stop and play a bit! I think the new Lego-Land will be a place we will have annual passes to.

Okay - ON WITH THE SHOW, Kim!!

:popcorn:

All those M words in one sentence.... impressive! Too bad Melissa hasn't gotten on board with this yet. The M's would never end. :rofl2:

Lake Magic wasn't terrible but it lacked any sort of atmosphere in any form. I'm a little spoiled that way. I like my CG's to have character. It did look like some of the RV's had been there for quite a while. I saw one GC wrapped up like a Christmas present (only it was a tarp and string not actual pretty paper). :D I can see why people would like to stay there during the winter. There are no trees to block the warm sun. :rofl2:

Looks like the Lego store will now be a tradition. It was the first time we've taken them and it was great! I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Downtown Disney! Going over there with no kids in tow would be a treat for me. I didn't really get to do anything I wanted. Waaahhhhh!

I've been organizing photos from my phone and 3 other cameras with Gabe climbing all over me this morning so it'll probably be later this evening before the next installment but it's on the way...

Your boys are so cute! If we ever make it there at the same time, H and Bruce will have to take care of the boys and you and I can do some serious Downtown Disney girl shopping!

Thank you Lisa! I like that idea. Stick it to the men. I would love to be a fly on the wall to see that. It might be as much fun as shopping.... Nahhh! We'll head Downtown and stay until they turn out all the lights! I could probably wander around in the World of Disney store until I blacked out. :rofl2:

I have seen many of those "Christmas" pictures taken at DTD, in fact we have some of our own. They almost always seem funny to me because most of the time the people in them are dressed in shorts and t's and are obviously HOT, but they are in that cool looking Christmas setting. I love them!

Legos, I have a love/hate relationship with them. Four boys all Lego collectore, 1 mom stepping on them :blink: Looks like y'all were having a great time. :heart:

I have the same relationship with legos as you do. :rofl:

I have seen many of those "Christmas" pictures taken at DTD, in fact we have some of our own. They almost always seem funny to me because most of the time the people in them are dressed in shorts and t's and are obviously HOT, but they are in that cool looking Christmas setting. I love them!

I love them too. I didn't even know the scene was over there until DaveinTN said something. Glad I found it!

We did the same Christmas pictures and in fact I've already made our Christmas card for this year with them. :) I had bought a groupon to an online photo place so I just uploaded them and made some cards. :)

Fiendish minds think alike. I definitely plan to use that photo for our Christmas cards this year. :)

Day 2 6/28/11

After having a good night’s rest it is necessary for us to head to Magic Kingdom for our first full day of theme park fun.

Notice the dark clouds at the marina. This will be a recurring theme throughout this report. Unfortunately we didn’t have many of those beautiful blue sky days for picture taking. The trade off for having temps that weren’t as bad as they could have been made it worth having dark vacay pics. ;)

IMG_20110628_113340.jpg

IMG_20110628_111051.jpg

Since this is our first boat ride to MK… here is our obligatory pic of the Discovery Island Shipwreck. You knew it had to be done. H and I visited DI on our honeymoon. ♥ 100_8216.jpg

Still makes me sad that it’s in ruins but I won’t dwell on it… moving on..

On our ride across Bay Lake we see this adventurous person. I wanted to parasail this trip but it never happened. Hopefully one day.

100_8218.jpg

One day I hope to not need a bag in the parks. These security lines cramp my style. Not to mention the screaming, whining and complaining that happens because we have to be here instead of the entrance line.

The kids aren’t crazy about it either. :rofl2:

ETA: Hey! I just noticed I'm in this photo. I'm right behind the lady in the sunglasses and black sandals. Two people to the left of the lamp post. Looks like I'm trying to get my stuff ready for inspection.

100_8222.jpg

We took a few pics of the Train station and Main Street coming in but they aren’t that great and we took hundreds more on other days so I’ll hold out and post those instead. The first thing on the agenda…every time.. Our shortcut through Tomorrowland Terrace to Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. It’s like the elephant walk. There can be no deviation to this route without a massive meltdown. So on we go..

100_8225.jpg

(Remember I told you to get used to the backside of KFK pics. Sorry, blame H.)

100_8227.jpg

100_8229.jpg

Next on our Elephant Walk Tour of Tomorrow land (EWTOT): The Peoplemover and then Carousel of Progress. We like the C.O.P. but believe it or not the kids love it. They actually pull us in by our arms. Comfy seats and A/C… it’s good with me. ;) (The pics I took here aren’t great but there are tons from other days.)

While we were on the Peoplemover it started to rain. Hard. So we lucked out to be out of the rain for a while. But not long enough..

P6282714.jpg

With our EWTOT complete we starting making our way toward Fantasyland. Between the rain and kids we weren’t sure what we were going to do next.

I think Lou was right. Seeing the one of a kind Disney Transport bus with the Mickey ear brake lights must have been good luck because over the course of a 15 night stay at WDW we avoided this:

P6282718.jpg

Last year the Winnie the Pooh ride was being redone. The results, I think, are awesome!

P6282720.jpg

Little H and Gabe really wanted to ride so we decided to let this be our last attraction of the morning. A little Fort time under the awning was sounding pretty inviting by now so I snapped a few photos of the new expansion…at least what I could see on our way out. I was wishing I were taller right about then. J

P6282722.jpg

P6282723.jpg

P6282724.jpg

Lil’ H really wanted to ride on the front of the boat back to the Fort. I’m game. Not a fan of the dark clouds but I’ll take one for the kid.

P6282726.jpg

P6282727.jpg

Now Gabe will NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES allow you to put a poncho on him.

I know some of you may be thinking “If he were MY kid he’d be in that poncho!”

My response: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

In the attempt not to look like Gabe was the poor neglected one I didn’t wear a poncho either. ;)

P6282729.jpg

I’m not sure if these were taken going, coming or going back but I always have a flood of memories passing by here. I won’t dwell or get sappy… yet.

100_8246.jpg

100_8247.jpg

It was really too rainy to take the kids out looping so we hung around the campsite hoping the rain would slow down a little so we could go back to MK that evening. It did. I’ll post pics in the next installment.

Since this is our first boat ride to MK… here is our obligatory pic of the Discovery Island Shipwreck. You knew it had to be done. H and I visited DI on our honeymoon. ♥

Aaaaaaawwww!!! I bet that was romantic! :heart:

Now Gabe will NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES allow you to put a poncho on him. I know some of you may be thinking “If he were MY kid he’d be in that poncho!” My response: :rofl2::rofl2: In the attempt not to look like Gabe was the poor neglected one I didn’t wear a poncho either. ;)

I have a hard time getting Bruce to wear his poncho too. He would much rather be crabby and complain about getting wet. ;)

KFK-

You are doing great!

I am enjoying your report!

I love the DI shipwreck and RC photos!

But, I do have a small bone to pick:

After Lil’ H was done posing on every Fort Wilderness Rock we passed by we dI loecided it was time to head over to our assigned site.

I hate to bring this up, but you have your rock numbering wrong. That rock you called FW Rock #1 isn't Rock #1. And, I am pretty sure that you missed a few, too.

One day I hope to not need a bag in the parks. These security lines cramp my style. Not to mention the screaming, whining and complaining that happens because we have to be here instead of the entrance line.

The kids aren’t crazy about it either. :rofl2:

Good one!

That's funny. I don't care who you are.

BTW- Your report has already passed 3,000 views. Which puts it in rare company. Only seven TR's have passed the 3,000 mark here on FF.net. And only two of those are from Fiends who aren't named TCD. At the pace you are going, it looks like you will easily crack the TCD stranglehold on the top five viewed reports. And, I would not at all be surprised if your report makes it all the way to the top.

So, keep up the good work!

TCD