"I like sleeping in the kitchen!"

Tell Ed to enjoy it and do it often because she will grow so fast.

Donnie is so right... We have been going to the Fort since our daughter was 4. She has now just turned 15, and those "female tendancies" are really beginning to peak. She is still very much into camping and going to the Fort, in fact, she ususally comments on how she can't wait until the next time we are back. She claims she will always go with us when we go, even when she is older.... time will tell. A price can't be put on all of those memories that are made....

Well enough of that... Hey did you guys get to go see the Nemo show at AK? If not, next time, make a point to go see it. It's a pretty cool show....

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, the chipmunks make their rounds! Quick – which one is this???

SL373607.jpg

PS – I know who it is – just testing your skills…

I'm glad you were just kidding about that! A true fiend knows which 'munk is which!

She proceeds to tell us all about everything. Her friends at "school" - who she wants to invite over to play - who is nice and who is not - who takes toys from others - and who cries a lot. It was absolutely precious. We were alternately laughing and crying. It was the best moment of the whole trip.

Reminded me of camping with my Daddy - we used to spill our guts then, too.

Thanks for sharing that sweet story!

Are you familiar with the current country music song "Just Fishing" by Trace Adkins?

Your story made me think of it.

If you don't listen to country music, you need to find that song and listen to it.

I am happy to say that I have enjoyed many moments such as this with my daughters over the years.

That is just another special thing about camping.

Your stories about being Daddy's girl made a lot of memories flash back. I hope Annie remembers our times when she's older. Even when her mom and I were married she spent most of her time with me. When we divorced I got into 4 wheeling and for about 2 years she was small enough to ride in front of me. 4 wheeling got us into camping because I bought my first toy hauler and then came the fort. It's fun to share what I got to do as a kid with her and I hope one day she does the same. Tell Ed to enjoy it and do it often because she will grow so fast.

Donnie- I wouldn't worry about Annie and you. Y'all have had a lot of quality time, and I'm sure she will treasure the memories as much as you do.

And, you ain't kidding on the growing fast part.

TCD

awwwww :heart:

I know - it was a great night!

I am so enjoying reading about your trip. You daughter is just precious!

Thanks, Rita!

Your stories about being Daddy's girl made a lot of memories flash back. I hope Annie remembers our times when she's older. Even when her mom and I were married she spent most of her time with me. When we divorced I got into 4 wheeling and for about 2 years she was small enough to ride in front of me. 4 wheeling got us into camping because I bought my first toy hauler and then came the fort. It's fun to share what I got to do as a kid with her and I hope one day she does the same. Tell Ed to enjoy it and do it often because she will grow so fast.

Annie will ALWAYS remember those times. Trust me, I am a Daddy's girl and I know these things. ;D He has already said he wants to do it again. We talked a lot on our trip about what kind of RV we would like, what kind of features we would prefer, that kind of thing.

What a lovely TR!!!

I always credit all the camping we did when I was growing up for making my family as close as we were/are. Those who don't camp are missing out BIG TIME!!!

I agree! We had a wonderful time! DH really enjoyed the trip and I think he sees what I'm getting at when I pester him all the time about camping!

Did you make her shirt or can you buy that? I love it! My daughter needs something like that for when we go camping with the cub scouts.

I got it at the Gap - in the boys section! Sounds like you found some cute ones online, too. Good luck!

Love this pic! You guys look more excited than your daughter. :lol:

Enjoy the quiet family time. We've been taking my son to the Fort for his birthday since he was 2, and he just turned 21! Some of our favorite memories are of times when we were just hanging around chatting and doing silly things. He still goes with us every year, only know he brings his girlfriend too. I hope we can carry on the tradition with his children someday. :heart:

Oh, I know. We had such a hard time getting her to "show teeth and smile" on this trip. She kept giving us that pout - maybe she's trying out for America's Next Top Model. :rofl2: We really did enjoy the family time on the trip. As always, we wish there was MORE!

Make sure you take lots of picture for your memories

I will! When I remember to get out the camera, I usually take a million pictures! It's free, right? DH and I were talking - can you imagine how much money we would have spent on film and developing? I probably took 700 pictures this trip. :o

Donnie is so right... We have been going to the Fort since our daughter was 4. She has now just turned 15, and those "female tendancies" are really beginning to peak. She is still very much into camping and going to the Fort, in fact, she ususally comments on how she can't wait until the next time we are back. She claims she will always go with us when we go, even when she is older.... time will tell. A price can't be put on all of those memories that are made....

Well enough of that... Hey did you guys get to go see the Nemo show at AK? If not, next time, make a point to go see it. It's a pretty cool show....

That is so awesome to hear that your daughter is still into it! I hope DD continues to show interest! We actually started having discussions about if we might do something after DD gets out of daycare... So, in one trip renting a fifth wheel, we went from "retirement only" to "maybe in a couple of years". Now that's progress!!! :banana:

We didn't see Nemo - we want to do that one next time. I knew we really would only have time for one show before DD started getting too tired to have fun. We did Lion King basically because we also wanted to check out the character trails.

I'm glad you were just kidding about that! A true fiend knows which 'munk is which!

Thanks for sharing that sweet story!

Are you familiar with the current country music song "Just Fishing" by Trace Adkins?

I am happy to say that I have enjoyed many moments such as this with my daughters over the years.

That is just another special thing about camping.

TCD

Thanks, TCD. Every time I see one of your TRs with your girls, I think about my own Daddy and how we used to have such fun together. DH even says "If DD loves me HALF as much as you love your Daddy, then I'll be thrilled!" But, I think he does much better than he gives himself credit for - he's so involved with her. :heart:

I have not heard that song - but will look it up on YouTube. It's going to make me cry, isn't it?

Okay, here we are at Day 4! Can you believe how much we've done already?

Luckily, during our rest on Day 3 (I think), I did a quick load of laundry at the comfort station. When it's 90 degrees outside, we tend to wear one set of clothes in the morning and then change for the afternoon/evening. I just don't have THAT many sets of clothes to wear like that.

Anyhoo, we are going to spend the WHOLE DAY today at MK! We are in a very MK place right now. The boat ride is short and convenient, there is SO much for ALL of us to do - it's just our favorite! :heart:

SL373621.jpg

I thought it was funny how that guy bungeed some rakes to the tractor. I guess I would have expected something more "fancy" at Disney.

SL373622.jpg

SL373624.jpg

SL373625.jpg

SL373629.jpg

The guy on this boat had just given these CMs a lesson on knot-tying. Looks like they're getting trained on the rentals.

SL373630.jpg

SL373632.jpg

Alright... off we go!

The Plan this morning:

Ride the train!

Ride Buzz Lightyear

Ride Aladdin's Magic Carpet

See Mickey and Minnie

Lunch at the Poly

Can we do it? Will we be thwarted yet again? Let's see...

We get through the front gate and decide to ride the train FIRST. I run over and grab Fastpasses for Minnie and Mickey then we get on the train.

Sorry, no pics on the train. DD was so enthralled and excited! I just got caught up in the moment. We get off the train and DD wants to watch Splash Mountain for a few minutes. Sorry, no pics. Don't worry - I have a lot of pics it was just slow starting.

You know that show on the resort cable "Disney Must Do" hosted by Stacy? Well, I think DD watched it 4000 times! She loved it! And she kept talking about how Stacy rode Splash Mountain. So now she wanted to ride Splash Mountain. I told her when she was bigger she could, maybe next year!

We walk to Adventureland to Aladdin's Magic Carpet:

SL373639.jpg

SL373641.jpg

SL373645.jpg

Yes it's just another version of Dumbo. But, DD was thrilled! :heart: And the line moved super-fast, so that was great!

While we waited for DH to get a Coke, DD wanted me to take her picture here:

SL373648.jpg

See! There's that ANTM pout!

Anyway, we walk through to Frontierland I think.

SL373637.jpg

All the "lands" over on that side confuse me sometimes. I'm just not real big on paying attention when I'm on vacation. :rofl2:

We stop to see the Country Bears:

SL373655.jpg

SL373656.jpg

SL373657.jpg

SL373658.jpg

SL373661.jpg

Got DD some more pressed pennies - what a fun thing for her to collect!

SL373653.jpg

Here's ol' Pistol Mickey

SL373654.jpg

Alright let me break this up...

Okay, I'm trying to remember what we did next and now I remember:

DD is hangry. We missed the early signs and are in a hurry! We go to Pecos Bill's to eat - worked out great!

DD had chicken nuggets I think, and then DH and I split a cheeseburger meal. We got fruit with DD's meal and fries with ours - so we all 3 got fries and fruit. We liked doing it that way - that is going to be our new lunch plan. We both HATE eating too much at lunch and then trying to slug our way through the parks with full bellies and sweating from head-to-toe. Remember the CP lunch - we almost fell asleep after that! On a ride!

We are all refreshed from a break and some food. Headed over toward the castle to catch the parade. We had time to stroll over there and just kinda take it all in. :heart:

Waiting on the parade to start:

SL373663.jpg

More silly pictures:

SL373666.jpg

SL373667.jpg

"Push" was out entertaining the crowd! He started signing autograph books for kids by rolling over them with his wheels - it was really cute. DD was captivated - she couldn't find enough trash to put in there.

SL373672.jpg

Here they come!

SL373669.jpg

SL373679.jpg

SL373681.jpg

SL373682.jpg

SL373684.jpg

This chick was yelling "Tell Dave I'm looking for him!"

SL373685.jpg

DD covered her eyes when she saw Jafar - ha ha ha!

SL373686.jpg

SL373689.jpg

SL373692.jpg

SL373694.jpg

The stepsisters were REALLY funny!

SL373697.jpg

SL373698.jpg

SL373702.jpg

SL373704.jpg

SL373705.jpg

That CM photobombed my Tiana picture...

SL373706.jpg

More coming up in a sec - hang on!

So, how's The Plan going?

Ride the train! - check!

Ride Buzz Lightyear - not yet

Ride Aladdin's Magic Carpet - check!

See Mickey and Minnie - got a FP

Lunch at the Poly - not yet

After the parade, we turned around and walked over the bridge we were in front of. I tell you, I don't remember walking over this bridge much before. I enjoyed the different view!

I thought this tree was interesting. My Daddy would have walked over an examined it more closely...

SL373708.jpg

SL373709.jpg

SL373710.jpg

SL373712.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what happened on this walk-through. I remember we walked over past the Rapunzel meet, the Speedway, and then turned into Tomorrowland. I think it was one of those "mass of humanity" moments when it seemed like everyone went there after the parade. So, we promptly "ejected"!

SL373714.jpg

At this point, we head over to meet Mickey and call it a morning. DD is tired - she gets tired much more quickly as the trip goes on we're finding. But, then again, we are too. :rolleyes:

I know a lot of people wonder "Who would use a Fastpass just to see Mickey?" Well, here's who:

SL373719.jpg

SL373721.jpg

This next picture is terrible - the PhotoPass one is MUCH better - we are all smiling in that one. But, here ya go:

SL373728.jpg

I must say, I'm very happy with Mickey's new digs. The set-up is MUCH more elaborate than what they had in Toontown. I also like the FP option. It is super-great for those of us whose kids could walk around the park all day just meeting characters. She loves it!

Well, DD is tired and so are we. That early lunch at Pecos Bill's messed up our Poly plans - but when it's hungry you should feed it! :rofl2: We'll try again another time to go to the Poly. And Buzz Lightyear just got bumped to tonight's list.

SL373731.jpg

I think we made the right choice. ;)

That's all for now - next update tomorrow - we go back to MK that evening in the rain!

Thanks, TCD. Every time I see one of your TRs with your girls, I think about my own Daddy and how we used to have such fun together. DH even says "If DD loves me HALF as much as you love your Daddy, then I'll be thrilled!" But, I think he does much better than he gives himself credit for - he's so involved with her. :heart:

I have not heard that song - but will look it up on YouTube. It's going to make me cry, isn't it?

I went ahead and looked for the video of the song. It's not sad. It just makes me smile. Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IheODRwalEw

My DD's all had Tweety Bird fishing poles that are a lot like the girl has in the video.

They still use them from time to time.

Good memories!

TCD

I went ahead and looked for the video of the song. It's not sad. It just makes me smile. Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IheODRwalEw

My DD's all had Tweety Bird fishing poles that are a lot like the girl has in the video.

They still use them from time to time.

Good memories!

TCD

That is a great song! So perfect - thanks!

I had a Snoopy fishing pole. It was great! The first time I caught a fish, I was so excited that I jerked the line out of the water and the fish swung up and smacked me in the face! :rofl2: :rofl2:

This chick was yelling "Tell Dave I'm looking for him!"

SL373685.jpg

Just goes to show, there two sides to every story :rofl2:

I am just loving this TR :heart:

So true! She did tell me that this whole feud between them is Dave's fault. :rolleyes:

I love that you love my TR! :heart: Thanks!

:heart: Your family is completely beautiful! The story of your dad nearly made me cry! Anyway... I'm loving your TR!

Thanks Kim! With school starting, I'm a bit behind. What are they thinking? Making me work... :rofl2:

I have 2 young daughters too....all of the talk about daddy's girl and the music video are getting me all choked up.

I'm tellin' ya - there's something about Daddies and their girls... But, no more choking up! Back to the fun here in a just a few minutes! And thanks for joining in! :dance:

Okay, sorry for the delay. I was in meetings ALL DAY Friday :-[ and busy with family stuff yesterday.

We are on day 4, spent the morning at MK and went back to the Fort all pooped out. After a nice long nap, we dilly-dallied around the camper. We saw this turtle outside the camper:

SL373829.jpg

And we watched it...

SL373834.jpg

Until he was gone...

SL373836.jpg

Turtle watchin' is a lost art. If it weren't still raining a bit outside, we would have actually gone outside to check it out. Who am I kidding? DH went outside twice to move it further away from the camper so we could watch is some more. :rofl2:

As you've heard - it's raining. But not too bad. We're hoping just enough to scare everyone ELSE away!

So, you ask, what is on the almighty plan for tonight?

The Plan

1. Buzz Lightyear

2. Tomorrowland Speedway

3. Teacups

4. Castle Show

5. Turkey Leg!

Not exactly in that order - since we'll get a Buzz FP and do that later. But, you get the idea. The turkey leg made the list tonight because we have wanted to get one this whole trip and it just never seems to work out. The day we ate at Pecos Bill's, we went to get a turkey leg to eat and they weren't open for another 30 min.

We get there about 20 min before a castle show (I know it has a name but I don't remember it - something about Dreams Come True), so I scoot over and grab Buzz Lightyear FP and we go over to the castle.

Didn't get many good pics of the show - but here is what I have:

SL373738.jpg

SL373736.jpg

SL373737.jpg

It was a cute little show and DD enjoyed it. The few small fireworks made her cover her ears and get all worried - so we know we are NOT staying for fireworks tonight!

Next, we cross the bridge and hit the cars!

SL373743.jpg

SL373750.jpg

She drove and it was hilarious! I was in the car behind them and sometimes she would run into the metal guide so hard she almost fell out. I have to say, those cars are much harder to handle than I thought they would be. Or maybe it was because I was trying to take pictures the whole time. :huh:

After that, we decide to go ahead and get DD some dinner. We go into the Starlight Cafe right there by the cars. It is HUGE! This place came highly recommended by a lot of fiends and I can see why! There was a tremendous variety of types of food at this CS. I was impressed! Plus, there was lots of seating and big windows so you could watch outside too. Two thumbs up!

I know you've been waiting for food pics - hold on to your britches:

SL373752.jpg

SL373753.jpg

Ta daaaaaaa! That is a PB&J kids meal. DH and I didn't eat - sorry. We were saving ourselves for the turkey legs later! The kids meal is $5 and plenty for DD. However - you see that big cookie? Came with every kids meal in the park. While it is cute and all - DD didn't like it. Go figure. If we were smart, we would have asked to trade it out for more fruit or extra applesauce or something. But sometimes, we're not that smart. :blink:

That is the very first time in the trip that I even thought to take a picture of the food - and DH thought I was silly. And I was. I do a little more interesting food pics later on - but that's all ya get right now. Sorry.

So, next up - tea cups!

SL373754.jpg

SL373757.jpg

SL373760.jpg

I know what you're thinking "You just fed DD! She'll throw up!" Nope. She was fine. I think she's going to be a ride junkie like me. We love the tea cups!

While we were on the tea cups it was raining again. We don't mind it. The temperature dropped and it was like 83 degrees I think. Very nice!

Stopped at the carousel:

SL373762.jpg

SL373763.jpg

Better carousel pics later.

I'm desperately trying to remember when we rode Buzz Lightyear. I know we did - but it just doesn't fit anywhere. I know we used FPs. Love doing that! We all rode in one seat and DH and I each took a gun. DD wanted to do the spin action - I have never laughed so hard! It was so fun! I tried to get my camera out to take pics as we were "coasting" in at the end but ran out of time.

Somewhere that happened... oh, it's all running together. I know that at some point, we look at the time at it's 8:20. DH says "What do you want to do" I say "Well, the Electric parade is at 9 - you want to stay for that?" And DH says the most brilliant thing I've ever heard :lol: "I'll go get turkey legs - you go stake out a spot for the parade down near the entrance. That way we can jet out as soon as it's over and go eat our turkey legs on the beach watching fireworks" :heart: :heart: I love that man.

The crowd is SUDDENLY thickening up. And I have DD in the stroller trying to get through before it turns into total glue. I was thinking about TCD telling me about the "scary crowded" and I could see that was going to develop pretty quick.

Evening pics with one hand on a moving stroller:

SL373764.jpg

SL373765.jpg

cont...

I settle myself at the very end of main street, facing the entrance. We are right where the floats are coming out. I wanted to be more "on" main street, but it was already pretty full.

I get an ominous text from DH with a picture of the turkey leg line attached. Wonder what that could mean?

I bust out some more of my dollar store glow stuff:

e00e1814.jpg

We always have plenty to spread around to nearby kids. It's fun!

DH shows up and - no turkey legs - ruh roh. He said the line was at least 40 people deep! There was no way he could get them and get down to us in time. Well, we have 2 more days so we'll try again. Hrmph. Does anyone see an additional problem here that we haven't thought of?

So, here is the electrical parade!

SL373767.jpg

SL373770.jpg

I have some video on photobucket that I wanted to post - how do I do that? Anybody know?

So, the parade ends and we scoot right out and onto a boat to head back to FW. We are only thinking about the beach and fireworks. I know some of you have figured out our problem by now...

We have to wait a few minutes to leave because of this:

SL373772.jpg

Finally, we're off! We have just taken off and are heading toward FW, when I look at my watch. It's 9:25. Trail's End closes at 9:30 during the week. We don't have turkey legs. Geez. Can we mess up dinner AGAIN!?!?

We should have taken a resort boat over to WL or taken the monorail to CR. We weren't thinking. Errrrrrr

What to do? Well, what we always do "Text Donnie!" I haven't elaborated on this but I am pretty sure we bugged the crap out of Donnie the whole time we were there. Questions about the camper, the Fort, a Park, you name it. He was a great concierge!

Before our boat even docked, he had texted me the number of Papa John's that delivers to the Fort and the number of the front desk (cause he knew they'd be asking for it). Delivery time was about 50 min - holy cow!

There was only one thing left to do - DH went and got a cooler from the camper while I watched DD do this:

SL373773.jpg

DH got back just in time for the fireworks. DD was more interested in the sand - but DH and I enjoyed them!

After that, DH went and picked up our pizza and we had dinner! ha! It was like 10:45 by the time we ate! DD even stayed up for a piece. :heart:

What a day! We had a blast!

Next time: A visit to a nearby lake, then DHS

Yup, you're right, my first thought was uh oh , uncrustables all over the teacups. :rofl2: I love the turkey legs too, it is the one food at Disney that I still enjoy.

Still loving this TR and waiting for more :popcorn:

Turkey legs - and funnel cake! Love them both! I, too, had visions of disaster - but it was all good! Whew!

I would just copy the photobucket link directly to those videos. Then those that wish can click on the link and see the videos directly in photobucket.

LOVING the report!!! Watching turtles is FUN!!!!

Thanks - I'll try that. Thanks for following along! DD is a big animal watcher of ANY kind - particularly turtles and birds.

Additional problem - like it's after 9pm and "someones" haven't eaten yet. Didn't see that one coming - did you?

I knew you would pick that up right away! Of course, it does seem to be a theme in our trip... :rolleyes:

Here is the teeny tiny video I wanted to post from the parade -

th_0aba93b6.jpg

Tell me if it works!

This didn't work. What did I do wrong?

This 20 second video is not that big of a deal, but now I'm on a mission...

Actually it did work, if you click on the picture, your Photobucket video comes up in a new window.

This is a GREAT trip report!!! I think you should re-title it the "All American TR." You mention all the great themes.

1) Our awesome military - The reason we are safe in this great country

2) The Bald Eagle - A symbol of this great country (always brings goosebumps to see this majestic bird)

3) Memories of the older generation

4) Making memories with the younger generation

5) a plate with hot dog (where's the apple pie?)

6) Parade's

and many, many more.

Side note: While the bungie cords holding the grate on the beach cleaners vehicle is impressive, I have doubts that it would warrant selection as a TCD Real man of genius award. :)