Went to meadows pool on Tuesday and was told that they would no longer fill up the mug for life. I got the cast member to call the manager who informed the cast member not to fill it up as there was no such thing. I asked the cast member to ask the manager to come by which she did. She told me that Disney would never sell anything for life and asked me for proof that I had brought them with a forever use. I told her that I had been using them for the last 20 years and no cast member had ever said anything.. She said that was because the cast members were never trained right. She would not back down and left after about 10 minutes. I then went to the front desk to complain and talked to a cast member who was in charge that day. I started to tell hime about the mugs for life when he stopped me and said that he knew about the mugs and yes Disney did sell these mugs for life. He told me that he had heard that they were putting a stop to them. He said that he would get someone to call me. I talked to another cast member later who said that they had just seen a email sent out by the higher up telling all cast members that there was never a for ever mug and not to mention this to the guest. I got a call from Doug Lord 2 hours later who told me that there was never a forever mug anf that I was very lucky to use it for so long. He asked me what I did for a living which I didn"t think had anything to do with the matter. He even asked me who sold me the mug back in 1991! He would not back down and gave me the impression that he couldn't care less if I never came back or not. I ran into someone eles at the pool with one of the mug for life and started to tell him about my story. He told me that he remembers that when he bought his that there was a sign by the mugs saying that they were good for life but dissappeared after a couple of years. this event happend over two days and the only good thing to come out of it was finding fort friends after talking to a friend in the 700 loop. I was wondering what had happened to all the oldies on the other site and now I know.;D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I also find it unusual that somebody would spend all this time during their vacation for a free drink. Troll?

I'm with you on this one.

If someone with a "Forever Mug" tried to use it and was denied, I'd get it in writing that Disney no longer whould honor them. Then I'd file a Civil suit against Disney for Breech of Contract. It wo

I've never heard of those mugs. I wouldn't be surprised if someone here has more info on them that could maybe help you.

Welcome to our home. You'll find this site although new far surpasses any other Disney forum for the latest & greatest info. Everyone here is always willing to help. If you have anything on your mind feel free to post it. You will not get the rude "try the search" comments found elsewhere. There are many fiends that will be at the fort this weekend. Keep an eye out for the Snarky signs & stop by to say hello.

That program, if it ever did officially exist, has been over for years. It is Disney's right to change a business plan any time they want, and they do it frequently. I seriously doubt that a significant number of people will stop coming to the fort or any other resort just because they aren't going to get free drinks any more. Personally, I always found it a bit ridiculous seeing some of the worn out mugs from years ago people would bring up for free refills, and in some cases they were from different resorts.

and in some cases they were from different resorts.

I always bring my big gulp cip and fill it! Debbie has an old one andd I think it even has the rules written on it that it's good for life. She may have put that on herseelf though.

The otters give free beer refils, but the mugs are expensive - damn otters!

:doublebeer: :beer:

When I got my mugs in 1986 it was sold as a Forever drink mug there was a sign that said so. On my mug were it now says good for length of stay Mine says enjoy a life time of refreshments Forever

Maybe you should take a picture and "e" mail or snail mail it to Doug Lord!

If someone with a "Forever Mug" tried to use it and was denied, I'd get it in writing that Disney no longer whould honor them. Then I'd file a Civil suit against Disney for Breech of Contract. It would cost Disney far more in Lawyer fees just to respond than they would ever save on the rfid mugs.

I also find it unusual that somebody would spend all this time during their vacation for a free drink. Troll?

It is, after all, just a soda. In the grand scheme of things in life, it seems inconsequential.

I think Disney should honor the "real" forever mugs. NOT last years generic mug.

And I think they should stop the Big gulp mugs, ketchup grazers and other I'm special I shouldn't have to pay people. I shouldn't have to supplement these greed/cheap/thief "guests".

IMHO

In life, you have to choose your battles. I guess if a free soda in a 20 year old mug is that important to you that you will spend a large amount of time fighting for it, then so be it. To each their own.

Thats BullCrap!! If you offer a service you need to be darned well ready to honor it!!! Doesn't matter if its drink refills or car warranty! :argh:

I think Disney should honor the "real" forever mugs. NOT last years generic mug.

And I think they should stop the Big gulp mugs, ketchup grazers and other I'm special I shouldn't have to pay people. I shouldn't have to supplement these greed/cheap/thief "guests".

IMHO

What they said - it's the principle of the thing ... Disney promised and they should grow a set and honor their promise.

Thats BullCrap!! If you offer a service you need to be darned well ready to honor it!!! Doesn't matter if its drink refills or car warranty!

Uh, excuse me, but it's Disney, the 500 lb Gorilla.

If they say it's over, it's over and it appears from the original post, that it's over.

What are you gonna do, pout and call them names?

Small claims court; breech of (Contract; promise;whatever the correct term is). It will cost them far more to even have a lawyer respond than the coke would ever cost them. You may not "win" but you do get the satisfaction of kicking the 500 lb gorilla in the ...