Stef Lazes for Labor Day

S70-

Another great update!

So what's the story on the Hat Lady?

I have never heard of her either.

What is so great about the Hat Lady (according to Donnie)?

TCD

You just made my day! I can't wait for Donnie to find out that even TCD doesn't know the Hat Lady. I wasn't even sure how to answer you (But Ed came through, thanks Ed!) Here is what I got from Donnie:

She plays piano

She sings

She wears different hats

She's funny

She makes fun of people (Bingo! I figured that's why he likes her :) )

A while back there was a thread about who were huggers and non huggers, probably need to dig that out and take notes, don't wanna scare anyone.. :rofl2: I'm a total hugger and I'm super excited to be meeting you guys so I'll probably do my little happy dance to.. the DH says it's creepy but I just can't help myself! :parrot:

Judy - do your creepy dance, hug me, squeeze me, pinch me... it's all good! :hug:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No!!! It can't be over...I just got here! I know, late to the party. Story of my life. I am SO behind on trip reports, and I have thoroughly enjoyed this one. Can't believe it's over though. Bu

That's so awesome, fiends meeting up for the first time. That's one thing different about this place, the intent is to ACTUALLY meet new people, which is why I love it here. I have no life out side

Ok, now that I have lazed around and drank with fiends for 2 whole days, let's get to some pictures!

I normally have very few pictures of me because I'm the picture taker. I post silly pics of everyone else, so I let Amanda take some of me to share.....you've been warned!

Saturday 9/3 -

After I got up on Saturday I went out and took the same two shots that I took a few days before.

Looking to the left of our site:

Laborday2011156.jpg

And looking to the right:

Laborday2011157.jpg

Every site was full by then. Even looping throughout the whole resort, there were very few empty sites. We knew checkout on Monday was going to be crazy!

I sat around in my PJ's, enjoying coffee when Donnie came over with breakfast in hand. So it was a couple of hours before I got motivated. ^-^

Nate wasn't feeling good, he brought a cold with him to WDW.

Laborday2011057.jpg

Amanda was fine, and always up for donuts:

Laborday2011055.jpg

Laborday2011058.jpg

Eventually I got ready for the day. Remember this was opening day for college football. Like a lot of families, we are a house divided.

Laborday2011066.jpg

Laborday2011065.jpg

Mason was tired from all the late night partying, but always ready for a ride. I caught him mid-yawn:

Laborday2011059.jpg

We stopped by the fiend sites for our Good Mornings. First I caught Lisa with no make-up (She's still cute as a button)

Laborday2011063.jpg

Then I went to Doodle's. This is the picture she was so worried about :rolleyes:

Laborday2011064.jpg

We took off and went to the 2000 loop. Even it was full. Here's a shot coming in:

Laborday2011060.jpg

And on the way out:

Laborday2011061.jpg

We went back and dropped off Trevor & Mason at the site. I had a "job" to do and I needed Amanda's help. I was bummed out that TCD wouldn't be here for this weekend, so I promised to have a drink in his honor. We all know that TCD is all about the proof, so there was only way place to show TCD some lovin:

Laborday2011067.jpg

I even toasted him with a Gator cup! Next trip I hope to toast him in person. :cheers:

We strolled around the horse barn:

Laborday2011069.jpg

Laborday2011068.jpg

Nathen was dancing to the calliope, but between his dance, and my giggling, the pic came out blurry:

Laborday2011070.jpg

John was the only one that greeted us. Most of the other ones had their ass up to the gate, so no pics.

Laborday2011071.jpg

Laborday2011075.jpg

This nice young man was Brandon, and he talked to us for an hour about the horses and let us pet this one:

Laborday2011074.jpg

The pony also wanted to toast to TCD because he kept trying to stick his nose in my cup. When that didn't work he started nibbling at my "chest" I got a little nervous!

Laborday2011233.jpg

Because our hands were black from scratching the pony we had to wash them. Amanda thought I needed to use the step stool. :rolleyes:

Laborday2011237.jpg

Laborday2011073.jpg

Laborday2011072.jpg

Laborday2011076.jpg

If I remember correctly, TCD likes this vane:

Laborday2011078.jpg

We spent the rest of the afternoon around the fort. We were to gather at Lisa's site at 6:00 with the other fiends. I have some fort pictures that I will put in one post as I'm not positive which ones were taken which day.

I didn't take too many pictures at the GG because I don't think I ever stopped moving my mouth long enough to pick up the camera. But this is my favorite of the whole trip!

Donnie spilled the whole cup full of forks on the ground, so I went to get a picture. Just as I was about to snap it, Lisa walked in front of me. When I yelled "Lisa" (Meaning, watch out, I'm taking a picture) this is what I got:

Laborday2011079.jpg

Here is Lorna, Doodle and a friend of Doodles:

Laborday2011081.jpg

That's Lou talking to the ladies (He's so fickle ;D ) And Angie sitting on the left:

Laborday2011080.jpg

Total Joker with Grumpy (of grumpyandgrandma) behind him:

Laborday2011082.jpg

We left the group and went home to catch the last 30 laps of the Nationwide race. We had a great time with everyone. You really can't find a nicer group of people. :heart:

Next up, Sunday. And I'm getting the "park itch"

Now I have to decide if I'm itching enough to brave the Labor Day weekend crowds!?

We stopped by the fiend sites for our Good Mornings. First I caught Lisa with no make-up (She's still cute as a button)

Laborday2011063.jpg

Then I went to Doodle's. This is the picture she was so worried about :rolleyes:

Laborday2011064.jpg

Steph, if Lisa is "vertically challenged" does that make you pocket size?? :rofl2: Your both cute as buttons! :heart:

I have no idea why Doodle is nervous about this pic, it's great! :parrot:

We went back and dropped off Trevor & Mason at the site. I had a "job" to do and I needed Amanda's help. I was bummed out that TCD wouldn't be here for this weekend, so I promised to have a drink in his honor. We all know that TCD is all about the proof, so there was only way place to show TCD some lovin:

Laborday2011067.jpg

I even toasted him with a Gator cup! Next trip I hope to toast him in person. :cheers:

Wow!

I'm touched!

That was really sweet of you.

Some comments on your other photos:

1. I didn't know Nathen and Amanda were 'Bama fans. Boo!

2. You make Lil' Lisa look like Giant Lisa!

3. I do love that vane!

4. And the windmill tower too!

Great photos!!!

Oh, and about the Hat Lady . . .

She makes fun or people?

I'm there!!!

TCD

I finally get to see what several more of the fiends look like! The horse is funny. Was there a pajama party one of those days?

Have I ever mentioned I hate having my picture taken? :rofl2: Lorna and I actually did have a pajama party that night. She stayed with me before the cruise on Sunday :banana: we had so much.

Ok, Stef it's not an awful picture but swear to god I clean up good. The humidity was not my hairs friend. Lol

Love the trip report!!!!

I am so jealous! Can't wait for Halloween!

Aiden is anxiously waiting to to play ball with Mason.....purpledogball.jpg

Wait until you see Aiden's Halloween costume.... :rofl2:.....Shhhh! it's a secret!

What is that?

A purple dog?

On top of one of those bouncy things?

That looks awesome.

My kids would have loved something like that back in the day!

TCD

I finally get to see what several more of the fiends look like! The horse is funny. Was there a pajama party one of those days?

There seemed to be a pj party every morning at my site (Well only I was in PJ's) Normally I would have hid if Donnie or anybody came over before I was cleaned up and dressed, but there is something about the Fort that makes me not give a damn how bad I look.

Steph, if Lisa is "vertically challenged" does that make you pocket size?? :rofl2: Your both cute as buttons! :heart:

I have no idea why Doodle is nervous about this pic, it's great! :parrot:

Pocket size?! :rofl2: It's funny, even though I tell people that I am 4'10", I guess it's hard to imagine. The first time I met TCD he said "Gee, I thought you'd be taller" When I met Doodle she said "OMG, you're so tiny" When Donnie showed up he said "Have you shrunk since the last time I saw you?" It never ends!! I don't mind, I'm used to it after all these years.

I told you that wasn't a bad pic of Doodle! I think we're always more critical of our own pics.

Wow!

I'm touched!

That was really sweet of you.

Some comments on your other photos:

1. I didn't know Nathen and Amanda were 'Bama fans. Boo!

2. You make Lil' Lisa look like Giant Lisa!

3. I do love that vane!

4. And the windmill tower too!

Great photos!!!

Oh, and about the Hat Lady . . .

She makes fun or people?

I'm there!!!

TCD

1. Yes, Bama fans. I don't know where I went wrong with that boy. :rolleyes:

2. See above post. Maybe I should change my name to Pocket-Size S70

3.& 4. I knew that! You don't think that was accidental do you? I told you I thought about

you a lot.

Ok, Stef it's not an awful picture but swear to god I clean up good. The humidity was not my hairs friend. Lol

I think you look MARVELOUS! :))

I wanna meet some more fiends in person too!! Guess I will have to settle for pic for now :( Thanks for sharing your fun!

You're very welcome. You camp so darn much, head on down here! I'll come and take pics of you with no makeup in your PJ's! :laugh:

Love the trip report!!!!

I am so jealous! Can't wait for Halloween!

Aiden is anxiously waiting to to play ball with Mason.....purpledogball.jpg

Wait until you see Aiden's Halloween costume.... :rofl2:.....Shhhh! it's a secret!

Costume or no costume, I can't wait to see Aiden! I hope he hasn't forgotten me :(

What is that?

A purple dog?

On top of one of those bouncy things?

That looks awesome.

My kids would have loved something like that back in the day!

TCD

You're exactly right! Here's a link....click here

But I thought it looked like a neat toy to play ball with Mason.

Unfortunately it would be a little big for Aiden to throw and Mason to catch.... :rofl:

Costume or no costume, I can't wait to see Aiden! I hope he hasn't forgotten me :(

AAhhhhh....wweeellllll.....he didn't forget Mason!! ;D Nah....just kidding!!!!

He called me yesterday and wanted to know if it was time for us to pick him up and go to Disney and see all his "friends"!

I hated to burst his bubble (and mine too) and tell him he had to wait another month... :(

You're exactly right! Here's a link....click here

But I thought it looked like a neat toy to play ball with Mason.

Unfortunately it would be a little big for Aiden to throw and Mason to catch.... :rofl:

Thanks for the link. That sure enough is a purple dog. I've never seen such a thing. But it looks like fun.

Poor Mason is going to be worn out!

TCD

Sunday 9/4 -

We wake up this morning and I really want to go to a park, but I can only imagine how busy they will be based on the crowds at the fort. Donnie comes for his breakfast visit and we sit around talking for a couple of hours.

Mason is usually a little skittish around strangers, but he did like Donnie and would often lay down right beside him.

Laborday2011083.jpg

Nathen & Amanda decided to go to MK. I figured that was a great idea, they could be the guinea pigs and let me know if it was complete chaos. They went to catch the boat and we took Mason for a golf cart ride. I texted them an hour or so later and asked about the crowds. Amanda said it was crowded, but not terrible. Trevor and I decided we'd meet them there soon. Off to the marina we went!

The golf cart parking area was pretty full:

Laborday2011090.jpg

Laborday2011091.jpg

Here's some shots around the marina/dock:

Laborday2011092.jpg

Laborday2011093.jpg

Laborday2011094.jpg

Laborday2011096.jpg

Laborday2011097.jpg

And we're off to the MK.......

Laborday2011098.jpg

Laborday2011099.jpg

Laborday2011100.jpg

It's still exciting when you get that first glimpse of the kingdom:

Laborday2011102.jpg

Laborday2011101.jpg

They had already set up for Halloween!

Laborday2011103.jpg

Laborday2011104.jpg

Laborday2011105.jpg

Laborday2011106.jpg

Laborday2011107.jpg

Laborday2011108.jpg

Laborday2011109.jpg

Laborday2011110.jpg

As we were walking down Main Street they started shooing us off the road and onto the sidewalks. There was a parade coming, so we didn't have much choice but to watch it. I didn't mind as it was a short one, and it was a nice change as I'm not a big parade kind of person. I enjoy the parades, I just don't want to sit for an hour beforehand getting kicked and shoved by rude people who want to get to the front.

Laborday2011111.jpg

Laborday2011112.jpg

Laborday2011113.jpg

Laborday2011114.jpg

Laborday2011116.jpg

Laborday2011117.jpg

Laborday2011119.jpg

Laborday2011120.jpg

Continuing in next post...........

Laborday2011121.jpg

Laborday2011122.jpg

Once the parade ended we went up near the castle.

Laborday2011123.jpg

Laborday2011124.jpg

I texted the kids to find out where they were. They were at Cosmic Rays having lunch. Trevor and I headed over to find them. Amanda took this from the patio and I gave her the Lil Lisa wave.

Laborday2011248.jpg

Trevor and I shared a burger so that we could have a snack a little later.

When we were here in May, Amanda told us that she had never been to Tom Sawyers Island. We tried to take her but it didn't open until 10:00 am and we never made it back to that side of the park later in the day. We knew it wouldn't be very crowded, as it is kind of one of the outdated attractions, so that's the direction we went.

Laborday2011249.jpg

Laborday2011126.jpg

Laborday2011127.jpg

Laborday2011128.jpg

Laborday2011129.jpg

Laborday2011130.jpg

We had a great time over there, and took a lot of silly pictures. I had forgotten how much fun it can be over there, even though Aunt Polly's is closed and you can't get ice cream anymore. :(

Next post I will share our goofy Tom Sawyer Island pictures!

Great photos S70.

The MK doesn't look too crowded.

I do not agree with Halloween decorations going up two months before Halloween.

They must make a killing on the MNSSHP's!

I'm glad that Amanda finally made it out to Tom Sawyer island. We don't get out there very often. There used to be a lot more to do on the island. It was pretty run down the last time we visited.

TCD

I told you, we just don't get caught misbehaving.

No po-po's or Rangers! They were out and about directing traffic and slowing carts down, but I kept my nose clean. ;)

:banana: Glad to have you reading along!! You haven't missed much. I have many more pictures coming soon, so stay tuned.

I got busted by the po-po to "slow down" on the golf cart :'( and I was following traffic in front of me (even if it was Nates truck) <_<

:popcorn: Still eating that popcorn you requested - and never came to help eat it!

Well you never brought me any!! Here I am slaving over a hot computer writing this darn report and you just sit there and hog all the popcorn! ;)

Great photos S70.

The MK doesn't look too crowded.

I do not agree with Halloween decorations going up two months before Halloween.

They must make a killing on the MNSSHP's!

I'm glad that Amanda finally made it out to Tom Sawyer island. We don't get out there very often. There used to be a lot more to do on the island. It was pretty run down the last time we visited.

TCD

Oh yeah! As soon as I saw the Halloween decorations I could almost smell the money. We went to MNSSHP last year, and I think once was enough.

You should go out to the Island. It's definitely been a bit neglected, but it's a classic and we had fun just goofing around. It had been a long time since I was there and Im glad we went.

I got busted by the po-po to "slow down" on the golf cart :'( and I was following traffic in front of me (even if it was Nates truck) <_<

:siren: That's because you drive like a maniac! :))

You had a great Sunday! Love all the pictures. I can't wait for Halloween, it's not my favorite holiday but I will be spending it with my favorite people :banana:

I'm not a huge Halloween fan either, but I enjoy watching the kids in costume. But we could literally be on the moon and I would be happy hanging with the fiends. :heart:

For those of you who haven't been to Tom Sawyer's Island in a while, I recommend it, especially if you have young kids. It's never crowded and just an old fashioned good time.

(Though I wonder if young 'uns today even know who Tom Sawyer is?)

Laborday2011131.jpg

Laborday2011132.jpg

Nate giving me the Lil Lisa wave.

Laborday2011138.jpg

Just a little stream on the Island:

Laborday2011135.jpg

Laborday2011140.jpg

Laborday2011139.jpg

Laborday2011134.jpg

Laborday2011258.jpg

Laborday2011257.jpg

The fake horses in the fort on the island. (WDW horses would never be that skinny ;) )

Laborday2011141.jpg

Another good thing is that you get some different vantage points:

Laborday2011142.jpg

Laborday2011143.jpg

Laborday2011133.jpg

And now, some goofy pictures! Where else can you do it?

They have a small play area for the kids, but my own family wouldn't play with me. But don't worry, I made new friends!

Laborday2011136.jpg

Laborday2011137.jpg

The wave again:

Laborday2011259.jpg

Nate giving me bunny ears in a nice family picture:

Laborday2011263.jpg

Me & my boy. :heart:

Laborday2011254.jpg

This is us doing our best Captain Morgan pose.

Laborday2011255.jpg

After we were done exploring the island, we hopped on the raft to head back to the mainland. It was a short pleasant ride, but when we started up the path towards Big Thunder Mt. I was greeted by this :wacko:

Laborday2011144.jpg

You mean to tell me that he didn't feel the breeze? Lesson to all reading along, Wear a belt if your shorts will not stay up!!!

After all that island exploration, we needed a snack! Trevor wanted a sweet cream pretzel, but that CS was closed for refurbishment. I wanted a chocolate covered banana.

For all the TCD fans, most of you will remember a very disturbing picture he posted in a TR. I believe it was some kind of sausage he was eating. Well, fair warning, this one is AS disturbing. I will probably never live it down but I promised I wouldn't pick & choose which pics of me that I would post. :rolleyes:

I enjoyed my banana, and that's all I will say about that.

Laborday2011145-1-1.jpg

We started towards the front of the park as I had crock pot dinner plans, and there was a NASCAR race that night.

Took a couple pics on the way out:

Laborday2011147.jpg

Laborday2011150.jpg

Laborday2011151.jpg

Of course, Trevor had to get his rice krispie treat:

Laborday2011154.jpg

Laborday2011149.jpg

The kids wanted to go look at getting Mickey ears made for Jordan so we left just ahead of them and said we'd meet them back at camp.

The two little shadows in the center next to the big box are Nate & Amanda. They just missed the boat. But I gave them the wave! ;D

Laborday2011152.jpg

We made it back to 550 and I made some homeade mac & cheese in the crockpot. A couple hours later we grilled some hot dogs & brats to go with it.

Laborday2011159.jpg

Laborday2011160.jpg

Nate & Amanda wanted to relax for a while as they planned on going back to MK for EMH until 1:00 am. I had NASCAR in my future...or so I thought.