Stef Lazes for Labor Day

That's so awesome, fiends meeting up for the first time. That's one thing different about this place, the intent is to ACTUALLY meet new people, which is why I love it here. I have no life out side of kids and work. My husband said I had to make friends.. I did better than that, I made "fiends" :rofl2:

Well Judy you should get your fill of all of us at Halloween. In other words, be careful what you wish for! :))

Along those same lines, I had a lady come by the site and ask me if I was from Inverness. When I said that I was, she told me that she was from Homossassa (About 20 miles from me) So we chatted and she asked me about fort fiends. They come to the fort often, have annual passes, don't make any concrete plans and enjoy meeting new people. I told her "Yep, you're a fiend!"

I think her name was Sharon(?) She's a teacher at Homossassa Elementary. So "nice teacher lady from Homossassa who I think was named Sharon" if you're reading this :wave1:

You can never meet too many happy campers!

Great update!

I love the early morning shots, and all of the photos of Mason. That is one happy dog!

I am stumped by your question.

I don't remember the pavement around the water bowl, but I am not sure that is it.

Since I can't spot anything else that looks different, however, the paved area inside the gate is my final answer.

TCD

No that's not it, but now that you pointed it out, I don't remember that concrete being there either! Hmmmm...

It's actually a much smaller improvement. Those gates used to be bright orange. Since we are normally in those sites, I have looked at them for years. It may have been your favorite barrel painter who did the work because you can still see orange paint in the latches. ::)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No!!! It can't be over...I just got here! I know, late to the party. Story of my life. I am SO behind on trip reports, and I have thoroughly enjoyed this one. Can't believe it's over though. Bu

That's so awesome, fiends meeting up for the first time. That's one thing different about this place, the intent is to ACTUALLY meet new people, which is why I love it here. I have no life out side

No that's not it, but now that you pointed it out, I don't remember that concrete being there either! Hmmmm...

It's actually a much smaller improvement. Those gates used to be bright orange. Since we are normally in those sites, I have looked at them for years. It may have been your favorite barrel painter who did the work because you can still see orange paint in the latches. ::)

I would say that is a big 10-4 on the barrel painter.

His specialty is brown paint.

But here is something odd.

Here's a dog park photo from June, 2010.

I can see the gates in the back. And they aren't orange:

FW610337.jpg

It looks like there is a small bit of pavement inside the second gate. I remember it being muddy around the water bowl, but it looks like it was paved around the bowl in this photo.

So, when did the gates get painted orange?

And then brown?

My barrel painter guy must be getting paid overtime!

TCD

I was going to ask if TCD might be color blind since he didn't notice the difference in paint. BUT, TCD has proof the gates weren't orange. SO, maybe Stef is color blind? She does wear gosh awlful blue, silver and gold A LOT! :rofl2: :rofl2:

I was going to ask if TCD might be color blind since he didn't notice the difference in paint. BUT, TCD has proof the gates weren't orange. SO, maybe Stef is color blind? She does wear gosh awlful blue, silver and gold A LOT! :rofl2: :rofl2:

I found another photo- this one from January, 2011, which shows that the gate was not orange, but the latch was:

gate2010.jpg

So, at least part of the gate used to be orange.

S70 was right about the gates being painted- they definitely were not brown in either photo I posted.

TCD

What do you do when you see a crazy lady running towards you? You drop everything and give her a hug. Trust me it works like a charm, she calmed right down. :rofl2: this was just the beginning of a great fiend visit. Keep it coming Stef :banana:

:rofl2: Only if you might know the crazy lady!

I would say that is a big 10-4 on the barrel painter.

His specialty is brown paint.

I can see the gates in the back. And they aren't orange:

TCD

I guess my memory is failing. I thought the whole gate was orange. I guess it was only the latches. Your barrel guy is worse than I thought if he couldn't even cover the orange on just the latch! But now, the WHOLE gate is brown. ;D

Loving the TR! :parrot:

Thanks Genia! You will be proud to know that we came out of the fort unscathed! No po-po's, no throw-downs and no jail time! >:D

I never fail to be amazed when TCD comes out with Photographic evidence.. regardless of the subject, he has pictures... **NOTE TO SELF be extra nice to TCD at Halloween!! :rofl2:

And be careful what you say Judy, he doesn't forget anything!!! (But he's awfully cute ;) )

I guess my memory is failing. I thought the whole gate was orange. I guess it was only the latches. Your barrel guy is worse than I thought if he couldn't even cover the orange on just the latch! But now, the WHOLE gate is brown. ;D

Well, it's possible that the gate was painted orange some time after January. I know you were at the Fort after that. I was too. I don't remember seeing the whole gate orange, but it is possible.

I am sure that this is the work of the barrel painter. And, I'll bet this took him all day, too.

So no po-po encounters?

How about any Ranger encounters?

TCD

Friday 9/2 -

After a late night of partying, I was feeling a little rough. I got cleaned up and got ready just in case we wanted to go to a park. The first thing we found when we went out was this:

Laborday2011045.jpg

They were blowing off all the empty sites. We knew what that meant...they weren't going to be empty for long!

We walked over to Doodle's site. She was outside having coffee, Mike was inside without pants on. ;D

Laborday2011047.jpg

Her little ankle biters are all cute, and very well behaved, but these two were my favorite.

Laborday2011049.jpg

The pup is adorable, and the big guy is the only one that barked at me every time I stood up. I think he was afraid I was going to steal the puppy, and it did cross my mind.

We took Mason for his daily cart ride and went to Lisa & Bruce's for our daily "Good Morning"

After that we dropped Mason off and went to Doodle's to hang out at her site for a while. Her and I talked up a storm while the guys talked motors, gears, tires...guy stuff. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else noticed that time moves at warp speed while at the fort? Before we knew it, it was lunch time. We went back to the rv, had lunch and relaxed for an hour or so. I was awaiting the arrival of two of my favorite men.......Doodle & Mike came over for cocktails when one of those men showed up.

Laborday2011052.jpg

Though I talk to Donnie often, I hadn't seen him since April! So as much as I hate to admit it, I was thrilled to see him. While we sat around B.S.ing, Kenny (Tee Time Carts) came by to see Donnie so I had the pleasure of meeting him. It doesn't surprise me that he has such a successful business. Super nice guy!!

Donnie wanted to go to Epcot to the Rose & Crown for a Guinness beer and to see the "Hat Lady" I had never seen or heard of her, but I agreed to it.

Waiting for an Epcot bus:

Laborday2011054.jpg

We made it to the Rose & Crown, but there was no Hat Lady. From what I understand they were refurbishing her area, but Donnie got his Guinness.(He now owes me a hat lady performance) I had Mexico and a margarita on my mind, so we made our way over there. I sucked back a strawberry margarita while avoiding a brain freeze, and we were outta there.

Donnie went off to do whatever it is he does, and we rounded up the usual suspects. By 10:00 pm, my screen room was full!! Nate (One of my other favorite men) & Amanda had showed up by then. Donnie came back and brought Angie, and we were crammed in there like sardines. I couldn't have been happier! At 1:00 am, we decided to call it a night.

All through the afternoon and evening the fort was filling up. We knew when we got up the next day it was going to be chaotic. So what was on the agenda for Saturday? We had no idea.

I did get better with the picture taking, and I had Amanda to help now, so many more pictures coming soon!

Then how did yall have any fun? :unsure:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I told you, we just don't get caught misbehaving.

Well, it's possible that the gate was painted orange some time after January. I know you were at the Fort after that. I was too. I don't remember seeing the whole gate orange, but it is possible.

I am sure that this is the work of the barrel painter. And, I'll bet this took him all day, too.

So no po-po encounters?

How about any Ranger encounters?

TCD

No po-po's or Rangers! They were out and about directing traffic and slowing carts down, but I kept my nose clean. ;)

Just two pages late and already I've missed too much. But at least I got in before the 35th page this time!! Keep it coming... we are awaiting. :banana:

:banana: Glad to have you reading along!! You haven't missed much. I have many more pictures coming soon, so stay tuned.

Steph as much as I hate jimmie you know you're one of my fave fiends. Angie (mrsgus06) hasn't met some of the newer fiends like you and doodle but she had a great time. One nice thing about Angie is she can fit right in and yap with the best of us yappers. One thing I always say is we might be a goofy bunch but there are no strangers here.

Steph as much as I hate jimmie you know you're one of my fave fiends. Angie (mrsgus06) hasn't met some of the newer fiends like you and doodle but she had a great time. One nice thing about Angie is she can fit right in and yap with the best of us yappers. One thing I always say is we might be a goofy bunch but there are no strangers here.

I really enjoyed meeting Angie, and OMG I agree with Donnie again, we are like a family that gets together every once and a while and pick up where we left off :banana:

What do you do when you see a crazy lady running towards you? You drop everything and give her a hug. Trust me it works like a charm, she calmed right down.

:rofl2:

Note to self... hug crazy people... got it!

Y'all are making me even more anxious for October to roll around - sounds like a Fiend-tastic time!!

You can hate Jimmie all you want and I'll still love ya. 11_7_104v.gif

I really enjoyed meeting Angie, and OMG I agree with Donnie again, we are like a family that gets together every once and a while and pick up where we left off :banana:

Wow, that's twice you've agreed with Donnie! What is the world coming to? ;D

I can't wait to Halloween! I am so jealous, but glad y'all had so much fun!

Don't be jealous Rita, just a few more weeks and you'll be right beside us!

Y'all are making me even more anxious for October to roll around - sounds like a Fiend-tastic time!!

We did have a great time Monique. I will try to control myself when I see you, and not run through the loop like a mad woman. ;)

A while back there was a thread about who were huggers and non huggers, probably need to dig that out and take notes, don't wanna scare anyone.. :rofl2: I'm a total hugger and I'm super excited to be meeting you guys so I'll probably do my little happy dance to.. the DH says it's creepy but I just can't help myself! :parrot:

S70-

Another great update!

So what's the story on the Hat Lady?

I have never heard of her either.

What is so great about the Hat Lady (according to Donnie)?

TCD

HatLady_998.jpg?t=2009-12-11T15:49:27

The Hat Lady is a fabulous pianist, singer and overall vivacious entertainer performing at the Rose & Crown Dining Room and Pub at Epcot theme park.

Croon a tune with this one-and-only bon vivant, storyteller and singer from London. She's warm, funny and certain to make you feel at home. Sing along with her as she plays unforgettable standards from the Great American Songbook and memorable show tunes from the Great White Way.

The Hat Lady performs at different times throughout the day, so be sure to check the Times Guide at Epcot to know exactly when you can catch her.

At least that's what Disney has to say about her - I've never seen her.

HatLady_998.jpg?t=2009-12-11T15:49:27

The Hat Lady is a fabulous pianist, singer and overall vivacious entertainer performing at the Rose & Crown Dining Room and Pub at Epcot theme park.

Croon a tune with this one-and-only bon vivant, storyteller and singer from London. She's warm, funny and certain to make you feel at home. Sing along with her as she plays unforgettable standards from the Great American Songbook and memorable show tunes from the Great White Way.

The Hat Lady performs at different times throughout the day, so be sure to check the Times Guide at Epcot to know exactly when you can catch her.

At least that's what Disney has to say about her - I've never seen her.

Thanks, Ed.

I learned something new today!

I have never heard of the Hat Lady.

And, I have never been in the Rose and Crown.

And, as far as I know, I have never seen a bon vivant.

I say as far as I know, because I have no idea what a bon vivant is.

Until recently, I was not a fan of Fish and Chips or other British food. I certainly am not a fan of their beer. And I am not big on show tunes. But, I think I'll pop in there the next time I'm at Epcot.

Based on S70's description, it appears that you can just pop in there for a drink. Right?

TCD