Stef Lazes for Labor Day

No!!! It can't be over...I just got here!

I know, late to the party. Story of my life. I am SO behind on trip reports, and I have thoroughly enjoyed this one. Can't believe it's over though. But seriously, you are 90 freakin minutes away from the Fort, so go back and write another one!

And, what's with the banana?? :rofl2: I really have no comment. None. Really.

But I will comment on the crack. Crack kills, ya know. That dude needs to hike em up. Plain and simple. Disgusting slob.

Ok, that is all.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No!!! It can't be over...I just got here! I know, late to the party. Story of my life. I am SO behind on trip reports, and I have thoroughly enjoyed this one. Can't believe it's over though. Bu

That's so awesome, fiends meeting up for the first time. That's one thing different about this place, the intent is to ACTUALLY meet new people, which is why I love it here. I have no life out side

Love the report!

Just jealous as hell that I couldn't be there to "partake". But then again, my liveer thanks me.

I really wish I could join everyone for Halloween but then again, my liver thanks me (unitl Savannah in November).

Glad you made it back safely and glad it is only a short time for the next As the Fort turns episode.

:heart:

As the Fort turns, :rofl2: That would be a good name for a trip report...maybe I need to go back now and start over!

You'll be happy to know that my liveer is back to normal, ready for Halloween!

It's great to see pics of the fiends. I can't wait to meet all of you at Halloween. Doesn't it just suck that no matter how often you go you're still sad leaving. At least you had that line of traffic & a backlot tour to extend it a bit.

You have to be kidding though. You're only 1.5 hours away from the fort. I'm so jealous.

I wish I would have taken more fiend pictures, and I will try to do better next time. There's so many conversations going on, it's hard to remember to get the camera out.

Another awesome TR Stef - thanks for taking us all along for the ride!

Thanks Monique. I think ff.net will explode with reports after Halloween. Can't wait!

No!!! It can't be over...I just got here!

I know, late to the party. Story of my life. I am SO behind on trip reports, and I have thoroughly enjoyed this one. Can't believe it's over though. But seriously, you are 90 freakin minutes away from the Fort, so go back and write another one!

And, what's with the banana?? :rofl2: I really have no comment. None. Really.

But I will comment on the crack. Crack kills, ya know. That dude needs to hike em up. Plain and simple. Disgusting slob.

Ok, that is all.

Dave! Glad that you made it. It's ok if you're late, I'm sure those beautiful girls keep you pretty busy.

Thank you too, for not commenting on my banana photo. You can just file it away along with TCD's sausage photo as something you hope to never see again.

I'm with you on the crack! Old Walt worked so hard to make WDW a magical place, wonder how he would have felt walking up on that. :moon: NOT very magical!

So glad to see fiends I hope to meet .. but sad to have reached the end of the TR

Don't be too sad, I'll be back soon with another one, whether ya'll like it or not! :laugh:

Final Thoughts - WARNING: Sappy alert! ;)

I have loved the Fort since I was a little girl. I went with my grandparents, then my parents. I introduced Trevor & then Nathen to Fort camping & hope to bring my grandchildren when that time comes.

Sure, I miss the old Fort. Swimming in Bay Lake, River Country, the Swamp Trail and the many other things that have changed over the years. The Fort is still my favorite place, whether we're running from park to park or sitting at the campsite soaking up the atmosphere.

This trip I was surrounded by fiends and the Fort became a different, and even better place for me.

Doodle ~

What can I say? You and I formed a "texting bond" before we ever even spoke on the phone. Meeting you in person exceeded all of my expectations. You are the perfect balance between mom-figure and best friend that I could ever hope for. No matter how far away you are, or how long it is before we can get together again, I've found a friend for life.

Lil Lisa ~

I knew that you were a tech geek (your words, not mine :) ) so I wasn't sure we'd have a lot in common. You and Bruce are two of the warmest, kindest and most hysterical people I have met in a long time. How often do you laugh so hard that you're in tears? It amazes me the friendship that was formed that night, when just hours before we were strangers. I look forward to many more good times with you guys. Am I excited for you to move to Florida?

"You betcha!" :laugh:

Donnie ~

When you used to pick on my Jimmie Johnson stuff on the other board, I pegged you for an obnoxious, pain in the ass. While you may be a little "rough around the edges" I get you, and love ya because of it. I enjoy our talks & I always look forward to seeing you.

Jim & Paula, grumpyandgrandma, grumpyrver and all the fiends that were at the GG on Saturday, you guys are the best!

For "Newbies" and Guests reading along ~

PLEASE don't hesitate to become a part of this group! We were all newbies/strangers at some point. I promise you, you're doing a great disservice to yourself if you only lurk here.

I joined the other board in 2007 and always told myself:

"One of these people is bound to be a total jerk in real life"

I'm still waiting to find that person! :)

Thanks to everyone for reading along, I hope to see a lot of you at Halloween. :heart:

Hopefully we meet soon, to put your mind at rest......

:doublebeer:

:rofl2:

:raspberry:

:heart:

Donnie ~

When you used to pick on my Jimmie Johnson stuff on the other board, I pegged you for an obnoxious, pain in the ass. While you may be a little "rough around the edges" I get you, and love ya because of it. I enjoy our talks & I always look forward to seeing you.

That's it? That's it? A couple lousy sentences? Hmmmmph. Is it cool enough to bring the JJ bean bag toss game Halloween because I see golf cart tires and tooth picks written all over em. I've decided Kyle is my driver now so I'll be sure just to bomb the shit out of you with share bags of peanut M&M's. I might even get the one pound bags for that matter. Ok, carry on now. Oh and btw, if JJ get's to be "ol 6 time" and your flags and camper burn down mysteriously in December please don't think I would ever have anything to do with it. B)

Hopefully we meet soon, to put your mind at rest......

They say there's one in every crowd. Thanks for the heads up. :raspberry2:

That's it? That's it? A couple lousy sentences? Hmmmmph. Is it cool enough to bring the JJ bean bag toss game Halloween because I see golf cart tires and tooth picks written all over em. I've decided Kyle is my driver now so I'll be sure just to bomb the shit out of you with share bags of peanut M&M's. I might even get the one pound bags for that matter. Ok, carry on now. Oh and btw, if JJ get's to be "ol 6 time" and your flags and camper burn down mysteriously in December please don't think I would ever have anything to do with it. B)

Oh get over yourself, you're lucky to get a couple of sentences. If you know whats good for you, you will stay away from my JJ stuff! Remember, I am younger, meaner and in better shape than you...and I know where you sleep.guntootsmiley2.gif

BTW, I love peanut M&M's and I'm thrilled that you finally picked a driver that still has a pulse.

Bob, oh Bob, where are you. I'm giving you a great lead in here.

:rofl3: I'm sure Bob could expand on that statement and all my "sap" would fly right out the window.

Lil Lisa ~

I knew that you were a tech geek (your words, not mine :) ) so I wasn't sure we'd have a lot in common. You and Bruce are two of the warmest, kindest and most hysterical people I have met in a long time. How often do you laugh so hard that you're in tears? It amazes me the friendship that was formed that night, when just hours before we were strangers. I look forward to many more good times with you guys. Am I excited for you to move to Florida?

See! Geeks are people too! We really had a blast with you guys and Doodle and Mike too. Sorry that Fudge terrorized Mason. He's such a tough ankle biter. ;)

We really, really, really want to get out of Minnesota too. Cross your fingers that the economy turns around so we can get our butts down there! The bromance that developed between Trevor and Bruce may leave scars if we don't get back there soon. And always remember... It's "just Joe". Pherrrrrrrrrrrrt. ;)

Thanks to everyone for reading along, I hope to see a lot of you at Halloween. :heart:

Actually. Bruce and I are really total jerks. We're just great actors. ;)

Great trip report and great times with great people!! I wish we were going for Halloween. Don't let Trevor find another man or Bruce will be heartbroken. ;)

Sorry that Fudge terrorized Mason. He's such a tough ankle biter. ;)

The bromance that developed between Trevor and Bruce may leave scars if we don't get back there soon. And always remember... It's "just Joe". Pherrrrrrrrrrrrt. ;)

Don't let Trevor find another man or Bruce will be heartbroken. ;)

Little 5lb. Fudge terrorizing 90lb. Mason! :rofl2: It's us little ones that you gotta watch out for. Mason kept creeping right up on him though, so he must not have been bothered too much.

We are still laughing at "Just Joe." I think Bruce captured Trevor's heart, and there's just not anything left for any other man. Trevor will be waiting patiently for Bruce's return. ;)

I have loved the Fort since I was a little girl. I went with my grandparents, then my parents. I introduced Trevor & then Nathen to Fort camping & hope to bring my grandchildren when that time comes.

Sure, I miss the old Fort. Swimming in Bay Lake, River Country, the Swamp Trail and the many other things that have changed over the years. The Fort is still my favorite place, whether we're running from park to park or sitting at the campsite soaking up the atmosphere.

This trip I was surrounded by fiends and the Fort became a different, and even better place for me.

Doodle ~

What can I say? You and I formed a "texting bond" before we ever even spoke on the phone. Meeting you in person exceeded all of my expectations. You are the perfect balance between mom-figure and best friend that I could ever hope for. No matter how far away you are, or how long it is before we can get together again, I've found a friend for life.

Lil Lisa ~

Donnie ~

When you used to pick on my Jimmie Johnson stuff on the other board, I pegged you for an obnoxious, pain in the ass.

Go with your first intuition on this one!

While you may be a little "rough around the edges"

A little??

I get you,

Like a rash after hiking in the woods

and love ya because of it. I enjoy our talks & I always look forward to seeing you.

Jim & Paula, grumpyandgrandma, grumpyrver and all the fiends that were at the GG on Saturday, you guys are the best!

For "Newbies" and Guests reading along ~

PLEASE don't hesitate to become a part of this group! We were all newbies/strangers at some point. I promise you, you're doing a great disservice to yourself if you only lurk here.

Oh you found him! :rofl2:

I need a tissue :'(

Outstanding TR!

I like the way it bounces around between subjects and you do a great job with the narratives.

You seem to have a bigger than life personality, and it really comes through on the TRs.

Thanks for sharing.

Aww, you're too kind! Most people just think I have an awfully big mouth for a tiny body. You made my day. :heart:

I need a tissue :'(

I prefer to think of Donnie as more like mold, than a rash, while it may gross you out a bit, it has it's place in the world. ;)

Bob, you were much nicer than I expected, are you getting soft in your old age?

Oh she does and trying to keep it tucked into 4' 10" body is darn near impossible :rofl2:

That's it!!!! Next time you see me, I am going to be sweet, calm, quiet and reserved. You'll be sorry!! ;)

Hey Stef!

I'm just catching up on your TR - I've been off in study-land the last week or two - great job! I always enjoy your pictures and stories!

Great TR - all the major subjects were covered - crack, illicit banana behavior, awesome castle pics, and Fiend meetings!

Thanks!

Both!

Sorry Bob! You can't help the old part, it happens. I guess soft just comes with old. ;D

Hey Stef!

I'm just catching up on your TR - I've been off in study-land the last week or two - great job! I always enjoy your pictures and stories!

Great TR - all the major subjects were covered - crack, illicit banana behavior, awesome castle pics, and Fiend meetings!

Thanks!

Thanks for reading along! I've wondered where you've been. I guess I did cover quite the array of things for a WDW report. :rolleyes: Glad to see you back!