Stef Lazes for Labor Day

This Fort trip was probably one that I have been the most excited for. While I absolutely love the fort all the time, this time doodle was going to be there!

For those of you who don't know, I was supposed to meet her in March while I was at the fort and she was on a cruise. She got off the boat earlier than I expected and was going to be headed to the fort, just as me & my family had walked into Epcot. I was really bummed, but we knew there would be another time to meet. Since then, we've talked and or texted almost daily. We've bitched & moaned, laughed and told secrets, but never met in person. This was exciting stuff!

Trevor and I left on Wednesday the 31st. We loaded up the truck and dog. Yes TCD, Mason sat in the truck for the last hour before we pulled out.

Laborday2011001.jpg

About an hour later we came into the World

Laborday2011002.jpg

Laborday2011003.jpg

Laborday2011004.jpg

Laborday2011005.jpg

No matter how many times I pass those gates, I still get excited!

We pulled in about 12:45 and were told that we did get one of the sites I requested by fax, but it wasn't ready yet, and she wasn't allowed to tell us which one it was because it wasn't ready. :rolleyes: So instead of a site number written on my map, I got a Mickey head drawn around the 500 loop. Top Secret Disney stuff.

I didn't mind the wait, as I was happy to receive one of the ones I had asked for. Off to the overflow lot to wait for our site text to come in. We walked the dog, stretched our legs (After that long 1 1/2 in the truck) grabbed some fruit I had cut up and I got on fort fiends.

Laborday2011007.jpg

Laborday2011008.jpg

We got a text about an hour later. Site 550! If you'd noticed in the arriving pictures, there were some ominous clouds forming, so we got busy setting up before the storms rolled in. The first thing I noticed when we got there was that it was empty! There were very few sites occupied. The next thing I noticed was the back of my site looked like this. Muck & mosquitoes, yay! ;D

Laborday2011009.jpg

The whole time we set up it was thundering like crazy. Just as we finished, it started pouring sprinkling, for about 10 minutes. ;D But at least we were ready for 5 relaxing days.

Laborday2011010.jpg

Laborday2011033.jpg

Laborday2011034.jpg

We had the Johnson flags set up front to back. 2 time under the front bunk, 3 time in the air

Laborday2011051.jpg

4 time inside the screen room on the wall of the camper, and 5 time across the back bunk, which could be seen from the main road. I knew that stacktester would be traveling that road many times that weekend, and I didn't want him to miss them from any angle.

I never want to cook that first night, so it was an easy Stouffers meal (Chicken, broccoli thing) with some rolls for an easy dinner

Laborday2011011.jpg

After a quick clean up, we put Mason in the cart and went for a ride.

Laborday2011013.jpg

This is looking to the right of 550

Laborday2011026.jpg

And to the left

Laborday2011025.jpg

There was only about 6 rv's in all of the 500 loop. We rode over to 400's and found Lil Lisa's site, but it didn't look like anyone was there.

Laborday2011048.jpg

We rode down to the pool which was also very quiet. We actually got bored looking at empty sites, so I snapped a few pictures around the Meadow recreation area and headed back to our site for happy hour.

Laborday2011019.jpg

Laborday2011018.jpg

Laborday2011015.jpg

Laborday2011017.jpg

Laborday2011016.jpg

While we were sitting outside, a gentlemen stopped and asked about my fort fiends sign. I started explaining what fort fiends were and I find out that it's Grumpyrver. He was in the 500's too, but he didn't have a sign. I found his site later while walking the dog.

Laborday2011027.jpg

We hung around the site talking about our plans for the next morning. How about Epcot for Soarin? How about MK for a rice krispie Mickey head? Mason was indifferent. He was just happy to roam around the site while we were still all alone.

Laborday2011024.jpg

I went to bed listening to the EWP, it doesn't get any better than that. :heart:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No!!! It can't be over...I just got here! I know, late to the party. Story of my life. I am SO behind on trip reports, and I have thoroughly enjoyed this one. Can't believe it's over though. Bu

That's so awesome, fiends meeting up for the first time. That's one thing different about this place, the intent is to ACTUALLY meet new people, which is why I love it here. I have no life out side

It's amazing how empty the place was. I've only seen it at Halloween when it's packed to the hilt. I'm looking forward to the next installment. Please don't forget to post the picture of doodle that she is dreading. There are many waiting to see it. Now where were all the Jr flags huh??

Nice wheels on the golf cart by the way.

They even put a stupid 48 collar and leash on that poor dog. When I was petting him and mentioned it he rolled his eyes like yeah, how would you like to have to wear this crap all day. Everytime I'd go by S70's site he'd come out with this look on his face like if you want, I'd be glad to go anywhere with you, as long as the 48 collar comes off.

It's amazing how empty the place was. I've only seen it at Halloween when it's packed to the hilt. I'm looking forward to the next installment. Please don't forget to post the picture of doodle that she is dreading. There are many waiting to see it. Now where were all the Jr flags huh??

Nice wheels on the golf cart by the way.

Since we usually arrive on Wednesday, I'm used to it being quiet, but this time was really bad! Very rarely do you find completely empty loops and there were quite a few. We knew it wouldn't last long though.

Would you believe that I forgot my Jr. flags? I had them all ready to go too. :rolleyes:

The picture of doodle is not bad at all. I caught both her and Lisa "pre hair & makeup" that morning. Don't you worry, Nathen took one of me that I'm sure I will never live down! I haven't even decided if it's suitable for posting.

Sounds like the calm before the storm! lol I can't wait to hear more!

You've got that right! I will have some comparison photos of the 500 loop taken on Sunday. They look a bit different.

OMG I am sooooooooooo far behind on TRs I'm glad to finally jump in on the start of one!!

Can't wait to hear more. :banana:

And I'm happy you're here for the start!!

:popcorn:

Extra butter for me Ed

Great start! Mason is beautiful.

Looking forward to more!

Thanks. Mason is my 2nd child and spoiled rotten, so you will see a lot of him in my reports.

I never get tired of passing through those gates either. ;)

Lookin' forward to hearing all about your trip! :banana:

(I'm also with Steve.... post that photo doodle is dreading! Do it Stef! Do it!) >:D

Thanks Kim. I will be posting that photo, but I don't know why she's dreading it so much. It's NOT bad, I swear!

They even put a stupid 48 collar and leash on that poor dog. When I was petting him and mentioned it he rolled his eyes like yeah, how would you like to have to wear this crap all day. Everytime I'd go by S70's site he'd come out with this look on his face like if you want, I'd be glad to go anywhere with you, as long as the 48 collar comes off.

Mason loves his collar and leash!! Though he liked you, so I'm starting to question his taste. ;)

woo hoo Im just lovin the jimmie deco!!! :heart:

I knew you would appreciate it Jess!!

:barf:

Tease-smiley.gif

Just a quickie for you this morning.

Does anyone know the type of people who think "more expensive is better?" I do, but I am not one of them! I'd rather get a good deal on something that will do the trick, than waste money on something that possibly will do it better. Here is a great example of that I want to share.

I bought this radio at Walmart. It wasn't expensive (like $30.00) but I thought it would be perfect for outside when camping, and it has a CD player.

Laborday2011023.jpg

It won't pick up a station AT ALL!!! We've tried everything, every position...nothing! Ok, at least we can play a CD in it. Well, now the CD player lid won't shut. >:(

When Nathen had his canoe, him and Amanda bought a little battery operated radio that they could bring with them. That darn radio will pick up at least 20 stations, and it runs on one AA battery. They bought it at the Dollar store for $1.00. I took a picture of it just so you could see how ridiculous it is. That is my cell phone to the left of it for size comparison.

Laborday2011022.jpg

So my lesson for the day is sometimes less is more! ;D

That darn radio will pick up at least 20 stations, and it runs on one AA battery. They bought it at the Dollar store for $1.00. I took a picture of it just so you could see how ridiculous it is.

and it's pink too! :heart:

looks like it'd even fit as an accessory for one of DD American Girl dolls... note to self - check the dollar store more often.

Just a quickie for you this morning.

Does anyone know the type of people who think "more expensive is better?" I do, but I am not one of them! I'd rather get a good deal on something that will do the trick, than waste money on something that possibly will do it better. Here is a great example of that I want to share.

I bought this radio at Walmart. It wasn't expensive (like $30.00) but I thought it would be perfect for outside when camping, and it has a CD player.

Laborday2011023.jpg

It won't pick up a station AT ALL!!! We've tried everything, every position...nothing! Ok, at least we can play a CD in it. Well, now the CD player lid won't shut. >:(

When Nathen had his canoe, him and Amanda bought a little battery operated radio that they could bring with them. That darn radio will pick up at least 20 stations, and it runs on one AA battery. They bought it at the Dollar store for $1.00. I took a picture of it just so you could see how ridiculous it is. That is my cell phone to the left of it for size comparison.

Laborday2011022.jpg

So my lesson for the day is sometimes less is more! ;D

that radio would last all weekend on the boat! best thing I ever got for the boat lol B)

Where's a Tag Fairy when you need one? :rofl2:

:popo:

and it's pink too! :heart:

looks like it'd even fit as an accessory for one of DD American Girl dolls... note to self - check the dollar store more often.

It is teeny tiny Pam, but the darn thing works great! It would probably be perfect for an American Girl doll, though I'm no expert. :rolleyes:

Hey S70!

I am on board for this report!

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your weekend.

It sure started out slow, but I'm sure it picked up steam as the Fort filled up.

TCD

Glad to have you here. I thought about you a lot this weekend. (How can I not when I'm at the fort?)

Can't wait for the rest!! :popcorn:

I'm trying to get pictures together for the next installment, all while the NASCAR race is on :lol: Glad you're reading along!

that radio would last all weekend on the boat! best thing I ever got for the boat lol B)

Oh nice to see you Salamander! Yes, the radio was the best $1.00 you guys ever spent. We just put a battery in it before you got there, and that's been well over a year!

:popcorn: I wish we would have gotten there early and camped with all of you.

Hey Paula! I wish you had been camping too, but you'll be here for Halloween so we can make up for it!

Thursday 10/1 -

Woke up early this morning. This was the day doodle was arriving, and I may have been a little excited. ;) Our plan was to go over to Epcot for a couple hours, but Trevor woke up with a headache. No big deal. The best part of having annual passes is not feeling like you need to rush to the parks, or go when you're not feeling good. I was perfectly content to have another cup of coffee and enjoy the atmosphere.

We took Mason around the loop just as the sun was coming up.

Laborday2011030.jpg

Laborday2011029.jpg

Then we took him to sniff around the dog park. Any pet owners notice anything different about the gate? I noticed it right away.

Laborday2011036.jpg

Laborday2011040.jpg

Laborday2011039.jpg

It looked like it was going to be one of those rainy days again

Laborday2011037.jpg

I snapped a couple photos around the dog park:

Laborday2011043.jpg

Laborday2011044.jpg

We took the dog back to the site. He always needs a nap after the sensory overload of the dog park. We took off on the cart to look for fiends.

Laborday2011031.jpg

Found Grumpy & Grandmas site but no one was there. So we headed back over to Lisa's. As we came around the corner, I spotted naked arms. That could only mean one thing, Bruce! They were home so we stopped and talked with them for a little while. They had plans for the day so we said we could meet up later.

We went to the trading post for ice as I had a new slushie recipe I wanted to try out. Trevor had to buy a cheese danish while we were there. I always bring a ton of food when we camp, but it never fails, somebody will find something at the trading post that they have to buy!

It was a beautiful day, 84 degrees, so we went back to 550 and relaxed in the screen room.(some of us, more than others)

Laborday2011021.jpg

Around 2:00 I got a text that doodle had arrived and was assigned 511. Because we were on the main road I watched as they drove in and parked. Trevor made me wait while they backed in, as I was ready to bolt! I saw her step out of the MH & I couldn't stand it any more. I started around the corner of the loop when I realized I could get there faster by cutting through the other sites (They were empty)

Doodle happened to glance up, then did a double take. She probably wondered what the heck this crazy woman was doing running through the middle of the 500 loop! As soon as we spoke, we were both in tears. We hugged it out while poor Mike was trying to back in. First thing she said "OMG, you're so tiny!" :rolleyes: I left her to help Mike get set up before the rains came.

It was about an hour before the skies opened up. Since I wanted "play time" later, I figured I would cook dinner early and hope that the rain would pass while we ate.

I boiled some shrimp and made a salad.

Laborday2011046.jpg

Mason got a big, gnarly bone after his dinner.

Laborday2011053.jpg

My plan worked out perfectly. It started to clear up just as I finished cleaning up dinner. About that time we hear yelling. Trevor asked if that was doodle yelling for me ;D Turns out, it was doodle yelling, but she was yelling at an escaped pup. We chased little Harley all over and tried to bribe him with bologna. He finally came to Mike and all was well in the neighborhood.

Grumpy & Grandma showed up for a visit, so it was great meeting them. I was beginning to be paranoid about leaving my site as I was afraid I was going to miss a fiend stopping by. A bit later Lisa & Bruce drove up and Lisa waved like a little schoolgirl, which we have now dubbed "the Lisa wave" ;D You will see it in pictures throughout this report. They were going to let the pups out and come back later. About the time I got out of the shower, they came back. We had a few drinks, then doodle texted and said they were coming over.

I wish I had taken pictures of Trevor, me, Mason, Lisa, Bruce, their 2 pups, Mike & Doodle, all camped out in my screen room, but we were having so much fun that I didn't even think of my camera. There were drinks, laughs and even farts (Bruce >:D ) til 1:30 am. Good times! Thank God that we didn't have neighbors at that time or we may have been visited by the Disney po-po.

I slept til 6:00 the next morning and felt a little rough when I got up. Another day with no plans. It's Friday now, if we were going to do any parks I wanted to do it before the weekend crowds showed up. But...I also had something else to look forward to today that took precedent over park hopping.

That's so awesome, fiends meeting up for the first time. That's one thing different about this place, the intent is to ACTUALLY meet new people, which is why I love it here. I have no life out side of kids and work. My husband said I had to make friends.. I did better than that, I made "fiends" :rofl2:

Great update!

I love the early morning shots, and all of the photos of Mason. That is one happy dog!

Any pet owners notice anything different about the gate? I noticed it right away.

Laborday2011036.jpg.

I am stumped by your question.

I don't remember the pavement around the water bowl, but I am not sure that is it.

Since I can't spot anything else that looks different, however, the paved area inside the gate is my final answer.

TCD