Stef Lazes for Labor Day

Captain Morgan Pose, and bananas.. you are I are gonna get along just fine... and that's all I'll say about that!! :rofl2:

I'm glad my kids didnt see the crack.. they serioulsy would have fell on the ground laughing and there is no way they would have been able to "NOT" say anything to the guy

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No!!! It can't be over...I just got here! I know, late to the party. Story of my life. I am SO behind on trip reports, and I have thoroughly enjoyed this one. Can't believe it's over though. Bu

That's so awesome, fiends meeting up for the first time. That's one thing different about this place, the intent is to ACTUALLY meet new people, which is why I love it here. I have no life out side

Captain Morgan Pose, and bananas.. you are I are gonna get along just fine... and that's all I'll say about that!! :rofl2: Agreed!

I'm glad my kids didnt see the crack.. they serioulsy would have fell on the ground laughing and there is no way they would have been able to "NOT" say anything to the guy

Kids: Are you a plumber?

If answer is yes, "I thought so. You have Plumber's Crack".

If answer is No, "You're in the wrong job then, You have Plumber's Crack!"

I bet those kids on the island thought you were the best thing going. Hey ma look at the crazy lady in the tunnel. :rofl2:

Really did you have to ruin my lunch by posting the dudes crack? Maybe he's a plumber & has just gotten used to the breeze.

What's the deal with the banana? That is a pic that could take on a life of it's own. :rofl2:

Let's see:

1. Why did you have to bring up the sausage photo? What's wrong with a man enjoying a fine Nuremberg Sausage at the Food and Wine Festival. Hey- that reminds me, that's right around the corner!

2. I love the photos of you playing with the kids on Tom Sawyer's island.

3. Good job on the crack photo. You know I would have taken a photo of that too.

4. That Mac and Cheese looks good. I have a crock pot. How about a recipe for us?

TCD

Kids: Are you a plumber?

If answer is yes, "I thought so. You have Plumber's Crack".

If answer is No, "You're in the wrong job then, You have Plumber's Crack!"

Ed, they are young and working on the "snark" still but more than once in the past few years have we run across a situtation like this, more than once my girls have ran up to someone and said "hey mister we see your butt crack!" they have NO shame. I almost got my butt kicked on a beach in Hawaii once because my son cracked a joke about a very large lady in a very small bikini, he said something to the effect did she know someone had stolen the rest of her suite... yea.. I have no idea where they get that.. :rofl2:

Those kids probably didn't even realize you are a grown-up :rofl2: I am only 5'4" tall but felt like a giant next to you :blink:

My biggest worry when we were together, Please let Mike keep his drawers in place. The man has no butt :rofl2:

I think I will keep my banana comments to myself :unsure:

You're doing great with this TR. I feel like I was there :rofl2:

I'm gonna have to admit, if Mason wandered over to my site and I couldn't find his owners he'd be mine. He had this look in his eye every time I saw him that he would love to escape the 48.

I'm not gonna say anything about the banana. I've thought long and hard but I'm just gonna leave it there.

The mac n cheese n brats looked great. It looks like you had enough for me. Where was my invite?

There were two things I really wanted to do at WDW after my first trip. The Christmas and halloween parties at MK. However, since we went to WDW for Christmas last year I feel like I dont' need the Christmas one anymore but i'd love to do MNSSHP....

I have done both, probably won't do them again. Maybe if I had little ones, it would be different, but I think everyone should do them both at least once.

Captain Morgan Pose, and bananas.. you are I are gonna get along just fine... and that's all I'll say about that!! :rofl2:

The banana was delicious!! I did get some strange looks from men. I think their minds all think alike.

I bet those kids on the island thought you were the best thing going. Hey ma look at the crazy lady in the tunnel. :rofl2:

Really did you have to ruin my lunch by posting the dudes crack? Maybe he's a plumber & has just gotten used to the breeze.

What's the deal with the banana? That is a pic that could take on a life of it's own. :rofl2:

Actually the kids wanted to stop mid-way in the tunnel and play! I had to say "keep moving, keep moving" because I was starting to feel a little claustrophobic.

Sorry about the crack photo. Seriously, who lets their butt crack hang out at WDW? Yuck!

I will not discuss the banana further, just know I really enjoyed it! ;)

Let's see:

1. Why did you have to bring up the sausage photo? What's wrong with a man enjoying a fine Nuremberg Sausage at the Food and Wine Festival. Hey- that reminds me, that's right around the corner!

2. I love the photos of you playing with the kids on Tom Sawyer's island.

3. Good job on the crack photo. You know I would have taken a photo of that too.

4. That Mac and Cheese looks good. I have a crock pot. How about a recipe for us?

TCD

Sorry TCD, but the sausage photo is something most of us will never forget. But if you enjoyed it, who cares?

I will give you the recipe for Mac & Cheese. It's pretty simple, and VERY cheesy!

Those kids probably didn't even realize you are a grown-up :rofl2: I am only 5'4" tall but felt like a giant next to you :blink:

My biggest worry when we were together, Please let Mike keep his drawers in place. The man has no butt :rofl2:

I think I will keep my banana comments to myself :unsure:

You're doing great with this TR. I feel like I was there :rofl2:

The kids were funny! I'm sure they never expected an old lady to be climbing after them in the tunnel. The little black boy on the left in the picture was just giggling away. It was fun. Sometimes you have to forget you're old and do silly things.

Hey, if Mike wants to go pants-less, leave him alone. It's his vacation too!

Thank you for not commenting on the banana. I can almost read your mind and that's bad enough!

I'm gonna have to admit, if Mason wandered over to my site and I couldn't find his owners he'd be mine. He had this look in his eye every time I saw him that he would love to escape the 48.

I'm not gonna say anything about the banana. I've thought long and hard but I'm just gonna leave it there.

The mac n cheese n brats looked great. It looks like you had enough for me. Where was my invite?

It did strike me funny that Mason would lay down by you, he's usually unsure of strangers. They say kids & dogs can sense good people, so you're alright in my book.

Oh I get it, you thought long & hard.....thank you for keeping those thoughts to yourself.

I definitely had enough food for you, and if you remember correctly I texted you and never heard back until 11:00pm that night. You should know by now, you never need an invite. What's mine, is yours.

It's still Sunday evening, we've all been fed & watered & I'm looking forward to the race! Then I read a tweet from Jimmie talking about the rain. :(

So I decide that if the race is rained out, I will go to the EMH with the kids. Trevor didn't want to go, he only really does the parks to appease me, and once a day is enough for him.

By 9:00pm, after having dryers on the track for the last hour, it started pouring again. I figured I could go to MK for a couple hours and be back to see most of the race if they got it started. Within a 1/2 hour of me leaving, Trevor texted me & said it had been called until Tuesday.

Most of you know that I'm usually in bed by 9:00, but I'm at Disney, and it's my last night. We took the cart down to the boat launch and I took some night pics. I have so many settings on my camera that I never use, I thought it would be a good time to play with them. Some of them came out good, some not so much.

Laborday2011161.jpg

There were quite a few people on the beach for the EWP.

Laborday2011162.jpg

Laborday2011163.jpg

Laborday2011164.jpg

We arrived just in time for the fireworks. I won't bore you with all of those.

Laborday2011166.jpg

Laborday2011167.jpg

We ended up at Buzz Lightyear first. Does anyone else think this is pretty lame now, compared to Toy Story Mania?

Laborday2011170.jpg

Laborday2011172.jpg

Laborday2011173.jpg

I love the carousel at night.

Laborday2011174.jpg

Laborday2011183.jpg

We rode BTMRR. That is my ultimate thrill ride...yeah I'm a big sissy. Nate rode by himself in another car in front of us.

Laborday2011186.jpg

Laborday2011187.jpg

Laborday2011188.jpg

Then we went to the Jungle Cruise. I don't think I've ever rode it at night.

Laborday2011193.jpg

Laborday2011194.jpg

We did not see the Tiki birds, but the building looked cool at night.

Laborday2011192.jpg

The back side of the castle.

Laborday2011176.jpg

Laborday2011179.jpg

Laborday2011178.jpg

The castle was changing colors and the park had gotten really quiet so I played around with my camera while I didn't have 5,000 people pushing & shoving me.

Laborday2011181.jpg

Laborday2011196.jpg

Laborday2011199.jpg

Laborday2011201.jpg

Laborday2011204.jpg

It was now midnight!

Laborday2011206.jpg

Nate still wanted to go to the bakery to buy cookies to bring home to his boss & coworker. It was 1:00 am by the time we got on a very crowded boat. We ended up standing against the back railing breathing diesel fumes the whole way back (and first stopping at the Lodge) Even the american flag on the back of the boat was a nice shade of grey.

You know when you go by the Contemporary and there are all the "No wake" signs? Well, I guess in the middle of the night, no one really cares about wakes. He never lifted off the throttle, water was literally crashing up over the seawall. It was not the most pleasant boat ride I have ever experienced. :P

We made it back to the rv where Trevor & Mason were fast asleep. I stripped down and climbed into bed already dreading having to pack up and go home the next day.

Next post I have some fort pictures in no particular order, so I will just put them all in one.

I'm liking the TR Stefa. Really nice castle shots. I too am interested in what camera you're using.

I also appreciate your nostalgia for Tom Sawyer's Island. Much to other's amazement, it was always one of my favorite places also. Must be all the Mark Twain I read as a young fellow. Either that or the joy I experienced when my son and I played games in the cave by chasing or surprising each other.:lol:

This is a beautiful picture of the castle. Stef my 3yr old says this is her favorite picture, she loves purple.

We are looking for a camera that takes good night shots. What kind of camera are you using?

Awww, is that the little demon child that spews green stuff? :rofl2: I'm glad she liked it! Feel free to steal it for her viewing pleasure. :heart:

I'm liking the TR Stefa. Really nice castle shots. I too am interested in what camera you're using.

I also appreciate your nostalgia for Tom Sawyer's Island. Much to other's amazement, it was always one of my favorite places also. Must be all the Mark Twain I read as a young fellow. Either that or the joy I experienced when my son and I played games in the cave by chasing or surprising each other.:lol:

Thank you! We actually did silly stuff in the caves this time and my son is 21. You should never be too old to play.

I'm also a reader, so that may help explain my island appreciation. That's what made me wonder if kids today know who Tom Sawyer is. My guess would be no, now it's Harry Potter. ^-^

My camera is a Nikon Coolpix S8100. I got the recommendation from BBB...aka Karla. She gave me all the info and I got it at Walmart for $249.00. I really like it. It takes good pictures (though I'm still learning all the functions)and it's small enough I can put it in my pocket. Most of my shots are just an automatic setting, point & shoot. Now I'm getting braver about trying the "night shots, fireworks, beach scene..."

When I last saw Karla, hers was making a weird noise and she said "When it breaks, I'll go buy another one" so I'm assuming she's still happy with hers.

My camera is a Nikon Coolpix S8100. I got the recommendation from BBB...aka Karla. She gave me all the info and I got it at Walmart for $249.00. I really like it. It takes good pictures (though I'm still learning all the functions)and it's small enough I can put it in my pocket. Most of my shots are just an automatic setting, point & shoot. Now I'm getting braver about trying the "night shots, fireworks, beach scene..."

When I last saw Karla, hers was making a weird noise and she said "When it breaks, I'll go buy another one" so I'm assuming she's still happy with hers.

i didn't wait for it to break...I just went and got another...this one is acting just fine! smiley-camera-1-1.jpg

Really like your pics...wishing it was Halloween...38 days to go!

We did have a great time Monique. I will try to control myself when I see you, and not run through the loop like a mad woman. ;)

Then how will I know it's you?? :rofl2:

A while back there was a thread about who were huggers and non huggers, probably need to dig that out and take notes, don't wanna scare anyone.. :rofl2: I'm a total hugger and I'm super excited to be meeting you guys so I'll probably do my little happy dance to.. the DH says it's creepy but I just can't help myself! :parrot:

I say hug 'em all! ... especially Lou who CLAIMS not to be a hugger. <_<

Based on S70's description, it appears that you can just pop in there for a drink. Right?

You sure can! There's an actual bar in the very front, although it doesn't have many seats and it's usually packed. But they even have a pub menu you can order off of if you're in there.

PUB MENU

Rose-and-Crown-Pub-back.jpg

Rose-and-Crown-Pub-front.jpg

More info on our Rose & Crown page. :)

Ooh almost forgot.... awesome castle pics, Stef!!

Awww, is that the little demon child that spews green stuff? :rofl2: I'm glad she liked it! Feel free to steal it for her viewing pleasure. :heart: .

why yes she is the demon child. :rofl2:

Wait till you meet her you won't believe how short she is for her a 3yr old. I think she will be lucky if she is as tall as you.

Wait till you meet her you won't believe how short she is for her a 3yr old. I think she will be lucky if she is as tall as you.

I always wondered where the girl demon version was, I have her brother :rofl2: we'd better keep them apart at Halloween I would be sad if the fort burned to the ground :blink:

S70-

Great night shots!

Congratulations on making it to 1 AM at the MK. I love the photo of you and Amanda in front of the clock. Funny!

You sure can! There's an actual bar in the very front, although it doesn't have many seats and it's usually packed. But they even have a pub menu you can order off of if you're in there.

Thanks, Monique. I'm glad you posted the menu. I have never really eaten Pub food until recently. A pretty fancy Pub opened up at the International Plaza shopping center in Tampa this past year. Since my girls were fascinated about all the royal wedding hoopla this year, we have visited the Pub a couple of times. We even tried a Scotch Egg. I had heard of them, but never really knew what they were. That is an interesting item. I think I'll try one at Epcot the next time we're there.

TCD

Wonderful pictures thanks for posting them, and all I can say is that was a lucky banana :banana:

Thank you for reading along, and it was a darn good banana! Maybe I enjoyed it too much :laugh:

i didn't wait for it to break...I just went and got another...this one is acting just fine! smiley-camera-1-1.jpg

Really like your pics...wishing it was Halloween...38 days to go!

38 days?! Woohoo!! I really love that camera. It's taken me all this time to start playing with different settings and still many more I haven't used. I would surely buy another one if something happened to mine. Thanks again.

Then how will I know it's you?? :rofl2:

I say hug 'em all! ... especially Lou who CLAIMS not to be a hugger. <_<

Ooh almost forgot.... awesome castle pics, Stef!!

Oh you will know it's me!! I'm the pocket sized one with boobs and a big mouth. :laugh:

I have and will continue to hug Lou every time I see him. I like a good challenge.

It was great having the castle (almost) to myself. Usually I end up with thousands of heads in my pictures.

Steve, she's 3 and she might be as tall as me?! Very funny! At least she has time to grow, I will probably just shrink as the years go by. :unsure:

Great report I have enjoyed reading it.

Thanks for joining me. I've got some fort pictures and some departure day shots and I will be finished.

Whew! Things are finally settling down around here and I'm just getting caught up. Nice updates Stef! Besides the much dreaded doodle photo, I especially enjoyed the Tom Sawyer photos! We absolutely love it over there. :D

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Thanks KFK. It's nice to know there are others who enjoy Tom Sawyer. I feel like such a nerd when I tell people that I like it.

Finally get caught up on this TR -- love all the photos! It looks like SUCH a great time. You guys definitely look like people to hang out with -- so much fun.

Thank you Kate. It was a great time. I don't care what our plans are (or lack of) we try to just go with whatever feels good at the moment, but most importantly to have fun!

S70-

Great night shots!

Congratulations on making it to 1 AM at the MK. I love the photo of you and Amanda in front of the clock. Funny!

TCD

Thanks TCD, I'm still working on the night shots. The shutter speed is so slow that you have to be very still, and that's NOT one of my strong suits.

I always love your girls in front of the clock, so I had to get that photo. The difference is, your girls are always smiling & happy. I honestly could have taken a cat nap right there. I'm such a wimp. :rolleyes: