A Fun Filled Foray Into Fantabulous Fort Festivities

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 4 Well, it seems like only months ago we were on day 3. Oh wait! It was months ago. Thank you to everyone for your patience in waiting so long to see how this trip turns out. As many of you kn

I didn't get any pictures of Brevor (since it seems so serious, they deserve a "Brangelina" type name) We will have to fix that this year. Maybe we could get them to wear matching shirts like ever oth

I agree that Lisa is a special women, but I was the lucky one to have her and Bruce get on my bus. It just doesn't happen. I think the odds are about 1 in 6000. It's extremely rare to pick up a Fiend.

Day 3

Sorry to keep you all waiting. I bet you thought we would never get here, didn’t you! On day three, once again I got up at the crack of dawn and we finally got going at the crack of noon. I did a bit of looping with Fudge while Bruce slept in. Once he was ready to go we headed off for Animal Kingdom.

Florida_2011_Day03_01.JPG

We headed through the Oasis checking out all of the critters. Bruce likes this area of Animal Kingdom. I think it is because SQUIRREL!!!!!

Florida_2011_Day03_02.JPG

Oh… I’m sorry. I got distracted there for a second. Where was I? Oh that’s right; I was explaining why Bruce likes the Oasis. I think it has something to do with all of the birds. He is a huge bird lover, which is something we don’t share. He likes to point out birds and tell me what they are and how you can tell the difference. I like to smile and nod while my eyes glaze over. ;)

After we made our way through the Oasis, we went straight to Dinoland. We went to Animal Kingdom several times last year, but we never made it to Dinoland. As we made our way around, I thought we had somehow ended up back at the Fort!

Florida_2011_Day03_03.JPG

We saw Pluto and Goofy wandering around. I had promised some folks that I would give them hugs, but there was no time for that. They were moving and I mean fast! They had quite a following though! Look at all of the groupies!

Florida_2011_Day03_04.JPG

The attention to detail never ceases to amaze me at Disney World. They went through a lot of trouble to make this area of Dinoland look like a parking lot carnival.

Florida_2011_Day03_05.JPG

We worked up a big thirst wandering through Dinoland, so we decided to head off to Asia for a Yak Attack! If you haven’t had one of these, you’ve got to try it! It is my favorite drink at Disney, even with the paper straw that disintegrates before you get a chance to finish the drink.

Florida_2011_Day03_06.JPG

Of course no day at Animal Kingdom would be complete without a shot of the tree of life. This one is from the back side.

Florida_2011_Day03_07.JPG

We went a bit farther and stumbled upon this guy.

Florida_2011_Day03_08.JPG

I’m not sure who he is, but he is cute!

On our way to Africa, Bruce had to stop and play the bongos.

Florida_2011_Day03_09.JPG

Then it was off to the Kilimanjaro Safari. We were lucky. Our bus was right on time!

Florida_2011_Day03_10.JPG

I never noticed the broom on the front before. How ingenious! The busses double as street sweepers!

I was in the middle of the seat this time. The middle is not a good place to take pictures, unless you want all of your pictures to include the arms of the other passengers.

Florida_2011_Day03_11.JPG

This is what the picture would have looked like if I was on the outside of the bus.

Florida_2011_Day03_12.JPG

We rode around, looking at all of the animals and listening our guide. I never noticed the buildings before. Does anyone know what they are for? It looks like a picnic pavillion, but I doubt that they would let you stop for lunch here.

Florida_2011_Day03_13.JPG

This was not home on the range, because the skies were definitely cloudy all day. Unlike yesterday though, it didn’t rain on us.

We saw the elephant baby too!

Florida_2011_Day03_14.JPG

They say that a rolling stone gathers no moss. How about ostrich eggs that have been in the same place for years?

Florida_2011_Day03_15.JPG

After our safari, we were ready for a break. We decided to head back to the campground and spend some quality time with the fur babies.

Up next… Doggie Park and Epcot.

Day 3

Sorry to keep you all waiting. I bet you thought we would never get here, didn’t you! On day three, once again I got up at the crack of dawn and we finally got going at the crack of noon. I did a bit of looping with Fudge while Bruce slept in. Once he was ready to go we headed off for Animal Kingdom.

Florida_2011_Day03_01.JPG

We headed through the Oasis checking out all of the critters. Bruce likes this area of Animal Kingdom. I think it is because SQUIRREL!!!!!

Florida_2011_Day03_02.JPG

Oh… I’m sorry. I got distracted there for a second. Where was I? Oh that’s right; I was explaining why Bruce likes the Oasis. I think it has something to do with all of the birds. He is a huge bird lover, which is something we don’t share. He likes to point out birds and tell me what they are and how you can tell the difference. I like to smile and nod while my eyes glaze over. ;)

After we made our way through the Oasis, we went straight to Dinoland. We went to Animal Kingdom several times last year, but we never made it to Dinoland. As we made our way around, I thought we had somehow ended up back at the Fort!

Florida_2011_Day03_03.JPG

We saw Pluto and Goofy wandering around. I had promised some folks that I would give them hugs, but there was no time for that. They were moving and I mean fast! They had quite a following though! Look at all of the groupies!

Florida_2011_Day03_04.JPG

The attention to detail never ceases to amaze me at Disney World. They went through a lot of trouble to make this area of Dinoland look like a parking lot carnival.

Florida_2011_Day03_05.JPG

We worked up a big thirst wandering through Dinoland, so we decided to head off to Asia for a Yak Attack! If you haven’t had one of these, you’ve got to try it! It is my favorite drink at Disney, even with the paper straw that disintegrates before you get a chance to finish the drink.

Florida_2011_Day03_06.JPG

Of course no day at Animal Kingdom would be complete without a shot of the tree of life. This one is from the back side.

Florida_2011_Day03_07.JPG

We went a bit farther and stumbled upon this guy.

I’m not sure who he is, but he is cute!

On our way to Africa, Bruce had to stop and play the bongos.

Florida_2011_Day03_09.JPG

Then it was off to the Kilimanjaro Safari. We were lucky. Our bus was right on time!

Florida_2011_Day03_10.JPG

I never noticed the broom on the front before. How ingenious! The busses double as street sweepers!

I was in the middle of the seat this time. The middle is not a good place to take pictures, unless you want all of your pictures to include the arms of the other passengers.

Florida_2011_Day03_11.JPG

This is what the picture would have looked like if I was on the outside of the bus.

Florida_2011_Day03_12.JPG

We rode around, looking at all of the animals and listening our guide. I never noticed the buildings before. Does anyone know what they are for? It looks like a picnic pavillion, but I doubt that they would let you stop for lunch here.

Florida_2011_Day03_13.JPG

This was not home on the range, because the skies were definitely cloudy all day. Unlike yesterday though, it didn’t rain on us.

We saw the elephant baby too!

Florida_2011_Day03_14.JPG

They say that a rolling stone gathers no moss. How about ostrich eggs that have been in the same place for years?

Florida_2011_Day03_15.JPG

After our safari, we were ready for a break. We decided to head back to the campground and spend some quality time with the fur babies.

Up next… Doggie Park and Epcot.

Great update!!!! The pavilion is new. It's for their Wild Africa Tour, and yes there may be a meal included!! I know there are stops at those pavilions with high powered binoculars and telephoto cameras

Yay - she's baaaaaack!!!!

Lisa, the buildings on the Savannah are part of the Wild Africa Trek.

Yet another way for Disney to separate you from your money! ;)

Great update!!!! The pavilion is new. It's for their Wild Africa Tour, and yes there may be a meal included!! I know there are stops at those pavilions with high powered binoculars and telephoto cameras

Cool! That would be a great place for lunch.

And this is Terk, from TarzanFlorida_2011_Day03_08.JPG

I haven't seen Tarzan yet. I may have to rent that.

Terk the Gorilla loves the spotlight, and she's perfect "big sister" material because she's Tarzan's closest friend

Oops! I thought it was a boy!

I didn't know Animal Kingdom had an airstream in it. Great find. :popcorn:

Not only an airstream, but there are clotheslines all over the place! ;)

Not only an airstream, but there are clotheslines all over the place!

Don't they know that clotheslines hurt the trees. :rofl2: We need to tell me to put purple undies on their clotheslines. :rofl2:

Maybe "someone" could add a few purple items ,,,

Yay, finally an update. I'm so jealous that you got to see the baby elephant. We didn't go over there as I figured he was too young to be out with the rest of the herd. AK is definitely on my list for October.

Hope you don't mind, but I stole the pic of Bruce on the bongos and resized it to wallet size for Trevor. ;)