A Fun Filled Foray Into Fantabulous Fort Festivities

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 4 Well, it seems like only months ago we were on day 3. Oh wait! It was months ago. Thank you to everyone for your patience in waiting so long to see how this trip turns out. As many of you kn

I didn't get any pictures of Brevor (since it seems so serious, they deserve a "Brangelina" type name) We will have to fix that this year. Maybe we could get them to wear matching shirts like ever oth

I agree that Lisa is a special women, but I was the lucky one to have her and Bruce get on my bus. It just doesn't happen. I think the odds are about 1 in 6000. It's extremely rare to pick up a Fiend.

Two things:

1. For everyone- I'm glad no one got hurt falling off the cart. I know a lady who broke her hip from falling off a golf cart the exact way that Figment Chick described. I have always been careful to make sure everyone is seated and ready to go ever since. This lady was just in her 40's when this happened to her. A broken hip is not funny.

2. For Lisa- I hate to ask, but it's bothering me. What happened to Molly?

TCD

Two things:

1. For everyone- I'm glad no one got hurt falling off the cart. I know a lady who broke her hip from falling off a golf cart the exact way that Figment Chick described. I have always been careful to make sure everyone is seated and ready to go ever since. This lady was just in her 40's when this happened to her. A broken hip is not funny.

TCD

1. Oh leave it to Mr. Responsible to make sure everyone is seated. :popo:

Just teasing, I hate riding in the back for that reason and I'm always afraid some other

idiot is going to hit me from behind (and not in a good way)

2. Angel.gif

Lisa, I'm getting antsy! Are you taking lessons from KFK and making us wait months for this report? :laugh:

Two things:

TCD

No doubt, things could've turned ugly fast. The crazy part is that I told DH that we were ready, but apparently he mashed the pedal a bit hard and the cart lurched forward. Make no mistake about it, he felt awful even though we were okay. It certainly taught us to always be sure that we're braced and ready for take-off.

The white room is kinda creepy, like they are all being sterilized. It's like getting a vascectomy on the ice planet Hoth.

Where did I put my mental floss... :rofl2:

Deal!

Uh...although my contribution may be something like this(cut to about 1:15).

Interesting observation on The White Room. I always felt uneasy there, and now I know why...

Love the video! As long as it is Mickey, that's OK. ;)

Fast indeed! My daughter and I learned this the hard way. The crew and I had just departed the bus at the Outpost and were wiped out from a full day at AK. All was well until DD and I hopped on the back of our spiffy looking Kenny cart. DH was driving and luckily my son was up front w/ him, b/c when DH hit the pedal DD and I flew off the back and landed in the golf cart parking lot! Luckily, we were both fine and could barely catch our breath from laughing so hard. Of course we had a huge audience to witness our tumble, but somehow Disney magic has a way of making road rash seem funny! Sorry, I just had to share that story. Call me crazy, but that's what memories are made of!

Tie wraps sound like a good idea, not only for decorations, but for holding us in place on the cart!!! :rofl:

Oh wow! I'm glad that nobody was seriously hurt. They need seat belts for those things!

Two things:

TCD

We lost Molly. She was almost 15 and it was just her time to go. Tessy Belle is our new addition. She can't replace Molly, but she will have a new place in our lives.

1. Oh leave it to Mr. Responsible to make sure everyone is seated. :popo:

Just teasing, I hate riding in the back for that reason and I'm always afraid some other

idiot is going to hit me from behind (and not in a good way)

2. Angel.gif

Lisa, I'm getting antsy! Are you taking lessons from KFK and making us wait months for this report? :laugh:

I'm sorry! Between work and work and catching up on things that didn't get done while we were gone, I only have about a half hour a day to work on this. I really need to retire... Anyone know a good bank I could rob?

Even More of Day 2 – More Waiting and More Magic

We visited for a while with Lou, hung out at the camper for a bit and then we headed back to the Magic Kingdom. On the boat ride back, the sky was looking kind of stormy.

Florida_2011_Day02_17.JPG

The CM on the boat assured us that it would be a quick shower and that it should clear up by 6:30 or so… It started sprinkling when we got off the boat. I was in the mood for a Dole Whip, so we headed off for Aloha Isle. No sooner had I ordered it, than the sky opened up.

Florida_2011_Day02_18.JPG

It rained…

Florida_2011_Day02_19.JPG

And rained…

Florida_2011_Day02_20.JPG

And it rained some more…

Florida_2011_Day02_21.JPG

Even the folks in ponchos were soaked!

Florida_2011_Day02_22.JPG

Finally after about forty-five minutes it let up enough for us to make a break for it. We thought it best to pursue indoor activities, so we headed for the Country Bear Jamboree.

Florida_2011_Day02_23.JPG

Even though this is a classic, neither one of us had ever seen the show. Now we have and that’s all I have to say about that! ;)

It was still raining when the show was over, so we headed for Pirates of the Caribbean.

Florida_2011_Day02_24.JPG

This has always been one of our favorites. There’s just something about whisky and wenches that gives us a warm fuzzy feeling inside. It kind of makes you feel all pure by comparison, like you belong in the white room in Small World… ;) We left Pirates and guess what? The rain had let up!

We decided to head off to Tomorrowland.

Florida_2011_Day02_25.JPG

We got a bite to eat and I let Bruce kick my butt at Buzz Lightyear. Then we headed off for the People Mover where we got a sneak peak at Space Mountain with the lights on.

Florida_2011_Day02_26.JPG

If Space Mountain were a blind date, it would be described as one with a great personality and it definitely looks better with the lights off. ;)

Then it was already time for wishes. My, how time flies when you are waiting for the rain to stop. ;) Speaking of rain, it had started again, but the show must go on. We scoped out a dry place to watch under the overhang by Tomorrowland Terrace.

Florida_2011_Day02_27.JPG

It wasn’t the greatest vantage point, but it was dry and we didn’t have any rain gear. In case you are wondering, we aren’t anti-poncho. In fact we are very pro-poncho but we hadn’t brought them along and we didn’t want to pay for new ones. You would think that someone with a meteorology degree would pay more attention to the weather… Oh well, I guess that’s why I am a software geek now. :) We watched wishes and then made our way back to the camper. When we got there, it finally stopped raining…

Tomorrow… Animal Kingdom and Epcot!

I love that you "Let Bruce" beat you at Buzz! Edward and I were talking about the weather in Florida the other day. The only time of the year that you can predict the weather is summer and it is easy...it will be HOT AS HADES and there will be an afternoon shower most days!

Anyone know a good bank I could rob?

You and Brian should talk. He has a plan in his head involving an armored car...

:rofl2:

I was in the mood for a Dole Whip, so we headed off for Aloha Isle. No sooner had I ordered it, than the sky opened up.

Florida_2011_Day02_18.JPG

Thank goodness you got your Dole Whip first!!!

Florida_2011_Day02_26.JPG

If Space Mountain were a blind date, it would be described as one with a great personality and it definitely looks better with the lights off. ;)

Indeed! For a second there I thought "Why did Lisa suddenly decide to visit an industrial job site in the middle of her MK day?"

:blink:

Hey! Wait a minute! oh nevermind... you're right. :D She's building the suspense. ;)

Lisa, wonderful update! I am very pro-Country Bears and that's all I'm gonna say about that. :raspberry2:

Well maybe I'll say just one more thing: "mama don't whoop little Beauford...mama don't pound on his head. Mama don't whoop little Beauford...I think you should shoot him instead!" :D hehehe.

Your photos look a lot like mine. Full of rain! I actually like the rain, it seems to add to the adventure of it all.

More please. :heart:

Hey! Wait a minute! oh nevermind... you're right. :D She's building the suspense. ;)

Lisa, wonderful update! I am very pro-Country Bears and that's all I'm gonna say about that. :raspberry2:

Well maybe I'll say just one more thing: "mama don't whoop little Beauford...mama don't pound on his head. Mama don't whoop little Beauford...I think you should shoot him instead!" :D hehehe.

Your photos look a lot like mine. Full of rain! I actually like the rain, it seems to add to the adventure of it all.

You must really like the 227758-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Happy-Hamster-Holding-An-Umbrella-In-The-Rain.jpgYou said it twice. :rofl2:

Nice update! I love the Space Mountain with lights picture. Since I am a sissy and can't ride it, it's neat to see what it actually looks like.

I think there are plenty of banks in FLORIDA that you could rob! ;)

I am very pro-Country Bears and that's all I'm gonna say about that. :raspberry2:

X2

:bravo:

:yay:

Oh wow! I'm glad that nobody was seriously hurt. They need seat belts for those things!

We lost Molly. She was almost 15 and it was just her time to go. Tessy Belle is our new addition. She can't replace Molly, but she will have a new place in our lives.

I'm glad we weren't hurt either. Looking back, we still get a kick out of it, but at the same time it did teach us a very valuable lesson. After that incident, the cart didn't move until EVERYONE vocalized that they were ready. The same procedure will apply for our upcoming November trip too.

I'm so sorry about Molly. We lost our adult male Boxer last year, and it still hurts so much. Thank goodness we have one of his pups, Rocky! He reminds us so much of his wonderful dad! Btw, love the name Tessy Belle...too cute!

Loving the TR so far!!!

I'm so sorry. I figured that was the case. But, then I thought maybe she was left with a pet sitter or something. I had to ask.

I've said it before, and I will say it again- you are the queen of one-liners!

You are doing a great job on your report. Don't cave in to peer pressure and rush it.

TCD