A Fiendtastic DREAMY Cruise!! and Chillin in the Big Easy

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, have time for another installment. OOOOOH, this is soooo cool. I just got back to my office and my dual wide ratio monitors were waitin on me!!! Photobucket on one monitor and Fort Fiends on the

What did Dave have to eat? Did they serve cheeseburgers? LOL

Thanks Carol! I really enjoyed this trip of yours. I too liked the pictures of the inside of the DME bus. As for Rick's surgery, if there is anything I can do to help out let me know. I don't know w

Amazing!! DH just walked past as I was reading this and when he saw the pics he asked if I would want to trade our Disney World/Fort trip next year for a cruise!! Tempting... :D

Can't wait to see more!!!

Time for another installment!!!!!

After getting to our room and getting unpacked and the "liquid sustainment" loaded in the fridge, it was time for the mandatory lifeboat drill. I have no pictures of that. It was quite boring. We proceeded to our location in the Disney Theater. They scanned our cards. Instructed us on how to put on our lifejackets and made a few announcement and then we were dismissed.

We met our room steward who's name was Goodluck and asked us what we would need each day. We requested that our little cooler be loaded with ice each evening and asked that he keep our shampoo, and conditioner replenished as necessary as we were using what they provided and did not bring any of our own.

It was then time for the Fiends to arrive!!!!!!

I had arranged for the Port Canaveral Webcam to zoom in on our verandah as we sailed by. So we all gathered in the room just before sail away.

www.portcanaveralwebcam.com

Melissa made a banner for the verandah

100_3162.jpg]

100_3169.jpg

100_3168.jpg

Our friends watched the sail away from their own verandah

100_3159.jpg

We watched the RCCL ship head out

100_3157.jpg

And here we gooooo

100_3160.jpg

100_3161.jpg

100_3163.jpg

100_3164.jpg

100_3165.jpg

100_3167.jpg

Here is a better picture of the sign

100_3170.jpg

Now, I was hoping some of the Fiends would capture some screen shots of the sailaway and post it on the boards, but we got an extra special surprise. The webcam folks posted the entire sailaway on YouTube!!

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=uUt1uGZgNIM

Coming next!! The Golden Mickey's!!!!!

I love the sail away. We always stay on our veranda and sip champagne and wave to the folks on shore :banana:

Carol I haven't picked any dates yet. We love to sail in November. The weather usually cooperates and the Temps are not as extreme :dance:

Now, I was hoping some of the Fiends would capture some screen shots of the sailaway and post it on the boards, but we got an extra special surprise. The webcam folks posted the entire sailaway on YouTube!!

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=uUt1uGZgNIM

That video is amazing!

I can't believe the web cam operator zoomed in on you like that.

Fiends Rule!

But, I have to ask.

How much "liquid sustainment" did Lorna have?:

cruise.jpg

TCD

After Sailaway, we chatted with Fiends for awhile longer, then got ready for the show and dinner.

The first show was The Golden Mickey's!!

Before the show started, the officers were introduced to us:

100_3172.jpg

A few shots from the show:

100_3177.jpg

100_3179.jpg

100_3182.jpg

100_3192.jpg

100_3189.jpg

100_3194.jpg

100_1548.jpg

Those probably aren't the best shots, but we were up in the balcony and it was directly below our cabin and easy to get to.

After the show, we went back to the cabin to enjoy the sunset a bit before dinner.

100_3195.jpg

100_3196.jpg

100_3197.jpg

100_1560.jpg

100_1556.jpg

As we were heading for dinner, we ran into Aerial!!

100_1561.jpg

100_1562.jpg

Our first night dinner was at Royal Palace. I was actually a little leery of dining here, as we're not big "princess" people, and I could imagine this restaurant being a copy of the Princess Meals at either the Castle or Norway with all the little "princesses" in their Bibbity Boppity getups running around all over the place.

I was actually pleasantly surprised!! I am SOOOO pleased that the meals on the ship are not character meals.

The Royal Palace is right off the main lobby on Deck 3.

09-15-2011101959PM.jpg

100_1563.jpg

100_3199.jpg

100_3200.jpg

100_3354.jpg

What you've been waiting for: FOOD PICTURES!!!!!!!

Escargots Gratines - herb-marinated snails with finely chopped mushrooms, topped with garlic butter and breadstick

100_3201.jpg

Double Cut Rack of Lamb with a Dijon Crust with fine green beans, gratin potatoes and rosemary jus

100_3203.jpg

It had been a VERY long day for all of us, but CJ just couln't hang

100_3202.jpg

Coming Next: Nassau

Nighty Night.

OK, time for another installment.

After lunch, it's finally time for us to head for our cabin.

We made the mistake of going straight down to deck 5 in the aft elevator. There are only a few decks on the dream that go all the way from front to back without many obstacles. On Deck 5 are all of the Kids Clubs and the Port Excursions Desk. So it was a windy maze to get from the back of the ship to our cabin with lots of folks in the hallways checking their kids in the clubs for the first time.

We finally made it to our cabin door and was surprised to find we entered facing foward instead of facing to the side of the ship. We were assigned Cabin 5552, Category 5E Accessible. The lowest category Verandah cabin with plexiglass walls on the verandah.

I knew our cabin was bigger than normal, but NOTHING prepared me for what awaited us inside!!

Once again some of these pics are from later in the cruise once we got organistic, but here we go!!!

Oh, and the first neat trick is our door is automatic!!! We pass our key over the lock and it opens by itself!! There is also a button on the inside that opens the door for you!!

Right as you enter you see the bathroom

100_1668.jpg

100_1667.jpg

Then further in the room is the closets with a nice storage bench.

100_1669.jpg

Then in the middle of the room is a nice queen sized bed. And on the far wall is the desk.

100_1666.jpg

Out the doors is our Verandah

100_1557.jpg

Our Verandah is HUGE!!

100_1638.jpg

100_1637.jpg

100_1636.jpg

Room on the left side of the bed

100_1554.jpg

Room on the right side of the bed

100_1555.jpg

The view from the door

100_1547.jpg

Bathroom Details

100_3414.jpg

100_3413.jpg

100_3415.jpg

Closet

100_3416.jpg

Safe

100_3420.jpg

Left Closet

100_3419.jpg

Right Closet

100_3418.jpg

Accessible Closet Rod

100_3417.jpg

Sofa

100_3421.jpg

Desk

100_3422.jpg

Fridge

100_3423.jpg

Pull Down Bunk

100_3426.jpg

Most folks said there was only one regular plug in the entire cabin, but we found a 2nd one under the nightstand on the left side of the bed.

100_3424.jpg

More Verandah Pics

100_3430.jpg

100_3429.jpg

100_3428.jpg

100_3427.jpg

Another corner to corner room pic

100_3425.jpg

Coming Next, the Fiends come to Visit and we Sail Away!!!!

What I like best about this room (well besides the awesome balcony) is that it truly is an handicap accessible. I have a cousin who has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair. I can't tell you how many times she has gone places and my uncle and aunt will call the hotel and ask a question such as, "Do you have roll in showers in your handicap rooms?" When told they do and book the room only to get there and find out nope no roll in showers. :argh: So, they have to find a different hotel. Every detail in this room goes to show that it was truly made to be an accessible room. Way to go Disney!

Escargots Gratines - herb-marinated snails with finely chopped mushrooms, topped with garlic butter and breadstick

100_3201.jpg

Double Cut Rack of Lamb with a Dijon Crust with fine green beans, gratin potatoes and rosemary jus

100_3203.jpg

Wow, that looks and sounds about 1000 times better than the popcorn and olives I had for dinner just now