A Fiendtastic DREAMY Cruise!! and Chillin in the Big Easy

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, have time for another installment. OOOOOH, this is soooo cool. I just got back to my office and my dual wide ratio monitors were waitin on me!!! Photobucket on one monitor and Fort Fiends on the

What did Dave have to eat? Did they serve cheeseburgers? LOL

Thanks Carol! I really enjoyed this trip of yours. I too liked the pictures of the inside of the DME bus. As for Rick's surgery, if there is anything I can do to help out let me know. I don't know w

OK, Names:

Laying on the floor, our fearless leader Jenn! (AuburnJen)

Kneeling is Lorna (Lornaduck), next to her is CJ

1st Row Standing L to R Melissa (MMLuvsMMandDVC), her sister (Karen, I think), Linda (Grandma), the next 3 are with the CyberDeb family, (Mom, daughter, sister??), then Buff (Sandra), and David)

Back Row Standing L to R Dave (Grumpy), Steves wife, Steve (BigDisneyDaddy), George (We4Mickey hubby), CyberDeb, Carol (Mouseketab), and Rick

Missing - Marty (Melissa's Husband), and Lynn (We4Mickey)

2nd row 4th from left, my mom Joan, daughter Jackie, me (cyberdeb)sister Wendy behind us between me and my daughter. Great trip report!!

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH, 2011

Well the day has come, time to leave the ship cry.gif

I rose really early, but still not early enough to watch us arrive. We were already at the pier when I woke up.

100_3489.jpg

The pier crew was busy at work unloading all the luggage

100_3490.jpg

100_3491.jpg

100_3492.jpg

100_3493.jpg

100_3494.jpg

100_3495.jpg

Some more pictures from the verandah, trying to enjoy it as long as possible

100_3498.jpg

100_3499.jpg

100_3500.jpg

100_3501.jpg

100_3502.jpg

100_3503.jpg

100_3504.jpg

100_3505.jpg

A picture of the decorator pillow usually on the bed

100_3496.jpg

100_3497.jpg

Coming next, our final breakfast and departure

Our final breakfast at Enchanted Garden

100_3506.jpg

100_3507.jpg

100_3508.jpg

100_3509.jpg

100_3510.jpg

100_3511.jpg

100_3512.jpg

100_3513.jpg

100_3514.jpg

One last look at Enchanted Art

100_3515.jpg

Now it's time to Say Goodbye......

MIC.... (See Ya Real Soon)

100_3516.jpg

KEY.....

MOUSE

100_3517.jpg

Some Final Looks at the Ship While Waiting on the Shuttle

100_3519.jpg

100_3520.jpg

100_3521.jpg

100_3522.jpg

Then we loaded up our cars back at the Sheraton and headed towards Walt Disney World!!!

Some shots from the Drive

100_3524.jpg

100_3525.jpg

100_3526.jpg

100_3527.jpg

100_3528.jpg

100_3529.jpg

Coming next some scans of all the "stuff" they leave in your stateroom and final thoughts on the cruise

As promised, here are scans of some of the "stuff" they leave in your stateroom

First off the welcome aboard flyer and map of the ship:

(This was two scans and joined together, so a little sloppy)

WelcomeAboardJoined.jpg

DreamShipMapJoined.jpg

Our Key to the World Cards

There is a lot of information packed on these cards

KeytotheWorldCard.jpg

It shows our Dining Time, Dining Rotation, Lifeboat Drill location, and I'm sure the other codes mean lots more.

Here are some postcards found in the room. Kinda wish I had seen them sooner, would have sent them to my boys with a Castaway Cay postmark!!

Postcards.jpg

Sunday's Navigator

SundayNavigatorPage1.jpg

SundayNavigatorPage2.jpg

SundayNavigatorPage3.jpg

SundayNavigatorPage4.jpg

Monday's Navigator

MondayNavigatorPage1.jpg

MondayNavigatorPage2.jpg

MondayNavigatorPage3.jpg

MondayNavigatorPage4.jpg

Nassau Shopping Guide

NassauShoppingMapPage1.jpg

NassauShoppingMapPage2.jpg

NassauShoppingMapPage3.jpg

NassauShoppingMapPage4.jpg

Flyer About Cell Phone and Internet Service

InternetandCellPhonePage1.jpg

InternetandCellPhonePage2.jpg

"Book Your Next Cruise" Booklet Cover

RebookingBooklet.jpg

(If anyone wants to see the rest of the booklet, let me know, and I'll scan the rest in), but you can find all the info on upcoming cruises on the website.

Wednesday's Navigator

WednesdayNavigatorPage1.jpg

WednesdayNavigatorPage2.jpg

WednesdayNavigatorPage3.jpg

WednesdayNavigatorPage4.jpg

Debarkation Letter (Also known as the GET OFF!!!! Letter)

WelcomeHomeFlyerPage1.jpg

WelcomeHomeFlyerPage2.jpg

They also left DVC brochures and invitations to DVC Seminars on our bed daily, but they were HUGE and too big for my scanner.

Also left on Wednesday night were the tip envelopes, and the forms for Customs (I think Lynn posted a picture of those)

Coming Next - Final Thoughts On the Cruise, Then Off to Disney World!!!

(Crap, I lost the first batch, so here we go again)

Final thoughts on the cruise.

In a Word - AWESOME!!!!! (Or is that AUSOME!!!!)

They took care of our EVERY need, from the accessible room, to our wonderful stateroom host, to the servers, and every other Cast/Crew Member on board. Nothing was forgotten!!

Meals - All the food was delicious, well prepared, and special requests were ALWAYS met.

Dining Time - We are late eaters at home. Late eaters at home on Central Time even, so I knew I wanted late dinner. However, we usually don't take almost two hours to eat dinner either, so the evenings were a little late. However, 5:45 is way too early for us, so what to do?? I'm thinking with a future cruise, we'll eat at the rotation restaurants just once, and then go to Cabanas about 7:30 ish for just a bit earlier dinner, and perhaps a shorter dinner.

Adult Time - Kid Time - They have really hit it with this one. As one with no kids, I NEVER felt overrun with munchkins. We did not go to the Sail Away Party or the Pirate Party on Deck, so perhaps that's why. We may try to watch those from a distance next time, as from videos I've seen, it looks exciting and fun.

Nassau: A lot of folks poo poo Nassau, but we loved it. The boat and bus tour was a really nice excursion. I actually could have skipped Atlantis, but Rick enjoyed himself, so as in all good marriages compromise works!!

Castaway Cay – Well, I was REALLY looking forward to this stop, but the DREAM is sometimes better than reality. It was HOT!! (I know, September in the Bahamas, what do you expect). Well, I did expect more shade and maybe more breezes. Now I don’t know if the lack of shade was due to the recent hurricane, or not. Also, the sand was very soft and deep and hard to walk in.

Also, I didn’t plan well, I just planned on planting Rick in a chair in the shade and enjoying laying in a float in the water, and snorkeling some. We also should have found a way to take the trams out to the adult beach instead of walking it.

I’m wondering has anyone brought their own EZ-Up or other awning to Castaway Cay? Now that would be the ticket!!!

The only things I think the cruiseline could have done differently

1 – Have the stateroom doorbell sound on the Verandah!! We had this awesome verandah, and sometimes we were expecting guests. Well at least one of us had to stay inside to listen for the doorbell.

2 – Travel time. I think they could have stayed at Castaway Cay till after dark on 4-day cruises. That way non-sun folks could have enjoyed an hour or two on the beach after it cooled off some. The reason I say this. On our first night, we steamed pretty hard down to Nassau, then basically just drifted along for the rest of the cruise. We went from Nassau to Castaway Cay at a pretty slow pace, then on our sea day basically drifted. We were traveling at .5 knots most of the day. That actually cut down on the sea breezes and it got kindof hot on deck in the middle of the day. If we had stayed at Castaway Cay longer, could have sailed at a little faster pace on Sea day.

Well, to the future. We’ve already got Rhonda watching for the release of 2013 itineraries. We’re going on a 7-day on the Fantasy the week encompassing May 6th, 2013. Really looking forward to that!!!

OK, now that you’ve finished an AWESOME CRUISE on the Disney Dream, what’s next??

We’re going to Disney World!!!

Coming next 3 days of parks and chillin in the Big Easy. (Port Orleans – French Quarter)

I think your idea about staying longer at Castaway Cay is great, I couldnt agree more. I think it would look awesome in the evening.

That was my thoughts!! The hour we spent on the beach at sunset in Cocoa was great!! That's what I was imagining Castaway Cay to be. Nice breezes, well packed sand and it was just not there at CC.