CANCELLED CRUISE - but I went anyway!!!

Well I started this yesterday and typed a whole page, then the computer locked up and I lost it all :argh:

I guess I have to start somewhere - 18 months ago Rich and I were one of the first ones to book this cruise, but life being what it is when June came around and we had to pay the balance life got in the way and we had to cancel. I was disappointed but you do what you have to do.

Then on our trip to Crystal River in August Chris found out his new job wouldn't let him take the time off, so Jen asked if I would go in his place. I had given up the weeks vacation and had to go ask my boss for it again. I am lucky because one of my bosses had been on the Dream and said go you don't want to miss it.

So I was going AGAIN :banana:

I excited all over again, guess it was meant to be.

I would have to cancel my Fort rese for Labor Day and miss the fiends that were going to be there, but I was going on the DREAM WITH FIENDS :parrot:

Rich ended up going to New York and I didn't want to do nothing on the Sat night before, and Doodle said I could come stay with her and Mike Do I tell you I :heart: the Fiends!!!

So off I went on Sat to the Fort, had a great time with Doodle and Mike and Lisa and Bruce had the GG many fiends were there (listed all in my report that I did last night and now to lazy to do again).

But a great time was had by all.

Stayed up late with Doodle and Mike doing what fiends do best Bull S H I T and LMAO,

As Carol stated in her report they tell you to make sure you leave out clothing when you pack your luggage, well I had a similar thing happen to me, when I went to go to bed I had forgotten to leave out PJ's also but I was staying with Doodle and Mike so I slept in my bathing suit cover up (TMI). I want to thank Cherrie and Mike for making me feel so welcome, and at home.

Morning came to soon and I had to get myself going, I was meeting Melissa and Marty at their house and traving to the pier with them, and her Sister Karen.

Well I go over there and soon it was off to the pier. I still couldn't believe I was going. The closer we got the more excited I got. Now this is where I went to add a picture last night and when I copied this so I would loose it I went into Photobucket and copied the picture code. Then the computer locked up and I lost everything, so bottom line is I am not going to add the pictures of the boat getting closer.

We got checked in really quick even with Melissa's house coming along in 7 suitcases lol.

and Off we went thru the EARS.

Now I was on this boat for 4 days and I can remember some, but I don't know how everyone remembers what they did to write it down, I don't know if I am just to busy taking everything in or I just to old to remember!!!!

We went to Cabana's for lunch and that was really good, then we got into our room. We ended up with a HA room and it was big, well I thought so until I saw Carol's and Rick's room, I am not complaining our room was great and our next door neighbors were the laundy room and the luggage, but they were really good neighbors no noise :rofl2:

The one show I did see was that night it was Golden Mickeys and it was great. I did miss the other shows don't know why and I am sorry I did, but that is a good reason to go on another cruise.

1st nights dinner was at the Royal Palace ended up having the wild boar, and that was very tasty.

I will try to do more of this later, I think I am going to post this and then try to add pictures in another post so I don't loose this wish me luck

to be continued

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well it worked I can't believe I did this. I will continue tomorrow or when I have some time' :banana:

Go figure....we could get your phone calls either! :rofl3:

Ok I am going to add a little to this tonight. I had made decorations for our door. When I first started reading about this cruise I got all excited about decorating our door and doing the Fish Extender exchange. Thats where make a pocket thing that hangs outside your door and you exchange gifts with the people in it. Well I had been thinking about what I wanted to do for 16 months and had all sorts of ideas, I even had a Fish Extender made with the logo that Rog had started when we all booked, it came out beautiful, BUT it was GREEN. Well when I cancelled I forgot about making these gifts and didn't think anything about it until 2 things happened, Melissa was going to surprise me when she found out I wasn't going she had me ship her my fish extender and was going to make things from me and have me get gifts and then send it to me (Again how I told you how much I :heart: the Fiends???

We the 2nd thing was I WAS GOING and now had to figure out what I was going to make. I also had to make the decorations for our door

well I am going to try this again 1st the door and then the book marks I made. Melissa also make a fish extender for Jen and CJ and Chris which came out great, I forgot to take the picture when mine was up but who wants to see it anyway it's green!!!

DSCN0302.jpg

DSCN0304.jpg

I can't find the pictures of the bookmarks I will have to try to put them on photobucket later.

We had such a good time giving them out but I wish I had Richie's scooter, THAT SHIP IS BIG, we had a list of rooms that were in the exchange and they were all over the ship, we got to see every deck and had to walk from one side to the other on every one of them. I was one tied girl. We had a great idea, since I had brought a roll of magnets (the doors are metal) we took Fortfiends cards and attached small magnets to them and where ever we saw a DVC member or someone that decorated their door we put a Fortfiend card on it - Free advertising.

Jen made and gave away towels with the Fortfiend sailing Snarky on it and I put a card in everyone of my bags I gave away.

We also got some neat things. The idea is to give something that is usefull or something from when u are from or something that has to do with the cruise.

I love the ornament I got from someone who live in New York (my home town) and it was copied from one that is on the tree at Rockefella Center. Also got bookmarks with a photo of the Dream and some other cute and useful things. I had a good time doing it and I think CJ who came with us about 1/2 the time like doing it. I know he like coming back to the room and seeing what was in his pocket.

I know I had forgotten to put the picture of the porthole in our room, I love it. They had cameras outside that we could see the port and the ocean, and we would have a tink or some other chacacter float by. The camera shots you could also see on your tv, but if you didn't have a room with a real porthole it felt real and you didn't feel closed in.

DSCN0252.jpg

Well thats all for tonight unless I can find the picture of the bookmarks I made

DSCN0253.jpg

Ok I found the pictures of the bookmarks I made, Also gave light sticks for the kids (love those) and for the younger kids I found disney sand molds. I wasn't sure what to give the older kids (most of them were girls and I found some note cards and journal books that were black and red and said Dream on them (I think Michaels made them for me) I wanted to keep each room together so I made a red bag with crystal mickey on it and them punched holes to make them small shopping bags and cut purple (had to have something purple) beads and put them in as handles. Had to use a bigger suitcase just to hold the stuff.

DSCN0216.jpg

DSCN0215.jpg

I cut everything out with my cricut. The front had mickey ears and a anchor the men's were black and the woman's were red pokadots. The back said Dream9411

DSCN0217.jpg

DSCN0218.jpg

Carol you should do it the next time you go. Most of the stuff we got weren't crafty, people had stuff printed from websites, or gave hand sanitizers. Some like Melissa and I loved what she did made a CD and copied it of music. I haven't had time to play it yet but am planning on doing so in the next few days. Or they just gave candy or little things that are useful on the cruise.