Construction Notes on Fort Wilderness from Mouseplanet

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

From www.mouseplanet.com

• Fort Wilderness Cabins – concrete pad repairs will take place January 17 to February 13, 2012.
  • Fort Wilderness Campsites – concrete pad repairs will take place January 17 to March 12, 2012.
  • Fort Wilderness Campsites – repaving will take place on Loop 2100 from January 24 to February 21, 2012.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This was in the September 24th Mouseplanet Weekly Update

www.mouseplanet.com

Barbeque Pavilion (resort unstated, assumed to be Fort Wilderness) – installation of four trench drains.

This could be a big deal.

It's hard to say without looking for the permit. I tried to find it, but couldn't.

If this is for the Fort's BBQ pavilion, this might be a reference to the new pavilion. If it is, this is big news. It means that the DVC is starting to move forward.

TCD

This was in the September 24th Mouseplanet Weekly Update

www.mouseplanet.com

Barbeque Pavilion (resort unstated, assumed to be Fort Wilderness) – installation of four trench drains.

I wouldn't get too excited about trench drains. They could have issues with water running accross the floor or walkway where it shouldn't.

• 3 weeks later...

I talked to Kristin, Fort Wilderness front end manager, today while waiting for the Magical Express. She said that all cabins are scheduled for refurbishment in 2014 and that refurbishment means total replacement. She said their planning meetings start this week and one thing they hear from customers is the need to separate the toilet from the rest of the bathroom. I suggested that some of the cabins be designed for fewer people with a queen bed only in the bedroom. She didn't buy it since they average 5 people per cabin.

I faxed front end manager Kristin a letter today thanking her for taking the time to chat with her customers. I also expounded on my desire for at least a few of the cabins to be designed for adults only. I said the reason most cabins are rented by families and not couples is the single double bed stuck in the corner. A couple or a couple of friends don't want to pay that much $$ only to have one of them sleep against the wall and have to climb over the other to get in and out of bed. We'll see what happens.

Disney itself doesn't "get" the Fort......

I mean something just hit me, this forum works off Google Ads, which keys off of what we are talking about and we are talking about Fort Wilderness all day, every day.

Yes we see lots of Disney "specials" ads and other disney ads.

Lots for AoA, and some specific to other resorts.

However, I have NEVER seen a Disney Fort Wilderness ad pop up on the ads up top or on the bottom, EVER!!!

Granted they may not have specials, but you'd think they could create a targeted Google banner ad or two for the Fort.

However, I have NEVER seen a Disney Fort Wilderness ad pop up on the ads up top or on the bottom, EVER!!!

Granted they may not have specials, but you'd think they could create a targeted Google banner ad or two for the Fort.

I'd be willing to bet Disney Marketing is NOT sitting on a stockpile of Fort banner ads.

I'd be happy to offer my services to them and whip some up. 8)