In search of the Great Pumpkin.... Doodle goes to the Fort

Not possible. :wave1:

There is something therapeutic hijacking the queen of hijack's threads and pushing buttons while stuck at work and she is enjoying the Fort..... :heart: :rofl2: :heart:

Ok. I have no argument with that. ;D

If Kim comes up with some obscure youtube video now for Star Cootie, I am asking for a refund of my Fort Fiends membership fee.

No worries Dave... I wouldn't Google Star Cootie with a 10 foot pole! :rofl2:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are in Lake City for the night. See you tomorrow :jumpforjoy

Is Naughty one of the 7 Fiend dwarfs?

Yes, there's Naughty, Glittery, Stinky, Drunky, Chubby, Rednecky, and of course Snarky.

"Teach Your Children" and well they just run a muck with your trip report. :rofl2:

Today was a lazy day. Slept in until 10 am then did a little looping and ended up at TJ's site with Missy, Lorna and Richie. Carol and Rick showed up just as we were leaving. We wanted to stay but had tickets for MNSSHP.

We had fun at the MK and rode the attractions we love, did a little ToTing and shared a funnel cake. Don't wait for a picture Dave that baby was gone in a nano second. :heartsmiley:

We watched the fireworks and then headed back to the fort. I hardly got in the door and got a text from TJ. Coffee at Bob's site!! Didn't even have to hop on the GC cause Bob and Kathy are only one site down from us.

Enjoyed another great evening with a group of fiends and then called it a night.

And so the GG has reached that inevitable juncture where it transitions from Voodoo Punch to coffee. :laugh:

She didn't say what or what wasn't in the coffee........ :clint:

Glad you and all the udder fiends are having a great time!

"Teach Your Children" and well they just run a muck with your trip report. :rofl2:

Today was a lazy day. Slept in until 10 am then did a little looping and ended up at TJ's site with Missy, Lorna and Richie. Carol and Rick showed up just as we were leaving. We wanted to stay but had tickets for MNSSHP.

We had fun at the MK and rode the attractions we love, did a little ToTing and shared a funnel cake. Don't wait for a picture Dave that baby was gone in a nano second. :heartsmiley:

We watched the fireworks and then headed back to the fort. I hardly got in the door and got a text from TJ. Coffee at Bob's site!! Didn't even have to hop on the GC cause Bob and Kathy are only one site down from us.

Enjoyed another great evening with a group of fiends and then called it a night.

You taught us well. ;D :rofl2: :heart:

Now that sounds like a fun day! Of course any day that involves sweet fiends and ends with late night Kathy coffee can only be great. :wub:

Thursday was a b ig day for me. My 55th birthday, it seems like just yesterday I was 54 :rofl2: Got up and went over to TJ's for breakfast and visited with the usual suspects. Then it was time to get ready for my Birthday Tea. We all, well almost all met at Carol's. Not one of us had Monique's cell phone number so Carol got a hold of her on FB. She was waiting for us at the marina.Originally Ed was supposed to go to tea with us but he let Lorna take her place. Then Oldkoot backed out and made room for Missy. We told a little fib at the check in podium and got Kathy in with us too :banana:

Before we knew were seated and perusing the menu. I never realized there were so many different teas. What can I say I'm a Lipton kinda girl :rofl3: I ordered the Grand Tea which came with tea sandwiches, a scone with devonshire cream and a teeny tiny jar of jam and a strawberry tart. Followed by dessert, I chose the assorted pastries and since we were celebrating Lorna and my birthdays we got a choice of 3 pastries. I chose the chocolate eclair, a chocolate covered strawberry and a swan filled with pumpkin mousse. All three were very good but the swan was fantastic.

Our reservation was at 2 pm and we left the Tea Room at about 4:30. Then we set outside on the porch and visited even longer. We finally made it back to the Fort at about 6:30. We may have gotten there earlier but lucky us, we got the slow boat. :rofl2:

Changed clothes and made a grocery run and then headed over to Lorna's site for one last cook out. Rick (Carol's DH) made Toasted Almonds and all I can say is I can't have Stef's Punch, I'll take this in a heartbeat.

We sat and had another terrific visit and then it was time to say good bye. I was leaving in the morning. I started hugging all my Fiends and then the tears started rolling down my face. I cry when Stef leaves too. Saying good bye to one Fiend is hard but I had a dozen to bid farewell. It was just too much.

Went back to the MH and and broke camp then went to Bob's for one last visit. No tears yet but I will be seeing him and Kathy in the morning so all bets are off.

This was the best GG I have been to. I made so many new Fiends and got to spend time with some Fiends I consider family. It will be a memory I will hold onto forever. I will end this by saying if you get a chance to go to a Fiend GG, it will be some of the best times of your life. I can't wait until I can be with you all again. :heartsmiley:

I can't believe you cried, you big sissy! ;)

Sounds like the tea party went well. Glad you had a good birthday with some great people.

My last two fort visits have included you, I'm going to miss you next month. There just wasn't enough time to spend with everyone on this trip. I hope you can make it back soon.

Have a safe trip home, and I'm SURE I'll talk with you later! :heart:

Well this is it. We just left the Fort and are heading for home. I had an awesome week and can't wait to do it again. I am not ready to face winter but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I will be working on Mike to take me to Stone Mountain, so keep your fingers crossed. I am also working on getting back here for sometime in February.

What?

The week is over already?

That sure went fast!

I'm glad Ed backed out of going to the tea. He would have lost his man card for a long time if he had gone through with that.

I'm glad that you had a nice birthday, but having tea at the Grand Floridian ain't going to ever happen for old TCD.

Have a safe trip home. I hope to see you at the Fort again.

p.s. you make a mean meatball.

TCD

What?

The week is over already?

That sure went fast!

I'm glad Ed backed out of going to the tea. He would have lost his man card for a long time if he had gone through with that.

I'm glad that you had a nice birthday, but having tea at the Grand Floridian ain't going to ever happen for old TCD.

Have a safe trip home. I hope to see you at the Fort again.

p.s. you make a mean meatball.

TCD

Thanks ,Andrew. Trust me I will never see Mike at the Grand Floridian for tea either but it is something I will be doing every trip.

I'm glad you enjoyed the meatballs,

Thanks ,Andrew. Trust me I will never see Mike at the Grand Floridian for tea either but it is something I will be doing every trip.

I'm glad you enjoyed the meatballs,

The men should come up with something to do while the ladies go have tea.

Maybe shoot a deer and sit around roasting venison on sticks and drinking something out of Red Solo cups.

Something like that.

I was going to say fry up some of the fish that Bob is always catching, but everybody would be hungry with that plan.

TCD