MLM5's snarktastic Halloween 2011 Trip Report

Lou, any chance you can make it to Stone Mountain? That would clear up a few of your regrets.

We actually have a home in the Atlanta area so there is a very good chance that we'll be up there anyway.

We missed last years gathering by a couple of weeks. Wify wanted to be up there for Mothers day which didn't coincide with the GG.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, time to get this moving, more pictures less talk, I'm trying to resize the pictures and photobucket keeps freezing up so bear with me..

After a wonderful breakfast (one more picture of this little beauty)

IMG_2991.jpg

We decided to play on the playground by Trails End while Daddy went back to camp to get his flip flops (he wasn’t feeling the boots I guess) but as you can see the kids were thrilled..

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

Izzy was besides herself happy..

IMG_3003.jpg

Daddy was back and we headed to the front to catch a bus to Animal Kingdom. We enjoyed this park, but I have to tell you I think I had myself believing it was more than it is. The biggest attraction for me was Everest, which was awesome!! I had an issue with Dinoland.. I was surprised that you had to pay to play the games, like at a carnival, maybe I was just being overly sensitive but I paid a lot of money to get in there.. I refused to pay more money so the kids could shoot a water gun. The kids enjoyed their day but were more than ready to go by the end of the day. I'm sorry I've tried several times to resize but it's not working out so well. Here's some of my favorite pic's..

IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

My big burley honey bunny trying to figure out the stroller.. hehe..

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

Xan and Izzy wanted nothing to do with the characters this time..

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

We did do the safari after the parade but the animals were all pretty far away, no amazing pictures to share.

That was it for this day, we went back to camp, grilled some chicken and veggies (I know I've failed you on food pic's) and tried really hard to get a good night sleep..

Halloween Day

Our plans this day was to hang out at FW all day and enjoy the activities, however we woke up to a MONSOON!! Ok, maybe not a monsoon, but it sure was raining a lot. Remember those cheap tents I bought at Walmart? They Leaked. A lot. Everything was soaked. I almost had a breakdown but my dear sweet husband got on the phone, found a indoor playground for the kids and told me to go away. He took care of the water drama for me.. bless his heart! We ended up at a indoor inflatable place called "Monkey Joes" we don’t have one of those in Huntsville, and it was pretty cool..

IMG_3109.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3126.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

We stayed here a couple of hours, Daddy called and said the rain had stopped and he had everything all dried up so back we went..

Halloween night turned out to be awesome, in fact so awesome, that my doubty mufasa husband says that we should try and do that every year..that's coming up next!!

Looks like fun!! Actually, I think Madison Square or Parkway City (forget which) has a place like that now. Madison Square definitely has Glo Golf.

Can you tell I dont get out much? lol I'll have to check it out, Xan and Izzy LOVED the place

Late to the party again but I made it in time to not have much catching up to do. Those are some sweet looking kids.

Dont worry honey, I'm pretty slow as far as posting the ol' trip report goes, it took me a week to just get this much done :rofl2:

Can you tell I dont get out much? lol I'll have to check it out, Xan and Izzy LOVED the place

There is also Pump it Up on Leeman's Ferry, but looking at their website the only open playtime is during the week in the mornings. They seem to be focused more on birthday parties. JumpZone in Madison has open playtime on Saturdays. The place in the Madison Square Mall was there this summer. I haven't been over there in awhile so, I am not sure if it is still there.

We have a Monkey Joes here that my wife took the little ones to one time when I was out of town. They had a Groupon so it was a really good deal. Those places can be really great on rainy days. If only they had a bar....

There you have it Judy send the kiddos up to Franklin to play with Uncle Dave and Auntie Christy! :rofl2:

There you have it Judy send the kiddos up to Franklin to play with Uncle Dave and Auntie Christy! :rofl2:

Sure. What's another 5?

I'm sure Dave would attest.. after the 5th one.. it doesn't matter how many more you add.. they just kinda migrate and meld together.. :rofl2: but I will need that address please ..

Great pictures, Judy. Believe me I was feeling it for all the Fiends in tents that morning. It was coming down in sheets. But in true disney style the sun came out and we had a beautiful night for the kids to ToT. :)

Yes it did Cherie and this was probably our best Halloween EVAH!

Sounds like your husband was a sweetie that morning, you might want to keep him!

he does have his moments Rita, it took me this long to break him, no sense in trading him in now.. :rofl2:

OK, seriously time to do this thing!

Halloween

one word.. AWESOME!! It had a rough start with the rain and my melt down, but the afternoon couldn't have turned out to be anybetter. After we returned from Monkey Joe's we grabbed some pizza

from Trails End, dolled up the golf carts a little, dressed the babies and headed out for the evening. We found a great parking spot for the golf cart parade, we really enjoyed that and are hoping to enter

next year! Here are a few of my favorite pictures..

IMG_3137.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3145.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

Buzz checking the loot...

IMG_3178.jpg

we had a fabulous time, I ran into many fiends and it was wonderful. Carol gets the vote for most awesome stop just because she gave out cups of "happiness" to the adults..

We ended the day watching fireworks on the beach, I'm sorry we missed your potluck Lorna but we were pooped!!

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

IMG_3191.jpg

This turned out to be the most perfect day! I have to give props to fiends here, alot of "special" goodie bags were given out to the fiend kids and I thought that was super sweet. There was a bunch of the littler buggers!

Also, did anyone notice Dave's Snarky tie Dye shirt? LOL

HollyWood Studios

We enjoyed this day, Hollywood Studios is my second favorite place. We did almost everything we wanted to do, Xan's favorite ride was Toy Story Mania (I bet you figured that out already) This is the first year that I was able to do Rockin Roller coaster, I totally loved it and rode 4 times...the kids were ready to kill me. They aren't big into rides I'm afraid to say, but they entertained me. I really enjoyed the Great Movie ride, this was the first time I had done it. I noticed on the Backlot tour they didnt use audience members for the Harbor scene. Maybe because it was to cold? I thought that really took away from the fun of it. The only ride we used a fastpass for was Toy Story Mania, everything else we were able to walk on in a matter of a few minutes. Dave and I took the babies back to the Fort around 6 and the big kids and my cousin and her daughter stuck around for Fantasmic. It gave Dave and I a chance to have a little alone time while the babies were knocked out :heart: . Here's some of the better shots.

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

for the record I'm now Anti Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area.. that place was insane!!!

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

I dont remember these guys in the parade last year..

IMG_3262.jpg

All in all, a great day.. tomorrow is Epoct, I'd been waiting for this all week, FOOD & WINE!!

EPCOT!!

Ok, mommy and daddy were way more excited about his trip than the kids but again, they entertained me. Last year we spent a total of about 20 minutes in Epcot before Xan had a melt down and we left so they had no idea what to expect. Turned out they really enjoyed it. Actually, Epcot is more their speed than Hollywood Studios, they really enjoy, Nemo, Soarin and Space Ship Earth. My kids also like to eat so they enjoyed tasting the food as much as we did. I can't remember everywhere we ate but we sure hit alot of them. I have a few pictures, but after a few of the Cosmo slushies.. I kept forgetting to take pictures.. LOL

The babies started the morning off wide open..

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3300.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

IMG_3308.jpg

IMG_3309.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3318.jpg

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3344.jpg

Great day! We also ate funnel cakes, Beef Bulgogi and Pretzal with Sausage from Germany.. yea I told you we like to eat!

We definately plan on doing this next year, it was a nice casual slow paced day, we ate, we drank, we listened to some great music and we laughed. That's what it's all about :heart: .

You have a beautiful family. I was so happy to meet you, I hope we can spend more time together next year, and share a few adult beverages together. :dance:

Thank you, I'm rather fond of them. I'll be seeing you at Stone Mountain. Looks like DH will be in Russia but the kiddos and I will be there. I'll need a few beverages for sure.... :rofl2:

Still loving it Judy. The kids are adorable and it looks like they had a lot of fun!

Thanks Steph, they really did. This vacation was really good for us. We don't get alot of us time at home, between work, school, band, dance classes, and a ton of other crap, all we do is go go go all the time. Next trip we have already decided to only spend a few days in the parks and the rest at the Fort. That was our only regret. Not enough Fort time and definately not enough fiend time!