MLM5's snarktastic Halloween 2011 Trip Report

Hello fiends! This will be a short and to the point trip report. We had a fabulous time and I finally got to meet some fiends in person. All I can say that everyone exceeded my expectations and I have never felt so welcomed by group of people that I had technically not even met in person before. Whereas I didn’t get a lot of fiend time, I got enough to know that I want more! If your reading this and your skeptical that friendships can be formed online, I assure you they can. What you see here is what you get with the fiends, and that my friends is hard to find in the world today. Ok, enough with my sappiness, let’s get this train wreck rollin!

I left Huntsville on Friday night around 7:00 pm. Yes, a few hours later than planned. It took me that whole day to get everyone in order. I procrastinated terribly on the packing and I paid for it on this day. I did get to have a short fiend greet and meet in the parking lot of the local sports authority, Yvonne (momof3kids) graciously offered to let me use their fort approved fire pit for the trip. What a sweetheart and I’m looking forward to that drink Yvonne! I finally got everyone and everything loaded into the trailer, DH did his inspections to make sure I was good to go and off we went. I decided to take advantage of the kids sleeping so we drove ALL the way that night, I pulled into the FW checkin line at about 10 o’clock that morning. Tired wouldn’t even begin to cover it but I was so excited to be there I couldn’t even begin to think about sleeping. The check in process was relatively un eventful and we were told to pull into the over flow lot until our site was ready. I hadn’t yet heard from Kenny about the cart so I decided to give him a call, as I was dialing him, he called in. He said there had been a little mix up with my reservation and the six passenger cart wasn’t available. I almost had a OMG moment but he instead gave me 2 four passenger carts to make up for the mistake. This worked out well for me because I was traveling with my cousin and her little girl so we could go in separate directions which we ended up doing a lot. However, I would have had a problem had she not been on the trip. Any who, more about Kenny later on! He met up with us about 20 minutes after the first phone call, and away we went while waiting for our site. I saw LOTS of fiend signs while looping, no fiends just yet though. We finally got our text that we were assigned to 2019 and off we went to start the set up.

This was my second OMG moment of the day.. I FORGOT THE TENT POLES!!!! Yes, the poles. Now we have a 19 x 12 Coleman that fits my family perfectly. I was about to have a come apart and just in the nick of time.. a fiend shows up to save me from myself.. it was Stefa70 and her awesome hubby Trevor!! I’m sorry Genia and KFK, I didn’t get pictures, I was in such a tizzy.. lol We hugged like all good fiends do and chatted for a moment then I had to get back to figuring out how to accommodate everyone for the week so off to Walmart I went to buy a few tents. All they had was a few of the cheap ones. Just my luck. I bought two and headed back to camp. I was desperate to get everything done before hubby’s flight landed and he showed up to the hot mess that I was becoming :cupcake: I managed to have the set up done before he got there. Here’s a few random shots. I really didn’t do good with the picture taking this trip.

My sign..

IMG_2979.jpg

Babies are on the prowl..

IMG_2973-1.jpg

IMG_2980.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

We did Trails End take out that night for dinner, we had both types of pizza, chicken wings and the pulled pork sandwich. Pizza’s were good, the rest was to be desired. I like my wings crispy (these were not at all, the sauce was great though) and the pulled pork was really dry but at this point in the game, I was ready to eat dirt so I’m not complaining. I know I took pictures but apparently they “have been lost” in the shuffle.. sorry!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great start! Sorry about the tent poles. Here is a trick I learned for tent camping. Ditch the tent. bag and get a bin. Load eerything ing the bin as you would when packing up. Linens and air mattress in the bottom then rainfly, then tent and poles and stakes and groundcloth on the top. That way it all stays together and comes out of the bin in the order you need it!! Then the bin becomes a night stand.

Animal Kingdom Day

We decided to try the buffet at Trails End for breakfast this morning, huge hit with everyone. Here are some pic’s…

Not quite awake yet..

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

And I’m not exactly sure what you call this thing but OMG it was good..

IMG_2991.jpg

A special treat this morning for me.. I got to meet the famous TCD in person!! He was grabbing his morning coffee and we were trying to figure out which door to go in. He is even more handsome in person and I felt like a shy little girl meeting a celebrity.. He spotted my snarky shirt and came over and introduced himself. We both had missions to complete in opposite directions so it was a brief meeting but then it happened.. right there on the steps of Trails End .. I got spiked! Seriously Andrew it was a pleasure and thank you for the spike. I have great plans for it and I’ll be sure to share pictures of the finished project.

coming soon.. our day at AK and my snaky side makes a appearance..

Great start Judy!! You did look a little tired when I found you, but extra cute and cuddly in your jammies. :)

I so wish we would have had more time together (this is becoming a theme in everyone's Halloween TR's) I didn't get to see the big kids much at all, but the two little ones are adorable. I hope they are not too traumatized after spending a few hours at my site.

I hope hubby had a good time, and is getting into the camping spirit now.

Judy, great start on your TR. I think all the fiends feel the same way. It's like we have know each other for years, even thou some of us never met in person. When we do it's a great bonus. I am so sorry that we didn't get to spend more time with you, but I know there will be a next time. Going to put a feeler on here for a GG in Gattlenbug for July 4th

Great start! Sorry about the tent poles. Here is a trick I learned for tent camping. Ditch the tent. bag and get a bin. Load eerything ing the bin as you would when packing up. Linens and air mattress in the bottom then rainfly, then tent and poles and stakes and groundcloth on the top. That way it all stays together and comes out of the bin in the order you need it!! Then the bin becomes a night stand.

You really do have the best idea's, DH and I have been talking about this week and he is in agreement it's probably time we look into upgrading from the tent. We got SOAKED on Halloween morning.. it was a real downer but of course, it passed as all things do when your at the fort!

Great start Judy!! You did look a little tired when I found you, but extra cute and cuddly in your jammies. :)

I so wish we would have had more time together (this is becoming a theme in everyone's Halloween TR's) I didn't get to see the big kids much at all, but the two little ones are adorable. I hope they are not too traumatized after spending a few hours at my site.

I hope hubby had a good time, and is getting into the camping spirit now.

Thanks Steph, feel free to cuddle me at anytime LOL. Yes the big kids spent almost every extra moment at the pool with my cousin so other than Halloween night, they didnt get to meet to many people. They did have a blast in the 2000 loop with Lorretta's kids however!

Dave is definitely sold on the fort and this whole camping thing. He really had a good time with you guys and even went to see you a few times after I was already down with the babies but your lights were off, he is looking forward to our next trip. In fact, looks like we will be backing our annual mom/dad trip down there in April I think it's the last weekend, will you guys be around then?

Judy, that was barbecue Eggs Benedict! Awesome stuff! I had several this trip as we usually start our (late) morning at Trails End.

We missed breakfast almost everyday after that but man, that sure is on my must do list from this point forward!

I missed you when you were gone. :( I have gotten so used to reading your posts on here. I can't wait to read more about your trip, but inquiring minds do want to know...Is there any video of your table dancing? :rofl2:

Awww, thanks dear! No video's of table dancing, I only got liquored up enough once and that was on Steph's punch. Three red solo cups and I was done!! Watch out though, you and I are due a girls night out.. we both might be making video's of table dancing!! :rofl2:

It wouldn't be a vacation without a couple of snafus. Glad everything worked out. We definitely need to spend more time together. Fair warning it won't be in the mornings. :rofl2:

ditto on the mornings! :heartsmiley:

Judy, great start on your TR. I think all the fiends feel the same way. It's like we have know each other for years, even thou some of us never met in person. When we do it's a great bonus. I am so sorry that we didn't get to spend more time with you, but I know there will be a next time. Going to put a feeler on here for a GG in Gattlenbug for July 4th

Your right Lorna, it was so awesome finally meeting you in person. I was impressed that you remembered my plight to sell DH on camping. The great news is he is hooked and looking forward to the next trip. You and all the fiends were awesome and so welcoming. I would LOVE to see everyone in Gatlinburg on the 4th, that was our plan anyway, we would definitely be in on that one!

Carol is probably the most organized camper I know. I always say tent campers are real campers because they have everything you can imagine in those plastic totes.

Wow! Right on the steps of Trails End?? And I thought Disney was a family friendly place....

:rofl2: I used to think that too. I think it now depends on which fiends are there at the same time.

Our trips are always full of mishaps of some sort. It always makes for a great story later though! :rofl2:

Looking forward to hearing the rest! :popcorn:

Mishaps here too ... last four trips: dog gets pancreatitis on the way to the fort, I fell in MK and bruised a bone in my leg, fridge door fell off, dog has grand mal seizures ... what's next?

I'm looking forward to hearing the rest too.

You are off to a great start!

I admire how you drove through the night and then were able to set up a great campsite! Very impressive!

Can't wait for more.

Yes, same here!

I didn't realize that your DH flew in.

That is pretty awesome that you did that all.

I'm glad that you had a great trip and that your DH was convinced. I think there was a bit too much rain there at the beginning of your trip, but I'm glad that it cleared up for the rest of it.

It was great to meet you (both the first and second time).

TCD

Yes, same here!

I'm glad that you had a great trip and that your DH was convinced. I think there was a bit too much rain there at the beginning of your trip, but I'm glad that it cleared up for the rest of it.

TCD

It turns out my DH flew in on the same flight!! Us North Alabama Gals have it goin on!!!!

Judy, I'm so glad I got to meet you and your family! I felt like a stalker until you got there! I'm glad the trip went well and DH is convinced!

Same here Rita, but keep on stalking, I love it! :heart:

:yay: I don't know how I missed the start of this TR!? You're off to a great start!!! Our trips are always full of mishaps of some sort. It always makes for a great story later though! :rofl2:

Looking forward to hearing the rest! :popcorn:

yes, it does, do you know how many times this week I've heard... "I Can't believe you forgot the tent poles???" LOL

Mishaps here too ... last four trips: dog gets pancreatitis on the way to the fort, I fell in MK and bruised a bone in my leg, fridge door fell off, dog has grand mal seizures ... what's next?

I'm looking forward to hearing the rest too.

Shew lawdy, all that makes my mishaps seem pretty darn insignificant, here's some pixie dust for you next trip, may it be smooth sailing! :fairydust:

Ok Judy. I'm home for the long cold winter. Get busy girl, the TR's are the only thing that will get me through. :)

Sorry Babe! I knew I shouldnt have started this thing until it was completely finsihed.. I have the attention span of a nat as you know and between work and the kids, I knew I'd be dragging

You are off to a great start!

I admire how you drove through the night and then were able to set up a great campsite! Very impressive!

Can't wait for more.

Well thank you sir, I was so excited to be back at the fort, sleep wasnt really an option. I did crash for about 14 hours when we finally did get back home though.. Thank God for Disney channel and the papa johns delivery guy.. :rofl2:

Yes, same here!

TCD

Thank you TCD, yes the rain was a little rough the first couple of days, we ended up leaving the campgroud for a while as I had to "walk a way" for a calming moment, I'll tell you more about that soon. I ran into your beautiful daughters several different occassions. I didnt want to "freak" them out, do they know their dad is a legend? Nice meeting you to, maybe next time we will have a chance to chat a little more.

It turns out my DH flew in on the same flight!! Us North Alabama Gals have it goin on!!!!

That's funny! Dave would have loved to known Rick then, he was bored to death on the flight. Rick was the first fiend to come up to Dave and offer him food so he has a special place in his heart. LOL

and why yes, I do believe us N AL gals do alright :heartsmiley:

I stalked your site a number of times after the quick meeting at the Potluck, but no luck.

That's one of the regrets.

Ah, well next time for sure. I think Dave and I will be back in April for our mommy/daddy trip. Our oldest is doing a school band workshop at Epcot and we'd like to see his concert as well. He will be to busy with that and his friends to spend time with us so maybe we can work out a dinner? I'd love to meet your lovely wife and buddy :)