TCD's Halloween 2011 Trip Report

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well here it comes! TCD's 12th Trip Report here on FF.net! I returned from the Fort almost a week ago, but I am just now getting around to getting this one kicked-off. I took me a while to come up wit

Hey TCD your one gator didn't stand up very well to the rain did it? I think I took this picture on Saturday when we were looping... maybe they all had too much of Stefa's punch? They seem to be lean

I agree, they should not sell Disney Princess costumes in old lady sizes. And that's all I have to say about that. Also, Andrew, you may want to position the two FSU blowups beside each other rather t

Posted Images

I lived through the 70's, Kim. It was drink first ask questions later. :rofl2:

I was born in the 70's, might explain why my parents quit drinking? :rofl2:

And I didn't realize that drink first ask question later had changed...... :wave1:

I was born in the 70's, might explain why my parents quit drinking? :rofl2:

And I didn't realize that drink first ask question later had changed...... :wave1:

I am pretty sure that drinking is how one of my parents got me as well.... the other one just believed he'd take care of the BC.

The drink first actually leads to NOT asking questions later.... I am pretty sure a guy made up that rule.

Saturday at 5:00? THAT'S why I missed it! Darn those fort higher-ups for causing me to miss the pet costume contest.

The "baby" golden retriever... :heart: :heart: Adorable!!!

I will also refrain from commenting on Snow White. I do believe this woman was Walts model for the original movie. You were in the company of a celebrity and didn't even know it!

I would also like to add that CM Amanda looks like a young boy. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

As luck would have it, they arrived back just in time for the Terrible Tattoo activity at the pool.

We headed straight there.

There was quite a crowd.

I guess free Terrible Tattoos are popular.

Here's a shot of the line waiting for the tattoo application. That's Jenna there to the right, and my sister in the orange shirt looking at the camera:

IMG_0403.jpg

TCD

I was surprised when we stopped by the tattoo event there were no Disney tattoos! Boo on Disney! I don't want some generic tattoo...

Saturday at 5:00? THAT'S why I missed it! Darn those fort higher-ups for causing me to miss the pet costume contest.

What did you have going on at 5:00?

I know it's always 5:00 at your campsite so it couldn't have been because it was punch time.

I would also like to add that CM Amanda looks like a young boy. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

She sure did.

I said earlier that she was like a young Ellen DeGeneris, but with dark hair and a weirdly deep voice.

I know there's nothing wrong with that, and she was as nice as can be, but it was a little weird.

OMG, I thought the same thing. :rofl2:

Me too.

TCD

I was surprised when we stopped by the tattoo event there were no Disney tattoos! Boo on Disney! I don't want some generic tattoo...

I'm going to agree with you on this- I think we got a shark and a wolf or something. They were kind of cool, because they were designed to go along the index finger and thumb, so a kid could make his hand look like a shark was trying to bite you.

Remember, they advertised this as Terrible Tattoos.

You can't say they lied about what was going on here.

TCD

What did you have going on at 5:00?

TCD

Saturday @ 5:00, I was either on my way out of the House of Blues, or peeing in the palmettos.

I knew there had to be a good reason for missing the contest, you're right, even I couldn't have missed all those people across the road. ::)

Saturday @ 5:00, I was either on my way out of the House of Blues, or peeing in the palmettos.

I knew there had to be a good reason for missing the contest, you're right, even I couldn't have missed all those people across the road. ::)

Oh, OK.

Well, then you had more fun doing that than you would have at the pet parade.

Except for the cuts you got in places that shall not be mentioned.

TCD

Andrew,

herbie has $800 dollars of fresh batteries so he's ready to go. Here's a question that may have been answered in the past. Does your Girls know that there is a #1 twin and a #2 twin? Did they ever fight who got the #1 title? Just curious. Keep the good report coming

I agree, they should not sell Disney Princess costumes in old lady sizes. And that's all I have to say about that.

Also, Andrew, you may want to position the two FSU blowups beside each other rather than one behind the other next time. The expression on the face of the one hunched over is suspicious.

Check out Nicholas in this photo. He got tired of watching the dogs, and found something more interesting:

IMG_0434.jpg

It's a stick! How fun! He quickly tried to whack a couple of dogs with it. Just as quickly, my sister jumped in to stop him. What a funsucker she is!:

IMG_0435.jpg

After reading Nicholas' intro to the cast of characters... and after seeing that first picture, I thought he was gonna whack that dude in the shin, or even worse trip him up.... Priceless!

PB080441.jpg

My DD asked me to post this....Just to show you are not alone. 8)

Go Dawgs!

Tell your DD I like that one!

My FSU DD wants the FSU one, but the campus bookstore has been out of them. It is pretty lame, though. It's just a bear with a feather. I don't know why the didn't use Renegade (that's the horse at all the FSU football games).

Congratulations on your team's win this year. In a way I'm glad. It will keep Richt there, and then UF can break off another chain of wins as soon as our new coach figures out what he's doing.

Andrew,

herbie has $800 dollars of fresh batteries so he's ready to go. Here's a question that may have been answered in the past. Does your Girls know that there is a #1 twin and a #2 twin? Did they ever fight who got the #1 title? Just curious. Keep the good report coming

Hooray for Herbie! That's great news. That will make you easy to find!

Yeah, twin #1 knows she is older by 8 minutes. And she never lets twin #2 forget it. Which isn't really a great deal for twin #2. If we had the chance to do it over, we would tell them that they were born at the exact same time (what do they know?).

I agree, they should not sell Disney Princess costumes in old lady sizes. And that's all I have to say about that.

Also, Andrew, you may want to position the two FSU blowups beside each other rather than one behind the other next time. The expression on the face of the one hunched over is suspicious.

I agree with both of your points. In fact, the next time, I'm keeping those two FSU guys far away from each other. They were making me uncomfortable with some of the things I found them doing to each other. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'm going to take the contrarian view. You know what I think of Snow White. But I like that woman's spunk. She's living life without regard for what others think. And clearly, she's doing it with a whole lot of scotch.

LOL!

I think you secretly enjoy seeing your girlfriend looking like that.

Many things can be said. Pending...

OK.

I guess that's better than those dumb geese that you kept posting in my last report.

Which I just remembered I meant to ask you about when I saw you.

I forgot.

Dang.

It was good seeing you again. I hope you enjoyed your trip.

After reading Nicholas' intro to the cast of characters... and after seeing that first picture, I thought he was gonna whack that dude in the shin, or even worse trip him up.... Priceless!

Yeah, that Nicholas has a little evil streak in him.

There will be some more Nicholas stories and photos, as he stayed with us Saturday night, too.

I hate to be a pain but................

Smiley_WaitingSign.gif

I'm having a serious case of TCD withdrawals! :P

I hear you.

I'm working on it.

There will be another installment coming up this afternoon.

I promise.

TCD

OK- Stef is having TCD withdrawals, so it's time for another update.

It is still Saturday, October 29th.

We had just witnessed the pet parade.

And, it was time to move on to our evening plans.

First, since we were right there, I stopped to get some photos of the decorations on Site 301. The owner of these had a lot of the decorations covered up for the rain.

This guy has been on this site for the past three Halloweens now. He actually came in first last year.

I had a couple of chats with him this year. He added a whole bunch of pirate decorations as well as a syncronized light show for night time viewing. Since he won last year, and since he had made a few additions and improvements this year, I sure thought he would be the front runner for the site decorating contest.

I'll let you know a little later how he did, after we have a chance to see some of the other decorations.

This Captain Jack was a new addition this year:

IMG_0436.jpg

And so was the treasure chest:

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

The guillotine was there last year. The guy told me last year that this was a special piece that he had worked on with his grandson. It was in a more prominent place this year:

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

The plans for Saturday evening were that the twins and I would be going to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot, and my sister and Nicholas would stay back at camp to enjoy the campfire, roast some marshmallows, and chill. Nicholas had been up late for the MNSSHP party on Friday night, and he had not had a nap on Saturday. My sister predicted he would no make it far into the night.

Even though my sister had been to Fort Wilderness with us years ago before Nicholas was born, we took her by the campfire before we went back to the campsite so she would know how to get there and where to park.

While we were there, twin #1 thought it would be fun to do donuts around the fire pit.

She was right- it was fun.

I guess they need to put up a sign prohibiting this now that they put pavement around the fire pits:

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

We hung out back at camp for a little while before heading off to Epcot.

Here's twin #1 with Nicholas for a photo shoot in the official TCD hammock:

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

Are there any Toddlers and Tiaras fans in the house?

We watch the show occasionally.

That is some funny stuff there.

But awfully repetitive.

Anyway, Twin #1 thought it would be funny to teach Nicholas some sassy model poses, and this is what we got:

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

So there you go.

That kid is a bit of a ham, no?

From here, my sister dropped us off for the Epcot bus, and she hung back.

We had an absolute great time at the Food and Wine Festival. I have to say that the weather was absolutely perfect- no rain, and cool, but not cold, with no humidity. Awesome. We stopped at all of the booths we missed during our trip earlier in the month. My favorties this time around were the Fisherman's Pie in Ireland and the Coq A Vin in France. I don't know why I didn't take many photos during this Epcot visit, but I didn't. Here's one in Belgium. The girls tried the waffle and loved it:

IMG_0450.jpg

The band playing tonight was Sister Hazel. They are from Gainesville. As a Florida Alum, you would think I know all about them, but I don't know a thing about them. They apparently formed in the 90's. I was long gone by then. My youngest sister is a fan, though, so we stopped and listened for a while:

IMG_0452.jpg

I was surprised the the Food and Wine Festival was not packed on this beautiful Saturday night, but it wasn't. We made our way around World Showcase, and stopped for the Shrimp Cake, another couple of Nuerneberg sausages, some Korean food, BBQ chicken from China, and Swedish meatballs. We finished up at the dessert booth, and that was it for us.

We had planned on staying later, but we were done!

So, we bused it back to the Fort.

I am not a fan of the new location of the Fort's bus stop in Epcot.

The original plan was for us to call my sister when we got back, and she would pick us up at the Outpost, but we just took a bus back to our site. When we got there, I was surprised that my sister and Nicholas weren't there. She came by in a few minutes on the golf cart. Nicholas was asleep with his head on her lap, and she had been out looping. She put him in bed, and that was all we saw of him for the rest of the night.

We did a little late night looping, and did some visiting on the 500 loop. S70 and Trevor were pouring the punch again, and Donnie and some other Fiends were hanging out there. Also, S70 presented me with a gift! It was a great UF troll! I'll have a photo of it to share a bit later. How do you like that? I liked it a lot!

We made sure to check out all of the Halloween decorations at night. The folks on the last inside site of the 1000 loop had a great display. They are also repeat decorators. They have not missed a Halloween in years. They had also added some things to their display. Here is one of the new things they added. It was a box that a kid stood behind, and acted like a mannequin. When folks walked up to him, or touched him to see if he was real, he would scare them. Since I used a flash to take this photo, you can see how the illusion worked- there is a mirror there in the box. But, in the dark lighting, you couldn't tell that there was a mirror there. The effect really worked, and this kid did a great job scaring people. The girl to the side is his sister. After we hung around a while, they broke character and talked to us. The boy doing the scaring was only 9 years old. He really did a great job:

IMG_0453.jpg

These folks had also won the site decorating contest before, but last year, they came in second place. I'll let you know how they did this year after I post some more photos of decorations.

Our Saturday night finished up right around here.

Next up, it's Sunday.

And I am up with the sun!

This is when I solved that mystery I mentioned earlier- so you will want to check back for that.

TCD

ThanksSmileyWords01.gif

Just got back from dinner, and my evening is complete now.

I can personally attest to the guy in 301 having a nightly light & music show. :))

This has got to be my favorite installment of the whole report. The pictures of twin #1 and Nicholas are excellent, her teaching him sassy poses is hysterical, but her doing donuts around the fire pit is priceless!!!

Looking forward to hearing about the mystery solving. ( But, I promise I won't be impatient...unless you wait too long.)