TCD's Halloween 2011 Trip Report

Awww, please don't judge Mason on your first impression. He hadn't gotten any rest due to his owners late night partying, there were strangers in and out of the rv for days, and he hated Halloween! Not only did the decorations freak him out, so did the costumes. Lorna walked up to him in a witch hat, and he growled at her. I had to put him inside for TOTing, as I had never seen him act like that. I'm sure if you came by on a normal visit, he would love you. (he likes Donnie, that should prove how tolerant he is ;))

Nicholas is adorable, though I'm glad your sister didn't leave him in your care too long. The finger in the door, no big deal, he has nine other ones. The knife wielding could have been another story. When you have big kids, it's hard to remember how active and inquisitive the little ones are. I would have been right out there splashing in the puddles with him!

I love that your girls still do goofy crafts and such! Next time, they can come play with Auntie Stef, I can play and be goofy with the best of them!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well here it comes! TCD's 12th Trip Report here on FF.net! I returned from the Fort almost a week ago, but I am just now getting around to getting this one kicked-off. I took me a while to come up wit

Hey TCD your one gator didn't stand up very well to the rain did it? I think I took this picture on Saturday when we were looping... maybe they all had too much of Stefa's punch? They seem to be lean

I agree, they should not sell Disney Princess costumes in old lady sizes. And that's all I have to say about that. Also, Andrew, you may want to position the two FSU blowups beside each other rather t

Posted Images

TCD will this be a long trip report? I hope you have some great new adventures to tell and show

No, I just think it will be a typical length TCD trip report.

Longer than some.

But shorter than a KFK report.

Well, I guess that doesn't help much- all trip reports are shorter than a KFK report.

I guess we will just have to see how this one plays out.

And BTW- Where the heck were you?

I thought you were going to be there for Halloween.

You forgot © I am a true fiend or

(d) all of the above.

Good one!

Hey- I just found out that if you type a b and a parenthesis, it makes this smiley- B)

TCD

Awww, please don't judge Mason on your first impression. He hadn't gotten any rest due to his owners late night partying, there were strangers in and out of the rv for days, and he hated Halloween! Not only did the decorations freak him out, so did the costumes. Lorna walked up to him in a witch hat, and he growled at her. I had to put him inside for TOTing, as I had never seen him act like that. I'm sure if you came by on a normal visit, he would love you. (he likes Donnie, that should prove how tolerant he is ;))

Nicholas is adorable, though I'm glad your sister didn't leave him in your care too long. The finger in the door, no big deal, he has nine other ones. The knife wielding could have been another story. When you have big kids, it's hard to remember how active and inquisitive the little ones are. I would have been right out there splashing in the puddles with him!

I love that your girls still do goofy crafts and such! Next time, they can come play with Auntie Stef, I can play and be goofy with the best of them!

I thought Mason was great- he loved the girls. He might be smarter than you think about being wary of me. The thing that bugs me though is that I remember you saying how much he liked Donnie. How could Mason like Donnie better than me?

I actually did splash in the puddle some with Nicholas. Why not? I know it's been a while since my kids were that age, but I don't remember them going for the knives, and opening stuff that was latched shut and that type of thing. That boy is just like my little brother. He used to climb up stuff, and pour bleach on the carpet, and paint on the walls, and that type of thing.

My girls love to do crafts. We will definitely arrange for some craft time on the next trip. Trevor and I can drink some beers and watch.

TCD

I'm a slacker but in my defense, I am posting this while riding in the truck. I will be meeting a fiend in a matter of minutes. Crazemama26 is about to take delivery of her brand spanking new golf cart trailer.

Just let me say it was a pleasure to meet you and your girls. Next time I hope we can visit longer.

Now I am ready and waiting, so on with the show. :)

Loving the report already!

Glad my dad and I got to meet you, my dad said you should come over and watch football next time and have a beer... except he only drinks "bud heavy" thats normal Budweiser... as opposed to Bud Light for you "young just graduated a million years ago out of college guys" ;-) Kidding... except not really! Ok i'll stop with the mean jokes now. My dad is not up to date on beer terminology, our waitress in Gainesville asked my dad if he wanted a bud heavy and this was my dads face :beer: he thought it meant a bigger beer! So I hope you like Bud Heavy ???

Back on topic: I agree with your twins, I like being by all the action and hearing the busses... Disney busses just sound better than non-Disney busses :)

And your nephew is adorable! I cannot wait to have a child (well I can but you know) and have them raised a "Fort Kid" like your daughters :) I would love to meet your daughters... I bet they know some of the same people (and teachers) I know!

Before I could break out the rest of the decorations, it was already time for the Mummy Wrap relay.

Unless I missed them, no one has posted any photos from the Mummy Wrap relay.

Well, I have some.

Actually, many.

And you will be able to see them in the very next post!

TCD

TCD

we didn't do many of the Fort's activities this year but I remember last year we did go to the Mummy Wrap. My DD had a blast wrapping all that TP around and then shedding it as she ran the race. I was surprised the field was cleaned up so fast after the event. Like it never happened...

Yeah- you have to be quick to beat S70 when it comes to anything TCD related.

Not bad, though.

And, while you're here- weren't you supposed to be visiting the Fort on Halloween so you could prove to Lou and others that you actually exist?

TCD

Yeah we wanted to be there for Halloween but with the upcoming wedding (its on Saturday) and already planned Disney trips we decided we'd better stay home and save some money. We did that whole responsible thing, which I'm not a big fan of when it comes to traveling and Disney!

WBI

I'm a slacker but in my defense, I am posting this while riding in the truck. I will be meeting a fiend in a matter of minutes. Crazemama26 is about to take delivery of her brand spanking new golf cart trailer.

Just let me say it was a pleasure to meet you and your girls. Next time I hope we can visit longer.

Now I am ready and waiting, so on with the show. :)

Hey Cherie/Doodle- You are no slacker- you did your trip report as you lived it- I have never done that.

It was great to meet you too.

I think I already said it somewhere, but thanks for letting me sample your meatballs at the potluck- they were great! You are a very good cook.

Be sure to check back on this report- I know that I have at least one photo of you and a certain very tan man with very white teeth.

Somehow, I'm sure that we will meet up at the Fort again.

Loving the report already!

Glad my dad and I got to meet you, my dad said you should come over and watch football next time and have a beer... except he only drinks "bud heavy" thats normal Budweiser... as opposed to Bud Light for you "young just graduated a million years ago out of college guys" ;-) Kidding... except not really! Ok i'll stop with the mean jokes now. My dad is not up to date on beer terminology, our waitress in Gainesville asked my dad if he wanted a bud heavy and this was my dads face :beer: he thought it meant a bigger beer! So I hope you like Bud Heavy ???

Back on topic: I agree with your twins, I like being by all the action and hearing the busses... Disney busses just sound better than non-Disney busses :)

And your nephew is adorable! I cannot wait to have a child (well I can but you know) and have them raised a "Fort Kid" like your daughters :) I would love to meet your daughters... I bet they know some of the same people (and teachers) I know!

OK- the next time we are at the Fort together, I will come over and drink beer with your dad. You don't need to twist my arm. And, I'm not sure, but I may be older than he is. Not that it makes any difference.

Yes, you should hang out with the TCD DD's. They would have a lot of fun with you, and I'm sure they do know a lot of people you know.

TCD

we didn't do many of the Fort's activities this year but I remember last year we did go to the Mummy Wrap. My DD had a blast wrapping all that TP around and then shedding it as she ran the race. I was surprised the field was cleaned up so fast after the event. Like it never happened...

Yep. Not much new with the Mummy Wrap- it's still just a big mess of TP- but they did mix things up just a little this year. You'll see.

Yeah we wanted to be there for Halloween but with the upcoming wedding (its on Saturday) and already planned Disney trips we decided we'd better stay home and save some money. We did that whole responsible thing, which I'm not a big fan of when it comes to traveling and Disney!

WBI

Wow! It's this Saturday.

Run!

J/K

Congratulations.

Enjoy your last few days of being single.

I wish you and the Camping Princess all the best.

Mrs. TCD and I were just discussing the fact that Seaside's Wine Festival was this past weekend. A friend of hers who lives in Seaside posted photos on her Facebook account from the weekend. Oh, were we jealous. I hope this nice weather sticks around for you.

Oh, and I don't know when I will be "talking" to you again, so let me say congratulations to your team (LSU) on its huge win on Saturday.

TCD

Wow! It's this Saturday.

Run!

J/K

Congratulations.

Enjoy your last few days of being single.

I wish you and the Camping Princess all the best.

Mrs. TCD and I were just discussing the fact that Seaside's Wine Festival was this past weekend. A friend of hers who lives in Seaside posted photos on her Facebook account from the weekend. Oh, were we jealous. I hope this nice weather sticks around for you.

Oh, and I don't know when I will be "talking" to you again, so let me say congratulations to your team (LSU) on its huge win on Saturday.

TCD

Haha thanks! We can't wait for the weekend to actually be here!

That wine festival looks great we want to try it out one year. We've been watching the weather and we can't wait to get up there to enjoy it! It should be a little cooler but not to cold which will be great!

Thanks for the LSU congrats too, that was a heck of a game, I kept waiting for a big offensive play but neither defense would allow it, that was some big D going on.

Hey Andrew, we know the place and we know the date, we can ride together.

I haven't crashed a wedding in a long time.

Come on Magicbus!

We won't have enough chairs but we'll have plenty of fun!

You know I keep telling people to just show up, I'm going to be in trouble if people actually do it, lol. Don't tell CP.

WBI

Because of the rain, we hadn't set up any of our decorations yet.

We started with our Mickey Dracula, which Nicholas thought was pretty cool:

IMG_0323.jpg

Hey TCD your one gator didn't stand up very well to the rain did it? I think I took this picture on Saturday when we were looping...

maybe they all had too much of Stefa's punch? They seem to be leaning, especially vampire Mickey, if it wasn't for the tree he'd be hugging the ground!

2896867080103788249S600x600Q85.jpg

Andrew,

Great to see another report from you so soon from the last one. I guess you snuck this one in early today and missed getting on the first page. I'm glad you liked your site number. We always get worried about getting one of the sites that back up to the main road with our little ones. Luckily that hasn't happened yet. It does stink that you pay extra for a premium site and get asphalt on 3 sides of you. I guess if the site was reversed you would be battleing with site 617 as best site on property...lol We will be there Thanksgiving week. Hope to see you there and maybe actually take in a beverage this time.

I hate that work is crimping my Fiend activities. I didn't make it in until page 3. But, another week of work and then I'm off for 12 days! What should I do with that time?? :jumpforjoy

Post a Trevor & Bruce Unrequited Love TR?

No, I just think it will be a typical length TCD trip report.

Longer than some.

But shorter than a KFK report.

Well, I guess that doesn't help much- all trip reports are shorter than a KFK report.

Hey! That's not right! Are you taking a jab at me?

I tried to end the TR after a month but they all kept singing that dang song!!! AND posting their own photos. :rofl2:

Anyhoo....that one is finally over and we can get to the real TR. So there. :raspberry2:

Post a Trevor & Bruce Unrequited Love TR?

Ummm.... I tried to think of something witty but I got nuttin'. :flush2:

Hey TCD your one gator didn't stand up very well to the rain did it? I think I took this picture on Saturday when we were looping...

maybe they all had too much of Stefa's punch? They seem to be leaning, especially vampire Mickey, if it wasn't for the tree he'd be hugging the ground!

:rofl2: NOW I know where those 8 gallons of punch went!

The twins were four when I bought the camper.

They never got into any of the stuff that Nicholas did in just that one morning.

On my watch, Nicholas slammed his finger in the door and got himself a nice big knife out of a drawer in the galley. Luckily, my sister got back while he was still alive.

Here is Nicholas:

IMG_0305.jpg

TCD

Page 3 already?? Man I am slacking!

You are off to a great start!

I bet you forgot what it was like having a little one around the campsite. And Nicholas looks so innocent, there's no way he got into any mischief. :)

Can't wait for more.

Great start!!!! It was great meeting you. I still think our site 515 should be put on the worst site list. We had sidewalk, comfort station and main road.

It was great to meet you, too. I agree with you about 515. It may even be more magnificently bad than 617, just not as visible.

The one redeeming thing about 515 is that it does have a nice "backyard," and it is not right on top of the main road like 617.

But, the sidewalk next to 515 has a lot more foot traffic all day long than the sidewalk next to 617,

As we discussed, I have an idea to start a site Hall of Shame thread. I have hesitated with that though, because I don't want newbies coming along and trying to take all of the good sites.

Hey Andrew, we know the place and we know the date, we can ride together.

I haven't crashed a wedding in a long time.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again: You, sir, are a genius!

What a great idea.

I know exactly where the wedding is, and it's one of my favorite places to visit.

I will swing by your place on Saturday morning, and we will hit the road!

I think there are a few more Fiends located along the way. Maybe we could pick them up too.

Yay, another TCD trip report! Missed this Halloween, but lived vicariously through all the other trip reports. Can't wait to read more!

Yep, you missed a good one, Lynn.

But your sister and Jeff sure had a great time!

Come on Magicbus!

We won't have enough chairs but we'll have plenty of fun!

You know I keep telling people to just show up, I'm going to be in trouble if people actually do it, lol. Don't tell CP.

WBI

Ah, man.

Why did you have to invite Lou.

Now we can't crash the wedding!

Lou, cancel Saturday.

Yes, it was quite windy at times over the weekend.

Those Seminole inflatables started doing funny things with each other.

I did a better job staking everything after this.

And, I'm sorry to say that my vampire Mickey is not doing very well. I think he needs a new motor. That tree was holding him up, and it wasn't doing that good of a job.

TCD