T@BS and Fiends and Spooks, Oh My! Oct 25 - Nov 6

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm on it, it might be spring but I am on it lol Just keep you know who from running it over while on the phone!

:jumpforjoy This report has made my favorites list of TR's. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the last few installments especially!!!! :heartsmiley: I hope your kids never see this post. If they do I hope they are

Here we go!!! As I said, some of my T@B friends actually came over to Disney after St. Augustine for a few days, and we decided to get together Friday night at DTD. Apparently, a LOT of you met them,

Thanks for all the wonderful comments folks!!! It was a great trip!!!

Also, I can't believe I forgot this!!!!

I was spiked by TCD!!!!!!

IMG_20111118_183358.jpg

Thanks Andrew!!!!!

No wonder someone else on somewhere else didn't know who this was from.. TCD's writing is a neat as mine.

No wonder someone else on somewhere else didn't know who this was from.. TCD's writing is a neat as mine.

Yup, I've been lurking on this TR Carol, nice job.

And, whatever happened to that someone else, YensidCamper?

Was he a troll? Maybe we were to Snarky for him?

I think he should return the spike if he's going to stay on the other board. Why did he even post here?

I think he should return the spike if he's going to stay on the other board. Why did he even post here?

Well to be honest with you (after doing a little investigating) there could be a couple of things that happened. It appears that there could be a few different YensidCamper's on the web. There is a chance they could have been two different people. And my best guess would be after their last post there they were banned and could have no idea why if they weren't the YensidCamper from here. Crap lets be honest if they banned them for this it is pretty sad (I don't think that would ever happen here):

11-24-2011, 09:21 AM

YensidCamper

Mouseketeer

mickeymousehat.gif

Happy Thanksgiving from the Fort. Many open spots in 2000 loop. Very surprised. I have not seen any grren ears yet but did have someone leave us a note with a railroad spike that said you have been spiked with mickey ears and a P inside the circle. Anyone heard of that before?

Posting with a phone is tough. I will post again soon.

Edited by Gots2pitt

Actually, I usually do a pretty good job printing.

I must have had too much punch before I wrote that note.

I have to admit, it's pretty bad.

Agreed.

I feel used.

But, if the guy wanted a spike so bad, at least now he has one.

I think it's strange how he posted on this board about how he wanted to join in the fun, but then went back to the other one to tell everyone how he had been spiked, and act like he knew nothing about it.

It's kind of weird how he just disappeared.

TCD

• 3 months later...

Okay, YensidCamper here, same one as on the other place. I may be opening myself up for a real man of genius award, and some well deserved ribbing, but I am here to set the record straight and take my medicine like a man.

I want to say to TCD I am extremely honored to have gotten spiked! I had no idea, even after reading for several previous years, that you were the person that placed the spikes. We were totally caught off guard, my wife was a little spooked, the kids and I thought it was really cool. I was so clueless to the origins.

I stopped by your site as it was easy to see at the intersection but you were gone. I actually saw you getting off the boat after the 3 AM EMH but my family and I were too exhausted to catch up and speak but I intended to do so later. That is why we drove by your site. I am not sure if we drove by before or after you left the spike. If I had known it was you, I would have definitely continued to stop by your site to say thanks.

While at the Fort I lost the ability to post online easily so I didn't post any more while there. The hotspot on my phone stopped working for some reason. Upon returning home after Thanksgiving life happened and I disappeared from the boards for a while. Not just Fiends and the other board, but PUX, and ODYClub, my regular haunts. Just got back to reading and posting in the last couple of weeks.

Tonight, I finally got back to the mystery of the spike which finally led me to this thread. Thanks to a tip from someone who must read and post both places. A search for my username led me to this thread and I realized how I had screwed up.

So, after reading tonight I want to say I am sorry. I meant no disrespect. I didn't realize the honor that had been bestowed on me and my family. The D in the circle really looked like a P to me but I now see how dim I really was. The fact that the paper was from a realty company in Michigan threw me off too. I will be checking back more often and I hope to get to meet some Fiends at the Fort on our spring break next week.

055.jpg

If you had come back here after your one quick post, your mystery would have been solved right away.

And yes, you will get ribbed, but it's all in fun.

Yes, I should have come back! I expect or rather hope to get ribbed.

Glad the mystery for you was solved. Don't worry trying to tell you only got me banned from there for the second or third time. Glad you stopped in here and hopefully we will see you around here every now and then.

Thanks for trying to send the life preserver in the Fall and the olive branch now! I will definitely throw some more posts out there now hoping they will stick.

WOOHOO!! Thanks for checkin back in, and WELCOME TO FORT FIENDS!!

Carol thanks for Welcome! I have always enjoyed seeing your posts over the years. Your set up is awesome! I look forward to reading your posts again!

Glad the mystery was solved and glad you found your way back to the Fiends!

Don't be a stranger..... even though most of us are pretty strange (and don't believe Lou when he tells you he's the only one that's not)

:grpwelcome:

Thanks BradyBz for the kind re-entry!

I feel used.

I think it's strange how he posted on this board about how he wanted to join in the fun, but then went back to the other one to tell everyone how he had been spiked, and act like he knew nothing about it.

It's kind of weird how he just disappeared.

TCD

Don't feel used. I really had hoped to catch back up to you. You are the TCD!

I did know nothing about it--honest--but I should have figured it out before now for sure.

I disappeared because my internet stunk at the Fort and after a 16 hour drive home due to wrecks and my jobs kicking my butt, I just never reconnected. As you guys get to know me you will understand what August, December, January, and May do to my time.

I will be at the Fort for Easter Week and again the first of June. I will look up anyone who is willing to say hey!

YC

Don't feel used. I really had hoped to catch back up to you. You are the TCD!

I did know nothing about it--honest--but I should have figured it out before now for sure.

I disappeared because my internet stunk at the Fort and after a 16 hour drive home due to wrecks and my jobs kicking my butt, I just never reconnected. As you guys get to know me you will understand what August, December, January, and May do to my time.

I will be at the Fort for Easter Week and again the first of June. I will look up anyone who is willing to say hey!

YC

Wow! Thanks for coming back to explain yourself.

Yeah, you are going to get ribbed.

But, I do have to admit that someone needs to work on his handwriting.

And by someone I mean me.

I don't think I will be around the Fort for Easter, but that first week in June might work for me.

I am sure we will meet up some time.

And get ready to be ribbed.

TCD

Wow! Thanks for coming back to explain yourself.

Yeah, you are going to get ribbed.

But, I do have to admit that someone needs to work on his handwriting.

And by someone I mean me.

I don't think I will be around the Fort for Easter, but that first week in June might work for me.

I am sure we will meet up some time.

And get ready to be ribbed.

TCD

Thanks again TCD, it would have been easy for a lesser person to have held a grudge. The responses from you and others here have really shown me what it means to be a Fiend. I have seen the light. Hopefully I will see you in June to say thanks!

Glad to see you posting again here YC! Your thread over there really cracked me up for some reason. Hope your wife doesn't think the Fiends are a bunch of creepy people that snoop around campsites.

Really, TCD is the only creepy one. :rofl2:

My wife didn't know anything about the boards really, but this has perked her up to them. I told her it was like facebook but with people you didn't go to high school with. She commented after reading for a while this was much more interesting than facebook. I think she is hooked. Especially now she realizes what a cool gesture the spike was! I know this is late, but congrats on bringing your daughter home! Have you ever checked out the world's largest tree house in Crossville? Google it if not it is a very cool place to visit. Stay at Cumberland Mtn. State Park and make the trek sometime. You have to see it to believe it.

But he doesn't have an imaginary friend called Melvin.

I am afraid to ask, who is Melvin?

I wanted to post my response from the other place so any can see what I have said over there.

Yes, I did figure it out. It was an act of kindness, but not random. If I could only have realized the letter was a D and not a P I would have known a long time ago. Not too smart am I, huh?

Thanks to all who have helped me with this mystery. It has been a lot of fun getting to the bottom of it and reconnecting with folks.

Like me, maybe more people will wise up now. IF they don't shut down the thread.

... and you don't get banned. :smug:

The thread seems to be flying under the radar at the moment. Or more likely "the powers that be" are monitoring it closely, realizing that TCD still has quite a reputation there and making that go poof too quickly may rouse more attention than leaving it alone.

Of course that would be the SMART thing to do... which definitely hasn't been their m.o. in the last year. ::)

I loved the post by dblr too that said there was no way you'd have found out the answer to your question there.

:rofl2:

I know this is late, but congrats on bringing your daughter home! Have you ever checked out the world's largest tree house in Crossville? Google it if not it is a very cool place to visit. Stay at Cumberland Mtn. State Park and make the trek sometime. You have to see it to believe it.

Thanks YC!

That tree house sounds really familiar. Did you tell me about it a couple years back on Voldemort? I feel like we've had this conversation before. And it sounds like something I'd like to check out sometime.