Why you should have insurance on your personal golf cart!

Here is a blog from a personal injury attorney. It was a sad situation that a child was thrown from a golf cart and injured, but it begs the question, "Why didn't these people and the others involved have insurance on their carts?"

Now, I know that, according to this blog alone, it does not state that the other cart in question that was the alleged instigator in the accident was a personal or rented cart, but if they are driving without their lights on, my educated guess is that it was a personal cart. (I have been known to be wrong once in a blue moon.)

This guy's blog is scary if you read between the lines. If you have a cart, get your insurance because you never know what is going to happen on your VACATION.

http://www.southfloridainjuryattorneyblog.com/2009/11/four_year_old_hospitalized_aft.html

http://www.wesh.com/news/21499920/detail.html

This story is the biggest crock. This is the guy who crashed in the 700 loop 2 years ago Halloween. The story doesn't even tell any truth about the father racing the other cart. This is the guy who was riding around in the 95 cart all weekend with the red solo cup. I know a friend of his and he said it just so happened the only time he wasn't drunk that weekend was that night. The guys an dingal berry and shouldn't be allowed back at the fort.

I'm going to sue myself for being such an ass all the time and forcing myself to be in a hostile and stressful living environment. I plan to take myself for both things I own. Then I'll appeal it and run it out forever. That'll show me, huh?

I'm going to sue myself for being such an ass all the time and forcing myself to be in a hostile and stressful living environment. I plan to take myself for both things I own. Then I'll appeal it and run it out forever. That'll show me, huh?

I'm sure you can find an attorney to take the case - and both of the items you own when he wins the case for you. :rofl2:

This story is the biggest crock. This is the guy who crashed in the 700 loop 2 years ago Halloween. The story doesn't even tell any truth about the father racing the other cart. This is the guy who was riding around in the 95 cart all weekend with the red solo cup. I know a friend of his and he said it just so happened the only time he wasn't drunk that weekend was that night. The guys an dingal berry and shouldn't be allowed back at the fort.

Didn't the crash happen in the 1400. Iknow the story we all were their

No Todd it was the 700 loop, we were all in the 400 and my site was facing 700

I can't believe anybody would drive one of these without insurance. With attornies so plentiful they are suing each other in order to keep from having to flip burgers at McDonalds, you are just asking to lose your shirt if you don't carry insurance. These slimeballs will go after everything in your name - home, car, business, bank accounts. All they have to do is parade around a kid in a wheelchair and collect their half of whatever the sympathetic jury awards them.

No, they were racing on that sidewalk that cuts across to the comfort station. Both carts were lifted and the front tires hit each other. The guy was staying in 800 loop and there was a lot of OCSO and FHP in that loop that night. I'm not gonna mention names but the guy I talked to who is his friend said the incident just about caused a divorce as well. Both these stories are misleading. I guess the father forgot to mention he was racing.

Is there anybody with a pic of the golf cart parade from 09. He was in it several times from different posters.

With attorneys so plentiful they are suing each other in order to keep from having to flip burgers at McDonalds, you are just asking to lose your shirt if you don't carry insurance. These slime-balls will go after everything in your name - home, car, business, bank accounts. All they have to do is parade around a kid in a wheelchair and collect their half of whatever the sympathetic jury awards them.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think FWG doesn't like lawyers, but who does?

I bet at least one, yes they've even infiltrated FF.Net, of the lawyers reading this could probably show you that there is a different side to the profession.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think FWG doesn't like lawyers, but who does?

I bet at least one, yes they've even infiltrated FF.Net, of the lawyers reading this could probably show you that there is a different side to the profession.

Just like any profession, it's the few bad apples that make them all look bad.

Actually, I have a close friend who is an attorney. My standard joke with him is "so when are you going to start making an honest living?" He is in general practice, I guess you would call it. Handles wills, real estate transactions, etc. I find them very useful. I don't like the ambulance chasing creeps. We have a couple in the Valley who are totally disgusting. One was after me for a while re. Americans with Disabilities Act compliance. Had his staff calling my office asking all kinds of questions re. ramps, accessible bathrooms, handicapped parking, etc. I finally told one of the idiots I knew who they were and that the age of my building and business exempted me from compliance. That was about 10 years ago and the calls stopped. He actually moved on to other types of suits when judges in the area refused to hear his ADA cases. We have another who is now in prison after falsifying his brother's will. His other brother has taken over his practice while he does his time.

This story is the biggest crock of shit. This is the guy who crashed in the 700 loop 2 years ago Halloween. The story doesn't even tell any truth about the father racing the other cart. This is the guy who was riding around in the 95 cart all weekend with the red solo cup. I know a friend of his and he said it just so happened the only time he wasn't drunk that weekend was that night. The guys an asshole and shouldn't be allowed back at the fort.

Like I told you on the phone, I didn't post this to refute the validity of the story, only to note that lawyers are still, two years later, salivating over the prospects of suits in this area. It was only to help us protect ourselves.

No, they were racing on that sidewalk that cuts across to the comfort station. Both carts were lifted and the front tires hit each other. The guy was staying in 800 loop and there was a lot of OCSO and FHP in that loop that night. I'm not gonna mention names but the guy I talked to who is his friend said the incident just about caused a divorce as well. Both these stories are misleading. I guess the father forgot to mention he was racing.

Is there anybody with a pic of the golf cart parade from 09. He was in it several times from different posters.

In my memory, in EVERY picture, he had a RED SOLO CUP in his hand as well. I'm just sayin'.

So if someone rents from WDW or a private vendor are they able to get insurance coverage during the rental?

WDW has their own insurance and private vendors must have their own insurance in order to rent. If they don't, they are setting them up for a failure they could never get themselves out of. All the vendors that rent carts that I know of have insurance. In fact, since this keeps coming up two years later on the blogs, I plan on calling my insurance agent Monday after Christmas to MAKE SURE my coverage is what it is supposed to be.

WDW has their own insurance and private vendors must have their own insurance in order to rent. If they don't, they are setting them up for a failure they could never get themselves out of. All the vendors that rent carts that I know of have insurance. In fact, since this keeps coming up two years later on the blogs, I plan on calling my insurance agent Monday after Christmas to MAKE SURE my coverage is what it is supposed to be.

Understood.

And "stuff" like this makes me seriously consider an unbrella policy for "stupidity".

And if they didn't catch the person "without" lights, who the hell would they sue? Themselves?

Not going to touch the issue of the lawyers....

No matter what, I agree you MUST have your cart insured. I have heard many excuses not to have it with the most common being "my homeowners insurance covers it". Looking into it, I have found many exclusions on homeowners polices and even some "golf cart" policies. It seems many of these are written for folks who live in golf cart communities and the policy only covers them on the community cart trails and on the golf course. Once yo load it on the truck and go to FW you loose coverage.

I had mine written as an additional motor vehicle on my car policy. While it cost a few dollars more, I have the same coverage as any of my cars.

And "stuff" like this makes me seriously consider an unbrella policy for "stupidity".

Be careful with umbrella policies. It is my understanding that you have to have an underlying "primary" policy for the hazard before an umbrella will pay. Verify coverage with your agent, I'm not one and don't even play one on TV.