A Trip Report Sure to Win Applesauce. . .TCD's NYE 2011 TR!

Stopped by Feisty's site last night and got to talk to her and TiggerinBama. She was telling me her son was the one who wrapped her fences this year. She was saying he wants to help more since he realizes it takes a lot of effort for her to get it all done. I say Go Feisty's son! (I didn't catch his name).

Jeanne had already packed up her decorations and Feisty's were starting to disappear as well. I was glad there were still some left to show our family since they hadn't been here before.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're going to visit the Four Seasons, am I right??

YEA DAVE!!! WHERE?!?!?

This whole "spankula" thing...am I the only one reminded of the movie "Stripes", where Bill Murray gives the girl "The Aunt Jemimah Treatment"?

What the heck was I thinking of? I have taken time off from online and almost missed this TR!!! We did spend a few days at the Fort during Christmas and it was nice to see all the site decorations again.

GREAT job Andrew!!! Enjoying this as always.

Nancy

I have no idea what TCD is talking about regarding FW blankets, but I'll pick one up for you

AND I WANT THAT BLANKET! TWO OF THEM! I WILL PAY DOUBLE!!!

Took a ride over to the CM store this morning just in case they had the FW blankets. Sorry guys, none left.

That sort of stuff goes quickly.

They would have made nice incentives for the FHF project.

Lovin' the pictures!! Holly's right, I ALMOST feel like I'm right there with you. (Only, I'm not :banghead: )

Eeeeeee-gidddy-giddy!!! Only 347.44 days left until we leave for the Fort...

Keep the posts coming...

Here. Well i am here in Delaware!!! It is cold. And i am working on 80 hours this week so far! I come home Tuesday to leave again Sunday!!! But Sunday will be my Vegas trip!! Alone again!!! :( Ms. Lug is not happy! But atleast i will have reading material on my trips around the country!

Here. Well i am here in Delaware!!! It is cold. And i am working on 80 hours this week so far! I come home Tuesday to leave again Sunday!!! But Sunday will be my Vegas trip!! Alone again!!! :( Ms. Lug is not happy! But atleast i will have reading material on my trips around the country!

What are you doing up here in our great but little state of Delaware? If you need any info on things up here let me know we have lived here for 20 years and I have worked here for 35 years. Which part of the state are you in, we are in New Castle county at the top of the state.

And more respect points to Fiesty for this display in the back corner of her site:

IMG_2605.jpg

So, do you think Mary and Joseph pulled the TT to Bethlehem or did the wise men pull it for thier long trip? Either or, I'm glad to see the use of campers back in biblical time. My money is on the wise men. Did you notice the one wise man looks a tad like Eddie Murphy?

Actually, I was kinda worried aboout his Hitler moustache.

Marty, you kill me. I had noticed the placement of the trailer next to the nativity scene. But I had not noticed the frankensence-carrying Hitler. Good catch.

I didn't really notice that wiseman.

But, now that y'all have pointed it out, he is a bit scary, and he does have a Hitler moustache:

26051.jpg

What The Fort?

OMG!!! That is the best! I needed that! :rofl2:

Sorry I'm late. I'm trying to finish my iPhone app.

Lovin' the report TCD. Someday I want to be at the Fort at Christmas.

Well, hopefully all of your hard work pays off, and you will be at the Fort for Christmas many times.

A girl goes away for a few hours (ok the afternoon) and look what happens......

1. Nice to hear your team won

2. Go TCD Twins (I'm not betting it was Twin #1... I think it was Twin #2's idea)

3. Love the decorations.. I missed being at the Fort this year for Christmas

4. I will be looking for a replay of that Samantha Brown

5. Love that blanket too!

Here's a link to the video of Samantha Brown at the Fort:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM7kvK3FR2w

TCD - your trip reports ALWAYS make me feel like I am there....and I like that feeling.

I have a lot of the same pictures you do of the Fort decor....but yours are better. You'll see in my TR later.

AND I WANT THAT BLANKET! TWO OF THEM! I WILL PAY DOUBLE!!!

Come on now, your photos are great!

If anyone hasn't already, please check out Holly's trip report.

I love that stuff three. God Bless America.flag_1.gif

Great updates TCD!

Love the decoration photos. I didn't copy the photo but I love Feisty's Nativity set up. However, I didn't know there was an inflatable camper on the first Noel. My bad for not knowing that. ;D

Well. there's a lot of stuff that happened that didn't get mentioned in the Bible.

Sometimes we have to fill in the blanks.

Stopped by Feisty's site last night and got to talk to her and TiggerinBama. She was telling me her son was the one who wrapped her fences this year. She was saying he wants to help more since he realizes it takes a lot of effort for her to get it all done. I say Go Feisty's son! (I didn't catch his name).

Jeanne had already packed up her decorations and Feisty's were starting to disappear as well. I was glad there were still some left to show our family since they hadn't been here before.

Fiesty's son is named Bernard, after his father. But everyone calls him Lil' B.

What the heck was I thinking of? I have taken time off from online and almost missed this TR!!! We did spend a few days at the Fort during Christmas and it was nice to see all the site decorations again.

GREAT job Andrew!!! Enjoying this as always.

Nancy

Really. What the heck were you thinking?

You can't take even a couple of days off while a TCD TR is going on. You might get so far behind that you will never catch up!

Thanks for reading along.

But no more taking days off.

Took a ride over to the CM store this morning just in case they had the FW blankets. Sorry guys, none left.

That sort of stuff goes quickly.

They would have made nice incentives for the FHF project.

I expected as much.

I still want to know why that blanket was in the castmember store, when they haven't even been offered for sale in the trading posts yet.

TCD

Dag nab it, I finally got caught up, OK proceed

Glad to know that you are following along, Bob.

In a couple of posts, there will be some photos of your favorite place at the Fort.

So be sure to check back!

2:01AM, one minute past your bed time Bob.

Lou, I have to say again that it is uncanny how you can perceive what is being posted in this TR even though you are not reading it.

You must be a psychic or wizard or something.

Lovin' the pictures!! Holly's right, I ALMOST feel like I'm right there with you. (Only, I'm not :banghead: )

Eeeeeee-gidddy-giddy!!! Only 347.44 days left until we leave for the Fort...

Keep the posts coming...

I like the it how the .44 days is included in that calculation!

So, you will be getting there right before Christmas, right?

How long will you be staying?

Am I really caught up?

*double-checks page number*

Why, yes, yes I am!

Awesome as usual. Can't wait for more!

Yay!

I'm glad you are caught up!

I can now get this report cranked up again.

Hey Lug!

I didn't know you were traveling so much.

Did you get a new job?

Thanks for checking in.

I hope that after all of your hard work you can take a nice long break at the Fort.

What are you doing up here in our great but little state of Delaware? If you need any info on things up here let me know we have lived here for 20 years and I have worked here for 35 years. Which part of the state are you in, we are in New Castle county at the top of the state.

Ah, Delaware.

I have driven through it many times.

I'm not sure if I ever stopped there, though.

TCD

Time for an update.

For this one, we will be doing something a bit unusual.

I am going to hit the re-wind button.

We are up to Friday morning the 30th in this report, but I am going to head back to Thursday night the 29th for this post.

I found some photos on Twin #1's memory card that I think are worth sharing.

These photos show what the TCD twins did with their moments of freedom on the afternoon and evening of the 29th, while I went to the football game with my oldest daughter.

The twins left the Fort and traveled to Downtown Disney via bus.

This Reedy Creek Fire Department building sits right across from Downtown Disney. I love the fact that even the fire stations are cool at WDW:

IMG_8562.jpg

IMG_8563.jpg

The girls exited the bus at the marketplace bus stop, and entered near the fountain. I am sure that Twin #1 took this photo because they used to spend a lot of time playing in this fountain:

IMG_8565.jpg

It looks like they stopped in the bakery first:

IMG_8566.jpg

I think this is a great shot:

IMG_8567.jpg

Check out the giant Mickey and Minnie rice crispy treats! But then check out the price tag! :

IMG_8570.jpg

The twins came back to the camper with rice crispy treats that they had custom made here at Goofy's Candy Shop. If you have never done this before, you might want to look into it. You start with a basic rice crispy treat on a stick. They then will add whaterver toppings you ask them to- and they have a lot. The girls always enjoy doing this. I don't recall the exact price, but I'm cheap and the price has never offended me.

Next stop was the big toy store. Here's Twin #1 with Buzz:

IMG_8572.jpg

And Twin #2 with Scar:

IMG_8573.jpg

When we were last at WDW over Thanksgiving, they had just begun to stock Pillow Pets. The only one we saw then was Stitch. It looks like they now have Eeyore and others (that's Twin #2) :

IMG_8575.jpg

Here's Twin #1 with a bunch of Star Wars toys:

IMG_8580.jpg

This mug looks cute:

IMG_8581.jpg

The Star Wars fascination began when we attended Star Wars weekends at Hollywood Studios this past year. I shared in a trip report from then that none of the TCD Gang are Star Wars fans. In fact, at the time, the girls had not seen a single Star Wars movie. Well, Santa brought us the 6 movie set for Christmas, and we are going to watch those movies before the next Star Wars weekends. When we go this year, we will know what is going on. We just watched Episode IV (which is the original 1977 movie) over the weekend. I had forgotten a lot of this movie, so it was good that I saw it too. After viewing it, it is amazing to me to think of how big a deal this simple little movie has become. We decided to watch the movies in the order that they were released, at least for the first time around. I think that was a good move, as Episode IV would probably seem really lame after the girls see the special effects in Episodes I-III.

I am anti-Duffy the Disney Bear, but the TCD twins like him. When we were at the Fort on this trip, one of the Disney cable channels played a bedtime story over and over again featuring Duffy. The story explained who Duffy is, which I had not known before. It turns out that Duffy was a stuffed bear made by and given to Mickey by Minnie to take on his trips as a sea captain. Did you know Mickey was a sea captain- well he is. Duffy was in a duffel bag when Minnie gave him to Mickey, so Mickey named him Duffy. Somehow-the story does not explain how-Duffy turned from being a stuffed bear into a real-life pal for Mickey. Blech. Anyway, here's Twin #1 with that darned Duffy:

IMG_8582.jpg

And here's Twin #2 with Cinderella:

IMG_8584.jpg

I'm not sure what Twin #2 is modeling here- maybe a fanny pack?

Do they still make fanny packs? :

IMG_8589.jpg

This is another cool shot from Twin #1. Note that she got the crescent moon in the shot:

IMG_8590.jpg

DIT (that's DaveinTn) will be pleased to learn that the TCD twins are much better about taking photos of their food than their father is.

This is Twin #2's meat loaf sandwich:

IMG_8591.jpg

And this is Twin #1's pasta:

IMG_8592.jpg

In case you forgot, they ate at Wolfgang Puck's Express in Downtown Disney. We had not been to that restaurant before. They both liked it a lot, so we will be going back there. I can also tell you that the meatloaf sandwich was excellent, because Twin #2 brought half of it back with her and let me eat it for a midnight snack later that night.

When it was time to leave Downtown Disney, the girls agreed that they would take the first bus that showed up that would get them to the Magic Kingdom resort area. It turned out that a Contemporary/Polynesian bus showed up first, so they headed there.

They got off the bus at the Contemporary, and took the monorail to the Grand Floridian. They had wanted to see the Christmas Decorations there. This is Grand Floridian lobby. Note how they have a bunch of balloons ready to drop. I presume that this was for New Year's Eve. I wonder how they do this. Do Grand Floridian guests have to choose between the balloon drop and the fireworks?:

IMG_8596.jpg

Here's Twin #1 with the GF gingerbread house. This is really something that you should see in person if you never have before:

IMG_8601.jpg

The chimney on the gingerbread house actually has smoke rising from it! :

IMG_8602.jpg

The snobs guests at the GF get entertained by a live band! :

IMG_8605.jpg

The photos show that the TCD twins headed back to the Contemporary from here. This is the Contemporary gingerbread tree:

IMG_8606.jpg

Any Phineas and Ferb fans reading along will like this Perry hat that Twin #1 is modeling:

IMG_8607.jpg

Twin #1 got some ice cream here:

IMG_8608.jpg

They girls then took the monorail back to the Polynesian so Twin #2 could get Dole Whip. They texted a photo of that to me, which I received as we were driving back from the football game. From the Polynesian, the girls took the boat to the MK, and then the MK boat to the Fort.

I would say that they had a fun time, and didn't even come close to getting in to any kind of trouble.

Mrs. TCD has done a good job raising them.

So that was Thursday night for the TCD twins.

Next up, we will pick back up with the morning of the 30th.

TCD

This report is great as always, but I think what we really need is a TCD twin #1 and #2 hijack to tell us all about what they did while you were at the game!! PLEASE!!! :wub:

Wow! That is so weird that you posted that as I was writing the update that I just posted showing exactly what the twins did that evening.

watched the Fort Parts of the Samantha Brown thing. I think I might have seen it before! now just waiting for an update......

I don't know if I mentioned it, but the Samantha Brown clip is from 2007. Which we now know is the year Hilda won the site decorating contest.

Also, a sad fact that some of those reading along may not know is that the family who Hilda and Charles took Samantha to visit- the Howards, have not been back to the Fort since that Christmas season. They used to always set-up on the first site on the 300 loop- and they used to have the best decorations of anyone. Unfortunately, Mrs. Howard had cancer and lost that battle after the special aired.

I miss them.

Looks like they had a fun afternoon/evening!!!!

Yes, I think they did.

TCD

1. Sorry to hear about Mrs. Howard.

2. My son has all the Star Wars Toys that Twin #1 was holding, bought at WDW.

3. don't think I've ever seen the TCD Twins in jeans/slacks/pant before.. must have been cold

4. I am sure we will end up with one of those Perry Hats next visit.

5. You have convinced me that I must schedule some resort hopping time. I've only ever seen WL, Contemporary, All-Star Music, and FW....

6. Now I've got to go get something to eat... you've made me hungry.

Wow! That is so weird that you posted that as I was writing the update that I just posted showing exactly what the twins did that evening.

Or maybe that is what the twins want you to think they did. :whew: .......huh? :rofl2:

Seriously, I'm sure your girls were angels, both #1 and #2. I'm glad Mrs TCD raised them right... :heartsmiley:

I'm just glad when I was a kid, digital cameras weren't around. I probably would have documented all my transgressions. :beathorse: :banghead: If there were any, that is... :clint: :batman:

Enjoying the TR!!!!! :heart:

I'm just glad when I was a kid, digital cameras weren't around. I probably would have documented all my transgressions. :beathorse: :banghead: If there were any, that is... :clint: :batman:

IF? I think ti's time for you to come out of denial....

I was perfect... just ask my momma. Stay way from those who claimed to be my friends....

IF? I think ti's time for you to come out of denial....

I was perfect... just ask my momma. Stay way from those who claimed to be my friends....

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Isn't denial, the name of a river?

Perfect???? My ......... (never mind this is KFK rated). :wave1:

We all know you only have invisable friends. You call them FIENDS!!!! :clint:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Isn't denial, the name of a river?

Perfect? ??? My ......... (never mind this is KFK rated). :wave1:

We all know you only have invisable friends. You call them FIENDS!!!! :clint:

Now almost everyone who was an adult in the small town I grew up in would tell you what an angel I was.......

And my fiends, as yet, do not have evidence (photo or otherwise) of my non-angelicness.... my halo stands firmly slanted to the side.

I've missed this report over the weekend!

I must get my picture taken in the mirror at the candy shop. Probably be the only time in my entire life that my legs look long.

Those Mickey/Minnie heads at $49.95 are a complete rip off! As you know from my reports, Trevor must get a plain head at the Main Street bakery every visit, and they are $12 and change. Two trips ago, they were out of plain ones and he had to settle for chocolate ear dipped ones, and it spoiled it for both of us. We both agreed plain is better. Just because they added a nose and some frosting doesn't make them worth $50!

I guess I have to buy that coffee mug to match my shirt!

I have not eaten at Wolfgangs either, but that meatloaf sandwich looks good, even though I'm not a big meat fan. Well, unless....never mind. I will hold that thought.

It looks like they had a good time without ol Dad. I'm sure they behaved themselves. They have a devious side, but seem to be very good girls.....like me!! ;)