We rented form him again for Marathon weekend. Somehow our reservation had a problem for our 6 seater cart. He made good on it and gave me 2 four seater's instead which actually worked our better.

Still have never met him, he's like Charlie on Charlie's Angels, just a voice on the phone.

And there is the real key people want to know. When things don't go per plan how does the business handle it. From the feed back here Kenny always seems to be able to remedy any issues. DISCLAIMER: I have never rented from Kenny (or anyone else for that matter).

Kenny's prices appealed to us at first, but it was his great service that keeps us coming back. He'll do whatever he can to accommodate you (within reason I'm sure) and if you ever have a problem or request he's right there.

Lately there have been a few other GC companies popping on this and other message boards looking to promote their businesses by saying how cheap they are - in some cases maybe even a few $ cheaper than Kenny. There's also one right now that's running Google ads that actually say "cheaper than Disney" (soooo dumb...)

What none of these people understand is that price is obviously a factor, but service and reputation are everything. Kenny doesn't advertise here and never did on voldemort either. He didn't need to because his happy (legitimate) customers sang his praises and provided him with the best form of advertising there is - word of mouth referrals to a targeted audience.

One of the design projects I'm working on right now is a layout for some Case Studies from our clients - real life stories straight from the horse's mouth. We're spending a lot of time on these, not because they're going to be fancy or slick pieces, but their message will hit home with our target audience.

If others out there want to gain the same kind of loyal following, they need to stop trying to game the system by logging onto message boards and trying to be sneaky, and start providing their customers with excellent service at a fair price. THEN point them to this and other message boards where they can share their *real* experiences.

And that, dear reader, is your Marketing 101 message for the day...

:soapbox:

He has always seemed to be extra reasonable on the side of the customer. He cut my price because he couldn't get the 6 passenger cart to the Fort in time. He was able to get me a 4 seat for 1 night and then another the next day but only charged me for 3 days instead of 4. I didn't ask him to do it either.

...There's also one right now that's running Google ads that actually say "cheaper than Disney" (soooo dumb...)

Hmm... maybe people really CAN learn!

I actually emailed this company when their ad first popped up because it seemed to be adding fuel to the fire when it came to the Fort being p-o'd about off-site rental companies.

I don't know if that had any influence on them, or if they've just been keeping tabs here. :wave1:

In any case, their original Google ad (showing up all over the web, including here and voldemort) actually said "cheaper than Disney"

I just noticed they changed their ad to now read...

"Rent Golf Carts Cheaply Events, Vacations, Personal Call 863-669-1116 www.floridagolfcarts.org"

:bravo:

Kenny rules. He has "always" been customer first with me. Over Christmas and New Years, his service and call back times were outstanding. He had to be crazy busy, but it's one facet of vacation that I never had to worry about.

Hmm... maybe people really CAN learn!

I actually emailed this company when their ad first popped up because it seemed to be adding fuel to the fire when it came to the Fort being p-o'd about off-site rental companies.

I don't know if that had any influence on them, or if they've just been keeping tabs here. :wave1:

In any case, their original Google ad (showing up all over the web, including here and voldemort) actually said "cheaper than Disney"

I just noticed they changed their ad to now read...

"Rent Golf Carts Cheaply Events, Vacations, Personal Call 863-669-1116 www.floridagolfcarts.org"

:bravo:

If it was my guess...they got a nasty letter that had the words cease and desist in the content of the body. But that is my humble opinion.

Could very well be. The old ad still pops up from time to time though - that's the thing with Google ads. It's not easy to just "flip the switch" and replace old ones with new.

We ran into this with our Google ads where I work.

The previous regime was responsible for the most HIDEOUS display ads ever. We finally designed a whole new set and submitted them, but it took a long time for the new ones to finally replace all the old ones. Even still, after 6+ mos., every one in a while an old one pops up.