Stef's Freaky February Fort Trip

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great update, Stef!

I loved all the photos.

It looks like it wasn't very busy around the Fort.

I am surprised to see that River Country Vinylmation was for sale in the Trading Post.

I don't really understand the whole Vinylmation thing, but I saw a few of those River Country ones for sale on ebay. The way I understood it, these were a limited edition and they were only sold at Disneyland when they were released some time last month. It didn't make sense to me that they were released at Disneyland, but that's what I thought was the deal. I think one sold for around $55 on ebay, and it then looked like there was no other interest. I guess there weren't a lot of buyers for these, and they packed them up and sent them to the Fort. I'll bet they end up at the castmember store for a bargain.

In case anyone is interested, here's a blog entry I found about this River Country vinylmation: http://destinationvi...er-country.html

TCD

The Fort was pretty full, but a much different crowd. I guess this is the time for the older folks. We commented many nights how around 9:00pm, it was dead quiet. No golf carts running amok, honking their horns, no parties in the loop, not even a lot of screaming children. Much different than the summer crowds.

Your River Country vinylmation explanation makes absolutely no sense! <_<

Why the heck would they sell RC stuff in Disneyland?

It's too bad that Lou doesn't read reports, because I would tell him to buy one for me if he can get a good deal at the CM store. Too bad.

Great pictures, Stef. Mike truly appreciated the donuts. It wasn't long after you left that morning that we made another run into Orlando for parts. I think I wshould rename my TR, Doodle goes to the parts store. :rofl2:

Look at the bright side. If anyone comes onto FF.net and needs parts, you can point them in the right direction. :rofl2: I'm just glad that you got it fixed. It was worth the hassle.

I feel as if I've just taken a tour with you. Where are going next?

I am trying to get another update soon! Thanks for coming along on my tour. Trevor gets so aggravated that I stop and take pics of stuff that we've seen a million times.I do it for all of you that can't enjoy the Fort as much as us locals. :heart:

I really need to do more exploring when I am at the Fort. I can't wait to see which direction you headed.

I also don't know what this says about us, but I have seen your tattoo. ??? :rofl2:

If we could only pry your ass out of your lawn chair, you could see more! :tounge-smiley:

You and a couple of others have probably seen my tattoo. I don't hide it, per say, it's just in a spot you don't really see unless I have on low shorts or a bathing suit. (Or naked)

Great pictures, you make me homesick :(

I'm sorry Bob! You'll be back soon and we are all defending your dock, and I think about you every time I see it.

You really do make the rounds don't u, did u end up in her bed also :rofl2:

And they call ME the pervert!!! She also watched me take my pants off...just saying.

I had my first punch experience saturday and I now know why its so popular! That stuff will creep up on ya! Great tr so far!

Mike!! It was so good to see you again. I feel like I don't get to see you enough. I hope that changes this year, and I get more of those great bear hugs that you and TJ give. :heart:

We will "punch it up" during Halloween!! :jumpforjoy

I especially liked the weather vane photo (but you already knew I would).

TCD

Just for you! HeartGlassesHL2.gif

You and a couple of others have probably seen my tattoo. I don't hide it, per say, it's just in a spot you don't really see unless I have on low shorts or a bathing suit. (Or naked)

And they call ME the pervert!!! She also watched me take my pants off...just saying.

Just an FYI, I have never seen Stef naked. Came close once though. That girl likes to get out of her clothes and she is a quick change artist. I left my coffee cup in her screen room, got as far as my GC turned around to go back in and she was already out of her pants. :rofl2:

Continuing on our journey....we did not go left. I've seen the River Country area, and it just makes me sad. We decided to go straight towards the beach.

More flowers blooming.

Feb2012Fort099.jpg

It's kind of hard to see in this photo, but the trumpet vines are taking over this area by the beach. Like most other vines, it is very invasive, but when it blooms it's really pretty.

Feb2012Fort100.jpg

Almost ready to bloom.

Feb2012Fort101.jpg

We walked down the sidewalk which opens up to the beach. I remember the days (Gosh, I sound like an old fart) when this beach would be crowded with families enjoying the sand and swimming in the lake. Now it seems that the only time the beach gets any real action is at night when people gather for the fireworks. Sad.

Feb2012Fort102.jpg

I absolutely hate sand, so we took the first right and headed back up to the pavement.

Here is the playground down by the Settlement.

Feb2012Fort103.jpg

We strolled by the arcade where I restrained from spending $10 on a game of guitar hero, since I now own the game AND two guitars!!

Feb2012Fort106.jpg

The camellias behind the sign were in full bloom.

Feb2012Fort104.jpg

We continued around Crocketts tavern.

Feb2012Fort105.jpg

And the bar was calling my name!! Unfortunately for me, it was only about 2:00, which meant they weren't open. Bummer. We didn't mind too much though as the porch was empty, so we parked our asses in a rocking chair.

Feb2012Fort107.jpg

And Trevor walked over to the trading post to buy us a drink.

Feb2012Fort108.jpg

Here's some views from my almost empty porch.

Feb2012Fort109.jpg

Feb2012Fort110.jpg

Feb2012Fort112.jpg

Feb2012Fort111.jpg

Feb2012Fort113.jpg

Feb2012Fort114.jpg

After a brief rest, we continued up the path towards our cart.

Feb2012Fort116.jpg

Feb2012Fort117.jpg

We had made a full circle and arrived safely back at the cart parking area. There was one other thing I wanted to see for myself, and I did. I just wish I hadn't had shorts on!

Just an FYI, I have never seen Stef naked. Came close once though. That girl likes to get out of her clothes and she is a quick change artist. I left my coffee cup in her screen room, got as far as my GC turned around to go back in and she was already out of her pants. :rofl2:

LaughingSmiley.gif Stop telling all my secrets!! LaughingSmiley.gif

Ok, I'm only on page 3 of this trip report and so far:

a. we've seen a picture of Stef's toilet

b. we know she prefers spankings

c. she's taking shots from the rear

d. she wishes she was shorts-less.

I love you Stef!!!

Nice cliffhanger!

I am having a hard time trying to think of what you would want to see with your shorts off.

Was Lou there?

TCD

Funny!! give me just a minute and you, of all people, will understand why I wish I wasn't wearing shorts!

Umm, Stef I don't think you have too many secrets left!!

Good point! If I do have any left, I'm sure they will come out sooner or later. I have no shame. -_-

Umm I guess the dots have been connected. :hugsmiley: :hugs2: :heart:

Nice to see you Bill!

As stated above, nothing is sacred around here.

I've told you before, I'll try anything once. ;)

Love your pics Stef!!! I was too lazy to actually get off the golf cart to take my roaming pics.

Thanks Carol. I have been known to use the crop tool on my pictures (to crop out the golf cart roof supports, when I am also too lazy to get off :) )

Ok, I'm only on page 3 of this trip report and so far:

a. we've seen a picture of Stef's toilet

b. we know she prefers spankings

c. she's taking shots from the rear

d. she wishes she was shorts-less.

I love you Stef!!!

I guess this explains why my tag has been changed numerous times! Ya just never know what will come out of my mouth. ::)

Funny!! give me just a minute and you, of all people, will understand why I wish I wasn't wearing shorts!

Good point! If I do have any left, I'm sure they will come out sooner or later. I have no shame. -_-

Nice to see you Bill!

As stated above, nothing is sacred around here.

I've told you before, I'll try anything once. ;)

Thanks Carol. I have been known to use the crop tool on my pictures (to crop out the golf cart roof supports, when I am also too lazy to get off :) )

I guess this explains why my tag has been changed numerous times! Ya just never know what will come out of my mouth. ::)

OMG - TMI

I guess I should stop and think before I type sometimes. When I said I wished I wasn't wearing shorts, I didn't mean I wanted to be naked. What I meant was I wish I had been wearing pants!

When we got back to our cart, we peeked over at this.

Feb2012Fort119.jpg

Those are some of the old RR tracks that run beside the road towards the Wilderness Lodge.

Trevor walked over to get a closer look.

Feb2012Fort120.jpg

There was no one around at this point, so Trevor said "If you weren't wearing shorts, we could go check it out"

Now....I know that if I ever expect to be invited on a TCD expedition, I needed to prove my survival skills. I had not had any run-ins with palmetto bushes so my legs were scratch free, and I am not afraid of a little dirt, bugs or brush.

I replied "I don't give a sh*t, let's go!" And we did!

Feb2012Fort121.jpg

Feb2012Fort122.jpg

The first part of our trek was easy, and it was neat to see the RR ties that once carried a train that I rode on, many years ago.

On some of the ties, you can still see the indentation where the rails were attached.

Feb2012Fort123.jpg

Surprisingly, there weren't any RR spikes in the ties. I'm sure that they have all rotted away over the years. :thumbsup3:

We made it to the first obstacle that required a little maneuvering.

Feb2012Fort124.jpg

Feb2012Fort125.jpg

But we persevered!

Feb2012Fort126.jpg

Not much further up the way, we were stuck.

Feb2012Fort128.jpg

But to the right, we could see a clearing.

Feb2012Fort127.jpg

We climbed down and peeked through the opening in the vines. We saw a couple of deer and it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. It was quite a change from the 1/4 mile out where the buses roar by every few minutes.

It was neat to be in the real wilderness of Fort Wilderness. It was neat to see some RR ties that were basically crumbling under your feet, while every few steps you could find one that was a complete, strong RR tie. It was also kind of sad in the same way as seeing River Country, the no swimming signs on the beach or the old swamp trail. While it's nice to reminisce, it reminds you of all the fun things that are now long gone.

My only regret was that I didn't have my Fort shirt on that says "a great place to get lost." TCD says that gives you a free pass for being in an area that you probably shouldn't be in. What would I do if I emerged from the woods and the long arm of the law, AKA Rangers, were waiting for me?!?!

Have no fear, I've told ya'll before, I never get caught!

In fact I did run into the rangers a bit later...........

Feb2012Fort291.jpg

canoodling with each other at the 4-way stop! ::)

If that didn't earn me a TCD Jr. Deputy Badge, I don't know what will!