Stef's Freaky February Fort Trip

At this point in the day, it was getting pretty warm, so we went into the screen room to have a cocktail. Genia had texted me a few times, and because I love to aggravate her while she's working, I sent her a picture.

Feb2012Fort038.jpg

Wouldn't Mom & Dad be proud? :)) My Blackberry Smoke humping horse t-shirt, red solo in one hand and cigar in the other! We had Sonia Leigh playing in the CD player, and life was good.

I keep telling you that ain't a big girl cigar. :clint:

And you aggravate so well..... :rofl2: :beathorse:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KFK!! Glad you're here. I never thought of the anniversary/toilet correlation. :rofl2: Perfect timing I guess.

Doodle was fine this trip, it was Trevor that overdid it and of course I will tell you all about it.

Duly noted. In that case, I can't wait to hear what Trevor did and what Doodle DIDN'T do. ;D (I'm glad doodle didn't lose feeling in her face or suffer paralysis this time.) :rofl2:

I really, really wish I could think of something to say about the humping horses tee shirt... but for once I'm at a loss for words. LOL!

Oh BTW Stef, I'm not reading this TR.

Thank goodness your not reading this, otherwise you would see me smoking a cigar!

Don't ever, ever, let me catch you smoking young lady.

You'll be grounded for a month.

Damn! You're still here? ???

For the record, I prefer spankings over being grounded.

I really, really wish I could think of something to say about the humping horses tee shirt... but for once I'm at a loss for words. LOL!

KFK speechless?? :cop:

I keep telling you that ain't a big girl cigar. :clint:

And you aggravate so well..... :rofl2: :beathorse:

I will leave the big girl cigars to Monica Lewinsky you! (BTW, that's NOT exactly what you said, but FF filters would not allow you to be honest) :clint:

I will leave the big girl cigars to Monica Lewinsky you! (BTW, that's NOT exactly what you said, but FF filters would not allow you to be honest) :clint:

True, this and meeting you just proves that FF can be a BAAADDDDDD place.... :rofl2:

So with all this punch talk, how about a bottle of Firefly lemonade vodka for a jar of da Kool-Aid? :clint: I'll even throw in a real cigar for ya..... :clint:

woo hoo! I love reading about the fort

Mason is such a cutie :heart:

Thanks for joining in Michelle! I have a bunch of Fort pics coming up.

Only in a Steph report do we get punch, humping horses and spankings all wrapped up into one fun size little package, I :heart: you.

:hah: My trips are kind of like a train wreck, you don't want to stare, but you can't look away.

I just hope you can be a bigger part of it this Halloween. :heartsmiley:

This is a good one! I love that a lot of trip reports are capturing photos of really absurd things, like the duct tape. Classic!

I've learned from the TR Master (TCD) not to miss the important details. Thanks for reading along.

I finally had some punch, WOW!! Is the only word for it.

Yay!! Carol has been thru the punch initiation! :jumpforjoy

True, this and meeting you just proves that FF can be a BAAADDDDDD place.... :rofl2:

So with all this punch talk, how about a bottle of Firefly lemonade vodka for a jar of da Kool-Aid? :clint: I'll even throw in a real cigar for ya..... :clint:

Deal! I will whip up a special batch for you. And by batch, I mean punch. 8)

Then I found this. Somebody's child is being brought up right!

GOT THAT RIGHT:)

Feb2012Fort040.jpg

Finally, my back-up has returned! It's tough fighting off the haters by myself.

Our first 2 days at the Fort were chilly in the mornings and evenings, we even had to run the furnace. Of course I laughed my ass off when I woke up kinda stuffy, and thought of MetalDad's report and his "canvas clad Sahara."

Wednesday morning it was beautiful weather, and we took so long trying to decide if we wanted to go anywhere, we just decided to stay around the Fort again.

First things first, Mason's morning duty (or would that be doodie?)

Feb2012Fort043.jpg

Because it had warmed up, we needed to get ice for the cooler. We hopped on the cart and made our way to the Settlement Trading Post.

Feb2012Fort044.jpg

Feb2012Fort045.jpg

Feb2012Fort053.jpg

Feb2012Fort047.jpg

While I was snapping pictures, I turned around and caught Trevor red handed! Notice the sh*t eating grin?

Feb2012Fort048.jpg

There was a CM down by the beach pressure washing and Trevor thought that it would be funny to kink his hose. I scolded him and we continued up the sidewalk.

Feb2012Fort046.jpg

It's crazy that everything is still so green and the flowers are all blooming in the beginning of February.

Feb2012Fort052.jpg

Feb2012Fort049.jpg

Feb2012Fort051.jpg

In the store we grabbed a bag of ice and Trevor "needed" some snacks.

Feb2012Fort054.jpg

Then I found this!

Feb2012Fort050.jpg

I really wanted to buy it, until I looked at the price tag. $44.95! I was not only shocked at the price, but doubly shocked that it had River Country on it. I would think most young uns don't even know what River Country is. I couldn't justify spending that much money on a vinylmation, albeit a big one, so we left with our ice and donuts and went towards the 300 loop.

Mike was outside on the phone, in his jammie pants.

Feb2012Fort031.jpg

Trevor shared his donuts with Mike and we left them to their morning rituals.

We picked up Mason in the cart and went looping. Keep in mind, I ride in the back for the comfort of Mason, so I just snapped some shots from the rear. (Better than shots OF the rear, right?)

Feb2012Fort056.jpg

Feb2012Fort059.jpg

Feb2012Fort057.jpg

Feb2012Fort061.jpg

Feb2012Fort062.jpg

The entrance into the 1200 & 1300 loop

Feb2012Fort068.jpg

1200 & 1300 loops basketball & volleyball courts.

Feb2012Fort063.jpg

Site 1315....TURKEYS!

Feb2012Fort064.jpg

Feb2012Fort065.jpg

Feb2012Fort066.jpg

Playground in front of 1200-1300

Feb2012Fort067.jpg

The sun was peeking through, it was going to be a nice day!

Feb2012Fort069.jpg

Feb2012Fort070.jpg

Feb2012Fort071.jpg

Meadow Treading Post

Feb2012Fort072.jpg

Feb2012Fort075.jpg

Feb2012Fort074.jpg

We are at our 30 photo limit, but stay tuned, there's much more!

Great update, Stef!

I loved all the photos.

It looks like it wasn't very busy around the Fort.

I am surprised to see that River Country Vinylmation was for sale in the Trading Post.

I don't really understand the whole Vinylmation thing, but I saw a few of those River Country ones for sale on ebay. The way I understood it, these were a limited edition and they were only sold at Disneyland when they were released some time last month. It didn't make sense to me that they were released at Disneyland, but that's what I thought was the deal. I think one sold for around $55 on ebay, and it then looked like there was no other interest. I guess there weren't a lot of buyers for these, and they packed them up and sent them to the Fort. I'll bet they end up at the castmember store for a bargain.

In case anyone is interested, here's a blog entry I found about this River Country vinylmation: http://destinationvinylmation.blogspot.com/2012/01/then-and-now-disneys-river-country.html

TCD

Great update, Stef!

I loved all the photos.

It looks like it wasn't very busy around the Fort.

I am surprised to see that River Country Vinylmation was for sale in the Trading Post.

I don't really understand the whole Vinylmation thing, but I saw a few of those River Country ones for sale on ebay. The way I understood it, these were a limited edition and they were only sold at Disneyland when they were released some time last month. It didn't make sense to me that they were released at Disneyland, but that's what I thought was the deal. I think one sold for around $55 on ebay, and it then looked like there was no other interest. I guess there weren't a lot of buyers for these, and they packed them up and sent them to the Fort. I'll bet they end up at the castmember store for a bargain.

In case anyone is interested, here's a blog entry I found about this River Country vinylmation: http://destinationvi...er-country.html

TCD

They even quoted your TR on Voldemort. TCD is a classic!

We ventured into the 900 loop.

Feb2012Fort073.jpg

And I was sad to see this empty site, just waiting for a pop up and it's gator gnome. This was the site TCD had at Halloween. If you look closely, you can see that he had a nice view of the trading post. It could also be considered lake front property after the torrential rains we had Halloween morning.

Feb2012Fort076.jpg

From the 900's we crossed the street to the 600 loop...Sunny Sage Loop. You can see that the beginning of this loop is very sunny, which is nice to look at, but I would not want to be assigned to it in our brutal summers.

Feb2012Fort081.jpg

One of the lakefront sites was empty, so I hopped out to get a couple pictures of the Bike Barn, bridge and TnBob's dock.

Feb2012Fort078.jpg

Feb2012Fort077.jpg

Feb2012Fort080.jpg

I was getting ready to give this person a piece of my mind about using Bob's dock, but she/he was a CM who explained she/he was only cleaning it for Bob's next visit, so I let her/him slide.

I can't be sure which gender this person was, I'll let you pick!

Feb2012Fort079.jpg

In case you're wondering if the 600 loop is a pet loop, I can assure you that it is.

Feb2012Fort129.jpg

While we were looping, Doodle texted me to see if I wanted to go on a mission. Of course I did, so we went back to our site, and I walked over to Doodle in the 300's.

What she didn't tell me was that she wanted me to drive her cart (the one Lorna & Richie store for her ;) ) I'm comfortable driving my own cart, but I can just reach the pedals. I wasn't so lucky in this one! I basically looked like a 12 year old sitting on the very edge of the seat, while Doodle put her arm behind me as a brace. Everyone who passed us did a double take. They either thought I was an underage driver, or a lesbian. Either way, we continued.

Our goal was to see if any of the now free wifi at the Trading Posts would reach into the nearest campsites. We circled through the 600 loop and picked up a small signal, but probably not enough to actually use. We parked at the Meadow Trading post and Doodle walked up to the porch to check the signal strength.

Feb2012Fort083.jpg

She finally got one, right on the porch. You can barely see her standing there, phone in hand, deep in concentration.

Feb2012Fort084.jpg

With our mission complete, I dropped her off and walked back to my site to check on Trevor and Mason.

There were dogs playing in the park, kids on the playground and this lonely guy fishing in the canal.

Feb2012Fort087.jpg

We ate some lunch, and decided to go to the horse barn.

Feb2012Fort088.jpg

Feb2012Fort089.jpg

The first thing I noticed was a new horse pen. It was strange because this area is supposedly going to be removed, and this pen is not even in the TCD ranch. The new pen is off to the left.

Feb2012Fort118.jpg

And these cute little guys were enjoying it.

Feb2012Fort091.jpg

Feb2012Fort090.jpg

Our plan was to walk around the (what used to be) the petting zoo and go see the big guys.

Feb2012Fort092.jpg

But the barn was roped off.

Feb2012Fort093.jpg

Now I will share a little secret. I love lizards! In fact, I love them so much, I have a tattoo of one on my lower back that very few people know about. Yes, it's my only tattoo.

This little guy was relaxing by the Mickey head sign.

Feb2012Fort094.jpg

Feb2012Fort095.jpg

Our big horse mission failed, so we continued down toward the beach.

The pavillion for Mickeys Backyard BBQ

Feb2012Fort097.jpg

And the vane that always makes me think of TCD. :heart:

Feb2012Fort098.jpg

We reached the end of the path. We could go left and creep around River Country, we could go straight out to Clementines beach, or turn right and make our way around Trails End.............decisions, decisions!

I really need to do more exploring when I am at the Fort. I can't wait to see which direction you headed.

I also don't know what this says about us, but I have seen your tattoo. ??? :rofl2:

You really do make the rounds don't u, did u end up in her bed also :rofl2: