Stef's Freaky February Fort Trip

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday morning, I woke up bright and early (happens when you go to bed at 9:00pm) Bright eyed & bushy tailed.....NO. I could only see out of one eye, because the other one was swollen shut. Obviously something had bitten me the previous day, so I woke up looking like a cyclops.

I don't know why I picture you with a patch squawking:

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.

We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot,

Drink up, me PUNCH, yo ho.

We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot,

Drink up me PUNCH, yo ho.

Now that i have regained focus.... GREAT LOOKIN' WAFFLE! A waffle with nutella... GENIUS!

Mean dad... DISLIKE.

Get a waffle!!! Obviously I enjoyed it so much I got one two days in a row.

The mean Dad.....Grrrr!! I try to never judge someones parenting skills, but this guy was such a blow hard, I wanted to just hug the boy and tell him to ramble away.

Really enjoying the report. Trevor's drink sounds perfect. I will make sure to remember how powerful it is if I have it.

Ok I have to ask....What is your crockpot lined with? It looks like clean up would be such a breeze.

My kids love nutella. We will definetly have to try the nutella and waffles.

Please be careful of that drink mix. It's so sweet and yummy, you don't realize until it's too late just how strong it is.

Carol is correct. I'm so spoiled by the crockpot liners, I never cook without them. Just pull the liner out and toss it. Sometimes whatever you're cooking will "sweat" outside of the liner and you have to wipe down the inside, but nothing compared to scrubbing baked on food. They are $2 and change at Walmart for a box of 3, and well worth the money!

Stef very nice TR, all of your pictures are great! I hope you don't mind if I use one of your inside the Disney bus pics to put in my scrap book. All the times we were at Disney have been super crowded and I was not able to get a picture of the inside.

Your pictures and report have brightened a very cold and snowy day for us here in KY. Thanks

Thanks Sunset lady!! Feel free to steal a picture. Glad that I can add to your scrapbook.

I'm liking this report!!!!! :clint:

Wow, you like something other than beer?!?! :clint:

This is a great trip report. I am Happy that Sheila and I had the pleasure of meeting you, Trevor and the kids. The night we were there visiting was very fun. Can't wait to be able to stay longer. Looks like we will be there Halloween.

Hey Tim!! Thanks for reading along. It was great to meet you guys too. My boys love to talk trucks and jeeps, and I'm happy to get a break from hearing about it. :)) That's great news that ya'll will be there for Halloween.

To rip off a phrase from TCD, it's good to be Mason.

We were hopping that they'd have a treat that Buddy would like, but no such luck. He just doesn't like treats.

Lou, I'm glad you're not reading along. I wish I was more like Buddy and didn't like treats, I just might be able to lose a couple of pounds. ::)

:jumpforjoy

Lovin' this report. I feel like I'm there! More pictures the better.

Love the furbabies too. cute cute and cute

Thank God you love fur babies. I don't have cute little kid pictures, so Mason fills that void.

Love the update Stef!!! You did good on the treat truck! All I got was one picture.

Thanks Carol, I was not going to let Monique down. I think you did good getting even one picture since you don't have any pets.

Wow I had to go back 3 pages to catch up from not being on after yesterday morning... Great Report luv the pics!!!

I was trying to finish this report up, but I still got a bit more. Thanks for not being overwhelmed and trudging through.

I don't know why I picture you with a patch squawking:

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.

We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot,

Drink up, me PUNCH, yo ho.

We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot,

Drink up me PUNCH, yo ho.

:walk-plank-smiley: Why is it, the more twisted you are, the more I like you? We may need double the bail fund come Halloween.

With my Treat Truck reporting accomplished, Amanda wanted to visit the horse barn.

I asked her to pose in front of the blooming flowers, but she got distracted by the butterflies.

Feb2012Fort377.jpg

Much better.

Feb2012Fort378.jpg

My favorite, fat, fuzzy pony

Feb2012Fort379.jpg

2 of the big guys were getting a bath

Feb2012Fort382.jpg

While gnawing on the fence.

Feb2012Fort380.jpg

Feb2012Fort383.jpg

This guy was roaming around the outside corral.

Feb2012Fort381.jpg

And a couple more ponies

Feb2012Fort384.jpg

After our horse barn expedition, we found the boys back at the site and Amanda & Nate took the cart out for a ride. Watching Mason eat ice cream must have triggered a craving for them.

Feb2012Fort385.jpg

Feb2012Fort386.jpg

Trevor fired up the grill to make Amanda her hot dogs (One of about 10 things that she will eat) I decided that cold Corona's would be my drink of choice tonight. I was punched-out after 5 nights of it. While the grilling was taking place, we got a new visitor.

Feb2012Fort387.jpg

That's Homebrew, aka Denny. We sat around the picnic table with a couple of cold ones, until Carol, Mike & Doodle stopped by, which meant more talking and drinking. We were all planning on going to TJ's site for his Birthday get together later on.

I cleaned up the dinner mess, and we moseyed over to the 1600 loop.

Just to further prove what kind of person TJ is, keep in mind, we were celebrating HIS birthday, but when we arrived he had a present for me!! :heart: He gave me a NASCAR Bubba Bear. He says 30 different "racing" things, but Nate & Trevor made me shut him off as they were tired of listening to him. He know has a permanent home in my bedroom.

When I met TJ's brother NVWSSV (Mike) at Halloween, he gave me a Lowe's Jimmie Johnson book. Their Momma should be proud of her boys! Not only are they extremely thoughtful, they both give the biggest, warmest hugs EVER. Those hugs are what I look forward to the most when seeing them, but gifts are icing on the cake. My next goal for Halloween 2012 is to get sandwiched between the boys in one big hug!! :bighug:

Here's a couple shots from the get together.

Feb2012Fort392.jpg

Feb2012Fort390.jpg

Lorna complained that everyone always gets pictures of her with her mouth open, so I got the mean face instead.

Feb2012Fort389.jpg

Feb2012Fort388.jpg

Feb2012Fort391.jpg

Feb2012Fort395.jpg

Poor CJ just couldn't get comfortable.

Feb2012Fort393.jpg

Feb2012Fort394.jpg

After a couple of hours of yakking it up, we called it a night. Tomorrow morning we were packing up to go home. :th_2mo5pow:

Love the update! I understand you wanting a group hug from TJ and Mike, I just worry we may never find you again!!

That's the whole point! What better way to get lost than between 2 strapping young men.

:rofl2: I really wish CJ would learn to relax!

Poor kid, he was whipped! There's nothing cuter than a sleeping little one.

All the Fort pictures are wonderful! I'm glad to see things will be green for my visit.

I am loving all the pictures of the treats. I need to try the carrot cookie (Starring Rolls or Writers Shop?) and the waffle!

I hope it stays green for you, we had a freeze warning last night and tonight.

I picked up the carrot cake cookie from the candy shop on Sunset Blvd in DHS, kind of by accident. Yummy, but you may want to share it, it's extremely sweet!!

Sunday morning came much faster than I had hoped and it was time to go home. :(

One last walk around the loop for Mason.

Feb2012Fort397.jpg

Feb2012Fort398.jpg

Feb2012Fort400.jpg

I stopped to take a picture of this decoration, when the owner of it came out of his rv. This is a redneck satellite dish, that he bought in New York...go figure?! It consists of a beer can and a pie plate.

Feb2012Fort399.jpg

We salvaged what was left of the punch.

Feb2012Fort401.jpg

And started tearing down camp. At TJ's gathering the night before, Carol had commented how fast we cleaned up at Halloween.

She said "I left to go have breakfast, you were here, I came back and you were gone!"

I explained that we're early risers and like to get home, unpack and have some down time before going back to work on Monday.

Than I told the truth: "Quick, the fiends are off at breakfast, let's get outta here before they come back!" :P

Just kidding, my first response was the real truth.

Feb2012Fort402.jpg

Feb2012Fort403.jpg

Fold up the screen room

Feb2012Fort404.jpg

Feb2012Fort405.jpg

With the clean up process almost complete, we made a couple of loops to say goodbye to the other fiends. It's not too hard to say goodbye to the Florida fiends because I am usually able to see them again soon. Saying goodbye to Doodle stinks because it will be Halloween before I see her again, but we survived without getting too choked up. We stopped by TJ's and he was cooking....BACON! No big surprise there.

We then went to finish our packing.

Load the cart

Feb2012Fort406.jpg

One last picture of Amanda in the Fort shirt that I bought her at Christmas

Feb2012Fort407.jpg

And one last picture of our empty site. Note the guy riding on his bike, he is probably wondering why I am taking his picture.

Feb2012Fort408.jpg

The last couple of shots on our way out.

Feb2012Fort409.jpg

Feb2012Fort410.jpg

Feb2012Fort411.jpg

Feb2012Fort412.jpg

Feb2012Fort413.jpg

Oh how I wish I was turning right towards the check-in, instead of left towards the exit, but another week at the Fort was over.

We were home by 1:00 pm. Back to life....dirty laundry, bills and work.

Thanks to all who read along and all the great comments. Until the next trip.... :wave1:

Great report Steph. I too hate the drive out. You should see how hard it is when Angie and her gang go after 2 months. Anniston has really gotten attached to staying there with them and it kills her to leave. Speaking of packing up and leaving, Fiesty was scheduled to go home today. Talk about a weird site. Seeing her site empty the day she goes is just not right. I think Disney should just let her have it year round.

Great report!! Had a blast with everybody that weekend!

Fun times, but always too short. (the visits, not me)

it's sad to see the packing pics :(

And sad to do the packing :(

Great report Steph.

Fiesty was scheduled to go home today. Seeing her site empty the day she goes is just not right.

Thanks.

I agree it's weird to see Judy's site when Judy isn't in it, but she'll be back.

Great report, Stef. I am getting better when you leave, not much but better. How long till Halloween? :heartsmiley: :hugs2: :heart: :wave1:

Only 8 months to go! :))

Great Report, Lots of great pics

Thanks for reading Harold!

Man, I felt like I was there with you all week and I was leaving the fort to.

Thanks for a wonderful trip to disney and the fort. :heartsmiley:

You're very welcome Michele! Now when are you going to really visit with me? ^-^

Great report as always Stef! I haven't been around much over the past week so am just getting caught up...and loved reading of your exploits! And thanks for the pood forn!! :heart:

Dave! I thought you were in the witness protection program or something. I thought the carrot cake cookie would bring you out for sure.

Glad your back and thanks for reading. Pood forn is one thing I can legitimately blame on you. Every time we sit down to eat, I scream at Trevor:

"Don't touch that yet, I gotta get a picture for Dave!"

You're welcome. :))

You're very welcome Michele! Now when are you going to really visit with me? ^-^

Dave! I thought you were in the witness protection program or something. I thought the carrot cake cookie would bring you out for sure.

Glad your back and thanks for reading. Pood forn is one thing I can legitimately blame on you. Every time we sit down to eat, I scream at Trevor:

"Don't touch that yet, I gotta get a picture for Dave!"

You're welcome. :))

Trevor must think I'm a weirdo. Maybe that's not too far off the mark. :rofl3:

Sorry it took me so long to get on board. Crazy times at work. I'm on my way up to Buffalo again today. In anticipation of the cold weather, I've been busily adding another layer of fat this weekend. I think I'm ready.

Excellent job, Stef!

That was a great report.

I'm really sorry that it's over.

I loved the last bunch of photos you posted- the ones from the barn, of the flowers, and especially the redneck satellite dish. I love that kind of stuff!

And, thanks for posting a photo of Amanda in a nice Fort t-shirt. I was beginning to worry that Crimson Tide stuff was all the poor girl ever wears.

I hope the next trip report you write will include a TCD sighting.

TCD

Trevor must think I'm a weirdo. Maybe that's not too far off the mark. :rofl3:

No weirder than every other fiend he has met, including me. 8)

I kind of wish I was going to Buffalo. I enjoy it just for a visit and some fun in the snow. I can't handle the cold for long, I think if I lived there I would weigh 200 lbs and drink like a fish.

I loved the last bunch of photos you posted- the ones from the barn, of the flowers, and especially the redneck satellite dish. I love that kind of stuff!

I hope the next trip report you write will include a TCD sighting.

TCD

I may try my hand at making one of those redneck satellites, it was cute and small (I can only load so much into the camper) It will need some kind of a Stef twist, though.

I hope so too.