New member, first post :) Popup toy hauler for golf cart

Hello all! We used to have a pop up, upgraded to Outback TT with intentions of golf cart in the back of the pickup, but decided to go back to pop up camping, we missed it! Anyways, no more pick up truck. So if we definately want a golf cart, is my only option one of these toy hauler pop ups? Ive seen the e2, e3s..also the fleetwood one. Are there any other ideas/models/etc? Also, I saw a little golf cart once at the fort...should have stopped the people. It was four seater, had all the room of a club car, but was somehow just smaller, and possibly foldable? anyways, anyone heard of this?? thanks to all!

Hello all! We used to have a pop up, upgraded to Outback TT with intentions of golf cart in the back of the pickup, but decided to go back to pop up camping, we missed it! Anyways, no more pick up truck. So if we definately want a golf cart, is my only option one of these toy hauler pop ups? Ive seen the e2, e3s..also the fleetwood one. Are there any other ideas/models/etc? Also, I saw a little golf cart once at the fort...should have stopped the people. It was four seater, had all the room of a club car, but was somehow just smaller, and possibly foldable? anyways, anyone heard of this?? thanks to all!

What you saw was probably a Cricut (not sure of the spelling), They don't go very far or fast, Grupy (Dave) might want to chime in he has had one and just switched to a regular golf cart.

oohhhhhhhhhh yes, this is what I want!! Sadly, I haven't found to much info in my area, but I did find this on ebay and DH and I are hoping to look into this soon, we are not sure if it will hold a golf cart or not..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2012-HW31SCTH-Front-Deck-Slide-Out-Toy-Hauler-Fold-Down-Pop-Up-Bath-Never-Used-/140698742044?pt=RVs_Campers&hash=item20c24c6d1c

that's about a 10 hour drive for us from Alabama, if you find out something please share it here! My husband wanted a TT but I often go with the kids by myself and I didnt want to deal with that big thing. We are currently Tent Campers and I love it, but with 5 kids, I'm looking for something I can hook up and take off with, packing and unpacking is a bear as you can imagine.

What you probably saw was a cricket golf cart, basically an ECV on steroids. They are slow as christmas, and have low battery life, but for some, do the job.

There are a few toy hauler Popups out there, but watch the tongue weight. You still need a HOSS of a tow vehicle with the weight of the golf cart on the front.

Oh, and WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya so never thought that the minivan wouldnt cut it with the toy hauler pop up....very interesting...may have gotten myself into a little situation here. Now Ive really got to figure out this puzzle. Is there such a thing as putting a golf cart behind the pop up, not towed, but attached on a deck somehow? Would this lower the needed towing capacity b/c it was on the back instead of the tongue? Who would have thought a new member could be so needy on their first post!

Ya so never thought that the minivan wouldnt cut it with the toy hauler pop up....very interesting...may have gotten myself into a little situation here. Now Ive really got to figure out this puzzle. Is there such a thing as putting a golf cart behind the pop up, not towed, but attached on a deck somehow? Would this lower the needed towing capacity b/c it was on the back instead of the tongue? Who would have thought a new member could be so needy on their first post!

I'm sorry I'm not alot of help on this subject, maybe click on that ebay listing and ask the seller that question, I'd bet they know the specifics. I did send them the question a few minutes ago about a golf cart on that deck, if they respond quickly, I'll ask them this question for you to. I'm sure they are not all the same but I'm sure they are similiar.

Probably not. If you put it in the back it will change the weight distribution on PU, putting the center of gravity behind the axle. That will make your PU squirrley as hell and very unsafe to tow. Towing capacity is the total weight that your minivan can tow, regardless of how it's distributed behind the MV. Tongue weight max is how much weight is pressing down directly on the ball from the trailer. If that weight exceeds the rated tongue weight, it can actually begin lifting your front wheels off the ground (go ahead, ask me how I know). Having no steering is a bad thing.

Oh BTW, Welcome to the group!

spoggy

I'm not welcoming bsprice until I see an aka and location.

Then maybe I'll say welcome.

Or maybe we've already met the quota for wherever they're from and they can be put on the waiting list.

Not just anybody can be a Fiend. That's not true Doodlebug made it in.

I threw z4f4d4bc745094.gifand snuck in while they were blinded. :doodebug: :rofl2:

I used to pull a popup with a minivan. I was at or close to my the van's capacities and my pup wasn't a toy hauler...just a regular Coleman pup, 10' box. I imagine with a GC on the front bed of the pup you would be way over on the tongue weight for your van. And as noted earlier, putting it somehow on the back would not work, I don't think. Did you sell your truck yet?

Mini van with a pop up and golf cart would be pushing it I would not want to do it. Golf cart in the bed of pick up and towing the pop up would be the best way to go, I think the popup toy haulers would not handle the weight of the cart. Good luck on your decision

I don't think any manufacturer will let you hook any thing on the back any more. Used to be Blue Ox made a golf cart carrier for the back of TT & FW but frame maker lawywers (no offense Gail) said "No Mas"

I'm not welcoming bsprice until I see an aka and location.

Then maybe I'll say welcome.

Or maybe we've already met the quota for wherever they're from and they can be put on the waiting list.

Not just anybody can be a Fiend. That's not true Doodlebug made it in.

Don't mind Lou. He had a birthday this week and apparently in addition to be another year older, he's another year Snarkier! :rofl2: