On our local TV station, FOX 29, out of West Palm Beach, they are reporting that Disney has announced that they are going to enforce the hour-long window of usage on the fast pass in a stricter fashion. What does this mean to you?

Well, if you are a frequent flyer, you might be one of those who get the passes and come back later and use it. Frequent Flyers are not the only ones who do this. Disney's old policy is that once the fast past becomes active, you can use it, say after 1:10pm. Now, you will be required to use it from 1:10-2:10pm, as it states on the actual fast pass ticket.

So, those of you who do not plan (like me) and use your tickets whenever, those days seem to be over. Using fast pass when they say is now going to be the rule of the day.

Enjoy!

They must be cracking down more than not because when it hits the local news down here, that means people have complained to the station. I know they are just enforcing known policies, but it is a change in their past behavior of enforcing the rule.

It could mean that we spend less time in the parks than we originally planned. We're going during a peak time. We plan to hit rope drop and tour until naptime for DS. I know we'll still go back, but we might just do some minor attractions and fireworks a few nights.

My guess, using the FastPasses at a later time gave many the option to collect them during the early hours. You would then leave and take a break. Come back later on and use those fastpasses on the rides you collected them for, way past original times.

Now, when you come back later, you have to stand in the lines to ride the same rides you could have gotten on with the fastpasses. Not many are going to want to stand in those lines.

I saw a story about it on the FOX website.

It also said they felt it was a precursor to testing a new system they were calling X-pass, where you could schedule your passes online weeks or months in advance.

Don't know if there is any validity to that or not, just repeating what the story said. Never heard of it anywhere else.

Anybody?

It also said they felt it was a precursor to testing a new system they were calling X-pass, where you could schedule your passes online weeks or months in advance.

Don't know if there is any validity to that or not, just repeating what the story said. Never heard of it anywhere else.

There is validity to that story.

The announcement for the "next generation Fastpass" was made a while back.

You'll be able to reserve times for attractions, character interactions, and shows before arriving at WDW.

Enforcing the return times for all FPs is required if the new system is going to work properly.

You must have a good reason, but I'm not understanding why you might spend less time in the parks.

Since our son is so young, he can't handle waiting in really, really long lines. Plus, they make DH cranky. I had planned to collect FPs to use when we return after our nap break, but now it's not possible. We'll stroll around and hit the minor attractions, but I could also see us being content to come back early and hang around the Fort since we won't have an "must dos" to look forward to in the evening.

Kelly, that is our current plan for this trip. Hit the parks at rope drop then spend the rest of the afternoon/evening at the Fort or only back for an ADR. This trip is our taking in all the sights tour. I used to schedule it to the 1/2 hour where we need to be and how to get and use the FastPasses. Looking forward to taking more pictures of us and stuff instead of rushing here to there.

We have only used the fast pass a couple of times when the grandchildren were with us. We went back at the stated time. We did not know you could use them as other times. When entering the Safrai Ride at the AK, we were told by the castmember to go to the fast pass line and she put a card or something one of the wheel chairs. So we did as we were told and over we went and they took us right in. They said we did not need to stand in line with 2 wheel chairs. However, after getting in there we still had to wait a few minutes for Shawnee and me to board and when we returend Ken and Kimberly still had not been on the ride so they decided not to wait any longer. It appears someone else with a wheel chair was on so there was no room for them till one of us returned.

We always try to follow the rules as Disney Castmembers have always been very accomodating to us and our children.