• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone asked, when should I come in order to avoid the annoying, loud, rude, and obnoxious groups? I said, oh, you know the Fiends. Fiends, I don't know about the Fiends, I'm referring to the Brazili

You've obviously mistaken me for a hip person. Do they even use that word anymore? See what I mean.

For the first nine years, I use to do a full day every week at the Orlando airport greeting 4 or so families. As I greeter I would hold up a GKTW sign at the exit to the gates, take them to get their

Where do all the FW/WL/CR transport boats go at night? I have seen them coming from across the lake in the AM, but where do they dock them/store them?

If you go to the satellite shot of Bay Lake you'll see an inlet at the very top. Zoom in and you'll see the watercraft maintenance and docking area.

In the current Google Maps, one of the ferrys is docked their. That's usually where the 3rd ferry is stored when not in use.

That's also probably where the Liberty Bell is being refurbished.

Every once in a while you'll see one where one of the plants went on a growth spurt and wasn't trimmed. So Belle ends up with really bushy eyebrow or something.

Bushy eyebrow -Do they pluck it or trim it with clippers? :rofl2:

or something ... wax job?

Zoinks!

I was afraid you were going to turn this into a discussion about pruning the bushes. It seems I always have to hedge my bets with you.

I have been to enough sexual harassment training and REtraining to know where the fine line is. But that still doesn't stop me.

Have you ever had any famous people on your bus? Other than the Fiends of course.

Not that I'm aware of, however during one of my many breaks from the real working world, I worked as a concierge at the GF,

In that position and because it was the GF, I did deal with quite a few.

Just a small sample.

IMO, the one celebrity that really stands out is the one with the name on the KTTW card photo.

He is Edsel Ford II. He is the great grandson of Henry Ford and son of Henry Ford II. To me that was amazing.

He came to my desk one morning, I didn't know who he was at that point, and said he had a question about his bill.

He told me that they had charged him for the room, but he was under the impression that there would be no charge. He had given the keynote speech at a conference at the GF convention center.

I invited him to have a seat in front of my desk. He wasn't angry and very polite. When I saw the name on the bill, I thought, holy crap. This guy is world famous in the business world and he's asking me to help him.

I didn't even bother calling anyone to find out about the bill, I just comped him the room.

He thanked me for dealing with the problem so quickly and asked what should he do with the key cards.

I would normally say, just leave them in the room or throw them out, but I had an ulterior motive and said, just leave them with me. I kept them and they have a prominent place in my automotive collection.

He was one of the nicest people I have met, never mind that he was who he was.

Untitled-1-8.jpg

Ok, just one more.

I did have the showbiz types, but I'm not impressed by them in slightest and as I was and am a small business owner, this one guy was of interest to me.

At that time he had his own show on CNBC, a business channel, but I believe that when he stayed at the GF, he was in transition.

He now has his own show on the Fox Business Network and can be seen regularly as a business/investing news contributor on Fox News. His name is Stuart Varney.

When we first met he was a little standoffish and had a slight high and mighty attitude. But unless someone was into investing and business, they wouldn't know who he was.

I spoke to him in such a way that made it clear that I knew who he was and that I was well versed in business and investing matters. That was a good ice breaker. It also put us on an equal footing. He was much friendlier and open with me after that.

The one, kind of funny thing I remember about his stay was when one morning he came to the Concierge desk, sat in front of me and gave me a fake smile exposing a big gap in his front teeth. One of his caps had come off. I quickly hooked him up with a local dentist and all was right with the world after that.

So if you see him on TV speaking about business matters with that great British accent that he has, picture him with a missing front tooth.

SV.jpg