YC's Pre-Trip Report--Efforts of a Novice

Yeah right, and I am the tooth fairy.....

Great start to the report. Way to jump in with both feet.

No other way to jump in...Are you saying Lou isn't always truthful :dropjaw:

Your getting there on getting ready!! I LOVE those plastic drawers! We use them in all different sizes all over the camper. MUCH better than bins :)

Some friends we camp with started on those and at first we were skeptical but those things have turned out to be great and they fit perfectly inside the camper.

They were enforcing the fast pass times two weeks ago.

Thanks for the news, even if I don't like to hear that. It will ruin the way we usually go around the park. Oh well, something new makes life interesting.

I enjoy reading pre-trip reports from fellow campers. I like to see how everyone else packs and gets ready for vacation.

Love the Mickey mugs.

Michele

Thanks Michelle, I have many more and I don't know why I keep them all. I will show more of my collection off in the morning. I hope to get to some more packing on Wednesday. However, I am sure Thursday will be an all night cram session.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I was sitting on my deck drinking out of my favorite Mickey mug I had picked up at the World several years back, I was thinking about all the things I had done to prepare for this next 700 mile t

Once again, we are all enriched by sharing with other and enjoying being Fiends!!!!!

We're happy you're here Eric. The online thing is just a part of FF.Net. It goes way beyond virtual bantar. There are real people that you can meet, get to know, and in a lot of cases, become friends

This evenings installment starts with the drive home from work. I had a meeting in one of the more rural areas of TN today and the drive home was beautiful! The way the sun filtered through the trees I got that excited anticipatory feeling of being at the Fort.

I got home and pulled the camper out from under the carport to pop up and check supplies. My wife put the sheets on the beds and we stocked up on all the supplies and loaded some things that are stored inside during the winter.

DSCN0459.jpg

My wife left to go help with Inner City Ministries and I worked on getting all the bikes aired up and put on top of the camper. This took a while as i also had to make sure the kids were doing their homework and finish up dinner that my wife had started. I managed to get the bikes on top of the camper which wasn't as easy as it should have been.

DSCN0461.jpg

Here are some of the snacks that are going down with us on the trip. The main thing that is still missing is sunflower seeds. There is nothing better to ease your mind into a long road trip than chewing on sunflower seeds.

DSCN0464-1.jpg

That is all I have tonight and tomorrow is a little league baseball game so I doubt much will get done tomorrow but who knows I might get a burst of energy.

I love those drawer bins. I never did get it figured out how to pack clothes. Always in bags, then bags are everywhere. This is brilliant. See, your pre TR is already paying off. Looking forward to more! When will you be there? We will be there most likely easter weekend...hopefully!

Love the mugs. We've got a growing collection as well. It's like starting your day with a little bit of WDW.

I love that pre-trip excitement, the packing, etc.

DVCcamper, thanks for the response. The pre-trip excitement is overtaking me, however the pre-trip stress of packing and keeping up a daily schedule is overtaking me as well. Oh well, got to keep moving forward.

I love those drawer bins. I never did get it figured out how to pack clothes. Always in bags, then bags are everywhere. This is brilliant. See, your pre TR is already paying off. Looking forward to more! When will you be there? We will be there most likely easter weekend...hopefully!

Family of Bears, Thanks for the feedback. We got our bins at Target and they easily stack beside both beds on the counters in our Coleman Bayside. We could stack more but don't need them. We will be there until Easter morning. I hope you guys make it and we get to say hello.

YC

Hi YC:

I'm in on the pre-trip report - love the coffee cups - a bit of Disney is a great way to start everyday, especially when your reading pre-trip reports from the coziness of your MH after a big breakfast at Trails End, and a bike ride to Meadows for a Happy Camper mug - currently filled with concoctions other than coffee! :-)

:10220:

Looking forward to your arrival!

This is so fun! I would start a PTR, but I still have 6 months to go so I will wait. But in the meantime I will enjoy the heck out of yours!!

And bring on the Seinfeld lines!! DH and I always say everything that happens in our life can be summed up with either a line from Seinfeld or Family Guy. :rofl2:

Last night, I got all the camera batteries charged, SD cards cleared, and cameras packed and ready to go. We picked up a reservation at Kona Café and Biergarten. We have mapped out which parks we are going which days. Added to our list of things to do and not forget. Most importantly I put the annual passes in my wallet.

The little league team ran into a buzz saw last night. This kid was throwing gas, we lost 3-1. That makes my team .500 going into spring break. The fever is building really high can’t wait to leave.

Here was my morning mug. Not one of my favorites…but it is still a WDW product.

DSCN0467.jpg

Hi YC:

I'm in on the pre-trip report - love the coffee cups - a bit of Disney is a great way to start everyday, especially when your reading pre-trip reports from the coziness of your MH after a big breakfast at Trails End, and a bike ride to Meadows for a Happy Camper mug - currently filled with concoctions other than coffee! :-)

:10220:

Looking forward to your arrival!

Thanks for the reply, I am jealous of your concoction and your location. I hope you are around when we get down there.

This is so fun! I would start a PTR, but I still have 6 months to go so I will wait. But in the meantime I will enjoy the heck out of yours!!

And bring on the Seinfeld lines!! DH and I always say everything that happens in our life can be summed up with either a line from Seinfeld or Family Guy. :rofl2:

We love Seinfeld. Six months will pass fast the last week will take forever. The PTR is really helping my time to go faster. The next two days will be jammed packed and hopefully worth reading. Thanks for checking in.

I keep telling the wife we need to get the bins for our PUP, plus they would travel great behind the rear seat of our van. Maybe before our trip to Niagar Falls we will have them, what size are they, if you don't mind measuring. Take care of that ABS roof, maybe you are one of the lucky ones. Thanks, and great report.

Best Regards,

Norm

Norm,

They have been great and fit right behind the seats in the Odyssey van as well as on the counters beside the bed in the PUP. The big ones are 20" wide by 17" deep by 10.5" tall. The smaller ones are 15.5 wide by 17 deep and 9 tall. The smaller ones were great when the boys were little but we need to bump them up to the larger ones now that they are older. This bins are sold individually not on the roll around stacks of three.

The roof is in great shape so far, except I have now seen my first hair line cracks appearing after winter. I am going to MEK/ABS goo them and then coat the whole top in grizzly grip. Hopefully I can get another 10 years out of her. She is a 2002 model. Have you ever checked out the PUX website?

YC

Last night and this morning were crazy, but not as crazy as tonight will be. I got an SD card reader to use to download pictures and made sure my Android phone will work well as a hotspot. It was working great last night. Even chatted with DaveINTn, TnBob, Kimski, and Pirate Jeff using it. It stopped working in the middle of my Thanksgiving tirp last year.

I got some bins packed with clothes and I hope late tonight to show you all the packing that has been done. IF things go well we will be on the road by 3:00 central time tomorrow. We will stay just south of Macon and drive in on Saturday morning.

Here is yet another Disney mug to start my day and yours.

DSCN0471.jpg

@4Brians, we are ging to be there July 11-15, we are staying at 4 Mile Creek State Park.

@YC, yes I'm on PUX as acenorm, but I am liking Canvas Campers a little more. Some people on PUX irk me every once in a while with the attitudes, but they do know their fixes.

Best Regards,

Norm

The morning had finally arrived… Travel Day! So I broke out a travel mug…

DSCN0473.jpg

Last nights packing was pretty fruitful…

DSCN0475.jpg

DSCN0474.jpg

But then it was time to go to work. Would 2:30 ever get here??? When I got home, my hardworking DW had the van all packed.

Nothing left but the hooking up… the van to the camper, that is! (get your minds out of the gutter!)

DSCN0477.jpg

Fort Wilderness, Here We Come!

DSCN0478.jpg

We remembered the DS's Easter baskets and look what was in the bin with them…

We had to bring him along!

DSCN0480.jpg

Currently we are stuck in a traffic jam outside of Chattanooga.

That was not part of our plans, but at least it makes this post a little easier to compose… HA!

YC

Just joining in! Have a great trip! Can't wait to read the rest of your trip report safe travels my sister in law is also stuck on 75s heading to Daytona with my niece and nephew (my poor brother had to work and missed his family's trip)