YC's Pre-Trip Report--Efforts of a Novice

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I was sitting on my deck drinking out of my favorite Mickey mug I had picked up at the World several years back, I was thinking about all the things I had done to prepare for this next 700 mile t

Once again, we are all enriched by sharing with other and enjoying being Fiends!!!!!

We're happy you're here Eric. The online thing is just a part of FF.Net. It goes way beyond virtual bantar. There are real people that you can meet, get to know, and in a lot of cases, become friends

Following along on this great trip report, love all the pictures, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you are enjoying. I tried to take more pictures today. Unfortunately I lost some pictures due to a card read error. I only had some good ones of Epcot from the monorail though. It wasn't too bad of a loss.

YC, Thanks for letting us follow along on your vacation! Great Report! Loved seeing TYPHOON.

I hope it is wetting the wistle of those who aren't coming to the Fort for a while. I know other's trip reports do that for me. BTW my wife is originally from Dayton, Ohio. Isn't that just a little north of you?

YC

Looking forward to the next update!

Glad you all are having a good time and I am really glad your son's arm wasn't seriously hurt.

Thanks for the response and good thoughts for my son. He is going to have a nasty little scar there for a while, but believe the Good Lord spared him the real pain.

You may have read in the previous post my wife is from Ohio too!

Here is the post that should have shown up this morning...

This mug isn't the one I wanted but I thought I would get it anyway. It did a good job of keeping the coffee hot this morning for the ride over to Animal Kingdom.

We went to DisneyQuest last night with the boys, I have a few cool shots for the next post and the animals were everywhere at AK this morning making for some good photos as well. I have a ton of good shots when I can sit down and post later tonight.

In the meantime look at this mug and smile, There is at least one Happy Camper right now...YC :)

DSCN0723.jpg

Awesome trip report!!

Love all the coffee mugs!

I cringed when I read about your son getting burned. I am SO HAPPY that he is fine!!

That picture that you posted a few pages back of Mickey and Minnie on the beach......I have that and I love it!

My boys LOVE the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon too! In fact we usually do as many water park days as theme park days on any given trip. On our August trip we spent three days at Typhoon and one at Blizzard Beach. We think the slide are better at Blizzard, but the wave pool at Typhoon trumps everything for my guys!!

Looking forward to more!

Heidi

The wireless at the campground reminds me of dialup it is so slow. I had an hour to get caught up and couldn't get pix in photobucket quick enough. I have lots to add as soon as I can. Today is the last day :(

Got a treat last night meeting Stacktester. Thanks for stopping by!

Got a treat last night meeting Stacktester. Thanks for stopping by!

Please don't let that leave a bad taste in your mouth, the rest of us aren't like that. :rofl2:

Let's take a step back to Thursday the 5th. It was a lazy day for us. We got up late and then took the boat over to MK and picked up a new set of Sorcerer cards and then took the Monorail over to Epcot to see a little bit more of the Flowers. We ate some Pizza at Via Napoli and tired some Japanese counter service. I had some pretty good shots of the flowers but due to an SD card overload have lost all those pictures.

I took the boys to Disney Quest. That place is unreal. If I had thought about it I would have taken more shots. There are 5 floors of video games and simulators and much more.

DSCN0713.jpg

We then finished the night off on the beach eating take out from Trails End and watching ELP and Wishes.

Friday dawned early but not too early. We made AK at 8:00 and headed straight back to Expedition Everest.

Before I show you EE pixs take a look at this one. We were probably one of the first 100 cars to park and we had to park on the grass. Weird.

DSCN0727.jpg

DSCN0730.jpg

DSCN0734.jpg

Expedition Everest is one of our favs, we rode three times in a row.

DSCN0779.jpg

DSCN0780.jpg

DSCN0781.jpg'

We then rode Primevil Whirl

DSCN0793.jpg

Have you ever noticed how many camping themed things there are in AK? Here are two..

DSCN0786.jpg

DSCN0799.jpg

There are more but that is all I have time for this morning.

Err this evening now. We came back for a short rest and are going back tonight for the shows and some more Sorcery. If I am not too tired I will post some before going to bed.

After PW and EE, we headed over to Kilamanjaro Safari. It was a short wait and we saw more animals than we ever had before.

DSCN0742.jpg

DSCN0755.jpg

DSCN0756.jpg

DSCN0776.jpg

DSCN0778.jpg

DSCN0772.jpg

DSCN0773.jpg

DSCN0768.jpg

I left you with a couple of pictures of camper themed items... here are a couple of more shots I found around AK.

DSCN0802.jpg

DSCN0801.jpg

That's all the road will let me do right now. We will pick it up later... travels have been good so far other than driving through a forest fire. It's never as fun going home as it is going down, huh?!?

YC

Hope you have a safe trip home. Your right......its never as much fun going home as going down!!!! While we absolutely LOVE the ride down, I could almost cry when we have to drive home. When we fly its not as bad, but close!

I am sad that this report is almost done, but am looking forward to your next update!

Heidi