YC's Pre-Trip Report--Efforts of a Novice

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I was sitting on my deck drinking out of my favorite Mickey mug I had picked up at the World several years back, I was thinking about all the things I had done to prepare for this next 700 mile t

Once again, we are all enriched by sharing with other and enjoying being Fiends!!!!!

We're happy you're here Eric. The online thing is just a part of FF.Net. It goes way beyond virtual bantar. There are real people that you can meet, get to know, and in a lot of cases, become friends

Cool pictures. Looks like you guys had a good time.

We had a blast! Our year at Disney will end soon, but I think our friendships developed here will bring us back a little sooner. Maybe a GG sometime.

Gorgeous pics!!

Would you believe these were made with an iPhone, an old Minolta 5mp point and shoot, or old Nikon 6mp point and shoot. I want a new camera but really these are easy and do a pretty good job. Wait till you see our fireworks pictures they will suprise you.

Great family picture in Paris!

Thanks, sadly, probably the closest we will ever get as a family to the Eiffel Tower. Of course the dumb water fountain shut off while he was taking the picture. :(

Monday of our vacation week took us to HS. We usually follow what touringplans.com suggests. I find them to be more accurate than Disney's projections for wait times.

DSCN0580.jpg

DSCN0582.jpg

The scenes dashing to TSM...

DSCN0583.jpg

DSCN0584.jpg

DSCN0585.jpg

DSCN0586.jpg

PICT7710.jpg

It was off to RnR and ToT...We love RnR rode it three times in a row here are some pix. Yes we were too cheap to by the actual pictures so this is the best we could do.

DSCN0594.jpg

DSCN0595.jpg

DSCN0622.jpg

DSCN0592.jpg

Some more fun shots through the park...

DSCN0597.jpg

DSCN0598.jpg

The Artist Studio was one of our favorite activities..

IMG_0048.jpg

DSCN0611.jpg

Vote for which one you think is best. This will break the family tie..

Naturally we all voted for our own, how narcisistic of us...

Untitled.jpg

DSCN0615.jpg

DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0619.jpg

DSCN0620.jpg

I'm going to buck the trend and go with #3. Artist #3 gets extra credit for including the Pluto sign (but I think there should only be one paw in Pluto).

I also want to add that the TCD gang just recently tried the drawing activity for the very first time, and we enjoyed it very much. I wish we had tried it earlier. I have a feeling that this will be a must-do on future visits to DHS.

I like how you can tell that all four of those drawings are of Pluto, but each one is distinct from the others.

TCD

Keep the votes coming. The tally so far is

Sketch 1 = 4 Lou's vote only counts for 1 vote... but the artist is flattered.

Sketch 2 = 0

Sketch 3 = 2

Sketch 4 = 5

Thanks to all who have responded! Dave, Cherie, Gwen, Carol, Stef, TCD, Heidi, Lou, and Yvonne and her girls.

We just tried this for the first time too. Unfortunately we got a character we were unfamiliar with ... Ray!

What movie is Ray from?

We were left at the doors and were the first in for Pluto, but we found out we just missed Sorcerer Mickey.

We like Pluto, but Sorcerer Mickey would have been even better.

We were left at the doors and were the first in for Pluto, but we found out we just missed Sorcerer Mickey.

We like Pluto, but Sorcerer Mickey would have been even better.

When we visited here, it was later in the day, and we were on standby to get in with the group that was waiting in the roped-off area.

As we stood there, a young lady came up and asked the castmember doing crowd control what characters had been drawn that day. The guy had a clipboard there and read off the characters for the young lady. She decided to get in line at that point. Based on some other things she said, we figured out she was a castmember and that she came here often.

When we got in, the young man running the show actually went through a list of the characters that could be drawn. He let the audience respond by saying whether or not they had drawn that one, and he continued down the list until he found one that nobody had drawn.

I can't imagine it is always done this way, but that was our experience.

I guess if you want one of the classic characters like Mickey, your odds are better earlier in the day.

TCD

Ray is from the Princess and the Frog

Thanks, Carol. My two boys haven't wanted to see that movie since they are soooo grown up and way to old to watch a girl movie.

Thank goodness I had them watch the classics before they came to know more than I do.

I vote for 1. Something about the ears.

Thanks for your vote!

Okay so now we have a tie. Anybody willing to break it?

I guess if you want one of the classic characters like Mickey, your odds are better earlier in the day.

TCD

I think you are right about that.

Our Artist said he only draws a character once and this was his last shift so we had two to pick from...Pluto and Mushu.

Pluto won easily.

Hey Eric, didn't I say that my vote should count for more as I am the only professional illustrator, that means I got paid for it, in this bunch of amateurs?

My hand drawn technical illustrations are hanging in the Louvre in Paris. Ok, that's a slight exaggeration.

I did win the medal for the best drawing, by far, Mickey head on our recent DCL cruise.

Hey Eric, didn't I say that my vote should count for more as I am the only professional illustrator, that means I got paid for it, in this bunch of amateurs?

My hand drawn technical illustrations are hanging in the Louvre in Paris. Ok, that's a slight exaggeration.

I did win the medal for the best drawing, by far, Mickey head on our recent DCL cruise.

Well if you had voted for mine, I would agree with your extra votes!!!