YC's Pre-Trip Report--Efforts of a Novice

The morning started bright and early, see the mug photo from earlier. My wife really enjoyed this mug, three of her favorite things: Mickey, Gardening, and Coffee all in one spot.

We got to the bus stop at dark-thirty hours but saw some great sights

DSCN0627.jpg

DSCN0632.jpg

DSCN0637.jpg

We entered the park just a little past rope drop and began with some pictures in front of the castle then off to ride Space Mountain three times and Buzz Lightyear before heading to check out Fantasyland.

DSCN0641.jpg

We really looked forward to riding the Barnstormer again as one night when the kids were younger we rode it late one EMH night over and over without getting off. The kids have missed getting to ride it. Here is a pic I took standing in line to ride it.

DSCN0650.jpg

We of course rode Dumbo. If mom is around you ride Dumbo even if you are a pre-teen.

DSCN0660.jpg

While standing in line I noticed something funny. See the number on this picture..

DSCN0661.jpg

The arms are numbered 18-33 which is 16 arms. Now when the second Dumbo opens, assuming they are rough copies of each other then the arms would be numbered only 1-16. Where did 17 go? It will be interesting to see how they are numbered. I think I remember counting them one time and there only being 16 or roughly 32 passengers. I was trying to figure out when we were in line one time...I know, only a mathematician would do such a thing.

I hope the second one is open when we come in June so I can solve this mystery, but if anyone can solve this before then please post.

After Dumbo we made the rounds, but in the middle of the day had to stop for some Dole whip floats. My youngest son had the one on the right with rootbeer in it. YUCK!!! but he liked it.

DSCN0670.jpg

We finished with Splash Mountain and then back to the Fort. I wonder how those kids were allowed to swim in the Lake. Anyway it looked fun to us.

DSCN0691.jpg

We are off to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon tomorrow. We will decide later tonight after letting the kids look at the webiste for a while. Look for another mug in the morning to get your day going right.

YC

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I was sitting on my deck drinking out of my favorite Mickey mug I had picked up at the World several years back, I was thinking about all the things I had done to prepare for this next 700 mile t

Once again, we are all enriched by sharing with other and enjoying being Fiends!!!!!

We're happy you're here Eric. The online thing is just a part of FF.Net. It goes way beyond virtual bantar. There are real people that you can meet, get to know, and in a lot of cases, become friends

YC- You are a guy after my own heart. I don't think there are too many people who notice that the Dumbo arms have numbers, or that there may be a number missing.

Good job!

TCD

I guess since you spiked me I must have become your Padiwan learner of sorts. (Sorry again it took me 5 months to figure that out.) Six years of reading your TRs must have rubbed off a little. I am honored to have your approval.

I was thinking today that maybe Disney skipped the number 13 on the orignial Dumbo. Is it possible that Disney Imagineers are superstitous? I haven't been to Bay Lake Towers and only once many years ago to the California Grill, does Disney not number the 13th floor? I iwll have to stop by the Contemporary this week and find out. I am not even sure those buildings have 13 stories. What do you think?

YC

I woke up to a cup of coffee from my wife in my somewhat beat up All Star Movies mug, not as nice as her red one I used yesterday. Oh well at least she made the coffee this morning.

Did you know it says in the Bible the man should make the coffee....Haven't you heard of the book HEBREWS. Get it HE-BREWS. I crack myself up.

100_0227.jpg

Well the picture below about says it all for our day.

100_0153.jpg

Typhoon Lagoon it was we were swept away to play.

Here was the picture from the overlook entering the park. I had to turn around after dropping off the family to go get our underwater camera. It is a cheapy Kodak that actually belongs to our son but it took some great underwater photos today.

100_0154.jpg

We rode all the rides but loved the lazy river, but getting a float was cut throat man elbowing and boxing out was the rule. Four floats for the fam was hard to come by.

100_0155.jpg

I thought this was cool picture, but my youngest son said it just had to make him pee. I wonder why?

100_0174.jpg

Seriously, my kids loved the Wave pool an didn't want to leave it, however they both lost their goggles due to a wave late in the day. We rode all the slides and Crush n Gusher was a blast, but my favorite by far was the Humunga Kowabunga. My youngest and I rode it a couple a times back to back.

The Shark Reef was was very cool. I will have to go back when i am not watching my kids so much. Here is one picture I took, I will post the whole video when I figure that out better.

100_0200.jpg

Finally it was time to go here is the exiting picture. I tried a 16x9 picture not sure how it will turn out but you should see no one is in the pool.

100_0221.jpg

And now the finale of the day...........

LET THE......BEGIN

100_0176.jpg

This is the morning mug. NOT a Disney mug because they were out of the cool Happ100_0229.jpgy Camper mugs I had planned to buy. I am not crazy about the metal ones but I guess I will get one anyway. This silver mug came with our insulated coffee maker. It goes with us on every trip and does keep the coffee amazingly hot.

We are off to Epcot to finish the flowers.

I guess since you spiked me I must have become your Padiwan learner of sorts. (Sorry again it took me 5 months to figure that out.) Six years of reading your TRs must have rubbed off a little. I am honored to have your approval.

I was thinking today that maybe Disney skipped the number 13 on the orignial Dumbo. Is it possible that Disney Imagineers are superstitous? I haven't been to Bay Lake Towers and only once many years ago to the California Grill, does Disney not number the 13th floor? I iwll have to stop by the Contemporary this week and find out. I am not even sure those buildings have 13 stories. What do you think?

YC

Ah, TCD has another padiwan! Awesome. Especially since if you had used the word padiwan 6 months ago, I would not have know what you were talking about. But the TCD gang has watched all of the Star Wars movies in the last few months.

About the Contemporary Resort. It does not have a floor with the number 13.

When we recently stayed there, we learned that if you add the first two digits of the room number, it will tell you what floor your room is on. Our room number began with 4-4, so we were on the 8th floor.

Well, check this out:

IMG_3624.jpg

If you add 4 and 9, you get 13, right?

But this room sign indicates that the room is on the 14th floor.

The floors go from 12 to 14.

Interestingly enough, the Fort has a 1300 loop.

TCD

Great update. This may be a first for FFiends. Typhone lagon. :rofl3:

The place is very lush and peaceful really, even with thousands of people around you.

Pictures! Yes pictures!

Hope these pictures were better. I have a few more for tonights post.

WooHoo!! Great update!!

Thanks Carol. We really enjoyed the water park.

He-brews... :rofl2:

Great update. Looks like ya'll are having a great time.

I am glad someone gets my jokes. We are having a great time but it is proving way too short as we leave on Sunday. I need more time....

woo hoo!!! :thewave1: great so far!!

What a wave! Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Thanks for the update YC. I don't know that I have seen reports from Typhoon Lagoon before. There is a first for everything. :)

I am glad to provide a first! I may have more pictures to post when we get home.

If I am able I plan on trying to get into Bay Lake Towers to see how they numbered their floors.

We stayed at BLT about a year ago and I'm pretty sure there was no number 13 on the elevator buttons. I have a vague recollection of explaining why that was so to my youngest.

Enjoying the trip report. Great seeing the Typhoon Lagoon pics. Have fun!

If I read this TR, I would probably say that you're doing a great job. But I didn't, so I won't.

Glad to see you are smart enough to stay away. The boys want me to tell you hello, but I won't

Great trip report. It looks like you are having a good time, enjoy!

We are having a great time. Thanks for reading along.

We stayed at BLT about a year ago and I'm pretty sure there was no number 13 on the elevator buttons. I have a vague recollection of explaining why that was so to my youngest.

Enjoying the trip report. Great seeing the Typhoon Lagoon pics. Have fun!

I think this mystery is solved! Thanks for saving me the trip to BLT. We are loving the Fort this time of year.

Great trip report :)

Thanks for reading along and letting me know about it. It is so much fun when people respond.