YC's Pre-Trip Report--Efforts of a Novice

I'm sure you all are sick of hearing me say it, but I'm soooooooooo far behind on TRs!!

I really am trying to get caught up slowly but surely and finally got to this one.

EXCELLENT JOB YC!

Love the mug theme, love how the pre-TR turned into the TR, love all the great pics, glad your son's arm is ok - that looks like it could have been a lot worse, love that you got to meet a bunch of Fiends, and especially love that you found us here and have jumped in with both feet and shared your experiences with us in this TERRIRIC TR.

What you said about "the past" is so true. And what others have said about Fiends being much more than random posts on a message board is true as well.

FORT FIENDS ROCK!

And so does this trip report. :bravo:

P.S. If you need proof of that... this (so far) 9 page trip report by a "newbie" (well, maybe you were when you started, but you aren't now!) already has nearly 3000 views!

:studsmatta-smiley:

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I was sitting on my deck drinking out of my favorite Mickey mug I had picked up at the World several years back, I was thinking about all the things I had done to prepare for this next 700 mile t

Once again, we are all enriched by sharing with other and enjoying being Fiends!!!!!

We're happy you're here Eric. The online thing is just a part of FF.Net. It goes way beyond virtual bantar. There are real people that you can meet, get to know, and in a lot of cases, become friends

Totally agree with squirrel sentiment. The $&@€ things chewed through several strands of my led Christmas lights over on the 1600 loop. I did everything possible to give my dog an advantage to hunt one down.

Kenny (of tee time fame) once told me that he often finds his stolen carts abandoned on property somewhere. It's not like they can drive them too far off property. Your pic of 609 was great!

I'm sure you all are sick of hearing me say it, but I'm soooooooooo far behind on TRs!!

I really am trying to get caught up slowly but surely and finally got to this one.

EXCELLENT JOB YC!

Love the mug theme, love how the pre-TR turned into the TR, love all the great pics, glad your son's arm is ok - that looks like it could have been a lot worse, love that you got to meet a bunch of Fiends, and especially love that you found us here and have jumped in with both feet and shared your experiences with us in this TERRIRIC TR.

What you said about "the past" is so true. And what others have said about Fiends being much more than random posts on a message board is true as well.

FORT FIENDS ROCK!

And so does this trip report. :bravo:

P.S. If you need proof of that... this (so far) 9 page trip report by a "newbie" (well, maybe you were when you started, but you aren't now!) already has nearly 3000 views!

:studsmatta-smiley:

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement and reading along! I have alot of reading to do. I didn't realize how much it takes to write a trip report. I know see why there aren't too many "live" TRs. I can't wait to have time to read all the others. Hope we get the opportunity to meet soon.

YC

Totally agree with squirrel sentiment. The $&@€ things chewed through several strands of my led Christmas lights over on the 1600 loop. I did everything possible to give my dog an advantage to hunt one down.

Kenny (of tee time fame) once told me that he often finds his stolen carts abandoned on property somewhere. It's not like they can drive them too far off property. Your pic of 609 was great!

Caveat Lector,

Thanks for reading and responding!

I understand squirrels chewing on things and finding their way into openings, but how did that little tree rat "know" to chew that bungee to gain access to the camper?

It is a little scary to me, almost like the Planet of the Apes, the squirrels are getting smarter than us!

Somebody had to have a good time in that cart and is having a good time telling the story! Wish I knew more.

Now that one is my new favorite. Can you tell I like Mickey coffee mugs? :))

Thanks Cherie, but I think this last one may be your new favorite. Thanks for reading along.

Whew! I just caught up on this TR! All 10 pages in one sitting! :banana:

Love Love Love this report! Great photos. Great Commentary... and most importantly Great Fun! (not to mention Great Mugs!) ;D

HE-BREWS!!! :rofl2: :rofl3:

KFK, Thanks for reading along and laughing at my silly joke. I am looking forward to closing this one out and reading everyone else's.

YC

This is the last morning mug I have to share. It is more than time I close this one out. My wife and I are looking at a few select photos we may want to share as a recap, but this is pretty much it.

I have really enjoyed your responses and getting to meet so many FrIENDS!

This mug is for all of you!

IMG_20120416_060917.jpg

YC - enjoyed your report! Great job! If you haven't seen it yet, go over to the Grand Gatherings board and check out the new thread on the Defeated Creek GG in Sept. Hope you can make it!

Dave, just checked it out and replied there too. We are in! Thanks for organizing.

:bravo: Great mug to end with. Looking forward to the recap. ;D

Thanks Kim a pictorial of our week is forthcoming sort of the highlights and some good pictures as well as a few of me and my family coming shortly

You win, I love it!! :top-points-smiley:

One of my favorites, but i never use it for drinking. It sits by computer and holds pencils and stuff. Glad to see you are signed up for Defeated Creek.

YC

Job Well Done

Thanks Monique!

Here and in future posts will be just a few of the shots that were our favorites from each day of our trip and few of the YC crew! For TnBob's enjoyment it will be mostly pictures little commentary.

Traveling Day

DSCN0494-1.jpg

DSCN0502-1.jpg

I love the Easter Mickey reflection in this shot, it was unintentional but neat all the same.

DSCN0501.jpg

DSCN0504.jpg

DSCN0507.jpg

DSCN0510.jpg

Just in time! I was not stopping till we hit the Fort. Glad there wasn't a line at Check in!

DSCN0497.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

Home Sweet Home and look the sun came out just as we had finished the setup! I love the Fort.

DSCN0521-1.jpg

This was a nice ending to a long day of traveling thanks to traffic and the rain.

I love how even in the rain, coming upon those signs is a wonderful sight!

We actually started taking pictuers of signs on the Florida Turnpike but this report is too long already.

The signs always get our blood pumping!

Great pictures!!

Thanks, just trying to share some of the ones we didn't have time to share during the trip.

Cuttin' it a little close with the gas weren't ya? :rofl2: Talk about riding on fumes!

When I am trying to get to the Fort nothng stops me. Ask the boys, I threatend to make them pee in a bottle; once we hit the Turnpike there is no stopping.

Truthfully we usually have about 2 gallons of gas left at this point. The guage hasn't been the same since the squirrels chewed on our fuel and electrical lines. See the earlier posts. Those squirrells haunt us forever now.

Great report!! :bravo:

Thanks T.J. Sorry we didn't get to meet durin the Easter week when you dropped by the Fort.

A pre-trip and now a TR. I might have to read this one. Nah, just kidding.

Good thing, I might get nervous if a Fiend of your stature was reading along.

By the way we never miss Fantasmic when at HS.

Sunday it was off to Epcot for the Flower and Garden Festival

Just of few of the pictures we liked.

PICT7520-1.jpg

I Love Sorcerer Mickey from Fantasia, it is where my name and Avatar originated from Yen Sid

That is Disney backwards. Since Disneycamper was taken I used YensidCamper or now just YC.

PICT7618.jpg

PICT7586-1.jpg

IMG_0050-1.jpg

IMG_0051-1.jpg

I love when the boys are being boys

PICT7623.jpg

No matter how big they are the playground can always be fun

PICT7694.jpg

PICT7671-1.jpg

And the YC gang goes to Paris

PICT7672-1.jpg

DSCN0558.jpg