YC's Pre-Trip Report--Efforts of a Novice

Well I was sitting on my deck drinking out of my favorite Mickey mug I had picked up at the World several years back, I was thinking about all the things I had done to prepare for this next 700 mile trek to the Fort. I then thought of all I still have to do. I noticed I really need to mow the yard! As my thoughts came back to me I focused on the mug and thought I really ought to do a pre-trip report leading up to pulling out on Friday. So it begins with a picture of my peaceful morning cup.

DSCN0443.jpg

I'll post more daily as my family and I prep to leave. I hope this doesn't bore anyone and I hope it helps others to get to know me a little.

YC

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I was sitting on my deck drinking out of my favorite Mickey mug I had picked up at the World several years back, I was thinking about all the things I had done to prepare for this next 700 mile t

Once again, we are all enriched by sharing with other and enjoying being Fiends!!!!!

We're happy you're here Eric. The online thing is just a part of FF.Net. It goes way beyond virtual bantar. There are real people that you can meet, get to know, and in a lot of cases, become friends

Post #7 is the start of your first trip report...

#7 seemed like a lucky number to start on. Besides, I am making up for lost time. Got to get my post count up for sure.

Count me in too!! I love Fort adventures. It takes A LOT to bore us, have you seen our thread on Ramen noodles? :))

Not yet. You know I have never eaten Ramen noodles unless it was in a salad. I have been so neglected.

I'm in! I love to see the pre trip reports, I make plans for months in advance but always seem to procrastinate on the packing.. and organizing of stuff.. thus leading to mass chaos and confusion on the day of departure..

so I enjoy seeing how normal people pull it off :)

Procrastination is my middle name. I doubt you will learn much from me except what not to do.

Thanks to all who said they are reading. Any advice along the way will be greatly appreciated.

Enjoying my cup of coffee this morning before the crazy day begins. Off to church, then baseball practice, and then I can focus on some things for the trip.

Did I mention I need to mow the lawn?

I am hoping today to get the bike rack fixed up on the camper and the rear seat removed from the van. Yes I remove the rear seat on the way to Disney to save weight.

That thing weighs more than my youngest child. It also gives us more room. We didn't take the bikes our last trip and boy did we miss them. I want to stabilize the bars on the

rack a little becuase the ABS roof on my camper is prone to cracking.

If time allows, I will pull down the plastic bins we use as a chest of drawers and begin packing.

Here are some pictures of my second favorite mug, which Mickey looks the snarkiest?

DSCN0444.jpg

DSCN0445.jpg

DSCN0446.jpg

I'm in, when I talked to you in chat, stupid me didn't realize you were from TN, where are you from in the great state if TN?

Bob, I grew up in Madison on the north side of Nashville. I now live south of Nashville in Middle Tennessee.

As you may or may not know, I don't read TRs, so I'm certainly not going to read pre TRs especially from someone with a Mickey mug fetish.

And besides, I'm more into Minnie mugs.

When people know you like going to Disney they give you coffee mugs; don't you have more than you need?

Which Mickey would be you on the mug?

I like the karate chop Mickey (I think that's what he's doing)

I would agree with that or maybe the one on the far left in the first picture. Which one would you say is Lou?

A very crazy busy day. I got the bike racks back on the camper with some extra foam under the bars to help with bouncing.

I took the back seat out of the van, need to vacuum back there.

DSCN0449.jpg

I then mowed the yard till I ran out of gas and then had to go coach baseball. I came back got gas and finished mowing the (front yard only) I hope I can get the back done before we leave or it will be a jungle come Easter. Went to church and then came home and got the bins out for packing clothes. These are our "chest of drawers" in the pop up. Not a bad way to pack really. My wife gets the three big ones and the boys and I get one each of the small ones. Just kidding.

DSCN0452.jpg

And last but not least, I dug out the last site request and I intend to modify it tomorrow. After being there we decided we like the back of the 2000 loop on the outside so that is what we will be requesting this time. We are arriving on Saturday should I fax this tomorrow or Tuesday?

After work tomorrow I will pull the pop up out from under the carport and pop her up to pack her with the essentials.

Good night all, YC,

Lou, this mug is for you!....** I hope you were just kidding about not readiing or this will be really dumb**

(I love using old beer commercial lines, wait till I pull out the Seinfeld lines)

Don't forget to tip your waitress, I am here all week..err and next......

DSCN0458.jpg

I am in on this trip report! Have a fantastic trip. My niece is flying home today, said the parks were packed, but she's a novice. I'm sure you will know how to beat the crowds (relaxing at FW!).

Thanks for following along! I bet they will be packed. We won't care, we plan on hitting the rope drops and then coming back to the Fort to relax, and then hitting some of that late night evenings. Did she say if they were enforcing the fast pass times or not?

Lou, this mug is for you!....** I hope you were just kidding about not readiing or this will be really dumb**

I never kid or make stuff up.

I don't read TR or pre TR, don't hug, hate the COP, IASW, and mostly the EWP.

I don't like most Fiends especially Bob and Dave.